AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-19, 22:41   Link #3981
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
??
Misha got sucked away half of her power by Aqua close to the end of battle when she is about to kill Accelerator. She was incompletely summoned and was not 100% to begin with.
Aqua interfering the fight kinda saved Accelerator's live, when the second Sweep is going to hit him head on.
But then, Misha only got serious when she begins to cast Sweep, and shows a completely different level of power compare to when she was fighting Carissa and Maiden of Versailles.
I wonder if we'll ever see Misha full power? From what I can tell Gabriel was defeated a bit prematurely. By the way how did the fight between Gabriel and the princesses go?

EDIT: 200 pages

Wow, 100 pages in just 5 months lol.
Old 2010-08-19, 23:06   Link #3982
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
I wonder if we'll ever see Misha full power? From what I can tell Gabriel was defeated a bit prematurely. By the way how did the fight between Gabriel and the princesses go?

EDIT: 200 pages

Wow, 100 pages in just 5 months lol.
And just wait for the second season.
Old 2010-08-20, 08:37   Link #3983
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
??
Misha got sucked away half of her power by Aqua close to the end of battle when she is about to kill Accelerator. She was incompletely summoned and was not 100% to begin with.
Aqua interfering the fight kinda saved Accelerator's live, when the second Sweep is going to hit him head on.
But then, Misha only got serious when she begins to cast Sweep, and shows a completely different level of power compare to when she was fighting Carissa and Maiden of Versailles.
....isn't this pretty much what Plant42 said? i don't understand if you're disagreeing with him or what... °___°

anyways, crazy theory, but if Fiamma needs IB to complete the holy right, wouldn't the contrary also hold true? Imagine if the holy right is needed to awaken/complete the IB, and all of this is part of Aleister's plan to awaken/complete the holy right...
Old 2010-08-20, 08:45   Link #3984
Not Random
看著看著你來來去去

But Aleister ordered for Touma to be retrieved. Unless he has ulterior motives and this is all a big part of his master plan.
Old 2010-08-20, 08:53   Link #3985
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
anyways, crazy theory, but if Fiamma needs IB to complete the holy right, wouldn't the contrary also hold true? Imagine if the holy right is needed to awaken/complete the IB, and all of this is part of Aleister's plan to awaken/complete the holy right...
I've initally thought of that as well, but that's only the case if both Imagine Breaker and the Holy Right were the same thing in the first place. But so far we know that Fiamma needed the knowlegde of Index to unlock more of his power, then he needed Misha to help set the Elements back in order to allow him to control them... But what does he need Imagine Breaker for?
Old 2010-08-20, 08:58   Link #3986
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

^ He needs it to erase the "Original Sin".
Old 2010-08-20, 09:01   Link #3987
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
^ He needs it to erase the "Original Sin".
I was under the impression that all members of God's Right Seat had already done that?
Old 2010-08-20, 09:10   Link #3988
Plant42

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
....isn't this pretty much what Plant42 said? i don't understand if you're disagreeing with him or what... °___°

May be about the 50% things. well I use 50% for an easy comparison since we only know that Misha didn't manifest in a full power state due to the corruption of elements.

As for the 50% that was truely mentioned is when Acqua sucks out half of Misha power but that's still not enough since Fiamma still stated that even with 50% of power left she's still can win.
But the big surprise comes after that. It's Touma who destroy some kind of device that support Misha existence.
It's surprise enough for making Fiamma swears ''That bastard'' two times.
Old 2010-08-20, 09:24   Link #3989
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I was under the impression that all members of God's Right Seat had already done that?
I think he wants to do it for all of humanity though.
Old 2010-08-20, 12:57   Link #3990
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
By the way how did the fight between Gabriel and the princesses go?
The angel's ice wings were threatening to slice both Curtana Second and Durandal to ribbons. It was impossible for the princesses to wound it and it effortlessly halted their blades. When it glared at Carissa, it detonated the power within both princesses blades sending them flying for a great distance. Before it fires on them, Maiden of Versailles flies away at supersonic speeds as Carissa dodges as well. Gabriel screws with the princesses magical senses as it's the messenger angel and can thus control supernatural senses, forcing them to rely on physical 5 senses alone. Extending more than 100 m long wings, Gabriel attacks at supersonic speeds. Countless flaming projectiles bombard the princesses like a gattling cannon.

- from pages 206 to 209

It's 2 am over here so I'll post the rest of the battle when I wake tomorrow.
Old 2010-08-20, 16:05   Link #3991
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
May be about the 50% things. well I use 50% for an easy comparison since we only know that Misha didn't manifest in a full power state due to the corruption of elements.

