AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-12-06, 07:48   Link #461
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

If the AMF really affected their ability to transform even though they still could use magic, then it obviously is a spell which involves difficulty.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 14:02   Link #462
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
We have never, and I do mean never, seen any member of the main cast transform without devices outside of Einhart
Yuuno never set up his barrier jacket on screen, but I pointed out to you an occasion when he did something that could not possibly be anything other than doing so.

Also, Adult Mode transformation is so difficult that Vivio and Rio can't do or maintain it without a Device. Of course, both of them were counting on getting a Device to help them, Einhart was not. So Einhart learned how to do it on her own.

Yuuno, who is already capable of so much without a Device (such as setting up field spells that Chrono cannot manage even with S2U, or coming out of a fight with Vita without a scratch despite dividing his attention) managed a much more radical, cross-species transformation, and maintained it so long he'd forgotten he was in it.

Quote:
A: He's just that awesome, or

B: Nanoha and Fate are more reliant on their devices than we initially thought.
I'm thinking it's a combination of both. He IS that awesome, but they could also lose their dependency. At the same time, using a Device is so powerful that developing some dependency is an acceptable cost. Yuuno should get one.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 14:44   Link #463
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Most people consider that his barrier jacket, but we've never gotten any official confirmation on it. If there is, its in the plethora of materials that never got translated.
Old 2011-12-06, 14:45   Link #464
Skane
Anime Snark

Hell will freeze over before Yuuno gets a device. The way things are, you would think the creators are trying to pretend he doesn't exist any more.

Le sigh.
Old 2011-12-06, 19:35   Link #465
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Most people consider that his barrier jacket, but we've never gotten any official confirmation on it. If there is, its in the plethora of materials that never got translated.
We don't have official confirmation that his hair is blond, either. We don't need it either, because it's obvious.

And Yes, I know he's probably never going to get a Device. Which makes it all the more frustrating that Linith did, especially since I cannot recall any material that ever showed her with a Device before.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-30, 17:03   Link #466
lyrical dark mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Yuuno, who is already capable of so much without a Device (such as setting up field spells that Chrono cannot manage even with S2U, or coming out of a fight with Vita without a scratch despite dividing his attention) managed a much more radical, cross-species transformation, and maintained it so long he'd forgotten he was in it.

well as far as know Chrono never set up a field spell but it was never really confirmed that he can't but I do agree that Yuuno is amazing and I wish he had a device that aside Chrono is amazing in his own way too I mean he did stop fate and Nanoha from fighting and he also destroyed like 10 of those Gundam like things in a second that both Nanoha and Yuuno were surprised he also defeated fate in the manga by using a delayed bind

Last edited by lyrical dark mage; 2017-03-30 at 09:25.
lyrical dark mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-21, 15:02   Link #467
lyrical dark mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
We don't have official confirmation that his hair is blond, either. We don't need it either, because it's obvious.

And Yes, I know he's probably never going to get a Device. Which makes it all the more frustrating that Linith did, especially since I cannot recall any material that ever showed her with a Device before.
yeah that is annoying, i wish Yuuno ends up with a device actually now that i think about it in one Fanfiction he was given a device
Old 2017-04-22, 02:48   Link #468
4th Dimension

Well in one he blocks a anti capital ship weapon still without one. But that doesn't lessen his screwed by the writer status.
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-25, 19:59   Link #469
lyrical dark mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Well in one he blocks a anti-capital ship weapon still without one. But that doesn't lessen his screwed by the writer status.
yuuno is cool and while he doesn't have a device it seems to me he doesn't really need one although yeah it would be interesting to see him with a device
Old 2017-04-26, 01:37   Link #470
4th Dimension

I don't really think he needs one. Again he was perfectly able to fight at least on Vita's level and largely ignore her attacks WHILE setting up a teleport and attempting to bring the barrier down, in A's.

So spell computation seems to be not as big in issue for him as it is for others.
Old 2017-05-20, 11:21   Link #471
lyrical dark mage

Quote:
I don't really think he needs one. Again he was perfectly able to fight at least on Vita's level and largely ignore her attacks WHILE setting up a teleport and attempting to bring the barrier down, in A's.

So spell computation seems to be not as big in issue for him as it is for others.
yeah but it will still be cool to see him with one

also i have a question? has it been stated if yuuno is actually a member of the scrya clan or if he's adopted?
Old 2017-05-20, 11:23   Link #472
4th Dimension

I'm pretty sure he is part of the clan, because I remember that his transformation telent is something he inherited from them and he mentions I think in TOS having many relatives but feeling alone and such, when Nanoha talked about feeling alone in her family.
Old 2017-05-23, 09:07   Link #473
lyrical dark mage

Smile

Quote:
I'm pretty sure he is part of the clan, because I remember that his transformation telent is something he inherited from them and he mentions I think in TOS having many relatives but feeling alone and such, when Nanoha talked about feeling alone in her family.
What he said was something like "all my clan are my family" which might mean that either he doesn't have a family but considers the scrya clan as family or for some reason or another his parents couldn't take care of him so their clan did. So it still might be that he's not related to the clan by blood but than again he might be related.
My guess was that he's related to them though.
Old 2017-05-24, 16:40   Link #474
4th Dimension

Well since they are his clan and he has the power kind of specific to the Scrya clan, he kind of HAS to be blood related to them in general. He might not have any close relatives there (mother father, brothers or sisters) but they are certainly related by blood.
Old 2017-05-27, 10:52   Link #475
lyrical dark mage

I don't think the anime ever said anything about a power specific to that clan, when was that?
Old 2017-05-27, 10:56   Link #476
4th Dimension

Hmmm, I don't remember where or if I read it somewhere. I always took it as a given that the weird ability to shape shift is simply a Scrya thing.
Old 2017-06-01, 09:28   Link #477
lyrical dark mage

I don't really think that's the case i just think it's a kind of magic that's all
Old 2017-12-26, 01:26   Link #478
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Since the general franchise discussion thread is locked:

[ANN] TBS Acquires Lyrical Nanoha's Anime Studio Seven Arcs.

No idea what this could mean for future Nanoha projects down the line.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-26, 02:57   Link #479
Whedon the Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Since the general franchise discussion thread is locked:

[ANN] TBS Acquires Lyrical Nanoha's Anime Studio Seven Arcs.

No idea what this could mean for future Nanoha projects down the line.
What is the reputation of TBS? Might help us predict the future.
Whedon the Snarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-26, 03:58   Link #480
4th Dimension

Passing it along to our Discord HQ.

Someone mentioned that TBS used to air Nanoha, so it's not like they are entirely new to things.

As someone completely unfamiliar with the workings of animeindustry, this to me sounds like they just wanted to have an "in house" animation studio to do things they want. And MAAAYBE to bail a studio they worked previously.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server