Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
*Looks at Gin.*

Don't be too optimistic
Old 2011-10-05, 06:13   Link #22
rei_ayanami17
Agent 0017

.....and that is Captain Hitsugaya for you, *the end*

....Ugh, *sigh* seems like I'm reading boxing match......Hajime no Ippo? ......*sigh*.....don't really like that stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
So shall we start a discussion about another fantastic character that's been written out of the manga? I figure we could have at least one of these for every pointless chapter Kubo gives us till this "battle" is over.

Might I suggest Grimmjow? Or perhaps Nel? Hell, nobody likes Tousen so why not him? Or maybe we could delve into Urahara - is he really a good guy or is the ultimate criminal mastermind? So many possibilities!
That's nice My vote is for Nel!

Ichimaru Gin
Old 2011-10-05, 06:51   Link #23
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
I guess no one taught Shisho or whatever his name is, how to fly. Damn that was a boring fucking chapter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
You know, Ikkaku is the luckiest man in the series. I'm still befuddled as to why he ever appeared again beyond his initial defeat. He's not funny; he's not cool; his weapon is boring; he's unnecessarily bald; he's a little annoying; etc. Ikkaku has to be pretty damn lucky to appear so often considering how completely bland he is (imho).

Whatever the case, chapter looked good, and hopefully we'll finish the mini-boss battles next week.
I agree he's bland but I let him slide because I like Chinese fighters better than everyone. Chinese Kung Fu or GTFO!

Quote:
I wholly endorse that idea. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I keep getting this impression that Urahara isn't the good guy he's been made out to be. I mean SS kicked him out on his ass. That had to cause at least a bit of resentment? And all he's done since is "help" them when he doesn't seem to be benefiting from it in any way. Hmmm...
Urahara is chaotic neutral--he's not a good guy. In reality he's not that much different than Aizen and that's why Aizen was so disappointed in him. He's NOT a villain but he's not good either . Aizen & Urahara is like Light and L...

Well there is always episode 342
Old 2011-10-05, 07:35   Link #24
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Am I the only one who thinks that Urahara has Kyuubey vibes on him? Well, the fact that he doesn't truly belong on one side and his tendencies to move while the true protags fight the true antags.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-10-05, 08:16   Link #25
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that Urahara has Kyuubey vibes on him? Well, the fact that he doesn't truly belong on one side and his tendencies to move while the true protags fight the true antags.
If it was a proper deconstruction then definitely. As it stands I think it's mostly unintentional.
Old 2011-10-05, 08:18   Link #26
Langus
Optimus Prime

I think Urahara chooses the side that is most convenient for him to be on at any given moment while forwarding his own agenda (whatever that might be). We were never really told WHY he was creating the hougyoku to begin with, just that he had already created it. He must have had something in mind. Who's to say he hasn't been tediously working away at an alternate hougyoku type invention the entire time he's been banished to earth. With no SS duties he's certainly had an abundance of free time on his hands...

Ugh I'm really holding out hope but like Haak said, after the bungling of Gin's exit I don't have a lot of faith that Kubo will do me proud. If he's gonna go out, it'd better at least be with a bang is all I've gotta say.

On a separate note, I am loving all this love for my main gal Nel. I'm confident that she's still alive somewhere in HM and sexy as all hell. In adult form of course... Anyone ever figure out what the deal was between her and Noitora? The way they interacted with each other read like a strange sort of sibling rivalry that bordered on incest.
Old 2011-10-05, 08:21   Link #27
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by rei_ayanami17 View Post
....Ugh, *sigh* seems like I'm reading boxing match......Hajime no Ippo? ......*sigh*.....don't really like that stuff...
I'm guessing a proper boxing manga might do it a lot better than it was done here.
Old 2011-10-05, 08:23   Link #28
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
I wholly endorse that idea. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I keep getting this impression that Urahara isn't the good guy he's been made out to be. I mean SS kicked him out on his ass. That had to cause at least a bit of resentment? And all he's done since is "help" them when he doesn't seem to be benefiting from it in any way. Hmmm...
i see urahara as the shop owner he poses to be, a businessman. i could also liken him to a mad scientist. he does things solely for the purpose of watching them unfold in front of his eyes and if he could benefit from that the better. his natural curiosity is precisely what got him into trouble in the first place. but that's not the only thing that motivates him i think. we still don't know what are his true intentions but i doubt it's for the greater good. it would be nice if urahara is indeed not as clear cut as he was portrayed to be. but i doubt kubo went as far as to explore that side of him. if kubo decides to do so then kudos to him. i think urahara is one of the best characters he has ever created and it would be a damn shame if he just left him dormant like that. i guess we'll see what happens.
Old 2011-10-05, 08:28   Link #29
Langus
Optimus Prime

