AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-04-08, 04:33   Link #1821
EroKing

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-23 at 07:18.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 05:34   Link #1822
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemagnet View Post
Not exactly, I wouldn't be surprised by that either. We have bits and pieces to suggest that, at a minimum, the Klaxosaurs are either evolving humanoid forms and that humans can transform into them. Hachi and Nana outright suggest as much in episode 12, and Zero-Two is walking, talking confirmation of the former...

In fact, now that I look at it again, it's quite noteworthy that at 07:18 or so in the episode when he's shown torturing Zero-Two, Dr. Franxx outright states that Zero-Two has "developed" a human form. His entire statement suggests that his team were actively experimenting with giving Klaxosaurs human forms and/or performing genetic engineering to produce human/klaxosaur hybrids.
I think we can guess by now why the kids are lab experiments that need constant supervision and checkups. At the very least, not all, but this particular batch is noted to be very different from the others and I doubt it's to only test how a bunch of kids hitting puberty will handle the opposite sex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Yep, it's like inconsistent Wolverine mutation.
To be fair, Marvel's "healing factor" is wildly inconsistent. It's everything from slightly faster regen to damn near immortality. Whatever suits the story, basically.
Old 2018-04-08, 05:49   Link #1823
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Finally the show reaches its turning point although I wonder if giving 02 that book was planned or merely coincidental. Oni 02 is the best 02 though.....hope she gets that form back some time

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemagnet View Post
Not exactly, I wouldn't be surprised by that either. We have bits and pieces to suggest that, at a minimum, the Klaxosaurs are either evolving humanoid forms and that humans can transform into them. Hachi and Nana outright suggest as much in episode 12, and Zero-Two is walking, talking confirmation of the former...
Seems more like infected rather than evolved though, seeing how every (normal?) person treats klaxosaurs as contagious
Old 2018-04-08, 08:13   Link #1824
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's depressing how humans being dicks makes sense. I'm not even talking about the horrific torture sessions/experiments. It's possible survival demands it, though at this point I doubt it. I'm talking about the time that woman tried to steal 02's picture book. It clearly wasn't that important since as soon as 02 made it a bit difficult, she gave up. So why try in the first place? To be a dick. To exert what little power she had to make a little girl more miserable than she already was.

And what gets me is that yep, it's totally the way humans, some of them at least, work.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 08:39   Link #1825
Sakuratsuki

If survival is a valid reason to be a dick to a bunch of kids (clones or not). Then you're far better off dead.
Old 2018-04-08, 09:40   Link #1826
mickbis

Everything about this episode is just perfect
atmosphere
feel
scenery
character past
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 09:44   Link #1827
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
Considering how quickly 02 recovered from having a hole punched through her hand,
why didn't her knee injury heal quickly too?
srry i missunderstood what you told, later night and few sleep, her healing power can work based on the level of the injurie, like big injuries healing fast and small ones heal normal if it work passive, or it can work "active" and only heal fast if she want.
Old 2018-04-08, 09:48   Link #1828
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's depressing how humans being dicks makes sense. I'm not even talking about the horrific torture sessions/experiments. It's possible survival demands it, though at this point I doubt it. I'm talking about the time that woman tried to steal 02's picture book. It clearly wasn't that important since as soon as 02 made it a bit difficult, she gave up. So why try in the first place? To be a dick. To exert what little power she had to make a little girl more miserable than she already was.

And what gets me is that yep, it's totally the way humans, some of them at least, work.
May be it is because they live for so long without the need for offspring that they lose empathy toward children and see them as tool .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 09:59   Link #1829
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
May be it is because they live for so long without the need for offspring that they lose empathy toward children and see them as tool .
well not everyone since the first person which was in care of 002 showed some empathy and that was the reason they take her away from 002, also we have the old woman which was nice to the hot headed brat, i think is more like the old japanese (and general world) problem of hive mind" and have everyone doing only what they are ordererd the "homogeous problem", you end having peoples acting almost like ants or bees where you only live to do your job for the society without any self personality.

the only thing this episode surprised me for sure was the doctor not being "good", he being your typical scientist which work only for his personnal goal, as you see how he asked to spare hiro and not change the kids "individuality, it was part of his plans from the beginner, he really wanted have some childrens having "unique personalities" and not being just ants without any question like the others, while he is not a good person he still have his own agenda.
Old 2018-04-08, 10:47   Link #1830
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
To be fair, Marvel's "healing factor" is wildly inconsistent. It's everything from slightly faster regen to damn near immortality. Whatever suits the story, basically.
Yep, both are inconsistent, which are still plot problems.
Old 2018-04-08, 11:15   Link #1831
Skaddix

Well sure but its not really the same since Marvel has a bunch of different writers on their stuff and editorial does very little oversight and editing especially since the 2000s started.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 12:11   Link #1832
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Well sure but its not really the same since Marvel has a bunch of different writers on their stuff and editorial does very little oversight and editing especially since the 2000s started.
Let's not kid ourselves. Even Marvel (comic) has problems in its writing, especially recently. It seems their current comics now only received backlash upon backlash from both loyal fans and retailers alike.

Let's hope Franxx doesn't make screw ups near the level of Marvel Comics.
Old 2018-04-08, 12:21   Link #1833
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Let's not kid ourselves. Even Marvel (comic) has problems in its writing, especially recently. It seems their current comics now only received backlash upon backlash from both loyal fans and retailers alike.
the currently backslash they are getting so far for what i see is because of "SJW", the fans are tired of series about "see they favorite characters being replaced by womans, by others races and colors and the focus of the series is about "how awesome OP a black person or a woman can be and things like that, turning heroes in villians like captain america in the secret empire, too much big mega series(taking too much comics to end) and also due to fox vs marvel issue which terminated series like fantastic four, that is why marvel is desperated bringing back characters like hulk, iron-man and the "real wolverine" not the woman or geriatric one, they are getting the "backslash" for trying to be "too much sjw" friendly and find out which this "dont sell books", while can be a sucess at the cinema/movie" it don't work on books and they "target" minority don't buy comics as they original fans/nerds" which are anger all over that crap.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2018-04-08 at 12:57.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 12:25   Link #1834
Skaddix

Not a surprise comic sales are low and falling...Disney doesn't especially care about comics for anything but keeping IPs locked in. But comics have the worst cost to content ratio and everyone with a good idea goes on down to Image to be the next Walking Dead and Kirkman. So there is a lot of a problems and not all related to SJWs.
Old 2018-04-08, 12:56   Link #1835
Blueknight78

Quote:
Not a surprise comic sales are low and falling...Disney doesn't especially care about comics for anything but keeping IPs locked in. But comics have the worst cost to content ratio and everyone with a good idea goes on down to Image to be the next Walking Dead and Kirkman. So there is a lot of a problems and not all related to SJWs.
yeah marvel problem is more like bad PR, having peoples doing bad decisions behind the scenes than actually "bad writing", they decided to do too many risk moves and it backfired them.

But really the big issue which i keep hearing from retailers is without any doubts the SJW that is why many of tha books are going to be canceled by marvel this year, they are in general really doing poor in the stores.

Another problem for low sales which also is affecting specially anime and manga market and also a little novel market is the "internet", nowdays less and less peoples are interested to "read a real book and prefer to read it "online" and things like that internet is damaging a lot the "offline" entertaiment world"

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2018-04-08 at 13:06.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 13:09   Link #1836
KPSJ

And like I have been saying for weeks unless the 2nd half of franxx's is virgin souls bad nothing is going to takes its place as anime of the season and potentially anime of the year and episode 13 was the best yet... and we have 10 more episodes of plot... going to buy the soundtrack and complete box set in the future
KPSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 13:47   Link #1837
Skaddix

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPSJ View Post
And like I have been saying for weeks unless the 2nd half of franxx's is virgin souls bad nothing is going to takes its place as anime of the season and potentially anime of the year and episode 13 was the best yet... and we have 10 more episodes of plot... going to buy the soundtrack and complete box set in the future
I don't think it could be Virgin Souls Bad ever...Virgin Souls is bad because it ruins all the characters from S1 in one way or another to prop up a Bad Romance.

But yeah "Illegal Downloads" do plenty of damage to Comics.
Old 2018-04-08, 14:41   Link #1838
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
But yeah "Illegal Downloads" do plenty of damage to Comics.
I think that so far the irony has been lost in this thread. Unless I have gone senile, we are talking about an anime that people outside japan have watched on a stream. No one has bought the discs releases to watch Darling in the FranXX, those are months into the future.

But people are saying downloads are hurting the comic books industry? WTF!? The industry is at least one full decade late to the party, we have quite comprehensive streaming services for anime (and movies and tv series) but there is no equivalent for comics and that is because the CEOs of said industries have no foresight.

Before someone says "but video is different, people would NEVER pay for digital printed material", we have already an example in rpg game books sold thru drivethrurpg or opengamingstore.

Marvel/DC need to start releasing their comics digitally (maybe upload them for free for a week and ask for a paid subscription if you want to access a library of past issues) and start to make animated versions of their hit series/stories (not watered down versions they usually create for TV) like manga publishers do. Also, release into graphic novel format those comics that they know are popular (because they can check how many people have read them).

-----------------------------------

Back on topic, I do not see Hiro going against the adults just yet, we do not know how this world works and they will no doubt be killed asap if they openly rebel without a real plan.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 15:00   Link #1839
EroKing

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-23 at 07:16.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 15:02   Link #1840
RDNexus

Well, that sure was quick...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote