AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-06-16, 15:03   Link #3801
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
So.....anyone notice all the adults seemed to have been adsorbed by the Virm? That one human APE member whos face we saw died with a smile on his face. CREEPY

This would mean that the parasites are the only "humans" left on Earth.
parasites and the "nanas and hachis" or "formers pilots" which still around there, they probably are the survivor adults, basically the ones which where no more immortals" must be around.
Old 2018-06-16, 15:10   Link #3802
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
After the Ichigo outrage, they rewrote the script to be more moderate.
Afraid of pissing more people they devised a "true enemy" that is perfectly alien so it's not offending any races and groups.
As far as I know, production of each episode starts a couple months (at best) before it's airing date, so I don't believe they've gone making changes in the plot this late in the game.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-16, 15:17   Link #3803
wissenschaft

Ok, now I've watched the whole episode. You know, beside the whole Virm mess, this was an exciting episode. All the Zero-two scenes were great. Squad 13 backing up Zero-Two was touching, Hiro and Zero-Two under the tree was a great scene.

Theres no way Zero Two is dead. I don't believe it for a second. In fact, this cliffhanger proves we are getting a happy ending, at least for Zero Two and Hiro. Theres no way you have her die with 3 episodes remaining. And you don't fake her death just to let her died a few episodes latter.

On a side note, again, I need this show in Super Robot Wars. Strelizia Apath would fit right in with the other ridiculously OP Super Robots in SRW.
Old 2018-06-16, 15:50   Link #3804
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
As far as I know, production of each episode starts a couple months (at best) before it's airing date, so I don't believe they've gone making changes in the plot this late in the game.
i thibnk this is right

also let's be serious

it was obvious since the damn episode one that "papa" would turn out to be the true enemy they never tryed to hide this lol

Last edited by endarion88; 2018-06-16 at 16:35.
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-16, 15:54   Link #3805
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
i thibnk this is right

also let's be serious

if was obvious since the damn episode one that "papa" would turn out to be the true enemy they never tryed to hide this lol
Yeah, It could still have been handled better. One less episode of Slice of Life and instead an episode hinting at another threat in the background would have helped make ep 20 less jarring. The story isn't a problem, like I said, this episode was rather enjoyable. The execution of the Virm twist itself could have been better though.
Old 2018-06-16, 16:02   Link #3806
zibi88

Well if 02 dies and the princess is gone too, then Hiro might just hook up with Nana xD

It would be a twist if Naomi gets to return somehow. I guess next episodes will be either fight in space to kill of Virm or we get a timeskip of the kids rebuilding civilization and repopulating planet.

I was wondering will there be 24 episodes or 22.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-16, 16:14   Link #3807
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I believed this is what PhoenixRising previously posted. The current episode felt like a true season's finale or end game, because the climax was just so epic and something not expected from an episode prior to the finish.

What I liked the most about the episode was how they handled Zero Two and Hiro's reunion with such tenderness and spontaneity, discarding the corny and campy elements from their previous reunion at episode 15.
Spoiler:

What I understood from the Klaxxosapiens' intentions to turn into either magma energy or klaxxosaurs......
Spoiler:

So, in this episode we have definite confirmation on Dr. Franxx....
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn
Confirming casualties
Gathering survivors
Inform everone of the status quo
Dealing with those unwilling to fall into the fold
Slapping the 9's
Consolidating forces
Reorganizing the ragtag army
Decide on effecient chain of command
Find a way to deal with the technological gap
Honestly, I agree that's the natural order to adapt once the paradigm changes.

I truly despised the Nine's sheep mentality, and most of them reaped what they sowed.
If the situation suddenly changes, then one must have to come up with his or her own decision making in order to solve the problem or surviving. Relying on someone else due to sheep mentality or deluding yourself that you can handle everything all alone at all times is a recipe towards your own self-destruction.

Spoiler:

The worst of the worst has yet to come, since VRIM has still unfinished business with Earth...
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-16, 16:24   Link #3808
Jord
Banned

Quote:
^After the Ichigo outrage, they rewrote the script to be more moderate
Afraid of pissing more people they devised a "true enemy" that is perfectly alien so it's not offending any races and groups
This is complete and absolute bullshit with no proof at all. In fact this was just a rumor that started with Ichigo fans in the west saying that the Staff changed the script in order to pander Zero two fans because they couldn't stand that their heroine was losing that hard. Also each episode is planned and done weeks before is released to the public so you're either trying to bait with a blatant lie or just believing on misinformation.
Jord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-16, 16:33   Link #3809
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

The troll claims another victim...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-16, 16:49   Link #3810
wissenschaft

It really is odd how decisive people are on this show, especially after ep 20. I've read blogs that enjoyed the episode and there plenty that say the show just jumped off the rails and they are waiting for the crash.

@Guido

Yeah, I think the audience feelings about Dr. Franxx mirror ZeroTwo feelings. Its a mixed bag alright but without him, ZeroTwo wouldn't exist and would not have learned what it means to be human. Her saying thank you for making me was bitter sweet.
Old 2018-06-16, 17:49   Link #3811
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well the show did also decide to kill him off too, and it came across as karmic more than tragic imo.

Personally I thought the episode was really well done from a technical standpoint (particular kudos to the animation which remains top notch) but in terms of emotional impact I wasn't really feeling anything much. It's not bad or anything. It's just my heart wasn't into it.

How ironic: I was pretty consistent in saying that I wanted more plot but now that I have it, I can only say that it never reached to the height of the show when it explored ZeroTwo's character.
Old 2018-06-16, 19:00   Link #3812
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
^After the Ichigo outrage, they rewrote the script to be more moderate
Afraid of pissing more people they devised a "true enemy" that is perfectly alien so it's not offending any races and groups
Or the writing was shit all along and you're finally realizing why people were bitching months ago.
Old 2018-06-16, 19:15   Link #3813
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Wait I just realised something. Isn't this alien vs dino twist kinda like the Finno-Korean Hyper war?
Old 2018-06-16, 19:39   Link #3814
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

So 02 passed out after the fight .
I guess this is the part in the story book where the prince start to looking for the Beast princess after she left him .

VRIM objective also weird , they already absorb all the soul of those who they enslaved with magma energy and the Klaxxosaur is officially went extinct after the Princess fused herself with 02 ? What good about blowing up the planet after that .

May be they will use the Spear and combine with the VIRM technology to form an Earth cracking weapon .

And Trigger gonna waste the next episode showing Hiro building a tomb for 02 ......
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-16, 20:23   Link #3815
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I did not buy into VRIM motives to announce themselves on Earth.

VRIM wants to destroy the Earth because it is home to Star Entity, and its existence is a potential threat to the universe's peace?

Honestly, I do not believe VRIM cares anything about concepts like peace. Their actions pretty much expose their nature being themselves an interdimensional plague that feeds on the energy/soul of corporeal lifeforms.

From here there are alternatives for the story to follow:
1. The cast on Earth waits it out until VRIM's third return, and this route entails a time skip that not necessarily will go over hundreds or thousands of years. The time skip can range from months to just a few years.
It would be great and made for a drama angst if VRIM returns by the time Kokoro is about to deliver her child meaning the time skip lasted about 6 to 9 months.
If not, the plot fast forwards 2 to 3 years when Squad 13 already hit post pubescent age by the time the invaders return.

2. The main cast chooses the TTGL route going into space and taking the war to the VRIM home dimension.
Old 2018-06-16, 20:37   Link #3816
HtwoN

I'm sure 02 is just in a coma or something. We still have 2 more episodes to go. She'll be fine.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-16, 21:27   Link #3817
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I did not buy into VRIM motives to announce themselves on Earth.

VRIM wants to destroy the Earth because it is home to Star Entity, and its existence is a potential threat to the universe's peace?

Honestly, I do not believe VRIM cares anything about concepts like peace. Their actions pretty much expose their nature being themselves an interdimensional plague that feeds on the energy/soul of corporeal lifeforms.
They want " peace " doesn't make them good guys to begin with , horrible action always come with good intentions .

To them , peace for galaxy mean everyone must be devoured by VIRM , get rid of physical body and become one with the energy , to me that sound horrible ...
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-16, 22:00   Link #3818
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
I'm sure 02 is just in a coma or something. We still have 2 more episodes to go. She'll be fine.
Actually, we have three more episodes to go. A lot could happen in those three episode. I still have no idea how this story ends besides its very likely to have a happy ending, at least for hiro and zero two. I don't believe for a second that ZeroTwo is dead.

As some other have pointed out, the Kalosaur princess ended up being a foil for Zero-Two and Hiro. Shes been alone for millions of years and is apparently the last of her race (rest having either turned to magma energy or become one with their war machines). We got an indirect answer as to why she never attempted to persuade humanity. Her solo purpose to get revenge on the Virm when they returned. It seems her civilization is for the most part dead and shes stuck around only to see how many Virm she could kill. She seemed to have gained a sense of hope from the bond between Hiro and Zero Two.

Its was a nice characterization for the princess who had been a plot device so far.

Last edited by wissenschaft; 2018-06-16 at 22:38.
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-16, 22:46   Link #3819
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
actually if you pay attention the princess "disappeared" or is no more, you have only hiro and zero two in the cabin, this means which the princess or just "disappeared or "merged with zero two(what remains of her).
You're not considered "dead" in anime until they show your body. She could be passed out in the floor of the cabin. And...since she's the only one who knows how to fight VIRM, she would have to remain alive.
Old 2018-06-16, 23:08   Link #3820
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
They want " peace " doesn't make them good guys to begin with , horrible action always come with good intentions .

To them , peace for galaxy mean everyone must be devoured by VIRM , get rid of physical body and become one with the energy , to me that sound horrible ...
Obviously, I never Ever implied in the slightest for VIRM to be noble or good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft
As some other have pointed out, the Kalosaur princess ended up being a foil for Zero-Two and Hiro. Shes been alone for millions of years and is apparently the last of her race (rest having either turned to magma energy or become one with their war machines). We got an indirect answer as to why she never attempted to persuade humanity. Her solo purpose to get revenge on the Virm when they returned. It seems her civilization is for the most part dead and shes stuck around only to see how many Virm she could kill. She seemed to have gained a sense of hope from the bond between Hiro and Zero Two.
I see two extreme opposites in that spectrum:
- One camp follows the leadership like naive sheep with regard to neither think for themselves nor being aware that something is off.

- The other camp completely shut themselves from the rest of the world only obsessing to take care of the enemy with whatever means possible.

The Nines, almost if not all of the other parasites, and, formerly, Squad 13 fall in the first category.

The klaxx-hime, the klaxxosaurs, and, formerly, Zero Two fall in the second category.

The show pretty much portrays that going into either extreme at the long run will yield nothing but a path towards self-destruction.

However, since through their journey of trials and tribulations, Squad 13 and Zero Two learned to truly accept each other, to forgive past slights, to truly trust each member, and to realize that what's most important is that all must take care of their own group and home as a community of friends agreeing that putting aside their differences for the common good and survival is of the best interest for the team.

I truly felt overjoyed when all Squad 13 lent their help to Zero Two in order to reunite her with Hiro, and how she truly reciprocated those feelings of comradeship behind their actions.
In fact, hearing Zero Two addressing both Ichigo and Goro by their names out of geniune worry and care for their welfare became a bliss.