AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-06-18, 19:49   Link #861
Silver Soul
Banned

If she doesn't get recuse the next episode perhaps her screentime can be her discovering if Lelouch is true royalty (although it would be stupid for her not to know after episode 7) or thus discovering something shocking to the point that she can't believe or trust in Zero ever again (Euphie?) or maybe something with Suzaku would change her opinion of him (episode 20) well t depends what happens the next episode.
Silver Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 19:51   Link #862
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I'm pretty sure she already knows. If anything, she would just learn the exact details about everything. I doubt there is anything to make her not trust him at this point. She'd be more likely to discover something Britannia is planning to help Lelouch. Changing sides is very unlikely as well.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 19:57   Link #863
Silver Soul
Banned

Oh god no that's out of the picture, I mean these recent episodes made it clear that if Zero/Lelouch wants her to grovel at his feet with a chain around her neck like the slave she is all for the sake of Japan she'll pretty do it without hesitation.
Old 2008-06-18, 20:09   Link #864
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I think you are being a little harsh. She would pretty much do anything I think to a point. If Lelouch became all evil and such, I think she would turn on him.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-18, 20:11   Link #865
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday
Enough with the icons. I know you're happy.
Hard to say for sure until the very end . but i'm happy about how her character has been portrayed/used thus far; She's no longer the "fangirl of Zero" that she was in season one, she has been given more or a fole this season as well as a chance at turning out to be Lelouch's LI (though this might of course just be a carrot that the directors are cruelly dangling in front of us only to snatch away later or at least second even). For this I'm quote happy - but we'll see if I'll be kept happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday
I don't consider her that normal since no one in this show that is important is normal. She's an ace which makes her special, be it through hard work or not.
I suppose, though you didn't answer my question here; what is it that you like about Kallen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul
If she doesn't get recuse the next episode perhaps her screentime can be her discovering if Lelouch is true royalty (although it would be stupid for her not to know after episode 7) or thus discovering something shocking to the point that she can't believe or trust in Zero ever again (Euphie?) or maybe something with Suzaku would change her opinion of him (episode 20) well t depends what happens the next episode.
If you're implying that she'd change sides I'll say flat out that it'd be a stupid idea for the storywritters to do. She has aplenty of reasons to fight against Britannia (Her mother, her brother - and she has seen first-hand the suffering that Britannia brings about), so having her just forget/ignore that is stupid. Furthermore, she made it clear that she wants Lelouch to continue playing his role as Zero and her trusting in him or not did in essence not matter ("Deceive us to the end!"). Her whole character builds on her fight against Britannia just as much as Lelouch's does or Suzaku's character builds on him stubbornly wanting to change things from the inside and sticking to Britannia for that very reason, and it'd be both stupid and strange to change that about her, especially this late in the series.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 20:13   Link #866
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I find her portrayal rather weak to be honest, though she has never impressed me in this show and I don't expect that to change. And being the LI seems to be part of what her character revolves around which irritates me as well. You'll always be happy along with all the Kallen fans though.

That she tries hard I suppose. That's pretty much it.

Old 2008-06-18, 21:20   Link #867
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I think you are being a little harsh. She would pretty much do anything I think to a point. If Lelouch became all evil and such, I think she would turn on him.
Maybe but R2 ED imagery of her being well chained around the neck has to mean something, also by evil I can only assume you mean sacrificing his followers for his own gain since she realizes that what she's is wrong and she's been following Zero/Lelouch throughout the first season when he was all about Nunnally.

Quote:
I find her portrayal rather weak to be honest, though she has never impressed me in this show and I don't expect that to change. And being the LI seems to be part of what her character revolves around which irritates me as well. You'll always be happy along with all the Kallen fans though.

That she tries hard I suppose. That's pretty much it.
Exactly that's why I think this sudden advancement in her character is ultimately underwhelming, I would rather her to actually question her believes compared to Lelouch's instead of going along with it thinking its for the best for the Japanese as a whole. This is what I was hoping for when the season started not these meaningless romance scenes which are only a ploy to make fan coupling sky rocket, which is why I hope she reflects back at her life while being under house arrest to see if this is really what she wants.
Old 2008-06-18, 21:22   Link #868
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

C.C. had chains around the neck and I don't think she would grovel nor would Lelouch ever make either do such a thing. And yes, I mean evil like that.

Old 2008-06-18, 21:28   Link #869
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
C.C. had chains around the neck and I don't think she would grovel nor would Lelouch ever make either do such a thing. And yes, I mean evil like that.
Wasn't it entangled in her big devil wing if I recall, I didn't see any on her neck
Old 2008-06-18, 21:34   Link #870
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

She had a chain and collar just like Kallen.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 21:43   Link #871
Silver Soul
Banned

Oh, okay than now that I see it
Old 2008-06-18, 21:43   Link #872
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I think it just indicates how they are linked to Lelouch. The lyrics during Kallen's scene imply something deeper unfortunately, for me anyway.

Old 2008-06-19, 02:16   Link #873
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
I think it just indicates how they are linked to Lelouch. The lyrics during Kallen's scene imply something deeper unfortunately, for me anyway.
Funnily enough, I think the lyrics match their accompanying pictures pretty well.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 02:18   Link #874
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Funnily enough, I think the lyrics match their accompanying pictures pretty well.
So Lelouch does need to tell Kallen he loves her more often as the lyrics say then?

Old 2008-06-19, 02:35   Link #875
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Hmm.. *takes a look at the ED* . The lyrics that might match their characters best would be Lelouch - "gathering the pieces of his happiness" seems to sort of be what he's going this season - and Kallen, if she's indeed the Li or has romantic feelings for Lelouch. And Suzaku's and C.C's lines seems to hint at that they're sort of struck in their past and/or mourning it - or that they're following a path they already determited that they'd follow a long time ago without straying from it then, which sort of fits their characters, I'd guess. Dunno about the others though..

Ah, but if the song's supposed to be from Lelouch's POV, then I suppose it fits as well - through then I dunno how the last line fits with C.C., though I could see it fitting his thoughts on Suzaku. The other lines aso makes more sense then I suppose, as it for example makes it seem like he's thanking Euphie, implying that perhaps long ago, her kindness rubbed off on Lelouch, sorta. and so on...
Old 2008-06-19, 02:36   Link #876
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Yes, that's probably all it means. It's been bugging me since I first saw it though I'm sure Kallen fans just loved it.

Old 2008-06-19, 03:41   Link #877
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Yes, that's probably all it means. It's been bugging me since I first saw it though I'm sure Kallen fans just loved it.
Here's a bit of an analysisw of mine of the lyrics. We might just be reading too much into it, but who knows...? Since it's not jsut about Kallen it could be counted as off-topic and not everyone might be interested in reading it, so spoilertags attached!

Spoiler for Assuming that the whole song is Lelouch's POV::

Spoiler for Assuming that the whole song is from the indvidual character's POVs as they're shown, not just Lelouch's::

Last edited by DarkLordOfkichiku; 2008-06-19 at 04:31.
Old 2008-06-19, 04:09   Link #878
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

About the ending there is my interpretation;

Chains is parting from Lelouch, so it's clearly a way to symbolize his relations whith people.
Firstly, Nanally and Rollo, Nanally is not chained, Rollo is totally, it seems pretty logic when you see R2, Rollo has an inevitable link with Lelouch, and he is even depending on him.

After that, Euphie and Cornelia, the chain isn't touching Euphie (:'() but is chaining Cornelia's sword, we can think that now, the only link between Cornelia and Lelouch is the one for revenge, so it will explain why chain is around the sword.

After that, Gino and Anya; Chain is coiled around Anya's feet, now that we seen Turn 10, this became pretty clear that Anya is too linked to lelouch; About Gino, chain is only passing above his leg, nothing really strong about that, I suppose that it's only a way to describe that he is simply one of the Lelouch's enemies, and has by the way of the war, a link with him.

To V.V. and Charles, Chain is only surrounding V.V. but without touching him; V.V. isn't really affected by his link wth Lelouch, and I see that as a symbol that it's cleraly one of his most dangerous enemy, seen as chain aren't even able to touch him.
Charles is behind, and chains are with him just like with V.V., so, the same.

Kallen is the one who is coming after, chain grab her neck, certainly a way to show her strong link with Lelouch, and since she is the only one with CC who had this, maybe a way to implide some romance ? The two girls, after all...
Anyway, Kallen is wearing a jacket...and I still dont know what is this jacket; Too long to be the one of the Black Knight or to be Lelouch's one...
Chain surround Kallen's arm and end up in her hands; We can consider that now that Kallen knows Zero's identity, she is able to direct the way of thee relationship and is no more manipulate by him in their relathionship.

Suzaku has his hands TOTALLY chained; He is Lelouch's best friend, and by the way, even if he is his greatest enemy, their past friendship is still present, stopping his movements and restraining him.

CC is totally chained too, the chain is parting from her neck, just like Kallen's and her chain is too surrounding around her wings, her wings which are falling in pieces, just like it was supposed to mean that her endlesses regenerations are finally always affecting her; She is too sit on a broken egg, as if she had just born; Regeneration are certainly as a new birth, but too CC, those regeneration aren't withoud effects, as we can see with her wings.

About wings, Only Rollo has both devil and angel winges, certainly cause his double play; Lelouch ans Kallens wings are black, Just like CC's, but theirs are fierce and entire, when CC's one are decrepit, I think it couldtoo be a spoiler to the end, CC can't continue like that, so She seems have only two choices; She dies, or she became mortal.

We can too think about the background colors but there, I found a meaning that some people could not appreciate so I don't want to cause a new war, Silent is golden.

@DarkLord : Great job ^^ I must admit that I think more about a Lelouch's pov, it fits more that the individual pov, but I don't believe in a particular accordance of lyrics and pics, so...

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 04:18   Link #879
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
@DarkLord : Great job ^^ I must admit that I think more about a Lelouch's pov, it fits more that the individual pov, but I don't believe in a particular accordance of lyrics and pics, so...
Thank you . You did quite the good job too
Well, if they get the song/lyrics before anything else, it's entirely in their power to decide what pics to put into it, in what order so that it fits the song the best and as a way of hinting at... various things, in short.
Old 2008-06-19, 04:25   Link #880
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Thank you . You did quite the good job too
Well, if they get the song/lyrics before anything else, it's entirely in their power to decide what pics to put into it, in what order so that it fits the song the best and as a way of hinting at... various things, in short.
I'd like to think this but since that to me it fits more to a Lelouch's pov, Dann is certainly not going to appreciate that..;You know, the line where he must admit that he lover her more often ...

But are the songs write to the anime ? It match pretty well aftenly, and if, it's that, as you said, they must arrange pics with sort of meaning...

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote