AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-07-05, 04:55   Link #281
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
And so what? Can't one character stay away from the spotlight, it has to be taken as dead from that point onwards?
Well, some of us started reading this because it looked like both characters were gonna get the same attention somewhat. Clearly that wasn't the case though.

Quote:
Well, I don't care about that.
Good for you.
Old 2017-07-05, 08:28   Link #282
konart

Quote:
Well, some of us started reading this because it looked like both characters were gonna get the same attention somewhat
Oh, so that's your problem. Okay, I get it now.
Old 2017-07-05, 08:33   Link #283
xrick

More times than not, a story's title doesn't entitle the whole of said story, it's mostly a means to get people into it.
Old 2017-07-05, 08:43   Link #284
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Still, though, it could be taken to mean the two of them will be about equal at the end. I think they both have to get a lot stronger than they are now, both in their own way, so that when they get together again and fight Yuuto, they'll be that much stronger and so will their Resonance - which is the main point here.

And I really don't think Benio has to become an antagonist. That's not what the whole Yin-Yang thing means. It just means they have opposing ways of gaining and using their powers. For those who've read History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, think of Miu and Kenichi. Miu had a destructive ki and she got stronger in an opposite way to Kenichi whose ki was calmer. Miu was stronger than Kenichi at the beginning, though, and at the end Kenichi is stronger (he wanted to be able to protect her because he loved her and he thought it wasn't right for her to have to fight), and they hook up at the end. They get married. Benio and Rokuro are kind of like that, except they have to be equal by the end and Rokuro is currently ahead in terms of raw power.

To me, too, it doesn't matter how much either of them of is focused on or that one is focused on more than the other. It's where they stand by the end or close to end that really matters. Aside from that, I really don't want to argue with anyone.

[My Signature size should be completely fine; I even checked it. So what's the problem?]
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-13, 16:08   Link #285
Kazu-kun

The Benio special chapter is out (raw). I thought it was gonna be a one-shot, but it looks like it's gonna continue. Don't get your hopes up too much though. This is being published in a seasonal magazine that gets published only 4 times a year. Next chapter would be out around October 15.
Old 2017-07-17, 06:35   Link #286
bastek66

I thought it were pages from regular chapter. Fuck that means Benio is still out of the story. Why does Sukeno hate her so much?
Old 2017-07-17, 06:53   Link #287
DragonOsman
Dragon King

It doesn't have to be hate, though, does it? It's probably just because she's the main female lead. I don't mean to sound like a sexist or anything, but some Japanese authors are unfair to the main female lead.

[My Signature size should be completely fine; I even checked it. So what's the problem?]
Old 2017-07-17, 07:29   Link #288
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
I thought it were pages from regular chapter. Fuck that means Benio is still out of the story. Why does Sukeno hate her so much?
How does this translates into hate? She's not part of this arc, that's it. Not to mention we are just what, 11 chapters into it? Forget her until Rokuro has to fight something serious and needs his wife for the rescue.

For once I'm gratefull we can dive into this withoug switching back and forth every two chapters.

PS: "updated" style looked a bit strange on Rokuro, but suites Benio perfectly
Old 2017-07-17, 07:34   Link #289
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Are you guys talking about the new 4-koma manga?

Old 2017-07-17, 07:54   Link #290
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Are you guys talking about the new 4-koma manga?
No, new spinoff about Benio (takes place around the same time Rokuro arrives at the island) that was teased in chapter 45 (both chapters are not translated yet)
Old 2017-07-17, 09:27   Link #291
AP24

Just saw the Benio special chapter. Is it just me or the strongest Basara looks like a certain someone?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-17, 10:16   Link #292
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Where is it? I'm really curious now.

Old 2017-07-17, 10:33   Link #293
AP24

This is the strongest Basara, Chinu.

Like I said, she looks like that certain person.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-17, 10:34   Link #294
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I see. She looks like Abe no Seimei (if it's a "she").

But again, where is the chapter?

Old 2017-07-17, 10:51   Link #295
xrick

In the Benio side-story, if I got it right.
Old 2017-07-17, 11:58   Link #296
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
I see. She looks like Abe no Seimei (if it's a "she").

But again, where is the chapter?
If by where you mean a link - not happening as it is agains the rules (but check your PM )

Same goes for AP24. You better remove the pic (at least use spoiler tags, seriously).
Old 2017-07-17, 13:19   Link #297
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Got it. Thanks.

@xrick: I got that much figured out, but I was kind of confused because there's also a 4-koma spin-off manga of this series.

Old 2017-07-17, 13:23   Link #298
OmegaWeaponZ

Well, things are further pushing Benio and Rokuro to become foils of each other. I'm interested in how the Benio side story will turn out.
Old 2017-07-17, 13:58   Link #299
DragonOsman
Dragon King

What if the strongest Basara somehow became her Guardian? It even looks like Abe no Seimei, so it'd make for a good mirror situation with Rokuro's case, too. I just hope it doesn't make Benio evil, though, as that'd just suck. Even if her being evil only lasts for a short while or until she fights Rokuro.

Old 2017-07-17, 20:28   Link #300
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Forget her until Rokuro has to fight something serious and needs his wife for the rescue.
That's the problem. In the end she's just a wife, not a real main character. Other than her status as baby factory and the occasional resonance, she's pretty much irrelevant.

Tags
exorcist, harem, onmyoudo, shounen