AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-15, 22:43   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Kami nomi/TWGOK - Weekly Episode-to-Manga Comparison Thread [Spoilers Aplenty]

As the title of this thread suggest, the purpose here is to allow discussion which compares the content between an anime episode as it aired and how it is laid out in the source material the anime was adapted from. All spoilers are allowed as long as it is relevant to the discussion at hand. It will be helpful if the posters clearly indicate the episode number before engaging into a detailed comparison to the source material. Obviously you are required to watch the episode prior to posting here. Thread is open to everyone, but since the manga readers are expected to participate, the anime-only viewers are advised to use discretion before venturing into this thread.

For the Kami nomi/TWGOK Manga-Readers: Please do your darndest best to stay on topic when engaging into these comparison. Whenever you see one of your fellow manga-reader is spewing spoiler for no apparent reason, feel free to tell him/her to stop. Report such post so a moderator can delete the off-topic post.

Have fun!
Old 2013-07-16, 08:34   Link #2
backbone
Banned

And as expected, the pacing was particularly horrible. Yeah, i enjoyed it, but there were times when I was left confused. I knew WHAT was going on, I just didn't know HOW. The scenes moved and changed in extremely fast pace, to the point where I often said "What the hell is happening here!?". The only thing that amused me a bit was the scene when Keima bump into Hakua in bathroom in completely calm manner, and that's all, nothing else, which is disappointing.

Yeah, yeah, i know. Goddess arc consists of 60++ chapters, hence they can't waste time even a single bit, but this kind of pace is just a total kill even for a manga reader like me, nevermind the anime only viewers

Please, please, announce this show as split cour, so we can have more time to flesh things out
Old 2013-07-16, 08:48   Link #3
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Maybe it's just me but wasn't one of the best things about the Goddess Arc, especially the beginning was the suspense of "Who could be the Goddess?" with lots of twist and misdirection...?

They didn't outright say it, but that's the biggest *HINT HINT* I've seen in the OP/ED >_>
Old 2013-07-16, 09:01   Link #4
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Maybe it's just me but wasn't one of the best things about the Goddess Arc, especially the beginning was the suspense of "Who could be the Goddess?" with lots of twist and misdirection...?

They didn't outright say it, but that's the biggest *HINT HINT* I've seen in the OP/ED >_>
I think I've seen one or two other people make that claim, but the issue is in the pacing of the manga.

The manga names the candidates almost as quickly as the anime does. It really wasn't intended to be a mystery, because if it had been the goddesses wouldn't have been narrowed down right off the bat like they were.
Old 2013-07-16, 09:09   Link #5
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I don't know- I always felt that there's a possibility that Katsuragi could be wrong with his assumptions/speculations/deductions, given how many misdirection were thrown our way.

Here there's none of that.
Old 2013-07-16, 14:13   Link #6
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I can't complain too much, given the constraints they're doing a pretty good job. But it is disappointing that they are going so fast. I didn't even get to see Jun Nagase again!

There's also the fact that it's Haqua getting hit the hardest by the pacing as she's the main commentator on Keima's actions in these parts.
Old 2013-07-16, 20:50   Link #7
Kyouka
Is Here

thinking of dropping this series someone give me vm me when they get to the part when haqua is in jail =D
Old 2013-07-16, 23:12   Link #8
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

At this rate we're probably going to reach the main meat of the vintage part probably around episode 7-8.
Old 2013-07-17, 04:54   Link #9
R.LocK
My turn

Pacing is too fast, but it's acceptable. Never lost track of what was going on so passable. Even though I'm not satisfied with Yui's part 'cause no Keima's 'I wanna home, save me pleeeeeease". And no teasing on Haqua's part. Damn it. And well, Tsukiyo. Alas, no meaning in pointing out small things if her conquest wasn't shown.

BTW, Haqua's not the one who had been hardest. Poor Diana, really. Her relationship with Keima is so simplified that it is one thing I can be angry with.
Old 2013-07-17, 06:09   Link #10
XLNC

I'll just post this:

Episode 1: Chapters 114-116, 65 (altered), 80 (altered), plus the 5-minute 'recap' containing chapter containing parts of chapters 46, 83 and 88. 5++ chapters.
Episode 2: Chapters 117-125. 9 chapters.

According to the preview, episode 3 will contain chapter 126 up to at least chapter 128. A minimum of 3 chapters.
Old 2013-07-17, 08:37   Link #11
Rungelunge

I've posted in the Speculation thread the titles for the next 3 episodes.
Things gotta go fast.
Old 2013-07-18, 07:20   Link #12
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

It sure is(Aww it`s no fun since I`m an manga reader )
Old 2013-07-18, 22:44   Link #13
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Anime has a lot of serious tones and skipped a lot of humorous parts. Too bad because they were what made the first 2 seasons enjoyable.

Update: Looks like they only rushed 2 first episodes, but episode 3 was perfect in pacing.

Last edited by psycho bolt; 2013-07-22 at 20:22. Reason: update
Old 2013-07-22, 05:37   Link #14
Qikz

Although the anime has skipped arguably my favourite arc (The Yui one) I can get why they're going with this pacing.

As long as they don't muck up a few specific things then I think even with this pacing it should be a good watch.
Old 2013-07-22, 13:53   Link #15
XLNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLNC View Post
I'll just post this:

Episode 1: Chapters 114-116, 65 (altered), 80 (altered), plus the 5-minute 'recap' containing chapter containing parts of chapters 46, 83 and 88. 5++ chapters.
Episode 2: Chapters 117-125. 9 chapters.

According to the preview, episode 3 will contain chapter 126 up to at least chapter 128. A minimum of 3 chapters.
Episode 3: Chapters 126-129, plus some of 130 and 131 (both heavily cut), making it less than 5 chapters. Definitely slowed down.

Last edited by XLNC; 2013-07-22 at 17:15.
Old 2013-07-22, 14:44   Link #16
elior

looks like most of episode 4 will contain my feivorite creepy part of the arc with tsukiyo by the preview
Old 2013-07-22, 17:23   Link #17
jvcscasio
Lord of Lurkervile

I think they will make Nora being from vintage, then becoming the good guy, this way, Fiore will be 100% covered! (she wasn't really needed on Katsuragi's sickness).

I hope they will give a good background music and animation for the goddess attack on the library!
Old 2013-07-24, 07:19   Link #18
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

After the first 3 episodes and how they included all the unnecessary details inside, I have little confidence what comes thereafter.

Unless they remove the crossdressing date arc, I demand that the script for the rest of this season be put under a morality foundation's scrutiny for its attempt to mislead younger viewers.

Why the heck do the subbers even have to translate the book Shiori is holding? Is that even needed? We don't need to know the translation of the name of the book that is so misleading!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-07-29, 16:21   Link #19
XLNC

Quote:
Episode 3: Chapters 126-129, plus some of 130 and 131 (both heavily cut), making it less than 5 chapters. Definitely slowed down.
Episode 4: Chapters 131 to 139 (1st 9 pages), heavily cut. The deletion of Fiore gave the animators some breathing space to animate the whole Vulcan arc in one episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
After the first 3 episodes and how they included all the unnecessary details inside, I have little confidence what comes thereafter.

Unless they remove the crossdressing date arc, I demand that the script for the rest of this season be put under a morality foundation's scrutiny for its attempt to mislead younger viewers.

Why the heck do the subbers even have to translate the book Shiori is holding? Is that even needed? We don't need to know the translation of the name of the book that is so misleading!
TRAP CARD ACTIVATE!
Spoiler for Trap Card:
Old 2013-07-29, 20:09   Link #20
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Episode 4: Chapters 131 to 139 (1st 9 pages), heavily cut. The deletion of Fiore gave the animators some breathing space to animate the whole Vulcan arc in one episode.

TRAP CARD ACTIVATE!
Spoiler for Trap Card:
I demand the next episode be pulled off air. Immediately.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Closed Thread