Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-06-17, 21:11   Link #3861
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
and you could describe all that lose threads please???, because so far basically for me they explaned almost everything

how the franxx where created
who are the APE
who are the klaxs
what is the magma
why you need a male and female to pilot
who are the nines
professor background
nana and hachi background
the APE plans
who is zero 2

what are all that "many lose threads???
You forgot to add who are the VRIM into the list.

BTW, I can only think from where or how humanity came to be in this story. Aside from that, everything else has pretty much been resolved.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-17, 21:15   Link #3862
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
You forgot to add who are the VRIM into the list.

BTW, I can only think from where or how humanity came to be in this story. Aside from that, everything else has pretty much been resolved.
i know, i avoided the VIRM because they come later to the party but even then get they explanations, almost everything was explainned so far, at last what most of peoples where asking, this why i don't understand that "argument" of lack of explannation.

Maybe the only big explannation which they don't give and still a mystery is what happened with hiro first partner girl, so far she is the only thing we don't really know what happened so far.
Old 2018-06-17, 21:30   Link #3863
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
and you could describe all that lose threads please???, because so far basically for me they explaned almost everything

who are the APE
who are the klaxs
what is the magma
who are the nines
professor background
the APE plans
who is zero 2

The 9s fodderization (No one actually cares about them but they are not background characters)

Dr Franxx's death (at least give him more characterization than just squashing him with a rock while his last thoughts are orgasming over a giant mech especially in light of his flashback ep)

What the VIRM are and what are their goals

How 01, despite being a supremely arrogant warrior who fought alone for millions of years decided to just surrender even when she still had reserves left to control Strelizia Apus

Zorome's relation to the woman in the underground city

In fact, all of the kids' relations to the inhabitants of all Plantations

How everyone (literally the majority of humanity) in said Plantations are seemingly consumed by the VIRM and no one seems to care that humans are suddenly on the verge of extinction

02's relationship with 01 (don't tell me something as superficial as she is her clone. I mean how she feels towards her etc etc)

Why did 01 decide not just to inform everyone that the head APE is an alien invader despite her telepathic abilities and instead launch a hundred year war to no end.

Any resolution between 01 herself and humans.

I could go on you know. Lose ends refer to more than just physical things in the story or background material. Many of the resolutions are either not there or very rushed and superficial
Old 2018-06-17, 21:41   Link #3864
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
The 9s fodderization (No one actually cares about them but they are not background characters)

Dr Franxx's death (at least give him more characterization than just squashing him with a rock while his last thoughts are orgasming over a giant mech especially in light of his flashback ep)

What the VIRM are and what are their goals

How 01, despite being a supremely arrogant warrior who fought alone for millions of years decided to just surrender even when she still had reserves left to control Strelizia Apus

Zorome's relation to the woman in the underground city

In fact, all of the kids' relations to the inhabitants of all Plantations

How everyone (literally the majority of humanity) in said Plantations are seemingly consumed by the VIRM and no one seems to care that humans are suddenly on the verge of extinction

02's relationship with 01 (don't tell me something as superficial as she is her clone. I mean how she feels towards her etc etc)

Why did 01 decide not just to inform everyone that the head APE is an alien invader despite her telepathic abilities and instead launch a hundred year war to no end.

Any resolution between 01 herself and humans.

I could go on you know. Lose ends refer to more than just physical things in the story or background material. Many of the resolutions are either not there or very rushed and superficial
ok it's not really about "lack of info" just you being nick pick about what you want, majority of what you are asking where not really any "loose thread"

nines where zero 02 clones and brainwhased APE dogs end of history, since they are zero 2 clones this allow them to be able to pilot in reverse way and/or probably being hermafrodite, but since was confirmed they being clones of zero 2 and zero 2 was herself a clone of princess this make her special to control the franx, since she is the only one which can keep controling in stamped mode.

professor was a crazy dude which was divided between being a good father to zero 2 to want to bang the princess and died in a "normal way" no problem here

virm are a "energy vampire race" which goal is to assimilate others races into them, end of history what is "more complicated tham that??

Because she was being assimilated like hiro and was dying, the trap APE put was really "that good" any problem????

that is the only one i can give you but she is dead now since majority of peoples from plantation 13 died from the hands.

Did you think during that whole situation she can have time to think about it???, she is a clone and as she told "she don't give a shit toward what she is, that is the whole point of her development she accept what she is and why she must care about princess?? just because she is a clone???, again she is herself and the princess is another person and she was too busy to think about it

Because she don't know it until the small guy attacked and she think which the humans where working with them, basically she don't had any trusth on humans, since they race never had meet before and the only contact they have was humans stealing magma.

if the princess is really dead them no resolution, she just let the humans protect the world.

again the only real thing was the old lady the rest is just your personal desire, not something really related to "what plot need to show".

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2018-06-17 at 22:12.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-17, 21:54   Link #3865
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
but this don't means which you can come at basis on almost every post to just bash it like some sort of obligatory ritual, as i told i have some shows which even hating it with pattion i avoid "keep talking every time possible how this show is terrible, or how i hated with passion every episode, it make you look much less "believable than what you want others see you.

And most important just because you hate it with passion don't means which everyone will hate or you are speaking for everyone like some posts which normaly come and say "this is the worst show ever" as if everyone agree with it.

Being too agressive can annoying others peoples which where not being.
Kanon is one of the most reasonable posters in this thread and he does not just come here to plain hating the show. Yet, you dismissed him as one of those people who "bash it like some sort of ritual" when it's not true.

The funny thing is, you speak about us annoying others when those who criticize the show like Kanon and I never attack anyone and we only voiced our impressions. Meanwhile, people like you who love the show have been so busy badmouthing those who criticize the show in this thread and even resorting to personal attacks. Just go back and read past pages if you don't believe me.

This is a free civilized forum. Learn to deal with different opinions. If you want a place where most people like Franxx and most posts are positives, go to reddit. If you want a place where most of the posters bash Franxx, you can go to gamefaqs or something. I personally don't like unbalanced forums like those. That's why I prefer to go to this place where things are more balanced and the users being more reasonable (with some notable exceptions).

Stop trying to make this thread to be an echo chamber for who only post positive things about Franxx. One of the good things about Asuki has always been about the diversity of opinions and the moderation.
Old 2018-06-17, 21:58   Link #3866
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Kanon is one of the most reasonable posters in this thread and he does not just come here to plain hating the show. Yet, you dismissed him as one of those people who "bash it like some sort of ritual" when it's not true.

The funny thing is, you speak about us annoying others when those who criticize the show like Kanon and I never attack anyone and we only voiced our impressions. Meanwhile,
people like you who love the show have been so busy badmouthing those who criticize the show in this thread and even resorting to personal attacks. Just go back and read past pages if you don't believe me.

This is a free civilized forum. Learn to deal with different opinions. If you want a place where most people like Franxx and most posts are positives, go to reddit. If you want a place where most of the posters bash Franxx, you can go to gamefaqs or something. I personally don't like unbalanced forums like those. That's why I prefer to go to this place where things are more balanced and the users being more reasonable (with some notable exceptions).
i never sayd which was "him/her" i said which peoples which just come to badmouth and nothing more don't really look like they like the show, one thing is you criticizing what you don't like but also talk about what you like another is just bad mouth which happen a lot here and others places and don't forget it can't also be against the rules if you can't bring a proper criticism than just "hate" troll and bash.

And why i'm still wasting time with you, i really bad at my words
Old 2018-06-17, 22:17   Link #3867
wissenschaft

I don't think English is Blueknight78 first language. Didn't seem like he meant to directly address Kanon even though thats how it was written.

So this is kind of a pointless argument based on misunderstandings.
Old 2018-06-17, 22:21   Link #3868
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
ok it's not really about "lack of info" just you being nick pick about what you want, majority of what you are asking where not really any "loose thread"

nines where zero 02 clones and brainwhased APE dogs end of history, since they are zero 2 clones this allow them to be able to pilot in reverse way and/or probably being hermafrodite, but since was confirmed they being clones of zero 2 and zero 2 was herself a clone of princess this make her special to control the franx, since she is the only one which can keep controling in stamped mode.

professor was a crazy dude which was divided between being a good father to zero 2 to want to bang the princess and died in a "normal way" no problem here

virm are a "energy vampire race" which goal is to assimilate others races into them, end of history what is "more complicated tham that??

Because she was being assimilated like hiro and was dying, the trap APE put was really "that good" any problem????

that is the only one i can give you but she is dead now since majority of peoples from plantation 13 died from the hands.

Did you think during that whole situation she can have time to think about it???, she is a clone and as she told "she don't give a shit toward what she is, that is the whole point of her development she accept what she is and why she must care about princess?? just because she is a clone???, again she is herself and the princess is another person and she was too busy to think about it

Because she don't know it until the small guy attacked and she think which the humans where working with them, basically she don't had any trusth on humans, since they race never had meet before and the only contact they have was humans stealing magma.

if the princess is really dead them no resolution, she just let the humans protect the world.

again the only real thing was the old lady the rest is just your personal desire, not something really related to "what plot need to show".

Because opinions? They are not important to you, but they are to me as a viewer

BTW, none of what you wrote actually addressed my points. It's not a matter of whether we interpreted it correctly but whether we felt the staff's presentation of these two eps was sufficient. It is for you, it isn't for me. And I am not you
Old 2018-06-17, 22:26   Link #3869
wissenschaft

Spoiler for More memes:

@Cosmic Eagle

Hmm, your post makes me wonder if the kids are even aware what happened to the adults. Doesn't seem like it when the 9s seem to still be expecting orders from Papa. There are a bunch of loose ends that need tying up but we still have 3 episodes left.

I'm not sure what the point of the 9s was in the series. They were set up like there would be a big confrontation between them and squad 13 but if nothing comes of it then that would be quite a waste.
Old 2018-06-17, 22:33   Link #3870
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Because opinions? They are not important to you, but they are to me as a viewer

BTW, none of what you wrote actually addressed my points. It's not a matter of whether we interpreted it correctly but whether we felt the staff's presentation of these two eps was sufficient. It is for you, it isn't for me. And I am not you
why not??
virm background was explained you liking or not.

nines background explainned.

basically we get explannations for almost all you want, if that explannation not was "enough for you fine" but they do give it.

all your points where just as you told "your opnion" not major info for the anime, major info where about about klaxs, the parasites, humans, zero two, hiro and ape anything else is just "infodumb, for peoples wanting "more" not really "something which you can miss.

excluding the old lady part, all you are "asking i already feel answered and not really something needed on the plot that is how opnions work and the big problem of the world, because in the end "my only opnion(and maybe peoples which share exactly the same opnion) matters(it's for everyone).
Old 2018-06-17, 22:43   Link #3871
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
I don't think English is Blueknight78 first language. Didn't seem like he meant to directly address Kanon even though thats how it was written.

It's not pointless if you see blueknight's post history in this thread. And others who have been passive aggressive about any criticism of Franxx in this thread.
Old 2018-06-17, 22:47   Link #3872
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post

I really already learned which argue with some peoples here is just pointless and i even don't know why they wasste time with me if i'm so that bad.
Old 2018-06-17, 22:50   Link #3873
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jal90 View Post
The creative process behind this show is so

I've grown to like this trainwreck though. The episode this week was a blockbuster epic making up for its weak narration and inconsistent pacing with its energy and grand-scale perspective. It ended up fine, if problematic in so many ways and aspects. The usual for this series I guess, that's why I keep watching it.
Same, basicly still watch for Hiro and 02 cuteness and the mecha stuff.

Plot? Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh :P
Old 2018-06-17, 23:05   Link #3874
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:

who are the APE
who are the klaxs
what is the magma
who are the nines
professor background
the APE plans
who is zero 2

Nearly all of that was info dumped in the last three episodes. We still don't know much about Nana and Hachi outside of a few brief clips revealing they are "adult?" parasites (no explanation why or how), and the "new" Nana literally gets one scene.

We know nothing about APE. Are they even named by member? Not that anyone can recall. There's nothing to suggest anything about the VIRM until they betray everyone out of the blue, and only half of them....the other half get their souls sucked out along with the rest of humanity. At no point, including in Frank's flashback episode, is it hinted that APE is anything other than human. Maybe science modified humans, since we can see Frank is part cyborg, and that human experimentation is definitely a theme, but no....not aliens.

Why did they approach humanity at that point? If this was a long con, why wait until the current era to mold and shape humanity? If blowing up the planet was the goal, well, we apparently had no problem nuking the shit out of the planet just to defeat the klaxosaur. Considering we could reverse engineer their technology, it shouldn't have been that difficult to create a planet cracker, especially since we literally use their essence as fuel. If its fuel, you can burn it.

The problem with Franxx is that it spent a lot of time poorly. Sure, those slice of life episodes are important, but there needed to be more time on world building, so that the later events might carry more weight and the twists could feel more like "Oh, of course! How did I miss that before!" instead of "where did THAT come from!?" The kids are not developed enough over the course of the show to compensate for the poor development of the events they are a part of.

For example, Zorome in the city. Mitsuru and Kokoro's entire "romance". Spending nearly the entire first half of the show on Hiro's "performance issues". The early squad episode that just reinforces what the audience already knows about Zero Two (and literally no one cares about their heroic sacrifice later). The utter lack of point to the Nines besides being jerks. And so on.

This is a show that does not know what it wants to be, but is definitely influenced by the greats that came before it. It uses themes and settings like they are disposable. Ultimately there's a lot of shows like Franxx that have really interesting concepts but very mediocre writing. I'm enjoying the show because of the former but I am frustrated with the latter.

Keep in mind that movies get more of a pass than television series, because cramming development and exposition into two hours is way more difficult than doing it over several hours. Darling has had ten hours (and counting) to develop a cast, develop a world, and tell a story with it. It hasn't done a good job of that even compared to other anime, in my opinion. Selling your show on waifus, insert songs, and school romance plots is just not a good formula for making something memorable.
Old 2018-06-17, 23:05   Link #3875
Deim |Envy| Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
You know, wouldn't it be a hoot if the writers made very calculated decisions with the exact intent of getting very extreme responses out of their audience? Like some kind of elaborate social experiment. :P
I think what you meant was the showrunners decided to do something extreme to pique viewers’ so that they would comeback for the next episode ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I mean the core of the matter is: There is a third faction that wants to do some instrumentality thing (go figure, this is a Studio Trigger show). The faction just happens to come from outer space.
Imagine Empire Strikes Back but instead of “No, I am your Father” it’s “Im an alien entity from outside of the galaxy who is manipulating both the Rebel and The Empire for my own gain hahaha” without anyhing or clue to the what this entity is before the big reveal

It’s not bad, maybe it’s even awesome to some people, but to me at least, my version wouldnt reward 2nd viewing for there are no hints or clues at all.

The reveal wouldnt receive that much backlash if their are scene that introduced or at least suggested the concept of VIRM

Gosh i have to study
Deim |Envy| Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-17, 23:11   Link #3876
Deim |Envy| Astaroth

And it would be better if the reveal happen before the kids renounce PAPA, since a big part of the 2nd cour is about the kid begin to realize PAPA are a bunch of asshole and learn to stand up to them, so have twist happen during that period would makes the realization hits even harder

And i still have to study fml
Deim |Envy| Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-17, 23:29   Link #3877
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Nearly all of that was info dumped in the last three episodes. We still don't know much about Nana and Hachi outside of a few brief clips revealing they are "adult?" parasites (no explanation why or how), and the "new" Nana literally gets one scene.

We know nothing about APE. Are they even named by member? Not that anyone can recall. There's nothing to suggest anything about the VIRM until they betray everyone out of the blue, and only half of them....the other half get their souls sucked out along with the rest of humanity. At no point, including in Frank's flashback episode, is it hinted that APE is anything other than human. Maybe science modified humans, since we can see Frank is part cyborg, and that human experimentation is definitely a theme, but no....not aliens.

Why did they approach humanity at that point? If this was a long con, why wait until the current era to mold and shape humanity? If blowing up the planet was the goal, well, we apparently had no problem nuking the shit out of the planet just to defeat the klaxosaur. Considering we could reverse engineer their technology, it shouldn't have been that difficult to create a planet cracker, especially since we literally use their essence as fuel. If its fuel, you can burn it.

The problem with Franxx is that it spent a lot of time poorly. Sure, those slice of life episodes are important, but there needed to be more time on world building, so that the later events might carry more weight and the twists could feel more like "Oh, of course! How did I miss that before!" instead of "where did THAT come from!?" The kids are not developed enough over the course of the show to compensate for the poor development of the events they are a part of.

For example, Zorome in the city. Mitsuru and Kokoro's entire "romance". Spending nearly the entire first half of the show on Hiro's "performance issues". The early squad episode that just reinforces what the audience already knows about Zero Two (and literally no one cares about their heroic sacrifice later). The utter lack of point to the Nines besides being jerks. And so on.

This is a show that does not know what it wants to be, but is definitely influenced by the greats that came before it. It uses themes and settings like they are disposable. Ultimately there's a lot of shows like Franxx that have really interesting concepts but very mediocre writing. I'm enjoying the show because of the former but I am frustrated with the latter.

