AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-04-22, 08:23   Link #101
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nera Sleith View Post
Oh no. Riko haven't killed anyone at all. The "Butei Killer" is a misleading stigma branded by the government to Riko. Instead, what she's doing was more like a "Butei Kidnapper". She's recruiting members for EU just like how Jeanne kidnaps Shirayuki in volume 2. This isn't surprising since Riko is the most ambitious one and wanted to become stronger more than anyone else in EU, so she'll recruit any powerful people as much as possible.

Remember the line that Aria said in v3c2? If the government learned the involvement of someone in EU, they will be treated the same as dead. So in short, Riko had managed to recruit some people via "abduction", which in turn the government made it looked like the people she abducted dead because they involved themselves in EU (branding Riko as "Butei Killer"). This also kept the government's reputation because they didn't want the public to know of Buteis joining a criminal organization.

I also think that why the government made Kinji's brother as a scapegoat is because it is one way of countering the possibility of the traitor Butei going back to society. They kinda forced them into hiding since there will be no good life waiting for them if they go back and thus it kept the fact that they were still alive concealed.

Spoiler for v6-7:
Ah I see....never read vol 1. Only have 5-8 with me.

Government agents appear to be scary. Like I don't know how they would fare against E.U or something. We haven't really seen the military at work yet no? If Butei alone are that level already..

Also....Cao Cao uses a freaking Desert Eagle....gods that is like a hand rifle. Given how strong the main cast are, it's surprising no one else uses it.

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-04-22 at 08:44.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 08:33   Link #102
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
well its safe to assume that Kinji mans up in V3 and is no longer the wimp wussy that he was in v2 (god i am disappoint in him there too)... and Riko has been struck by the smooth criminal...

the near-death Hysteria mode is like Call of Duty's Last Stand perk, only in the Tohyama case, they can still move and its like they are shot with adrenaline for moments.

if there be a VN made... i'll expect the ff:

aria x kinji - kinji fully commits himself to become Aria's partner and BF

riko x kinji - her past comes back to haunt her and he becomes the new assistant and her BF

shirayuki x kinji - go back to hotogi, get married, come back to school to finish studies, return again to have kids

reki x kinji - uh.... he becomes her hubby (dunno anything moar than that)
Already happened......sort of www
Old 2011-04-22, 08:57   Link #103
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Already happened......sort of www
that happened in v6... if the speculated game digs moar about Reki (hell would the author agree on this?!), im sure that theres a long and obscured history about her... A LOT...

IMO, kinji's outfitting really is the spy class. the damn balisong just completed it. he looks better with an M1911 or FiveseveN tho... seriously... INB4 DESERT EAGLE

he should have used a 93R for full auto modification instead of the 92F. that way, it wont cost that much in modding in terms of cash, dontcha think? it alreay has burst setting as well as the standard semi shot, but you have to bear with its folded stock, tiny second grip, and the barrel sticking out of the gun.

tho there will come a time where everyday clothing turns bulletproof enough to stop a .357 dead in its path but at the cost of OMGWTFITSSOPAINFUL moment.
Old 2011-04-22, 09:04   Link #104
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
that happened in v6... if the speculated game digs moar about Reki (hell would the author agree on this?!), im sure that theres a long and obscured history about her... A LOT...

IMO, kinji's outfitting really is the spy class. the damn balisong just completed it. he looks better with an M1911 or FiveseveN tho... seriously... INB4 DESERT EAGLE

he should have used a 93R for full auto modification instead of the 92F. that way, it wont cost that much in modding in terms of cash, dontcha think? it alreay has burst setting as well as the standard semi shot, but you have to bear with its folded stock, tiny second grip, and the barrel sticking out of the gun.

tho there will come a time where everyday clothing turns bulletproof enough to stop a .357 dead in its path but at the cost of OMGWTFITSSOPAINFUL moment.
screw .357...their uniforms can stop assault rifle rounds....only dedicated anti-material rounds have pierced it so far... And I'm amazed that Kana still lives after being hit TWICE in the heart with that.

A NATO 5.56mm hitting your torso means around 40% of your insides on the ground behind you. An anti material round like .50BMG? Even if it were not explosive, well your heart would be blood mist after one hit let alone two....
Old 2011-04-22, 09:16   Link #105
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
screw .357...their uniforms can stop assault rifle rounds....only dedicated anti-material rounds have pierced it so far... And I'm amazed that Kana still lives after being hit TWICE in the heart with that.

A NATO 5.56mm hitting your torso means around 40% of your insides on the ground behind you. An anti material round like .50BMG? Even if it were not explosive, well your heart would be blood mist after one hit let alone two....
well 5.56 works well against unarmored people. its that or the high performance 7.62x51 NATO. we can also put down on the table the 7.62x39.

I wonder why Reki wont use a bolt action rifle that carries a bigga round... an AWP with its .338 Lapua Magnum can pierce through KEVLAR and is acclaimed by FPS noobs as the most deadliest sniper rifle in the world, or she can use the DSR-1 w/c can also fire .338 but im sure she wont use it because it be heavy for her or she cant stand the recoil that fast.
Old 2011-04-22, 09:16   Link #106
Nera Sleith
我らがツインテールに、勝る萌え無し!

Quote:
Government agents appear to be scary. Like I don't know how they would fare against E.U or something. We haven't really seen the military at work yet no? If Butei alone are that level already..

Also....Cao Cao uses a freaking Desert Eagle....gods that is like a hand rifle. Given how strong the main cast are, it's surprising no one else uses it.
They seem to be superexceptional at least, as of far, I haven't seen one appear in the novel. Although there are parts mentioned in the novel hinting about their strength like in v3, Kinji admitted that he won't be any match with them even if he is in Hysteria Mode. Maybe they're around the same level as Kana or more.

Cao Cao uses a rifle too, and a gas bomb (which she calls atomizer), and an UZI, and a seiryuutou, and a metal fan as weapons. She's crazy, that's a lot of weapons.

Quote:
Kinji is a cheat starting v7. With Beretta on left hand and DE on right (yeah, he's the 3rd known Quadra in the series), coupled with Hysteria Mode, he's unstoppable.

By the way, can DE pierce a bulletproof vest?
Old 2011-04-22, 09:30   Link #107
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
They seem to be superexceptional at least, as of far, I haven't seen one appear in the novel. Although there are parts mentioned in the novel hinting about their strength like in v3, Kinji admitted that he won't be any match with them even if he is in Hysteria Mode. Maybe they're around the same level as Kana or more.

Cao Cao uses a rifle too, and a gas bomb (which she calls atomizer), and an UZI, and a seiryuutou, and a metal fan as weapons. She's crazy, that's a lot of weapons.

Kinji is a cheat starting v7. With Beretta on left hand and DE on right (yeah, he's the 3rd known Quadra in the series), coupled with Hysteria Mode, he's unstoppable.

why yes Nera. the .50 AE is one of the most high power bullets to reach the table. the power it has can literally punch through light grade kevlar thats built to stop subsonic or standard grade ammunition liek 9mm and .45ACP

the only problem with the desert eagle is that the damn recoil it brings to your wrists. the .500 S&W bullet had ZOMG recoil, but its usually loaded to revolvers whereas THIS thing is semi-auto.

in v10... I AM WAITING FOR KINJI IMOUTO TO APPEAR.

so kinji is da 3rd quadra to appear.... cool.
Old 2011-04-22, 09:44   Link #108
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
well 5.56 works well against unarmored people. its that or the high performance 7.62x51 NATO. we can also put down on the table the 7.62x39.

I wonder why Reki wont use a bolt action rifle that carries a bigga round... an AWP with its .338 Lapua Magnum can pierce through KEVLAR and is acclaimed by FPS noobs as the most deadliest sniper rifle in the world, or she can use the DSR-1 w/c can also fire .338 but im sure she wont use it because it be heavy for her or she cant stand the recoil that fast.
I rather she use a Barret with .50BMG but I guess she doesn't need to I suppose. I mean her 2km range is well in excess of the Dragunov's effective range. She's just that good....and weight....most anti-material rifles are fired from supported position.

Quote:

Well she is called ten-thousand weapon Cao Cao....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-mrBhVKhKo

I suppose it would work better if they made a spitzer version....of course the internal bleeding would still get you.

That's why for all the vaunted power of a .50AE or .357 or any Magnum round.....

a simple NATO 5.56mm supersedes them all in killing power.

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-04-22 at 09:58.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 11:32   Link #109
endarion88

lol this page seems a monologue of Hirano from high school of the dead!
and oh wait...kinji have a little sister?

Last edited by endarion88; 2011-04-22 at 11:50.
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 12:55   Link #110
tsunade666

Kinji had a little sister which is scary in more than ways that you can imagine.

Kinji only use dual pistols but only 1 balisong so it can't be called quadra.
Old 2011-04-22, 13:26   Link #111
endarion88

but when did she appear the first time? is she the girl on vol 8 cover?
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 13:55   Link #112
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:

Yeah, as ZeKeR said, the Desert Eagle's bullet, the .50 AE caliber, is actually bigger than the colt .45. It's one of the biggest handguns out there-- and pretty much impossible to use 1 handed. Smaller caliber guns are hard enough to be accurate with with one hand, something as big as the desert eagle will probably just break your wrist. Though, breaking through the vest also depends on the threat rating of the vest. Some vest are meant for high-caliber rounds (like SWAT armor).

Does he pick up another blade, as well? Because with just the balisong, he's more like a triple than a quadra.
Old 2011-04-22, 14:21   Link #113
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
but when did she appear the first time? is she the girl on vol 8 cover?
That's Watson....

The only imouto to have appeared is Shirayuki's
Old 2011-04-22, 14:36   Link #114
tsunade666

Kinji's imouto shows up or rather a call in the phone. Not clear on the details yet but in the end of vol 9. Kinji got a call.

Expect hell to break loose once she arrives.

So far I haven't heard Kinji uses another blade than his brother butterfly knife so he is more like triple weapon than quadra. That's why I'm also asking if he uses another weapon.
Old 2011-04-22, 17:49   Link #115
dragonspit4

Let's talk about this:

Vol 1 is really good because of the touching moments between Kinji and Aria. Aria got a cross-shaped scar on her forehead during the bus hijack mission because she tried to protect Kinji. She has to push her hair down in the front and not show her forehead to hide the scar. The scene in the hospital where Kinji saw Aria looking in the mirror crying with tears on her face is really touching. I really like how the book ended with the airplane rescue and how Aria was near death (ie. her heart stopped) and the emergency landing.

Vol 2 is really nothing special except we learned that there are more super power users in the world.

Vol 3 about Riko's struggle with Dracula was very well done.

Vol 4 and 5 is excellent because of the explanation of Hidan.

Vol 6 and 7 is boring because of Reki's stupid action.

Vol 9 it good again because of the battle with Hirudo. Riko nearly died from battle (from poison). The "last" moments between her and Kinji is really touching. Through very long battles all her life, she has finally found salvation and a peace of mind.

My favourite character is Aria, but the romance between her and Kinji needs to be a little bit faster!! My second favourite character is Riko cause her story is the best out of all other characters and her struggle in getting rid of her fear and her past is what makes this story outstanding.

I wish the author touches more on Hidan and the power of Hidan. Aria need to use her power more often and stuff.
dragonspit4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 18:10   Link #116
Nera Sleith
我らがツインテールに、勝る萌え無し!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Does he pick up another blade, as well? Because with just the balisong, he's more like a triple than a quadra.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Kinji only use dual pistols but only 1 balisong so it can't be called quadra.
He uses scramasax in one hand and balisong on the other.

He won't get the hands of scramasax until after EU arc. (cause he stole it from Sherlock lol)

(Reference: v7, pp 116-117)

Last edited by Nera Sleith; 2011-04-22 at 18:35.
Nera Sleith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 18:20   Link #117
tsunade666

the power of crimson bullet.... it sure is devastating and pretty cheap/cheat like move. Well it's a laser like ability.

So Kinji get his hands on a sax. Good combo with balisong but those 2 are both short range though it depends on sax but most are not that long. Kinji reminds me of Riko who use two daggers.
Old 2011-04-22, 22:04   Link #118
ZeKeR
Superbad

so is it safe to assume that Kinji's Beretta is an unofficial 93R instead of the 92F?

soo....

relations
kinji + aria x rage + shirayuki x yandere = untold numbers of damage will be had when they fight for the guy....
riko + kinji = *insert smooth criminal song here*
kinji + reki = liek a dog that follows its master... only in her case, her 'hubby'
kinji + aya (DAT LOLI) = i dunno, but they probably have a good relation
kinji + Hotogi house = very close, but hopefully NOT all are yandere liek a certain Hotogi
Fuu + kinji = mah master!
kinji + kana = dammit i wish this HS form IS a girl..... but he lieks 'her' coz she be sibling
kinji + jeanne = untold numbers of both lol and lulz shall be had
kinji + imouto = B-R-O-C-O-N sister is imminent...
Watson + Kinji = i dunno... lulz liek Jeanne?

i dunno but kinji imouto sounds liek a yandere for kinji due to extreme brocon. Shirayuki and her will get along VEEEERRRYYY well....

also, i like Sherlock Holmes' design here...

btw who was that girl that appeared in v8 and v9?
dracula's daughter? she be a gothic style
Old 2011-04-22, 22:09   Link #119
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
so is it safe to assume that Kinji's Beretta is an unofficial 93R instead of the 92F?

soo....

relations
kinji + aria x rage + shirayuki x yandere = untold numbers of damage will be had when they fight for the guy....
riko + kinji = *insert smooth criminal song here*
kinji + reki = liek a dog that follows its master... only in her case, her 'hubby'
kinji + aya (DAT LOLI) = i dunno, but they probably have a good relation
kinji + Hotogi house = very close, but hopefully NOT all are yandere liek a certain Hotogi
Fuu + kinji = mah master!
kinji + kana = dammit i wish this HS form IS a girl..... but he lieks 'her' coz she be sibling
kinji + jeanne = untold numbers of both lol and lulz shall be had
kinji + imouto = B-R-O-C-O-N sister is imminent...
Watson + Kinji = i dunno... lulz liek Jeanne?
I smell possible Kinji + Hilda as well...
Old 2011-04-22, 22:20   Link #120
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
I smell possible Kinji + Hilda as well...
Oh Nera, Hikari.... where are you? can you confirm this DELICIOUS speculation?

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen