AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-10-12, 21:56   Link #481
Mitcher
Ultimate Ojou

I couldn't take episode two seriously. Not after the scene with Zola and Hilda.

Things happened a bit quickly, but it wasn't that bad. Coco's death may somehow give Ange a character development (or so I hope), so I'm good with this.

As for the characters, thus far, only Selia is my favorite. I like Jill and Hilda though.

The series is entertaining in its own way, so I'll keep watching.
Mitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 22:01   Link #482
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
Since your a LL guy, I'll put it in these terms.

Salia is the serious "Umi-type". She's very by the book and looks reserved, but fair. She needs to let her hair down more especially Hilda.

But the real reason why I'm asking if it's Studio 8 is because Hilda looks like Maki and Nico's love child who somehow got abandoned or something tragic happen.

I refuse to say anymore. Just the thought of it.

Anyways, just look at her shiny ass "Garnier" Rose colored hair and the purple eyes along with the snarky way she acts. It's like what would happen if Nico inherited Maki's body and was super smug about it.

You can tell the animators and possibly the director has their personal favorite.

Base off of design, Hilda stands out way more than Ange who's supposed to be the MC and resident princess, but you could've fooled me.

Jill is sexy as hell. That is all.
lol, yeah, a friend of mine, when I showed him an image of Hilda, also commented that Hilda looked like she could be an idol. And definitely agree that Hilda and Salia should let their hair down more often.

Definitely need more Jill too.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 23:30   Link #483
MasterVampire

Why the norma supposed to fight those dragon things?

And If I were a norma I'd take that flying ship pod thing and use it to attack the city out of spite!
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 23:55   Link #484
vic-vic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post

And If I were a norma I'd take that flying ship pod thing and use it to attack the city out of spite!
Well, the mana-users have the conventional weaponry too, so I think any Para-Mail that try to enter the nation's space without permission will just get shot down by a missiles.
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 00:33   Link #485
ImperialKnight

Quote:
Why when you have "dogs" that have no place in your society except to send them off to die? That's pretty much the mentality there. Rather than axing them off they just send them to fight off Dragons and henceforth nobody at home would miss them.

The real question is what are those dragons about. I have a feeling those dragons are connected to the reason why it's a mana filled world.

Quote:
That's a good question but I'm guessing that if they could produce high tech mechs for Normas to use surely the capital has their own capable fighters that are more or less just as powerful.

In terms of numbers mana users outnumber Norma.
ImperialKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 00:38   Link #486
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

The Death Flag was too damn obvious.

Being Ange is suffering. Jill sees something in her and it looks like we'll see the start of it next week. I say Zola bites it around episode 5.
Old 2014-10-13, 00:42   Link #487
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
This Unit to which Ange now belongs is really reminding me of the Jannisaries (slave soldiers) who served to Ottoman Turks. Maybe with a little bit of Foreign Legion thrown in: "You are a Legionaire in order to die, and the Legion will send you where you can die." That came to mind from the comment the girl made when they closed the simulator hatch.

I have little sympathy for Ange at the moment, but I think its a good depiction of a noble thrown out of her high status and into the far side of the social spectrum. Talk about going from a Brahman to an Untouchable! Its also a good example of what happens when you have a military unit which lacks discipline, order and proper leadership.

What I am hoping is to see this show depict the growth of Ange mentally, emotionally and morally, and to see if she can take this Unit and change it into a proper military force, not the gang it currently is. If they can do that, and do it well, then I think this will become a very good anime. The potential is there. Of course, many anime have potential which they never realize, so I'll have to wait and see.
She was still selfish and undisciplined in that ep 1 scene, though...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 01:10   Link #488
SQA

I think someone in the writing staff is a fan of Bruno Mattei. That would explain what's going on a lot more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruno_Mattei
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 01:19   Link #489
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
I think someone in the writing staff is a fan of Bruno Mattei. That would explain what's going on a lot more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruno_Mattei
Jill-sama is gonna make Ange into a BAMF.
Old 2014-10-13, 01:22   Link #490
Esclair

Quote:
They need the Norma's ability to cancel mana to bypass the Dragon's defenses.

Anyways, has anyone watched the Spartacus TV series? Episode 2 is almost a play by play of the Spartacus show if it were gender bent. So it they're going to follow through, then Ange will sink even lower before she finally develops.

This could have been a great show if Sunrise created it to be more like Psycho-Pass instead of a more extreme version VVV.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 01:31   Link #491
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
If those Normas can cancel out Mana, then they should use that to usurped the Misurugi Empire and its Mana-centric inhabitants!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 01:38   Link #492
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
If those Normas can cancel out Mana, then they should use that to usurped the Misurugi Empire and its Mana-centric inhabitants!
I was thinking something along those lines myself. Like if they can cancel out Mana and have access to those mechs then why not just start a revolution?
Old 2014-10-13, 01:40   Link #493
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Because they're brainwashed from infancy not to?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 01:41   Link #494
Esclair

There's probably kill switches in those airbikes. Also, they seem extremely fragile, so even if they can cancel out mana they can't cancel out physical projectiles which means they'd still get killed by traditional anti-air defenses.
Old 2014-10-13, 01:45   Link #495
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Because they're brainwashed from infancy not to?
I was thinking more the empire had a way to take the mechs out of the equation if any of them ever stepped out of line.

By the time I posted my reply Esclair beat me to it.
Old 2014-10-13, 01:56   Link #496
Wandering Soul

There don't even seem to be that many Norma to begin with so they are vastly outnumbered and with the Dragons killing them their numbers certainly are not growing at a large rate.
Old 2014-10-13, 01:58   Link #497
Esclair

Well, going back to my Spartacus comparison. You can see in this episode the Norma children are brought up from birth and educated in a certain fashion. Coco asks Ange for information on the outside world is is surprised to learn that the magic nation she's hearing about is true. They probably don't know how to live in the outside world even if they were free. Plus, it seems like there is a hierarchy that they can eventually climb, which is an incredible incentive to work for the system rather than try to rebel.

In Spartacus, slavery is considered normal in the Roman empire. Even the slaves believe they deserve their own treatment, as many of them are slaves from birth. Some characters purposely let themselves become slaves and become a gladiator in order to pay off debts they otherwise couldn't. In fact, the gladiators believe that an honorable death in the arena elevates them to a position far above common slaves. They are completely loyal to their master not just because of money, but because of the glory they can achieve by becoming a legend. Spartacus, on the other hand, is an 'outsider'. He was a free man that was torn from his home from outside the Roman Empire and forced into slavery. Unlike the other slaves who basically have accepted their fates as slaves forever, he still fights to eventually gain his freedom. The other gladiators look down upon him for they think that a slave looking to free himself is not worthy of becoming a true gladiator.

There could be something similar going on with the top level pilots too. They might have a certain amount of pride in their ability and their role as defenders of a civilization. They've accepted their status as Norma and decided to become the best that they can be given their situation.
Old 2014-10-13, 04:36   Link #498
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
Well, going back to my Spartacus comparison. You can see in this episode the Norma children are brought up from birth and educated in a certain fashion. Coco asks Ange for information on the outside world is is surprised to learn that the magic nation she's hearing about is true. They probably don't know how to live in the outside world even if they were free. Plus, it seems like there is a hierarchy that they can eventually climb, which is an incredible incentive to work for the system rather than try to rebel.

In Spartacus, slavery is considered normal in the Roman empire. Even the slaves believe they deserve their own treatment, as many of them are slaves from birth. Some characters purposely let themselves become slaves and become a gladiator in order to pay off debts they otherwise couldn't. In fact, the gladiators believe that an honorable death in the arena elevates them to a position far above common slaves. They are completely loyal to their master not just because of money, but because of the glory they can achieve by becoming a legend. Spartacus, on the other hand, is an 'outsider'. He was a free man that was torn from his home from outside the Roman Empire and forced into slavery. Unlike the other slaves who basically have accepted their fates as slaves forever, he still fights to eventually gain his freedom. The other gladiators look down upon him for they think that a slave looking to free himself is not worthy of becoming a true gladiator.

There could be something similar going on with the top level pilots too. They might have a certain amount of pride in their ability and their role as defenders of a civilization. They've accepted their status as Norma and decided to become the best that they can be given their situation.
It should probably be pointed out that the interpretation of slavery (and multiple slavery systems in different parts of the world) you're talking about is actually a recent invention of the thought of the way the systems used to work. It really serves more of a purpose to modern academics and political theorists than it does to the historical reality of slavery.

It does, however, produce better story narratives than the reality: most slaves kept their heads down because they didn't want to lose them. Much like lots of reality, it doesn't make for good narrative fiction.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 06:26   Link #499
MgMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
What I am hoping is to see this show depict the growth of Ange mentally, emotionally and morally.
That's what I'm hoping for as well and find to be the main attraction of this anime,which I otherwise find rather average. A main character like Ange feel's somewhat refreshing.
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 09:13   Link #500
Dahak86
Classics never age

NSFW
Someone just had to do it
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Tags
fanservice, mecha, ps vita, romance