Keep in mind that movies get more of a pass than television series, because cramming development and exposition into two hours is way more difficult than doing it over several hours. Darling has had ten hours (and counting) to develop a cast, develop a world, and tell a story with it. It hasn't done a good job of that even compared to other anime, in my opinion. Selling your show on waifus, insert songs, and school romance plots is just not a good formula for making something memorable.
about the age issues it's really looks like being related to piloting and not because they where clones, as we saw in the last episode, the girl hair only get white after she use too much power, it's really show which if you don't "force too much" you can actually get old if you survive and as we see they "need" a nana for each squad, this means which they need to allow some of the parasites to "surive and age" to be they "protectos" or something like that.

to be clear VIRM don't had the klaxs tech or way to reverse it, it was doctor franxx which did it for them, everything was doctor franxxk which did not APE (reverse klaxs tech and build the franxxs).
ok it's seens you missed a lot of hints about APE, if you watch again some episodes or maybe the guy long review you gonna see which, the 3 VIRM where the founders of APE, in one panel in the anime you can see on each APE menber they "rank" the 3 VIRM where the true founders, the others 4 where just regular human which VIRM decided to accept on they ranks to make them "more humans".

VIRM tried to beat the klaxs but they failed, they goal was abosrb the planet, they tried the first time failed then they elaborated a plan using humans to instead of go full armed and fail again used the humans to cover they actions the "reverse technology come from dr franxxk this is why they could not do it themsefs, they ended need humans, they needed first gain humans trusth, it was they plans to pose as "glory saviours of mankind" to make sure peoples "will acceppt" they "immortality when the times comes as we see peoples are accepting throw they lifes for "papa", they goal was turn humans in total servants to APE and whem the battle against klaxs end they will be just "happy assimilated" if the princess was not hijacked the robot and ape was victorious over klax, convincing mankind to be "absorbed to 'become immortal" could be a piece of cake in the current human states, destroy the planet was the "plan B" in case of the plans fail, because this means which is better just give up, because they never gonna be able to "win" them is better destroy it.

I would say for you go back watch again the episodes but paying attention to the "clues' and info instead of "it a shit", ok it a shit but now pay attention to the shit and maybe it can make sense now and still be a shit but at last make some sense, to be clear i'm not trying to insult you with that or anything, but really maybe in all your "anger" you did not pay attention" to the info dump or feel it not was good, maybe indeed it not was that good but i'm almost sure you could had really missed somethings here and there, go watch again if instead the same then ok srry to bother you.

Basically they tried to create a "perfect plan" fail proof, where they could had beat the klaxs and absorb all life and energy and get they hands in that ultra machine created by doctor franxx but it still failed in thend then if they could not get it by neither force or by "being friendly" then let's just get what we can and blow up the remains.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2018-06-18 at 00:03.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-17, 23:35   Link #3878
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

DITF mostly show the POV of the children and not on viewers , with the theme of bird in the cage the information is limited with Papa being everything and they don't suspect Papa is enemy of Earth although through act 1 they started to doubt Papa and the adult .

And what good if they openly rebel against Papa before the invasion ? They only have the Franxx which still need fuel and supply from Adult and if they ever try to rebel with force , the adult will just seize them and brainwash them when they are not inside the mech , or even use the Nine to defeat them if necessary .

IMO, with only 4 eps left , it is not that late to introduce VIRM , unfold theirs plan and show how they fool everybody .

From what i see from the backlash , it is mostly because they don't accept the theory of APE being Alien , and Alien design is unoriginal , have the vibe of other mech show like Gurren or EVA . Heh , the same could be said to those Idol shows which is copy / paste again and again but people still love it .

Anyways , few youtubers like this guy actually rewatch episode 20 and think may be it is not rush and everything make sense .

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by kampfer91; 2018-06-17 at 23:46.
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-17, 23:43   Link #3879
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
DITF mostly show the POV of the children and not on viewers , with the theme of bird in the cage the information is limited with Papa being everything and they don't suspect Papa is enemy of Earth although through act 1 they started to doubt Papa and the adult .

And what good if they openly rebel against Papa before the invasion ? They only have the Franxx which still need fuel and supply from Adult and if they ever try to rebel with force , the adult will just seize them and brainwash them when they are not inside the mech , or even use the Nine to defeat them if necessary .

IMO, with only 4 eps left , it is not that late to introduce VIRM , unfold theirs plan and show how they fool everybody .

From what i see from the backlash , it is mostly because they don't accept the theory of APE being Alien .
yeah really the big problem looks like being on "alliens", if APE was teenage mutant ninja turtles everyone could be happy , jk, but serious that was really the big issue peoples are refusing to accept "alliens".
Old 2018-06-17, 23:53   Link #3880
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post

Thanks very much for that. A lot of the things in DitF are simply not earned and not executed well. And one of the things that the show lacks is balance.

That said, I continue to like the design of Star Entity. That's more credit to the mecha designer than the show in general.