AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2009-07-31, 11:13   Link #1681
orangejuicetang

I think it's the first theory for a few reasons. When Wendy met Gerald, he was a. good, b. a kid, c. calling himself Gerald, and d. carrying a staff on his back similar to the ones that Mistgun now uses. Therefore, I think that they did split, and the Gerald that Wendy met went on to become Mistgun.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 18:45   Link #1682
Kylaran
A Priori Impossibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
I think it's the first theory for a few reasons. When Wendy met Gerald, he was a. good, b. a kid, c. calling himself Gerald, and d. carrying a staff on his back similar to the ones that Mistgun now uses. Therefore, I think that they did split, and the Gerald that Wendy met went on to become Mistgun.
This is quite possible. I like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
...I think I just figured out why we hate Gerard: not only does he mess with Erza's mind/emotions, but he's also a major threat to all you ErzaxNatsu shippers
It's not that Gerard is a threat to my favorite ship. It's just that the ship is already there (in my mind :P) and Gerard has no place in it in the first place. Therefore, he's nothing dangerous; he's just that little bug I can flick out of my little shipping fantasies.

On another note, the newest chapter is interesting. I suspect that Erza is going to side with Gerard's amnesia and attempt to help him out. When Natsu finally arrives at the scene, he'll see Gerard next to Erza and rage. The result will be the conflicting emotions between the two Fairy Tail members, thus resulting in an epic battle that will tear the very space-time continuum into pieces (not literally). Obviously, one of them will be possesed by Nirvana.

Will Lucy have a part in this future?!?! *insert dramatic suspense music*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Well, if Natsu could be with ANY girl, it would be Lucy...after all she's the one who looks up to him the most, so she got the most chances of making a move
Right, back to the plot, amnesia is such a common excuse, but works pretty well in this situation, it's Gerard's ticket of immunity to Nirvana. Wonder if we'll get to see Erza+Gerard VS Midnight...wonder if they got any chances of winning too
Erza isn't the main heroine? I could've sworn Lucy is just an extra... Joking! I get the feeling she'll be an important character in the future, but I'm not particularly sure what's her position at the moment.

P.S. In the minds of a shipper, even a rock is capable of being shipped.
Kylaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 22:08   Link #1683
chibi_nekoi
~kitty~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylaran View Post

P.S. In the minds of a shipper, even a rock is capable of being shipped.
True enough I just love this phrase of yours XD
When I started this series, NatsuxLucy was my first shipped pairing. However later, I atually like LucyxGray more (sorry Jubia or whatever your name is ). It's just that I can't get over HaruxElie. You know, Natsu and Lucy look just like their split image
Well, love isn't the main theme of this manga though (nakama is). So I don't really look forward for something in particulary
Old 2009-08-01, 02:42   Link #1684
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Is anyone else thinking that the person Wendy met wasent Gerad, but Mistgun? also isint anyone else thinking that Gerad so called "memory loss" is just a play too trick Erza.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 04:05   Link #1685
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Naw, poor guy seemed frustrated...but the Mistgun part is possible.
Quote:
I get the feeling she'll be an important character in the future, but I'm not particularly sure what's her position at the moment.
Something's going on with her mother, and she'll probably have a nice spirit realm side-story once she gets all the keys and become the sole stellar mage in the world...
As far as shipping goes, I think Erza will end up with Mistgun, because she's more like family to Natsu, while Lucy's relatively new, so she can be in the guild but still hook up with him at the faaaaar end of the manga. Odds are high that Natsu doesn't get any girls though, he has a guild to fight for, so the "fight for ellie!" isn't a playable card in this manga.

P.S: the final fight in RAVE was freakin awesome, it felt like I was playing FF but rave-style.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 04:43   Link #1686
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Is anyone else thinking that the person Wendy met wasent Gerad, but Mistgun? also isint anyone else thinking that Gerad so called "memory loss" is just a play too trick Erza.
I was actually telling one of my friends exactly that the other day. I find it extremely doubtful that the one Wendy met was Gèrard. Judging by how old he looked in the flashback, at the time Gèrard was either still enslaved or had just recently escaped with everyone. That means he was already taken over by that evil spirit (can't remember the name now). I can't believe Gèrard was that nice to her if he had already escaped.

That takes me to my next point. I dobt Gèrard is even a bad guy. He had only been evil at the time because of the evil spirit, but Gèrard himself is inherently a good person. Now that he isn't possessed, I am actually looking forward to seeing him become one of Fairy Tail's strongest allies.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 10:25   Link #1687
Lostdreams

any1 else supporting ErzaxMistgun?
Lostdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 10:57   Link #1688
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
any1 else supporting ErzaxMistgun?
They hardly ever spoke to each other. The only thing Erza knows about him is he has Gèrard's face and is unimaginably powerful. Other than that, I can't stand how people are just pairing them up just because Mist Gun has someone else's face. I'd rather promote Gèrard X Erza
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 11:25   Link #1689
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Unless Mistgun shares a deeper connection with Gerard than we already know...but since that kinda talk is like the Obito=Danzou stuff, I'll just stop there
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 21:17   Link #1690
Slayerx

Hey, picked this bit of info on another forum...
Not sure if it was mentioned here
and i can't confirm the source
Quote:
Primary Japanese voice cast confirmed!

Natsu: Tetsuya Kakihara
Lucy: Aya Hirano
Happy: Rie Kugimiya (heh)
Gray: Yuuichi Nakamura
Erza: Sayaka Ohara

So Simon's VA is Natsu, Haruhi Suzumiya's VA is Lucy, Alphonse's VA is Happy, and Alto Saotome's VA (Macross Frontier) is Gray. Heh, nice. Sayaka Ohara's no slouch either--Hermione in Romeo X Juliet, Layla in Kaleido Star, Milly in Code Geass.
Old 2009-08-01, 22:17   Link #1691
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

PLEASE tell me Erza's va is good; someone console my fear ;_;
Old 2009-08-01, 23:03   Link #1692
chibi_nekoi
~kitty~

IMO she's pretty good. She did the voice of XXX Holic's Yuuko and currently Umineko no Naku Koro ni's Beatrice. Her voice is pretty deep and gives you a mature feeling
Rie Kugimiya as Happy ? That's quite unexpected
Aya Hirano as Lucy : I'm totally satisfied
Old 2009-08-01, 23:18   Link #1693
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I have no complaints with those voice actors/actresses, a pretty good line up. I'm actually quite excited now.
Old 2009-08-02, 00:29   Link #1694
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
...I think I just figured out why we hate Gerard: not only does he mess with Erza's mind/emotions, but he's also a major threat to all you ErzaxNatsu shippers
That and the fact that someone who was evil and killed lots of people suddenly turns a good guy and starts helping the main characters and everyone welcomes him like nothing happened(maybe 1 or 2 complaints) and that's it, I honestly don't want that to happen to Gerrard, I mean he can redeem himself but he can't stay alive :/ We got Mitsgun for Erza anyway
Old 2009-08-02, 00:35   Link #1695
Kylaran
A Priori Impossibility

Omg... Erza's going to share the same voice as Holic's Yuuko, Aria's Alicia, and Sekirei's Miya. I love all those characters. Oh, and of course, Milly Ashford from Geass.

I can die in peace.
Kylaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 02:01   Link #1696
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Hey, picked this bit of info on another forum...
Not sure if it was mentioned here
and i can't confirm the source

Quote:
Primary Japanese voice cast confirmed!

Natsu: Tetsuya Kakihara
Lucy: Aya Hirano
Happy: Rie Kugimiya (heh)
Gray: Yuuichi Nakamura
Erza: Sayaka Ohara

So Simon's VA is Natsu, Haruhi Suzumiya's VA is Lucy, Alphonse's VA is Happy, and Alto Saotome's VA (Macross Frontier) is Gray. Heh, nice. Sayaka Ohara's no slouch either--Hermione in Romeo X Juliet, Layla in Kaleido Star, Milly in Code Geass.
confirmed in Animenewsnetwork

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 02:18   Link #1697
chibi_nekoi
~kitty~

So it's confirmed. The anime of Fairy Tail sure has awesome voice cast. Now it gets me all excited. I can't wait to see how it's gonna be done.
It starts in october, right ? 2 months waiting -_-
Old 2009-08-02, 03:42   Link #1698
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I think it's in september, not sure....I took a look at this picture and there are alot of interesting anime...

http://i29.tinypic.com/k0kdc2.jpg
Old 2009-08-02, 07:13   Link #1699
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylaran View Post
Omg... Erza's going to share the same voice as Holic's Yuuko, Aria's Alicia, and Sekirei's Miya. I love all those characters. Oh, and of course, Milly Ashford from Geass.

I can die in peace.
omg, YATTA!

Hawt Erza voice ftw~~

I now have motivation to start my Erza fanart rampage! bwahahahahaahaa!!!

Last edited by cloak_and_dagger; 2009-08-02 at 07:23.
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 07:36   Link #1700
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
It's sounding like Natsu might just get to be GAR; after all, he's being voiced by the guy who is most associated with GAR these days (well, other than the one guy from Sengoku Basara, but that's a different story)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen