AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-27, 21:38   Link #21
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
Sorry, didnt mean to ignore you roo

Ah, not a bad description.

Crazy fighting action, perhaps not just a little bit exagerratted and silly, just like kanban musume. A female with unbridled powers limited only by her imagination, yes.

Ridiculous fanservicey scenes that border on nonsensical, just like magikano, yes.
A main male characters who is a dameningen, just like magikano, yes.

I have to admit, I didnt like your analogy at first, but I cannot refute it. Spot on
I've read the first chapter two chapters now and it's a little different than I was expecting - less over-the-top fighting and more fanservice-y.

I dunno about the dameningen part though - he seemed pretty quick on his feet mentally - though like most such leads I imagine that his good points quickly get forgotten after the first volume.

Is the manga awful? (As implied by your liking it less than the anime) I was thinking about maybe picking up the first couple of volumes after reading the first chapter, but your hesitation about it makes it seem like a pass.
Old 2006-09-27, 22:00   Link #22
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
I've read the first chapter two chapters now and it's a little different than I was expecting - less over-the-top fighting and more fanservice-y.

I dunno about the dameningen part though - he seemed pretty quick on his feet mentally - though like most such leads I imagine that his good points quickly get forgotten after the first volume.

Is the manga awful? (As implied by your liking it less than the anime) I was thinking about maybe picking up the first couple of volumes after reading the first chapter, but your hesitation about it makes it seem like a pass.
The main characters is smart, quick thinking and everything. He just has one character flaw, one missing attribute, and it drives me nuts. (I leave it to you to discover what this is). In every other way I find him an excellent protagonist. He is not a dispensible prop, he's very much the center of the story.

I cant say whether I like it more or less than the anime, since the anime is not out yet.

I plan to order volume 5- I'll post my thoughts on it here if youre interested.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 22:16   Link #23
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Let me know if you like it, I'll probably go ahead and order the first volume and see what I think.
Old 2006-09-29, 00:46   Link #24
MetaFire
Wuthuh?

Checked out some of the manga and the little anime previews. This looks like it'll be absolutely hilarious. Just the ridiculous exaggerated expressions Momoka makes sold me.
MetaFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 04:52   Link #25
NeoSam

I think this is the first manga from Young GanGan to be animated, is that right ?

There are a few manga from Young GanGan that I love, like: Bamboo Blade, Black God, Until Death Do Us Part, and of course Sekirei (I am perverted LOL ).
Old 2006-09-29, 17:03   Link #26
NeoSam

And now for figurines (from one of my favourite figurine companies Toys-Works)

A figurine of the main loli bishoujo:

Spoiler:

A figurine of the blonde bishoujo:

Spoiler:

A figurine of the "nice boobs" bishoujo (LOL)

Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-04, 06:29   Link #27
NeoSam

According to Taiyosha, between 25/9/2006 - 1/10/2006 volume 5 of Sumomomo Momomo ~Chijou Saikyo no Yome~ got #10 in sales (and #4 in sales of seinen manga).

Edit:

As to volume 4 of the manga, read this post.
Old 2006-10-05, 13:46   Link #28
eggplant
Eggplant

Just watched Episode 1.
Spoiler for Episode 1:

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 14:22   Link #29
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant
I think we're getting 24 episodes out of this, so there's plenty to cover from the manga.[/spoiler]
Yay that would be really great if its getting 24 episodes
Old 2006-10-06, 02:48   Link #30
SinsI

So far it's a mix of Ranma1/2 and Rizelmine...
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 14:10   Link #31
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant
...I think we're getting 24 episodes out of this, so there's plenty to cover from the manga.
It's listed on MoonPhase as 26 episodes. I found it very funny and entertaining. But be warned: it had by far the most loli fanservice I have ever seen in anime. Rizelmine and PuniPuni Poemi don't even come close. The character design and voicing of Momoko were wonderful. Those huge round eyes in a small round face were really unusual. All this and Hirano Aya, too? I saw her lurking around the corner in that street scene.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 14:42   Link #32
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
be warned: it had by far the most loli fanservice I have ever seen in anime. Rizelmine and PuniPuni Poemi don't even come close.
More loli than Rizelmine?? How is that even possible!? Now I've got to see this.
I thought chocotto sister was the only loli ecchi comedy for the season.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 12:03   Link #33
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

if for nothing else then for the loli fanservice ... a must see in my books (that is number 2 for me this season )
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 14:56   Link #34
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

It's awesome. Yet another must watch in my list.
stevency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 17:37   Link #35
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
oh lol a title that rivals utawarerumono XD
watching it atm ill comment about it after hope it doesnt disappoint ^_^

edit: just finnished watching the first ep
it was cute...tonnes of fanservice (from a loli )...its a really nice comedy so far...i just love the chibi scenes ^_^

Spoiler for soo cute!:

how it continues to be fun and original!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2006-10-07 at 18:05.
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 00:27   Link #36
Seiryuu

Finally saw the raw. I wouldn't go so far as to say that the loli fanservice beats out Rizelmine just yet. However, it definitely wins in the area of intent. Rizel had no idea what was involved in certain matters, but Momoko seems to understand the process fairly well, and also studies hard to better understand the mechanics. The scale is pretty evident.
Spoiler:
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 01:23   Link #37
Oberon

What a pleasant surprise that was. I went into it, thinking it would be a mildly funny shounen show, that might get the occasional smirk out of me, but as it turned out there was some genuinely funny stuff to be found in there. For me it was the over the topness of how everything is handled, the gung-ho attitude of Momoko and Koushi, who makes for a very funny straight man in all the strangeness. I think I hurt myself laughing during the scene that inspired my current avatar. If they can keep this up in the following episodes, I'll gladly be back for more.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 10:43   Link #38
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Spoiler:
shocking isnt it? i cnt say that i was pleasently surprised by that lol
bad thoughts just overwelmed me >.<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 17:43   Link #39
LCeh

Just watched the first episode. Wow, I don't usually watch these types of show, so the loli fanservice was almost overwhelming for me. Things are quite interesting, and that's really all I care about when it comes to comedy series. Guess I will be following this one.

Really looking forward to Hirano Aya's appearance next episode.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 20:12   Link #40
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Finally saw the raw. I wouldn't go so far as to say that the loli fanservice beats out Rizelmine just yet. However, it definitely wins in the area of intent. Rizel had no idea what was involved in certain matters, but Momoko seems to understand the process fairly well, and also studies hard to better understand the mechanics. The scale is pretty evident.
Spoiler:
As perceptive as you have always been when it comes to detailed observation, I can't believe you've overlooked the box-of-tissue she always carried with her along with the bedding! I'm sure Momoko recognized that a box of tissue is very significant for a hygienic intercourse! By the way, I agree that Rizelmine has yet to be beaten by any other loli-fanservice show. Rizel's panty flash still haunts my dream.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, romance, seinen