How much more interesting would it be if his hot sidekick was in on it all along? Damn... this could actually be good! A winning team of evil - kido master, mad scientist and former black ops leader.
Old 2011-10-05, 08:41   Link #30
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
How much more interesting would it be if his hot sidekick was in on it all along? Damn... this could actually be good! A winning team of evil - kido master, mad scientist and former black ops leader.
hmmm... i'm not too keen on the evil thing though. i would prefer it if kubo would just turn urahara into an adversary whose intentions and beliefs simply didn't coincide with that of ichigo's or soul society's for that matter. no more aizen please!

i think urahara's abilities are far scarier than that of aizen's. aizen was too wrapped up in his cloak of mystery that i had to look for a personality behind all that. my impression of aizen is that of a vain man whose ego is the size of grand canyon. he fell in love with himself and became obsessed with the idea of becoming a god for that's how he saw himself, a perfect and all-powerful being that no one could possibly match. but that's just me, no offense to his fans of course.

urahara is different though. we don't even know what motivates him. he's a volatile character whose dark side hasn't fully surfaced. at least with the likes of kenpachi and mayuri it's quite evident. we understand their volatility to an extent. but urahara, i couldn't quite explain it.
Old 2011-10-05, 09:49   Link #31
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It was certainly a nice looking chapter, which i believe that's all Bleach has going for it at the minute.
Yeah pretty much my sentiments exactly. Good chapter, but overall doesn't change the shitty corner Bleach dragged itself into.

Still I hope the next chapters follow up in this style, it wasn't a bad read this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Bleach has been pointless since the Soul Society arc ended. Sure, there was some plot involving Aizen going "just as planned" constantly, but the rest was chapter after chapter filled with drawn out pointless fighting punctuated by moments of cool.
For some of us the SS arc was pointless in itself, all it did was introduce a buttload a characters each and every one of them living in their own little world.
Old 2011-10-05, 10:21   Link #32
Casshern

So did Hitsu ask Yukio to close all the dimensions he opened or just the one they are in? I hope Riruka doesn't die because of those dumb rules.
Old 2011-10-05, 11:40   Link #33
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
For some of us the SS arc was pointless in itself, all it did was introduce a buttload a characters each and every one of them living in their own little world.
That's were the hype started, I think. The thought of superhumans banding together, with the good guys, to fight a common evil...
Old 2011-10-05, 11:58   Link #34
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
---.CASSHERN TEME!!! DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT.

No...please no Riruka MUST LIVE!
Quote:
I think Urahara chooses the side that is most convenient for him to be on at any given moment while forwarding his own agenda (whatever that might be). We were never really told WHY he was creating the hougyoku to begin with, just that he had already created it. He must have had something in mind. Who's to say he hasn't been tediously working away at an alternate hougyoku type invention the entire time he's been banished to earth. With no SS duties he's certainly had an abundance of free time on his hands...
Exactly that's why I said that he's not that different from Aizen. The only difference is, Aizen has a massive ego and Urahara doesn't. However, both had their own agendas. Both had no compunction with using anyone that was necessary to achieve what they desire.

Because they are not so different

Urahara is just not "Evil"....

In reality everyone in the Bleacherverse is merely their BITCHES pawns

...ever saw Jason and the Argonauts (I LOVE THAT CLASSIC) or heard of them? The gods were playing chess with the lives of the humans and lesser deities. Urahara & Aizen is doing the same.
Quote:
Anyone ever figure out what the deal was between her and Noitora? The way they interacted with each other read like a strange sort of sibling rivalry that bordered on incest.
I did. You wanna hear it? Noi and Nel's flashbacks was a hint that the Espada's powers, forms, and personalities were based on their aspects of death.
  • Chirichi was Sacrifice, and she was replaced by Harribel (numbers don't matter here)
  • Gantenbien was destruction and he was replaced by GJ (Again numbers don't matter here)
  • Dordonini was Intoxication (he was intoxicated by power) and he was replaced by Zomari (Yeah, the numbers don't matter here either)
  • Nel was "Loneliness" and she was replaced by Starrk (didn't I say the numbers didn't matter...THEY DIDN'T MATTER for those who would insist that they did)

Like I said So many times ..the numbers didn't matter...Aizen got rid of the older ones in favor of new ones that he customized with the Hougyoku . Noi used to ride on 10's. After Aizen introduced Noi to his homie Xhibit & the rest of Aizen's Pimp My Arrancar team--Noi was spinning on 20's. So he moved up in rank. Nel was cast out by Noi so Aizen replaced her with a new Loneliness Themed Arrancar. Except this one had more dead bodies than all the other Arrancar he found ( that's the Flashback)--so he was ranked as number 1 and then Aizen had to do a little shuffling ...

Now this is the part that Noi/Nel fans are probably going to hate me for...

If you think about her character and base form, it becomes clear that Nel's theme was loneliness.
She followed Ichigo because she didn't want to be "separated " from him. Noi's cryptic statement "Not everyone follows Aizen" wasn't just an insult--it was a clue to her aspect of death. It never made any sense as to why Nel would willingly follow Aizen when her character was pacifistic. (like Starrk) At least ,not at first--but it made sense in context once their aspects of death were revealed.

Noi DID NOT LOVE NEL....He hated her because she wouldn't let him die. Noi was a coward--he always used ambushes (partly because he's a mantis and that's what mantis do)--He wanted to die but he lacked the courage to off himself . He wanted to die because the bastard was steeped in despair. He had no faith or hope in Aizen or his plans. Nel was a woman and she was stronger than him which irked him, but that's only part of it. He had contempt for her, because she was a total "girl" and wouldn't even kill him. She wouldn't even give him a manly death--no wonder he's a mysoginst asshole. Edit: This why he got so mad her saying "I stopped because YOU did" when they met again and then compared her to Ichigo. If you remember he was always angriest when asking "Why did you save me?"
  • Do remember Nel saying "You are a CHILD" to Noi?
That was actually a Stealth Pun. because Nel was a Goat-Taur. She was a Chamois. Like wolves, Chamois are pack animals. The females herd with the "young"...Child is another way of saying KID. Baby goats are called "KIDS".
Nel used that as an excuse to follow him around despite her contempt for him.because she didn't want to be alone.
So saving a misogynistic asshole that she didn't even like, was better than being by herself. That's basically the gist of it...

Did that help any?

Last edited by Lord of Pandemonium; 2011-10-05 at 12:12.
Old 2011-10-05, 14:19   Link #35
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Honestly i just think everyone's misinterpretating Urahara's character. Kubo played up a mystery aura about him because there were obviously a lot of questions about him. Like how he had all these weird devices, why he knew so much about shinigami and hollow and what his relationship with Rukia was.

Then he later found out all we needed to about him from the TBTP arc so there was no mystery about him anymore. Since Kubo can't write for jack, he doesn't know what to do with an Urahara with no mystery (since the mystery aura is the main reason why everyone liked Urahara) so he kept the aura and now has him do mysterious things that end up being for good intentions. This is the second time he's done it now and it already feels like he's treading the same path so I'm guessing Kubo's already ran out of ideas and repeating old ones (thus reinforcing the idea that he doesn't really know what to do with him).

I don't think there's anything more to it than that. This stuff about Urahara possibly being evil or an antagonist or even close to evil is, imo, just a misinterpretation of the mystery aura Kubo likes to keep around him because he doesn't know what to do if he gets rid of it.
Old 2011-10-05, 15:38   Link #36
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

so who's left. Next chapter will be like rukia finding Riruka and then she will surrender or something. Than probably byakuya kills tschuima in like 2 chapters. Than ichigo kills ginjo in like 3-4 chapters.
Old 2011-10-07, 10:14   Link #37
Casshern

I think Urahara is still butthurt about getting trolled 100 years ago and has since resolved never to get trolled again, while dedicating his entire existence to becoming the ultimate troll of the universe.
Old 2011-10-07, 12:38   Link #38
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Good art, hopfully due to the "cussing" used in it, bleach will no longer be 13+ and will then be aimed at a higher age group. ide like it if kubo came up with some more.... mature, eg. Hellsing OVAs were aimed at a higher age group, so was death note. they did pretty well.

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2011-10-08, 06:38   Link #39
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

the cussing was a bit...over the top for Bleach standards...
Old 2011-10-08, 08:51   Link #40
Langus
Optimus Prime

Might just have been the translators this week. There aren't a whole lot of actual cuss words in Japanese, mostly just ones that you infer how serious they mean it by how it's spoken.