AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-06-26, 21:21   Link #21
BPD Renegade

When new emperor guy showed up, I thought he was an Akashi-Murasakibara-Nash hybrid. Then the beginning of this chapter happened, and it seemed like Kise the Keet was thrown into the mix. Then the the middle of the chapter happened, and wtf? I wanted to say Hanamiya got thrown in as well, but at this point, I'm ... . . . . . . . . . . ?
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-29, 15:14   Link #22
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I am sure that guy is just a hentai. I mean, hentai hentai.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-20, 22:38   Link #23
bakato

Did not expect a time skip. Now this is like Days with actual progress, Prince of Tennis with a badass dad, and Hikaru no Go's "chasing after a rival."
Old 2017-10-21, 00:02   Link #24
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Is it getting axed? A few chapters left to say "Yep, Robo totally went pro and fought Youzan"?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-21, 00:29   Link #25
thefreakmike

Nothing confirmed yet, tho the timeskip did literally came out of nowhere
Old 2017-10-21, 06:57   Link #26
James Rye

I really doubt it is getting axed. Didn't the first volume already sold over 100k? I think the mangaka just wanted to skip the whole three year highschool training and tournament stuff and go straight to Roboto trying to go pro, entering pro leagues and getting that grand slam by winning all four majors. That's more interesting than high school gold where there's not really much at stake. But yeah, it is pretty sudden, I expected the timeskip for the 2nd and 3rd year after building up Roboto's teammates more during the first year.
Old 2017-10-21, 17:11   Link #27
BPD Renegade

I admit I cracked up after the initial surprise. A three year time skip just like that? Either this is going a different route, or the manga-ka got sick of it, and it'll be shorter than expected. If this does turn out to be a long-runner, it'll be nice having an older cast than usual.

Seeing Youzan talk about a Grand Slam was a nice change though, since usually the goal in sports manga is just winning high school tournaments or becoming a pro, and tbh, the skill level in Kuroko would have made much more sense if the characters were in college instead of high school, so maybe the author was factoring that in.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-22, 00:22   Link #28
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
I admit I cracked up after the initial surprise. A three year time skip just like that? Either this is going a different route, or the manga-ka got sick of it, and it'll be shorter than expected. If this does turn out to be a long-runner, it'll be nice having an older cast than usual.

Seeing Youzan talk about a Grand Slam was a nice change though, since usually the goal in sports manga is just winning high school tournaments or becoming a pro, and tbh, the skill level in Kuroko would have made much more sense if the characters were in college instead of high school, so maybe the author was factoring that in.
The skill level of some of them didn't even make sense in NBA, so, you know, in for a penny...
Old 2017-10-27, 21:37   Link #29
bakato

Entrance by parachute. That's a first.
Old 2017-10-28, 01:53   Link #30
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The problem with skipping the three years is that no details about the other club members has sunk in my memory.
Old 2018-11-06, 21:28   Link #31
Mars Terra

Now I've started this series and will be reading it all the way through, posting my thoughts along the way. I'll probably be doing 3-4 chapters a day and will update my post with chapters I read that day so as not to bump this thread too badly and we'll see how this goes.

The reason I decided upon this series is that the main character has autism and I happen to have a less severe form of that called asperger and so it seemed like a good series for me.

Chapter 1:
With that in mind, I've like to talk a little bit about how this series depicts Robato's autism. The way this first chapter shows it is in a comical way, with his misunderstanding of/inability to read a situation being played for laughs. This seemed like a given, it fits with shonen protagonists, the ones who seem foolish at first glance but upon further inspection there is something more to them. Robato works well as this type of character, he is oblivious to most things when it comes to people but he can grasp other things perfectly well.
I'm a little mixed because I do feel they overplay his denseness just a bit, but perhaps I simply don't understand his logic?

Chapter 2-4:
Robato went to another golf range before, we have to assume that it was six days earlier then him going to that golf range where he gone into ambivalence with those guys since Miura had waited for a week the next day. So was he researching golf a week ago and everyone's just been pestering him for a week to join the club? My understanding of these series of events.
The way him and Miura begun their unofficial competition, it's clear that this series is going for a more light-hearted tone. Robato is inadvertently coming off as rude, with his friend freaking out about him. They gave Miura a little backstory in chapter 4 but the way they use this for tension-building is underwhelming, and it would of been better to save it for another time.
I suppose I shouldn't be disappointed that there isn't too much to discuss in 3 chapters, it isn't even the entire arc either.

Chapter 3-8:
In my search for character depth, I almost forgot that there's some characters who don't even understand their own self as there are many humans who don't understand themselves or even think to try to understand. I feel like Robato could be this type of character, and since no one around him really understands his thought process they do not understand him either. He didn't understand his desire to fight Miura in the first place, but now that he has faced off against him he is curious to see how things would of ended had they been allowed to finish their match.
Chapter 8 marks the start of a new arc, as Robato decides to join the golf club and we're introduced to the regulars. Cynical Gen, laid-back Souta and hot-headed Rion. I'm a bit disappointed with this arc so far, seeing as they throw the whole delinquent picking on a girl and now the main character must teach them a lesson trope. I haven't seen a lot of sports anime but even I can tell this is a cliche within the genre.

Currently reading:: The Sirens of Titan.

Last edited by Mars Terra; 2018-11-09 at 13:31.
Mars Terra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
emotionless mc, hard-working rival, op mc, sports, talentless friend