Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-04-23, 05:11   Link #21
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
The first time I used those pink erasers made in the USA, it tore my paper. I wondered to myself, why the heck do Americans stick to these shitty rubber erasers? It's not like our Pentel or Tombou/Mono soft-vinyl erasers are that expensive to make or sell!? Heck, we make them with limited resources in our country! You guys could probably make similar ones for much much cheaper!

lol 2 years of design school work taught me how valuable vinyl erasers are, only japanese comapnies made them tho, and that means there are more expensive than normal rubber ones =[

anyway SUDOKU!
so much fun, i was terrible at first i would spend ages on the easy ones, but after a while i started to get faster and they got more fun, now im really slow again but on the hard ones =D, i found some little tricks and tips but i have never bought a book about Sudoku, loads are around tho
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 07:38   Link #22
Akarix
::Untouched Feelings::

Im also obeessed with soduku. I would like everyday go and take the newspaper for the sudoku section. I would sometimes do in school [ and the teacher will say,"I know you are good in sudoku but please don't do it in my lesson" and i was like woopz.. ] Ouh yea i always play the 9x9 boxes lol very easy

::To be what you were truly meant to be::
Akarix's creation : 2

Last edited by Akarix; 2006-04-24 at 04:10.
Akarix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 12:59   Link #23
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
The first time I used those pink erasers made in the USA, it tore my paper. I wondered to myself, why the heck do Americans stick to these shitty rubber erasers? It's not like our Pentel or Tombou/Mono soft-vinyl erasers are that expensive to make or sell!? Heck, we make them with limited resources in our country! You guys could probably make similar ones for much much cheaper!
What?!!! There are better erasers? Why are those damn pink erasers the only thing mass produced around here? Gah.... More proof that pink eraser companies are pure evil.
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 15:24   Link #24
ayyo

Some pink erasers are pretty damn good yo. I used to steal the pencils they hand out for examinations since not only do they like never break, they erase freaking everything without leaving any mark. Not even the eraser debris leaves any mark.

Anyway, I used to have Sudoku on my cell phone. It was called Sudoku Daily or something stupid. They would have the most recent puzzle from NY Times and an archive of 30 day's. They would seperate into five levels, 1 being easiest and 5 being hardest (like seriously hard). They even had a board of record for you to keep for your fastest time per level. My lvl1 was ~4 mins, lvl4 ~9min, and lvl5 ~17min. Fun stuff, but with an iPod 5G, who needs Sudoku

And yeah, I argee Sudoku is an alien conspiracy. I saw the Sunday papers and in the comic papers, they had Suduko for kids (2x3 boxes instead of 3x3). It's like they're trying to brainwash people of all ages
ayyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 09:12   Link #25
Homeschooler_Jenni
Rar.

@_@ I know what you mean about the erasers. I was doing that hardest puzzles in the book and i realized i messed up, so i erased it. And when I did...>_< It tore TWO pages. it sucked I didn't expect many people to post on this thread o.o I was gone all day yesterday and i come back with a bunch of posts ~_~ shaweet.
Homeschooler_Jenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 09:48   Link #26
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
What?!!! There are better erasers? Why are those damn pink erasers the only thing mass produced around here? Gah.... More proof that pink eraser companies are pure evil.
Is Staples a big office/school supply store? They have many Japanese vinyl erasers there. By the looks of it, I don't call it to be that expensive.

Practically no one uses rubber erasers in Japan. Everything is soft vinyl.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 16:56   Link #27
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Sudoku. I'm okay at it, but it takes me a while. I have... funny logic when it comes to that, but it works. My friend, ben, calls it "devil's logic". :P
Old 2006-04-26, 17:19   Link #28
durrem
[megaplay] *sparkles*

I've been using the Pentel Clic Eraser for like at least the last 15 years.

I almost can't even remember using any other kind of eraser (almost...).
durrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 17:24   Link #29
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Same eraser I use. Is that vinyl? I am completely obsessed with Sudoku myself, but I only rarely need that eraser.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 18:13   Link #30
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

since we are talking about erasers, i used the Radar S-80 SEED Plastic Eraser, its actually the best eraser i have ever used in my life. the pink ones just piss me off... :/
kira_lacusXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 19:34   Link #31
Homeschooler_Jenni
Rar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira_lacusXX
since we are talking about erasers, i used the Radar S-80 SEED Plastic Eraser, its actually the best eraser i have ever used in my life. the pink ones just piss me off... :/

>_< My eraser sucks, but i don't need to use it much. Maybe once or twice with the really hard ones <.<
Old 2006-04-26, 19:38   Link #32
Newtyped
Gangsta Member

Send a message via ICQ to Newtyped Send a message via AIM to Newtyped Send a message via Yahoo to Newtyped
i use a slidy eraser
those work good ^^
Newtyped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 19:48   Link #33
Homeschooler_Jenni
Rar.

I did some sudoku before I got online<_< I do atleast 10-20 of them a day. @_@;
Old 2006-04-26, 19:59   Link #34
Newtyped
Gangsta Member

Send a message via ICQ to Newtyped Send a message via AIM to Newtyped Send a message via Yahoo to Newtyped
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeschooler_Jenni
I did some sudoku before I got online<_< I do atleast 10-20 of them a day. @_@;
no dont you see, sudoku wasnt made by aliens. Its a conspiracy by the penguins, its obvious that you are really filling out coordinates for them to strike >> << >>. Dont let them get you ><
in english: sudoku is evil o_O
Newtyped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 20:12   Link #35
Homeschooler_Jenni
Rar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtyped
no dont you see, sudoku wasnt made by aliens. Its a conspiracy by the penguins, its obvious that you are really filling out coordinates for them to strike >> << >>. Dont let them get you ><
in english: sudoku is evil o_O

~__~ but i tricked them! My Sudoku's are anti-penguin.
Old 2006-04-26, 20:15   Link #36
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

I only play sudoku in pen. Pencil is a cop out. Medium puzzles take 15 minutes, hard or very hard can take longer... But I've yet to meet a puzzle I couldn't solve.
something about being a theoretical phycist or something...

I have a pretty decent speed technique down for easy puzzles too. They basically take as long as it takes me to fill in the numbers, maybe 5 minutes. I once did one in 2 minutes though. (my record).
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 20:48   Link #37
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

I didn't like the simplicity. It didn't satisfy me enough after finishing.
Old 2006-04-26, 22:51   Link #38
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy
I have a pretty decent speed technique down for easy puzzles too. They basically take as long as it takes me to fill in the numbers, maybe 5 minutes. I once did one in 2 minutes though. (my record).
I know what you mean. For easy puzzles the only way I can make it intersting is to try to fill it out as quickly as possible. Well, other times I play this game where I try to fill out all the 1s, then I fill in all the 2s and so on.

I only really have fun with the trickier puzzles though. There have been some that I have to stare at for hours before I suddenly realize where the trick is that enables me to solve it. Resorting to guessing feels like a cheat, even when it would be quicker. That's why I almost never use the eraser.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 09:40   Link #39
Homeschooler_Jenni
Rar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy
I only play sudoku in pen. Pencil is a cop out. Medium puzzles take 15 minutes, hard or very hard can take longer... But I've yet to meet a puzzle I couldn't solve.
something about being a theoretical phycist or something...

I can do easy ones in about 2 minutes aswell ~__~
Old 2006-05-09, 17:15   Link #40
mistershow

I've gotten pretty good, they keep me busy on my morning commute!
mistershow is offline   Reply With Quote