AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-10, 11:53   Link #701
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
Spoiler for Overall Story ending:

Spoiler for Big concern involving Narukami:
Spoiler for Narukami Concerns:
Old 2012-08-10, 13:01   Link #702
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It may be called Persona 5, but I'm much more confident on it being a new RPG for these characters than a fighting sequel. Either could happen, but I think the RPG has more possibility. At the core this is still an RPG franchise and while they can introduce a new character and new enemy in this, don't think the major threat will be resolved in fighting sequel.
Sorry but I'm going to have to disagree with you. Both Arc System Works (with BlazBlue) and now Atlus have proved they are capable of telling a compelling and complex story whilst having a fighting game as the genre. It's not an common nor easy thing to do no, but they managed to pull it off despite that.

It being a JRPG series at the core means nothing if the spin-off game preforms well, and this one did, so it's only natural we'll see a sequel for this title somewhere down the road.
Old 2012-08-10, 20:14   Link #703
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Narukami Concerns:
On that I'll point out that a leak from Famitsu has put the team behind the persona games working on the next numbered persona (which I'm guessing is persona 5) [link]. Maybe this is a lead-up to it?
Old 2012-08-11, 00:01   Link #704
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
On that I'll point out that a leak from Famitsu has put the team behind the persona games working on the next numbered persona (which I'm guessing is persona 5) [link]. Maybe this is a lead-up to it?
Yeah, did actually think about that link before playing this. This game does feel like a lead up kind of thing. Not that nothing happens here, but feels like the set-up for something.
Old 2012-08-11, 20:26   Link #705
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I'll never understand what I'm doing wrong with fighting games. Maybe in this game's case it's because of the A-spammers, but regardless, no matter how hard I practice, I can't even win against fellow F- Ranked players.
Old 2012-08-13, 09:48   Link #706
Shadow5YA

Goddamn, Mitsuru is ridiculous. Coup has so much forward movement and carries so well. People keep saying that she's predictable, but I still see the same strings working. She pushes and staggers and pushes with her high range all the way to the end. At least Aigis' Orgia Mode has a limit.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 02:45   Link #707
leokiko

I wouldn't say that. Countering that attack is fairly easy once you see it a bunch of times so it gets harder for whoever is playing her to keep winning.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 03:33   Link #708
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
I wouldn't say that. Countering that attack is fairly easy once you see it a bunch of times so it gets harder for whoever is playing her to keep winning.
People can mix that move up with other attacks, so countering that fast move doesn't seem that likely. Especially because she gets so much reward from it on counterhit.
Also coup droit is only -2 or so on block, meaning it can't be even punished as long as the mitsuru player wasn't mashing something else after the move.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 20:32   Link #709
_eternal
anthem core

Send a message via AIM to _eternal
So do you guys play online? Might help to list people's PSN/XBL IDs somewhere in the OP, but I haven't started playing seriously yet. Currently trying to get used to muscle memory since I've never playing a 2D fighter properly before.
Old 2012-08-20, 20:34   Link #710
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I've been playing online since the game's release on the PS3. Love online and the competition and the thrill of the matches really are amazing, at least to me.
Old 2012-08-20, 21:48   Link #711
Shadow5YA

Argh, how do I deal with Akihikos? There's so many of them in the States and I can't deal with his pressure.
Old 2012-08-20, 21:54   Link #712
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Witch character are you using? Depending on the character you're using I think I can help you.

Last edited by Kirito; 2012-08-20 at 22:05.
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 22:02   Link #713
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
I'll never understand what I'm doing wrong with fighting games. Maybe in this game's case it's because of the A-spammers, but regardless, no matter how hard I practice, I can't even win against fellow F- Ranked players.
Play the character you find easy and comfortable with and don't drop combos, you'll improve alot.
This alone is not enough though, you need to know some fundamentals...

-Dont mash. This will hurt you. Learn to block and wait
-Dont freak out, stay calm
-B+D is an universal reversal and can counter assaults on you. Don't abuse it, it's unsafe
-Learn how to anti air. THIS IS SERIOUSLY IMPORTANT. Most characters are assigned 2B as AA.
-WATCH FOR MASHERS. If you keep getting hit out of stuff, you're doing something wrong. Learn to wait and counter Reversals.
-When outplayed, you can't nothing about it because the opponent is simply better than you.

Hope it helps.
Old 2012-08-20, 22:13   Link #714
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
I've been surprisingly enjoying the game more than I thought and I play online occassionally. Though I'm mostly trying to be score attack mode. So far I've beaten it with 10 characters and I only have three more to go.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 23:25   Link #715
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Finally got around to beating Arcade with everyone (And doing their Instant Kills), took so long cause I actually really am enjoying the online with my Kanji~

Gonna start Story Mode once I try Score Attack once more.... got beat hard last time~
Old 2012-08-21, 10:45   Link #716
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
Witch character are you using? Depending on the character you're using I think I can help you.
Mitsuru. I get hit by a random Kill Rush or Corkscrew then completely lose it once Akihiko gains momentum.
Old 2012-08-21, 14:49   Link #717
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Mitsuru. I get hit by a random Kill Rush or Corkscrew then completely lose it once Akihiko gains momentum.
Here are my personal Mitsuru vs Akihiko notes based off my personal experience with Mitsuru because I played her for a bit against a few Akihiko's online. So take this with a grain of salt if you wish.

Ahem:

Spoiler for My Mitsuru vs Akihiko Notes:

Those are my notes, so tell me what you think and I hope this helps. Remember these are my personal experiences with the character so it could vary depending on your situation. Good luck!
Old 2012-08-22, 12:12   Link #718
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Joy, european release for P4A is once again delayed, but this time, we don't even have a ETA whatsoever.
And obviously, Zen United doesn't even bother explaining the fine details why we got the short end of the stick... heck, we still don't know if there is any pre order bonus or anything.
Old 2012-08-22, 12:18   Link #719
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ @Klashikari: well, that suck for the EU players. i dont think the pre-order bonus is anything good.
i got the sound track for pre-ordering, i havent even open it up to listen either yet.
there was like 5 or 6 songs in that sound track. not really all that worth it much for me.

who's know, maybe EU might get a different bonus.
Old 2012-08-22, 17:14   Link #720
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Soundtrack was ok, nothing too amazing. A serious Persona 4 Arena soundtrack would have been nice, one with a ton of songs from the games. Of course it was a pre-order bonus so didn't expect too much from it.

Tags
fighting game, ps3