AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-02-23, 19:24   Link #81
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
I was sad in Nanoha A's when someone who has yet to experience happiness disappeared.
Old 2013-02-24, 02:02   Link #82
Kyuu
=^^=

Despite having a backlog... and watching series at a rate so slow... that backlog grows...

My answer is: "Yes, I do get a bit sad after finishing a series". Naturally, that's especially after finishing something that was good and entertaining.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 04:24   Link #83
Kudryavka

I get sad if it was melodramatic, or if it was so good and I'm sad it's over.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 18:41   Link #84
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

For sure, just like watching any other show/movie/etc.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 21:30   Link #85
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

It's very difficult for me to get emotionally involved with animes. I think the only anime that made me cry so far was Grave of the Fireflies. I wept like a newborn baby.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 21:50   Link #86
Aesthetic Shampoo

It's the worst when i get emotionally invested into a sad anime. 5cm per second and Ga rei Zero left me in a depressed 'life sucks so hard' state for at least a month afterward. Grave of fireflies, not so much since to me it was just overhyped.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 13:59   Link #87
RetiredEmo

So I just finished watching Sword Art Online

Hello.

As the title suggests, I've just finished watching all the episodes of the Sword Art Online series, and I don't quite know what to say.

To start off, I've never watched an anime series before, and I've never been into that whole scene. My brother on the other hand loves it, and the other day we were taking a road trip with my family to visit some friends, my brother was watching it in the car, and I just kinda caught a glimpse of the subtitles. At first I thought it was silly and immature, but eventually I caught on.

When I got home I found the episodes online, and now that I've just finished watching them all, I'm sitting here on my own with this weird feeling that I've never had before. And I don't know how to describe it.

Partly sad, yet intrigued. But I don't know why I'm sad, and I can't stand it! Don't get me wrong, I was blown away by the series and I absolutely loved it! Flawless! Never have I watched something on a screen that left me with this feeling.

I don't know why I'm posting here. I guess I just need an outlet to let somebody know how it is I feel about it, and to be honest I don't really want to talk to anyone in the real world about it, and that's probably because I'm ashamed that I feel this way about a TV show. So therefor I'm asking you!

Did anyone apart from myself get this feeling, that you just wanna' disconnect yourself from the world? Mainly because your own life seems so pointless compared to what you've just experienced? Even my freaking mom was nagging at me at the dinner table for looking like an old vegetable!

So I guess what I'm asking is, what's wrong with me? What do I do to feel better? And is there more like that series out there?

HELP!
RetiredEmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 14:08   Link #88
Shyni

SAO has it's own section of the forums, actually. I think this thread should go there, or merge with another thread there.
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 14:16   Link #89
RetiredEmo

I know, but for some reason I wasn't allowed to post there
RetiredEmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 14:24   Link #90
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredEmo View Post
When I got home I found the episodes online, and now that I've just finished watching them all, I'm sitting here on my own with this weird feeling that I've never had before. And I don't know how to describe it.
Sounds like your classic "anime depression" syndrome. There's a bunch of threads on this topic around here.

How to cure that? Just watch more. There are plenty more series, that do that to you. Y'watch something. It ends. Yer left wanting more, only to know that... it's over.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 20:09   Link #91
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredEmo View Post
Did anyone apart from myself get this feeling, that you just wanna' disconnect yourself from the world? Mainly because your own life seems so pointless compared to what you've just experienced? Even my freaking mom was nagging at me at the dinner table for looking like an old vegetable!

So I guess what I'm asking is, what's wrong with me? What do I do to feel better? And is there more like that series out there?
You're not alone in feeling that about a series, although the reasons behind why people feel that way differ. You mention feeling as if your life seems pointless compared to what you've viewed, but others have mentioned different thoughts behind their feelings of sadness.

The good news is that you'll feel better with time and activity. You'll probably feel pretty good when you wake up tomorrow; if not, then the next day. Keep busy, and possibly find another anime series to take your mind off of it.

The good (or bad, depending on your views) news is that if you watch a lot of anime then this feeling that you just experienced becomes much more rare. Perhaps it's because it becomes more difficult to really get absorbed in a series when you've seen so many others like it. Sword Art Online was a powerful one, though; I felt similarly to you, and I haven't felt that way about a series in a number of years.
Old 2013-04-16, 18:34   Link #92
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

The paramount ending of Yosuga no Sora still make me cry to this day.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 16:37   Link #93
Amigal
mm... sounds tasty...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Amigal
Definitely after a good and entertaining our touching anime...
Old 2013-04-18, 17:54   Link #94
Toni-Cipriani

I've felt that way before too, especially just recently when i finished Welcome to Nhk. When I finished it, i was pretty dead set on finding another series similar to it and even tried some Genshiken but couldn't really get into it.

Anyways the sadness/emptiness only really lasted me 1-2 days. And I've now begun on both GTO and Air Gear and they aren't similar to NHK but I'm really enjoying both of them.

Looking back its a much happier feeling now even though I finished NHK, a satisfied feeling of being grateful at experiencing such a great anime and knowing that I'll watch it again real soon.

I find what really helps is balancing out anime interests with other stuff, for example i like certain stand up comedy stuff so i watch that, and through laughing it eases those sad feelings

Also live action stuff like Breaking Bad, great movies can be sorta like a push back to reality
Toni-Cipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 02:45   Link #95
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Do you sometimes get sad after watching an anime?

Depends on the type of anime... oh.. I meant the plot... If it's done good.. I'll feel sad.... If bad, I'll be happy that it ended...

It really depends...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 09:17   Link #96
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

This often happens in anime whom I have strong emotional investment with. For series like Madoka Magica (and recently Love Live!), I always get sad on the last few episodes but got somehow happy on how it gets more material depending on the story and popularity. I usually don't cry watching first episodes of the anime I watch but the very first episode of Valvrave the Liberator makes me burst out in panic for some reasons.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 11:12   Link #97
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

Only when the best love stories end too fast without telling everything.
Old 2013-08-15, 21:23   Link #98
MaeIB

Question Finality! When an anime ends.

I assumed that this thread would belong in this section since it is about anime although not any anime in particular.

Anyways I have been recently watching several anime series mainly to catch up completed shows that i haven't seen before (Cowboy Bebop, Durarara!!, Outlaw Star, Death Note, and Tri-gun.) Most of these were fairly short series no more than 25 episodes so it didn't take long to finish, but when it came to the credits I always have this sense of sadness with a slight hint of anxiety. Now this feeling varied with each show more so with Cowboy Bebop and less with Tri-gun; this could be because Tri-gun the was very open ended leaving more possibilities, while Cowboy Bebop ended with Spikes death and therefore left one ending.

So my question is when you finish an anime for the first time did you have a similar experience? And if not, what feeling and with which anime did you have?
MaeIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 01:52   Link #99
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well, usually when I finished one of my favorite, but Code Geass, Evangelion and Death Note struck me the most!
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 02:05   Link #100
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Yea I do. Some anime are painful to watch.
KanbeKotori is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime, discussion