AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-27, 04:59   Link #421
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I'm guessing someone just upped and yelled YES WE CAN.
Old 2013-02-28, 09:48   Link #422
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post

So much Shaft!!!
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 13:45   Link #423
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Spoiler for latest ep March 01:

Also, Shaft has once again dropped the ball. Many scenes near the end were freeze frames. I am going to expect more of that for the rest of the season.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2013-02-28 at 14:04.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 16:59   Link #424
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Also, Shaft has once again dropped the ball. Many scenes near the end were freeze frames. I am going to expect more of that for the rest of the season.
As I haven't watched an episode since episode 4, I'm not sure how to really comment on this. However, it does make me wonder if the freeze frames are a sign that there's going to be something big in the upcoming episodes (with this episode using a lot of freeze frames in the TV version to conserve resources for the more important scenes later in the show);
Old 2013-02-28, 17:02   Link #425
Candyshark

Not in case of Shaft. First episodes are the best looking then animation drops significally.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 17:30   Link #426
SQA

Some day, Shinbo will plan better. Some day.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 18:03   Link #427
gaiar31

Mama Love TT TT
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 22:47   Link #428
ndqanh_vn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
Not in case of Shaft. First episodes are the best looking then animation drops significally.
Hm, why did I remember that the middle episode of Bakemonogatari is very bad, but we have some very sweet animation in the climax of Tsubasa arc? But I also remember they have to fix more than half of the serie for the DVD/Bluray release, so maybe I confuse the TV version with the Bluray version instead.

That being said, maybe they just ran out of money. I might remember wrong, but Madoka Magica seems to have better consistency in term of animation quality right?

It is not strange if they do run out of money. Almost every episode until now has some battles as climax
ndqanh_vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 23:00   Link #429
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndqanh_vn View Post
Hm, why did I remember that the middle episode of Bakemonogatari is very bad, but we have some very sweet animation in the climax of Tsubasa arc? But I also remember they have to fix more than half of the serie for the DVD/Bluray release, so maybe I confuse the TV version with the Bluray version instead.

That being said, maybe they just ran out of money. I might remember wrong, but Madoka Magica seems to have better consistency in term of animation quality right?

It is not strange if they do run out of money. Almost every episode until now has some battles as climax
Eps 13, 14 and 15 of Bakemonogatari was streamed online after the series finished airing. Eps 11 and 12 were apparently barely animated when they aired.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 23:46   Link #430
EroKing

NSFW
Nyantype
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-03-01, 00:05   Link #431
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
Eps 13, 14 and 15 of Bakemonogatari was streamed online after the series finished airing. Eps 11 and 12 were apparently barely animated when they aired.
ep 13-15 was also aired WAY later than they said they would. As in they couldn't keep to their stream schedule.

The blu ray special commentaries for ep 15 actually was done with most of the animation missing. So the characters apologise for not knowing what is on screen, and chat about Evangelion instead.
Old 2013-03-01, 09:28   Link #432
Shiyumi

Spoiler for About latest episode:
Shiyumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 11:11   Link #433
Midonin
Last Engage

Sasami-san@Ganabaranai 08 - The Great Battle on the Rooftop

That was a pretty interesting episode, in both halves. The aerial battle with the sisters vs Sasami had some nice visuals, giant holographic Sasami among them, and hooray, Tsurugi is back! Sure, Sasami's kind of gone back to how she was at the start of the series, but the circumstances are different enough (and mythologically accurate) that I'm okay with it. For the second half, it's good to see that even though Sasami's mom may have left the show in the present tense, her story isn't quite concluded. That monologue she had to herself was touching, casting her actions in the previous two episodes in a different light. She's not an inherently bad person. Now as far as the twist ending, depending on what the deal and the conditions are, I can see Sasami at least considering accepting it, but ultimately rejecting it. Also a matter of if she can do this on her own, or if she'll need the sisters to back her up once again.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 11:28   Link #434
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It was interesting to find out how Sasami's mother used to in the past. I see her in a new light. It's hard to forgive her for what she intended to do, but at least we know she wasn't a bad person and that she did love her daughter at some point. They just had very different convictions.

Kagami was awesome in the first part of the episode. Sasami has a great friend.

Quote:
They probably blew their budget on the aerial battle, which was quite nicely animated. With a little lucky, it was a one time thing and it will go back to normal next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
NSFW
Nyantype
Wallpaper GET! That reminds me, I noticed they censored a panty shot once again in this ep.
Old 2013-03-01, 13:08   Link #435
Pen3

Anyone got a highres picture of that end card? I find it to be one of the best this season.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 14:53   Link #436
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
Some day, Shinbo will plan better. Some day.
I think this is the problem. Not lack of money. Not laziness. Maybe a somewhat irresponsible attitude but, hey, he's an artist. Lol.

That being said, I have never been bothered by all his money-saving tricks (long shots, still shots, shots held a long time, etc.) or even by Tsukuyomi Moonphase TV12, in which an entire battle went on with no images of the fighting at all, just artistic shots of the area it was taking place in, with sound effects.

I enjoyed ep8, but maybe not as much as some previous episodes.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 15:03   Link #437
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I think this is the problem. Not lack of money. Not laziness. Maybe a somewhat irresponsible attitude but, hey, he's an artist. Lol.
At this point, both the audience and the sponsors are used to it. It is now no longer a flaw but an artistic quirk. The sponsors expect an excellent product in the Disc release, and anyway it helps the sales.
Old 2013-03-01, 20:25   Link #438
Kitsu Breaker

Kagami x Sasami OTP

This two girls have the best sax life
FIGHT FOR THE YURI
Kitsu Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 17:04   Link #439
00Coyote

Quote:
At this point, both the audience and the sponsors are used to it. It is now no longer a flaw but an artistic quirk. The sponsors expect an excellent product in the Disc release, and anyway it helps the sales.
I think this time it was almost intentional. Which of the following would time and budget be put into:

1: Tender moment between mother and child.
2: 1,000's of zombies being destroyed by a miko.
3: A golem like thing talking to said miko.
4: Ariel battle by a schoolgirl, where her clothes are being dissolved.

Given the choice, and considering this is SHAFT, I'm actually surprised the rest of the episode wasn't completely stills, text and color flashes.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 10:31   Link #440
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
NSFW
dengeki g

Tags
fantasy, romantic comedy, shounen