AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-08-13, 18:35   Link #161
Azrael

hmm.. guess you cant read spaceghost, because it says on animetorrents forums that their torrents for hikaru no go are having problems and dont work.
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 18:50   Link #162
Spaceghost

Actually the torrents work fine because I'm downloading some episodes right now, but there is also a link to anidb which has edonkey links for all the files....so :fingers:
Spaceghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 04:55   Link #163
Kaizoku_Gab

special

I know its so damn late to say it, but viz has licenced the manga, I dont know about the anime, and for what I have read in 9 pages of comments, the ending in anime rlz and in manga it sux...
I bought a hikago special but I dont know if its the one Im looking for... are there more than 1??
Kaizoku_Gab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 17:01   Link #164
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizoku_Gab
I know its so damn late to say it, but viz has licenced the manga, I dont know about the anime, and for what I have read in 9 pages of comments, the ending in anime rlz and in manga it sux...
I bought a hikago special but I dont know if its the one Im looking for... are there more than 1??
The anime isn't licenced, so the special you bought is probably a bootleg. And I think there's 3 (or 4) specials alltogether, the one considered episode 12.5 since it basically recaps episodes 1-12, the one that aired after episode 26, the one that aired somewhere in the episode 40s (I think it's just labeled as episode 46 or something though) and the one that came out after the series finished which is the hour long one.
jpwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 18:36   Link #165
Budweineken
Crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong
The anime isn't licenced, so the special you bought is probably a bootleg. And I think there's 3 (or 4) specials alltogether, the one considered episode 12.5 since it basically recaps episodes 1-12, the one that aired after episode 26, the one that aired somewhere in the episode 40s (I think it's just labeled as episode 46 or something though) and the one that came out after the series finished which is the hour long one.

Probably the one you'll be most interested in is in the last one the New Year's Special since it continues the series...

I hope there will be another New Year's Special this year also (i doubt it)...
Budweineken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 19:25   Link #166
ShikaShika
無罪

The last one is the only one I'd really consider a special at all. Hey, it's nearing new year... no word on another special?
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 23:45   Link #167
raikage
日本語を食べません!

The anime is almost completely caught up with the manga. I don't know if there would be enough material to fill an hour (but I haven't seen/read the series in a little while).
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 04:40   Link #168
ShikaShika
無罪

There's definetly enough material to fill up another 80 minute special. I'd say probably two (though it's been a while since I read it). Anyway, what's the point of doing the last special if you're not gonna complete the arc?

Hmm they used about 14 chapters for the last special (allthough some details were left out, especially in the opening and ending), and there's 21 chapters left. If they wanted to they could probably stretch the remaining chapters into two specials.

Last edited by ShikaShika; 2004-12-06 at 05:07.
Old 2006-01-16, 10:29   Link #169
ShikaShika
無罪

So, did anyone buy the first dvd volume yet? Would be nice to hear the impressions of "regular" people. I was thinking of ordering it, but since it's a bit of a hassle and shipping might cost a bit, I'd like to hear what people think first.
Old 2006-01-16, 20:03   Link #170
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

I bought it. Aside from the lack of song subs (*shoots Viz*) there's nothing really wrong with it. I didn't bother listening to the dub, as I haven't seen many positive reactions to it. The "Go Go Igo" segments are included. While I don't care for how they romanized some of the names in the subs, it's worth buying if you want to support the show. I'm glad I have it, at any rate. I just wish the release schedule was faster.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 00:05   Link #171
SuiCiDe |<][/\/g

Quote:
Originally Posted by felicityfish
Will "Hikaru no Go" continue be released?
It is about 1 year that the ep.10 has been released.

after ep 75 and 2 specials i havnt heard anything goin anime if u wana know what happens i would recommend goin to the manga
SuiCiDe |<][/\/g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 06:00   Link #172
TRU
Here but isn't here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuiCiDe |<][/\/g
after ep 75 and 2 specials i havnt heard anything goin anime if u wana know what happens i would recommend goin to the manga
Lol and the post you're qouting is 3 years old. I think he was referring to the time when HnG was still being newly fansubbed by Elite-Fansubs.
TRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 18:04   Link #173
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
I bought it. Aside from the lack of song subs (*shoots Viz*) there's nothing really wrong with it. I didn't bother listening to the dub, as I haven't seen many positive reactions to it. The "Go Go Igo" segments are included. While I don't care for how they romanized some of the names in the subs, it's worth buying if you want to support the show. I'm glad I have it, at any rate. I just wish the release schedule was faster.
Examples?
10 character limit
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-19, 05:16   Link #174
Squallff8aus

i swear viz can't dub for crap. I was hoping to learn some of the english names for the stone positions, but it sound so crap it just turns u off...

@ Viz
This is not pokamon! WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Squallff8aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 19:01   Link #175
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Sorry, I forgot I asked. And yeah, what romanized names don't you agree with? Romanizing names doesn't sound that hard... Of course, I'd rather they kept the names in the correct order (Shindou Hikaru, etc... instead of Hikaru Shindou) but I've learned to live with that.

It's too bad this'll probably never get released by a Swedish company, with Swedish subs. HnG is something I'd love to show my brother and other kids at his age.
Old 2006-01-24, 19:07   Link #176
firstian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squallff8aus
i swear viz can't dub for crap. I was hoping to learn some of the english names for the stone positions, but it sound so crap it just turns u off...

@ Viz
This is not pokamon! WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go here and find out the proper name translations:

http://pw1.netcom.com/~gogaku/englis...club/godic.htm
firstian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 13:25   Link #177
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

OK OK, you guys are really scaring me now about the poor quality dubs

I ordered this DVD a couple months ago, and it just came last week Friday, and I didn't have time to watch it yet this weekend, but I mainly bought it for the dub version so my mom would enjoy it.

I ususally end up watching purchased DVD's on subs anyways, it just don't feel right the other way.

I guess I'll have to pop that DVD in tonight and get the food shopping done fast so I can! Although it wouldn't be the first time family ends up eating burgers instead of tasty food because I was busy watching anime

also

did I understand this right, they took out some of the songs!!!!!!?????? SHiet the music is so moving, *me sad now*
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 15:47   Link #178
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathyfinder
did I understand this right, they took out some of the songs!!!!!!?????? SHiet the music is so moving, *me sad now*
They did?! Where did you here that? This is important to me, I don't think I can by the dvds knowing some music might be missing.
Old 2006-01-31, 16:42   Link #179
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathyfinder
I think you have misunderstood. The only thing that seems to be missing are subtitles for the songs (not something that everyone agrees is actually needed).

As Magus IX imples, it's just the subtitles to the song lyrics that are missing, not the songs themselves.
Quote:
I bought it. Aside from the lack of song subs (*shoots Viz*) there's nothing really wrong with it.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 16:48   Link #180
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
I think you have misunderstood. The only thing that seems to be missing are subtitles for the songs (not something that everyone agrees is actually needed).

As Magus IX imples, it's just the subtitles to the song lyrics that are missing, not the songs themselves.
DOMO

My bad
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote