AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima (third season) - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 10 23.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 13.95%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 11.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 23.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 16.28%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 4.65%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 4.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.33%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-12, 00:02   Link #21
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

All hail Siesta!
Old 2008-08-12, 01:30   Link #22
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

This episode wasn't even funny...
But Siesta saved it from total boredom.
Old 2008-08-12, 03:44   Link #23
salv87
Can't think of a title^_^

About hanging Siesta.. It seems that Saitos and Louises personalities have been rubbing off to everybody who they come in contact with.. Even when Saito wasn't a noble, everybody (except Louise with her pride) uncontiosly treated him almost as an equal.. everybody became accustomed to it.. so maybe that's how you can explain the issue with Siesta not being hanged, fried with magic or smth else that is dangerous to your health. Furthermore, none of the nobles remebered what happened exactly, and Tiffa, Saito wouldn't tell anybody.. so actually there's nothing to hang for.. ^_^
Old 2008-08-12, 04:57   Link #24
Silaqui

Send a message via ICQ to Silaqui
That was a boring episode. The only good part was, when Saito read "I'm gonna kill you." from Louise's lips.
Old 2008-08-12, 07:20   Link #25
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silaqui View Post
That was a boring episode. The only good part was, when Saito read "I'm gonna kill you." from Louise's lips.
Yeah that was pretty damn funny, mainly because of Louise's facial expression at the time.
Old 2008-08-12, 08:06   Link #26
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by salv87 View Post
About hanging Siesta.. It seems that Saitos and Louises personalities have been rubbing off to everybody who they come in contact with.. Even when Saito wasn't a noble, everybody (except Louise with her pride) uncontiosly treated him almost as an equal.. everybody became accustomed to it.. so maybe that's how you can explain the issue with Siesta not being hanged, fried with magic or smth else that is dangerous to your health. Furthermore, none of the nobles remebered what happened exactly, and Tiffa, Saito wouldn't tell anybody.. so actually there's nothing to hang for.. ^_^
While true, the illegal thing (and thing to hang for) was known, the love potion and using it was whats considered illegal but i wouldn't want any harm to come to Siesta she's one of my favourite characters
Old 2008-08-12, 11:24   Link #27
Fo0oFi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar View Post
Hrm, I disagree.

She was simply trying to win his heart.
and she was doing that by showing of her skin ? and by using a love potion ?!
wow what a great way to win someone's heart
Old 2008-08-12, 11:38   Link #28
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fo0oFi View Post
She saw how well it worked on Louise.
Old 2008-08-12, 15:11   Link #29
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fo0oFi View Post
I dont see whats wrong with that. They are already great friends, who have know each other over a year, and get along well. Somebody has to make a move.... What do you see as wrong with her actions??

Sure its a bit exaggerated. Hadaka-apron is really a manga/anime only phenomenon and obvious fanservice. Real girls flirt in slighlty less aggresive ways (but no less serious)

And I see nothing wrong with the love potion: its really only a risk to herself. Being a female commoner in their society, if he doesnt like her after the effect wears off then she has no recourse. In any dispute, he's automatically right and she's automatically wrong. And he can fire her, or worse without any repercussions to himself. She really is totally at his mercy, and only wants a moment of his affection. (thinking it will help her to win him over) He, being an unmarried noble, wont lose any status at all by sleeping with any number of commoner maids. The risk is all hers really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
If I'm reading this right, I think the only one who would have the right to punish Siesta in such a manner is Saito, since he is Siesta's lord.
You are correct: she no longer belongs to the school. Saito owns her, almost like an object. Her salary comes from his stipend, and no longer the school's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gugumomu View Post
same here. gave it a 7/10 because of Siesta (i really liked how she was portrayed this episode, rather timid, wanting more, but troubled about what she was about to do) and for the funny moments.
but the feeling of a medieval aristocratic society gouverned by a nobility that can use magic that Halkeginia suposedly is, is completly gone. Siesta embarress 3 nobles (one of them Beatrice) by using a forbidden potion, and walkes away with just an verbal avertisment? in a real world situation she would have been hanged.
Well, fwiw, the manga makes a much bigger deal of it. There are more scenes in which the common folk are angry with saito about his accepting a noble title, and owning a commoner. He manages to partially win them over, but they certainly dont trust him as much any more, since they see him as a sell-out.

About the love potion incident: I think the victims of the potion are very interested in pretending it never happened.

And Siesta agonizes over her commoner status constantly. She really seems to think that the reason Saito doesnt make a move on her is because she is a commoner. (The real reason is that he loves ruizu)
Old 2008-08-12, 17:01   Link #30
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

I just finish watching this episode and it wasn't all that funny

I did like the naked apron, I've haven't seen that in a while
and I wanted to see another love potion gag since S1.
But Tiffa's spell was anti-climactic and it sucks that they don't remember what they did.
But in the end it looked like the plot is starting to thicken alittle.
Old 2008-08-12, 18:14   Link #31
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I think anyone who relies on love potion are pathetic because even if you win a girl or a guy - that person won't ever really be the one you fell in love with to begin with. It will never be truly sincere... You are just creating a fake relationship this way.
Old 2008-08-12, 18:26   Link #32
salv87

well YOU might have truly fallen in love with that person.. but maybe HE won't..
on the other hand even in real life not all relationships are loved-based.. at least not forever..
there are also times when people either get accustomed to it and just acknowledge it.. or they can even start gradually liking the other person more..
I have friend whose relationship started from bed (in our world alcohol is sometimes used instead of love potions for this ) but they are quite fond of how they are now..
I understand that it's not always like that.. or good, I also think that love potions or smth like that won't give true happiness for long.. but on the other hand I can understand pretty well where that was coming from..
Old 2008-08-12, 18:33   Link #33
Darknemo2000

But the point of relationship is having two people into that, with something as love potion thee isn't really a second person. It is just a one way relationship... I always like person not from his/her looks but also from the character and personality love potion basically takes that away... Thus there is no real relationship juts a fake... Well if you only care about looks then I guess love potion is perfect...

And love potion would not help to see a relationship from other perspective as first of all you won't be the self that acts even if you do remember, it will be just someone forcing onto you. There might be a slight possibility that one after all would open up for relationship and fall in love but then there is the same slight possibility when you tie another person and keep on raping hoping that that person would eventually like it and would start doing it willingly with you...
Old 2008-08-12, 18:47   Link #34
salv87

Well it's not like Siesta wants saito for his looks, she wants him for who he is..
and she belives that some "quality time together" could help her achieve that..
And that love potion was somthing like a shortcut, since she didn't have much time.. further more, that love potion only worked for an hour..so it's not like shw was gonna make Saito her love slave..
Although if something would have happened.. I doubt Saito could look Loise in the eyes after that.. so the only thing remaining would be to go to Siesta I guess.. or break all bonds with her..
Old 2008-08-12, 22:26   Link #35
Darknemo2000

How would you know? If it was with something like that I would hate the person who did that to me and there is no way in hell I would have gone to that person... How can you tell if Saito is not similar? After all, he refused to use Louise while she was under the potion effect and felt it would not be something he wants...

you know if it is Siesta's way pf thinking then it is rather similar the the one of medieval times.. Like a guy was loving a girl but she clearly refused to go with him so he just raped her got her pregnant and then she could nowhere else to go... I can't say I like such way of thinking...
Old 2008-08-13, 00:10   Link #36
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

I thought this episode was, good but I liked the Siesta x Louise + Love Potion skit from the drama CD better
Old 2008-08-13, 04:37   Link #37
salv87

Nemo, I don't know for sure, but neither do you, right? It's just our way of thinking over things..
I'm not saying that I like the ways Siesta does things, actually I don't like her much since the S2 in the anime when she became too bold for my liking..
I'm just implying that I understand why she does them..
well some thoughts that move siesta:
"Saito doesn't dislike, and actually likes her a bit" (Atleast in S1 of the animeheliked her for her character and not for herboobs)
"Even though Siesta is so kind and Louise so cruel to Saito, Saito still likes Louise, that means she occasionally does smth that Saito likes, that's why he turns back to her.."
"maybe if I had some time I would make him realize that I truly care fo him and can take care of him a lot beter that Louise" (Since time is so short she thought of quickening the caring process..)

Well that's what arise in my head when I see her act..
Not like I approve it..
Old 2008-08-15, 13:31   Link #38
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

This episode was rather cute on how Louise is. What's new is that she is extremely possessive; only giving Saito to Siesta for "one hour.." XDD and learn the hardship of being a master. (Yet she can't even stand 10 minutes without him)
Old 2008-08-16, 09:51   Link #39
Franckisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM View Post
But Tiffa's spell was anti-climactic and it sucks that they don't remember what they did.
But in the end it looked like the plot is starting to thicken alittle.

Like the 2 only thing actually "good" in this episode.
25 min just to see a spell (only spell?) from Tifa, and a Sheffield/Tabitha... for 2 min.

If we look episode 5, all that we can conclude is that, in 2 episodes, we only have 4 minutes of "main plot", all the rest is "bust-revolution-yuri or whatever".

It's TOO much fan-service.
Old 2008-08-19, 23:17   Link #40
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Actually Siesta is the personal maid of Chevalier Saito... like belongs to him.
Closed Thread