As for the 50% that was truely mentioned is when Acqua sucks out half of Misha power but that's still not enough since Fiamma still stated that even with 50% of power left she's still can win.
But the big surprise comes after that. It's Touma who destroy some kind of device that support Misha existence.
It's surprise enough for making Fiamma swears ''That bastard'' two times.
wait, so if i understood it correctly, Gabriel had only a fraction of his actual power because of the incomplete summoning/elements disorder, and it was still kicking everyone's ass. Then Acqua sucks out half of the power Gabriel had(meaning, half of a fraction of his full power) and it was still kicking everyone's ass until Touma destroyed the device that supported its existence?

ok, i take back what i said previously about its power being underwhelming...
Old 2010-08-20, 21:20   Link #3992
tsunade666

well it's an archangel and not your average angel. I wonder if we would be seeing other angels aside from archangel. Like seraphim or thrones.
Old 2010-08-20, 21:51   Link #3993
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
The angel's ice wings were threatening to slice both Curtana Second and Durandal to ribbons. It was impossible for the princesses to wound it and it effortlessly halted their blades. When it glared at Carissa, it detonated the power within both princesses blades sending them flying for a great distance. Before it fires on them, Maiden of Versailles flies away at supersonic speeds as Carissa dodges as well. Gabriel screws with the princesses magical senses as it's the messenger angel and can thus control supernatural senses, forcing them to rely on physical 5 senses alone. Extending more than 100 m long wings, Gabriel attacks at supersonic speeds. Countless flaming projectiles bombard the princesses like a gattling cannon.

- from pages 206 to 209

It's 2 am over here so I'll post the rest of the battle when I wake tomorrow.
Wow, that's amazing. Severely crippled and half summoned and it was still able to easily defeat some of the most powerful characters in the series single handedly. And to think Gabriel isn't even the strongest archangel, just imagine when we see Michaelangelo.

And so now Fiamma controls all of the elements, right? Which means he can perform all the manipulation of the elements that archangels can perform? If that's the case then that's way to broken lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
well it's an archangel and not your average angel. I wonder if we would be seeing other angels aside from archangel. Like seraphim or thrones.
That would be cool but I'm not sure if we'll ever see any average angels. I mean, what situation would allow for that?
Old 2010-08-20, 21:59   Link #3994
tsunade666

fianma is broken to begin with. Just imagine his broken then broken then another broken. He did manage to get his second power up.

If we can see average angel then that just mean we're seeing heaven's fall and not your angel fall. And seraphim's and thrones aren't average angels in hierarchy level.

We got to see angels every now and then. When would devils come into play.
Old 2010-08-20, 22:32   Link #3995
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
That would be cool but I'm not sure if we'll ever see any average angels. I mean, what situation would allow for that?
Easy, Aleister Crowley's Imaginary District Plan.

If he covers the world with AIM field and was able to block out all other forms of magic, I would imagine that the Angels would have to take direct measures.

To make things simple, I believe the term 'Archangel' in this context refers to a powerful above-average Angel rather than an actual position/rank/title. Those four major 'Archangels' should also be the four Seraphim surrounding God's throne.
Old 2010-08-20, 23:09   Link #3996
tsunade666

I wonder on how would Aleister benefit from this event. That guy doesn't do something that didn't benefit him yet. The only thing I can think of is further strengthening the AIM field on Russia and making his artificial angel had battle experience and also his number 1 esper learn angel words...... If touma is with this plan. What part would it be? stopping fianmma? or getting himself killed? or getting himself to awaken.

While Aiwass was just standing around making things more messy. Sure fun to watch how things would emerge.
Old 2010-08-20, 23:36   Link #3997
Phibrizzo
Honos628

mmm to correct something seraph are the 6 sphere of heaven if my memory serve me right, archangels is a title if I recall Michael is a malakite, they are other "species" but with special titles.

If 1 want a angel to fear it would be metatron.
Old 2010-08-21, 00:04   Link #3998
tsunade666

angel = no gets. I did learn something in high school being a catholic school and all but I forgot it all already.
Old 2010-08-21, 01:33   Link #3999
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Easy, Aleister Crowley's Imaginary District Plan.

If he covers the world with AIM field and was able to block out all other forms of magic, I would imagine that the Angels would have to take direct measures.

To make things simple, I believe the term 'Archangel' in this context refers to a powerful above-average Angel rather than an actual position/rank/title. Those four major 'Archangels' should also be the four Seraphim surrounding God's throne.
But has it ever been stated that angels even care if humans are able to use magic or not? Only way I can see them getting involved is if Aleister tries to become a new God in the Artificial Heaven and tries to bring down the current God from his plane. Which, now that I think about it, sounds very plausible and likely. Could we be heading towards an epic war between "Authentic" Heaven and "Artificial" Heaven in Index? That would be too much awesome... artificial angels vs. authentic angels in a battle that spans the entire Earth and possibly beyond?
Old 2010-08-21, 01:46   Link #4000
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
But has it ever been stated that angels even care if humans are able to use magic or not? Only way I can see them getting involved is if Aleister tries to become a new God in the Artificial Heaven and tries to bring down the current God from his plane. Which, now that I think about it, sounds very plausible and likely. Could we be heading towards an epic war between "Authentic" Heaven and "Artificial" Heaven in Index? That would be too much awesome... artificial angels vs. authentic angels in a battle that spans the entire Earth and possibly beyond?

They wouldn't care, but the way Aleister goes about doing it is like he's undermining Heaven's power, I would imagine the Angels would be big on the whole God's Authority thingy. Plus idol theory works both ways, if the Angels lose 'connection' to Earth, they might lose a portion of power and -perhaps- Territory.

EDIT:

Btw, I interpret 'all magic' as to affect the telesma that Angels' use as well.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2010-08-21 at 03:27.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen