Notices

Old 2012-07-19, 09:49   Link #601
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Episode 3:

- Haru couldn't think of a better way for Kuroyukihime to regain her former shape...
Ewww Accel World . SAO is so much better. Asuna > Kuroyukihime, Kirito >>>> Haru

Quote:
- So far I find the females are fairly unremarkable. The three main girls and the antagonistic vice-principal all do the bare minimum to fill out their roles in the story, but there is nothing that really makes them stand out...

- ...while the males are a very enjoyable bunch. Weeeeen continues to be the beacon of "I want to take him home"-ness (that scene where he had those sandwich in his mouth was very moe moe kyun~). Taichi is adorably tsundere (and is bold enough to practice air-badminton on the beach), and I've even somewhat warmed up to the principal. Then there are those old guys with their instruments. Seriously, the men are stealing the show!
I find this quite funny, because for me it's the exact opposite. I was never that fond of Ween and Taichi just seems like more or less a standard male character. It is really Konatsu with her Chihaya-like energy and Wakana with her silent, unsung hero attitdue that's driving the series for me whilst I just gawk at Sawa's fashion sense whilst cool broing her perfectness (I'll lay off the Mary-Sue comments from now on! I promise!)

Quote:
- I have mixed feelings on the foreigner guy. Sure he has a pig and a tanktop and everything, but he doesn't have a memorable catchphrase! Where are the thumbs ups and the "GUTS" that allow people to shoot rockets sideways?
Lawl. Btw, this was mentioned in some other blogs and on another ANN fourm but have a look at the OP again (hint: the poster in Konatsu's room). That's right. In combination with the fact that he seems to know Wakana's mother, it confirms that our foreigner seems to be more than just a joke character.

I love it. So much of these subtle details coming to life now.

Quote:
- I liked how Sakai declared her "I no money" with such conviction near the end of the episode. P.A. Works should've ended the episode with this scene. Would've made a great cliffhanger.
In hindsight, yeh, it probably would have an awesome episode ender. Combine it with standard PA Works PV trolling and it works double as well .
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 14:24   Link #602
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

This anime reminds me so much of Glee to the point that it's painful. Choir really isn't an activity that you can inject drama into.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 14:37   Link #603
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I can't claim credit for finding it, but there's a very important clue in the OP that sheds a lot of light on the mysteries of episode 3...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 17:02   Link #604
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
This anime reminds me so much of Glee to the point that it's painful. Choir really isn't an activity that you can inject drama into.
That's what you think hahaha. During my high school days, I was in band and choir. Ah yes... the damn dramas that just won't freaking stop.

Lol! Different from Pocari_Sweat and winhlp32, I find BOTH the female and male cast wonderful!
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 18:48   Link #605
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
That's what you think hahaha. During my high school days, I was in band and choir. Ah yes... the damn dramas that just won't freaking stop.
Band, I get more than choir.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 23:28   Link #606
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Ewww Accel World . SAO is so much better. Asuna > Kuroyukihime, Kirito >>>> Haru
Kirito: The Sawa of Sword Art Online.

Quote:
Lawl. Btw, this was mentioned in some other blogs and on another ANN fourm but have a look at the OP again (hint: the poster in Konatsu's room). That's right. In combination with the fact that he seems to know Wakana's mother, it confirms that our foreigner seems to be more than just a joke character.

I love it. So much of these subtle details coming to life now.
I find it strange that Konatsu doesn't recognize those old guys playing those instruments at the beach cafe right next to her if she has a poster of them in her room. Maybe next episode.

I wonder about the pig-owning foreigner. Is he going to spend the remainder of the series not speaking a word of Japanese? How would Wakana ask him about her mother?
       /
      / \|
    /

Last edited by winhlp32; 2012-07-20 at 23:38.
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 00:08   Link #607
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
Band, I get more than choir.
At least choir drama is better than omlette rice drama

Quote:
I don't find Kirito "perfect" though. He seems to have trouble socializing and seems to be bit of a loner . Though instead of sulking and being emo about it like most shonen protags do, he's pretty much like "Come at me bro" at the 2nd ep
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 02:44   Link #608
Zeross

Quote:

I find it strange that Konatsu doesn't recognize those old guys playing those instruments at the beach cafe right next to her if she has a poster of them in her room. Maybe next episode.

I wonder about the pig-owning foreigner. Is he going to spend the remainder of the series not speaking a word of Japanese? How would Wakana ask him about her mother?
well they look like a lot more younger in the poster in her room.
if they were previous star but didnt do much in years do to old age they wouldnt get media coverage, hence people could not know what they look like now.
Old 2012-07-21, 17:16   Link #609
GundamZZ
残念美人

I heard that even Japanese viewers were surprised.
It is going to be an eternal question. Is it...
I don't (have) money.
I don't (accept) money.
I don't (sell for) money.
I don't (want) money.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 20:14   Link #610
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Here's hoping this gets resolved in the next episode. It's clear she doesn't understand him and it would be just plain silly for him to keep trying without someone there to translate for the two of them.
Old 2012-07-21, 20:21   Link #611
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
At least choir drama is better than omlette rice drama
BLASPHEMY

Omu rice is serios business

Quote:
Maybe someone in the cast knows how to speak spanish?
Old 2012-07-22, 01:53   Link #612
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
So I watched the first episode and it was okay. It established its premise and people without too much messing around. And interestingly, I think I dig Minko II err Wakana which surprised me and the fact that PA is doing this.

Still the True Tears Choir is worth the rewind. Obviously it expresses their desire to make more True Tears but was interrupted by the higher ups, so they keep sneaking it in!

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 16:10   Link #613
deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
BLASPHEMY

Omu rice is serios business

Maybe someone in the cast knows how to speak spanish?

perhaps a member of the cast who spent most of his life in Europe?
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 17:27   Link #614
Blaat

You would think Wien rescuing Wakana would raise a flag and yet nothing happened.

Also the Condor Queen dude can speak JApanese which raises the question why didn't he do so since the beginning?
Old 2012-07-22, 19:46   Link #615
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep4:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 20:12   Link #616
Excorsism

Gotta give props to Wien for taking that sucker down.
Old 2012-07-22, 20:27   Link #617
Midonin
Last Engage

たりたり♪♪ 04 - Reinas de Cóndor Vivo en Concierto

Now that I think about it, the name "Condor Queens" was dropped back in episode two, but I thought nothing of it. They were just a background band name meant to give some flavor to the world. And they did. By taking on a pretty pivotal role in this episode. And the third member of the band is definitely Spanish, now that I've heard their song. And saw their outfits. Really, it's like they stepped out of Epcot.

Really enjoyed this episode. The Condor Queens are pretty awesome, and Wien's attempts at hitting falsetto got a laugh out of me. Their Hawaiian inspired performance was also really, really good. Even the dance routine! I don't think it'll be long before we get gifs of Sawa and Konatsu doing the hula. Wakana... still hasn't come around, but I think the events are starting to break through her shell. The festival atmosphere of this week made it somewhat less heavy than the past few, but still keeping the themes of the previous episodes pretty well.

Aloha means "hello" and "goodbye", and there was quite a bit of both to be had here.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 20:46   Link #618
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

dem hips.. i understand the point of the series is to turn Wakana around, so this slow development is acceptable.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 21:07   Link #619
Markerlight

Great episode, a lot of character development, and maybe the first hints of romance?
Old 2012-07-22, 22:03   Link #620
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Just finished episode and it was incredible. Especially since we're getting more hints about Wakana's mother and what drove her to quit music. Can't wait to see why is it, considering that the next episode will possible be a Wakana focus (parts of the episodes were) especially since the first few had Konatsu's practically stealing the spotlight. Wein practicing falsetto had me in tears, this guy rocks, I don't care what anyone says.

Did anyone notice that Konatsu's ringtone is actually the opening theme for the show?

Last edited by Kirito; 2012-07-22 at 23:58.
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, music, original anime, pa works