Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-24, 03:57   Link #1941
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
No, people will complain about everything and anything. We could live in Utopia and someone would complain that the sky isn't blue enough and that the weather is a touch too mild, and the birds chirp too damn much. And who the hell is playing those damn harps!?
Hey, complaining isn't bad. It reflects the universal fact that nothing is ever perfect. And those repeated complaining sometimes indicate that there is indeed a problem. You might not have any downtime or anything, but some people might not have the same smooth experience despite having paid the same amount of money for it.
Old 2012-05-24, 05:36   Link #1942
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Hey, complaining isn't bad. It reflects the universal fact that nothing is ever perfect. And those repeated complaining sometimes indicate that there is indeed a problem. You might not have any downtime or anything, but some people might not have the same smooth experience despite having paid the same amount of money for it.
It is indeed not bad, when it's repeated by numerous amount of people. When you see only a few keep bringing the same stuff up, then it's better to check the problem from both ends, instead of pointing the finger to one side only.
Old 2012-05-24, 06:09   Link #1943
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
It is indeed not bad, when it's repeated by numerous amount of people. When you see only a few keep bringing the same stuff up, then it's better to check the problem from both ends, instead of pointing the finger to one side only.
I am aware. You told me to stop talking because I lost the right to complain once I paid for the game.

Frankly, I will stop talking about the issues when they stop happening. This includes the absurd scenario that Blizzard has the right to tell me when and where I am allowed to play the game I bought. Like just now; being told that I have 4 minutes to quit before the server shuts down.
(It doesn't help that I am on the Americas server as Blizzard wanted, as an Australian. This means when they intentionally scheduled server maintenance, they pick the times when Americans are not playing... Which would be when I am playing.)

On an unrelated note, it is absurd how cheap medium end items are. Sure, the end game items have countless zeros in them. But for someone still near Act 3 Normal, stuff I could outright buy in the Auction House for under 4000 gold is absurdly overpowered. Not that I am complaining. I am sure things will change once I get higher in the game difficulty.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2012-05-24 at 06:42.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 07:05   Link #1944
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Hahaha, Oh my god... this is my third time sending them a ticket and getting a email later saying they "Answered" my problem, Yet.. I still have a god damn Authenticator on my account! Are they even reading the damn problem?

When I get a hold of these idiots I'm gonna chew them out on the phone...
Old 2012-05-24, 07:36   Link #1945
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
When the servers are down, do you know what I do? I shrug, figure Blizzard will fix it in a few, and go find something else to do. If for some reason the downtime lasts for a day or more, I know Blizzard is good enough to compensate me for it. Yeah I'll rage a bit, especially if I planned to play the whole day. But my life isn't so devoid of shit to do that if it ain't Diablo, I'm twiddling my thumbs.
To be fair, some of the users are new to Diablo 3's model and aren't used to the always online requirement. For folks who played MMOs and any other online only games, it's pretty much part and parcel of our gaming routine. I got a few games just waiting for me with puppy eyes begging me to play with em when battle.net goes down.

Anyway the internet rage have not boiled over to the point where people send cupcakes to Blizzard yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Yet again...

Since vanilla WoW release this has happened a lot.
Blizzard have been improving over the years since vanilla WoW. With every subsequent expansion, the downtime after launch is shorter. I think WoW was the biggest leap in terms of support service requirement and the sheer volume users on launch that Blizzard ever faced. And not to mention it only sold 400k during the first month(?) which is a paltry sum compare to Diablo 3 when it comes to a brand new release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
AH for farmed items are always limited in inflation by the drop rate. It's too high, people just farm them instead of buying from players. Blacksmithing is redundant and superceded. The only thing that blacksmithing system would control is if there were items that can be bought only with real money or manufactured and are not attainable from the loot table.

Raidcall is okay but honestly, I'm sick of the variety of group-voice chatting utilities. It's too many ,and I don't understand why people would go out of their way to use some software that nobody else uses. I have raidcall, google, skype, teamspeak, ventrilo, mumble and I'd still find guilds telling me they use some software that I've never heard of which makes me rip my hair out at the thought of it Dx. I usually just ditch the entire group and find another group that uses something more conventional. I also don't play with any irl friend that uses something I don't have. It's not that I have anything against them r their program. Just that I don't like installing so many programs that do the same thing.

Google's an exception, call anywhere in North America for free
Blacksmithing still gives a bit more control in the stats rolling for item generation. While no doubt people will farm for their own gear if the market becomes too expensive, there's always trash drops to salvage and you can "gamble" with it for something suitable for your need via blacksmithing.

It's a pain when it comes to voice comm, I wish someday someone will come up with an universal protocol/format for voice comm so I don't need all these programs installed on my damn PC but till that day comes, we ll just have to suck it. We tried Google and skype, it didn't work out for us. Google was too laggy while skype lacks a push to talk function. Raidcall seems to work well for me now plus it's free so i m sticking with it till i find the need to fork out the money for server rental with other provider like TS or vent.

Quote:
Yep, complaining or i should say feedback is good. Without user feedback, no service would ever improve. However, the problem with gaming feedback is in the way it's presented that paints the gaming community as rather immature and unfortunately, it's usually the obnoxious feedbacks that draws most of the attention.
Old 2012-05-24, 07:52   Link #1946
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
To be fair, some of the users are new to Diablo 3's model and aren't used to the always online requirement.
Neither should I ever had to "get used to it".

I didn't choose to have this always online requirement. Part of the argument had been "everyone's got internet, so what's the difference"? And now, we see the difference. Blizzard dragged me in to the MMO group. So I will say what I want whether the MMO people like to hear it or not. Blame Blizzard that I can't segregate myself.
Old 2012-05-24, 08:35   Link #1947
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post

I didn't choose to have this always online requirement. Part of the argument had been "everyone's got internet, so what's the difference"? And now, we see the difference. Blizzard dragged me in to the MMO group. So I will say what I want whether the MMO people like to hear it or not. Blame Blizzard that I can't segregate myself.
You choose to purchase the game knowing it's online only and you don't own the IP so pray tell, how did Blizzard choose for you by designing their own product as they see fit .
Old 2012-05-24, 08:37   Link #1948
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post

You chose it, though. It was presented that way for more than a year, and you still chose it.
Old 2012-05-24, 09:17   Link #1949
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Why doesn't allow offline single-player though, really?

Less burden on the server and the number of VCV's line of complaint would be cut down considerably.

Oh, because there's the real money AH I guess. Unless Blizzard has a super dupe detector, that's prone to abuse with offline hacked items. D2 had Rust Storm, didn't it?
Old 2012-05-24, 09:24   Link #1950
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Why doesn't allow offline single-player though, really?

Less burden on the server and the number of VCV's line of complaint would be cut down considerably.
DRM, AH, and they want to associate all of their games with Battle.net.
Old 2012-05-24, 10:15   Link #1951
Nixl

Quote:
Blizzard sold 6.3 million copies of Diablo 3, and it is the second fastest selling game of all time (behind Modern Warfare 3's 6.5 million spread across multiple platforms). This doesn't even include the 1.2 million "free" copies from the Annual Pass promotion. Source: Engadget

Suffice to say, Blizzards servers got hammered. People can complain, but the logistics of this launch are staggering. Most analysts were predicting D3 would sell that much in a year, not a week. Lifetime sales of D2 hover around 4 million and that game has been around for 12 years. As the cliched phrase goes, Blizzard was the victim of its own success.
6.3 million? Good god.

I was thinking 3 million, maybe even 4 million sold, but 6.3 million plus another 1.2 million, no wonder the servers are shit at times.
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 10:31   Link #1952
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
How on earth did D3 get that much attention? I mean Diablo's older fanbase wasn't that big and I found the non-beta content before release to be mediocre. I mean non-beta because it's only for blizzard customers and I doubt the 6.3 million sales are all purchased by old school blizzard fans.

I can totally imagine people who don't play Dungeon Crawl or previous diablo games to look at this game and compare it shallowly with like BF3 or Skyrim or like Assassin's Creed and then think 'why would I buy this". I've seen a LOT of ridiculous cross-genre comparisons at just about everywhere @_@

*EDIT: Nvm, I forgot about Blizzard + Asia. Most of the 'popular' games in the west do not have an asian fanbase unlike Blizzard games.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 10:36   Link #1953
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
This makes me lament the fact that we can't play as a Paladin class. Sure we already have the Barbarian as a heavy melee class, and the Monk as the "holy" warrior. But having a Holy Knight Warrior class both gameplay and aesthetics-wise would be a nice addition to the game, something like a playable Templar follower.
That's basically what I've been wanting. I like Diablo 3 and all but I'm unhappy there's no longer a character with that "armored knight" aesthetic that isn't playable. But Blizzard's Diablo team seems to be head-over-heels with the Barbarians.
Old 2012-05-24, 10:51   Link #1954
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
How on earth did D3 get that much attention? I mean Diablo's older fanbase wasn't that big and I found the non-beta content before release to be mediocre. I mean non-beta because it's only for blizzard customers and I doubt the 6.3 million sales are all purchased by old school blizzard fans.

I can totally imagine people who don't play Dungeon Crawl or previous diablo games to look at this game and compare it shallowly with like BF3 or Skyrim or like Assassin's Creed and then think 'why would I buy this". I've seen a LOT of ridiculous cross-genre comparisons at just about everywhere @_@

*EDIT: Nvm, I forgot about Blizzard + Asia. Most of the 'popular' games in the west do not have an asian fanbase unlike Blizzard games.
Because of the Blizzard brand name. At this point, many people will simply buy the game because Blizzard made it whether it's a genre they like or not. Between WoW and Starcraft, it's got a lot of brand recognition outside the gaming circle.

Early purchases are more about hype, recognition and marketing than actual game quality and even moreso with Diablo 3 that doesn't have pre-release review copies.

And as you said, the Asia market which many publisher have not fully exploit yet with maybe the exception of Bioware for SWTOR.
Old 2012-05-24, 11:01   Link #1955
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Just looked at some gameplay videos to see if I can handle the amount of blood/gore and it seems bearable at least for Act 1 Yes, I'm not a big fan of this stuff (be it in VNs or games), but was fine with the ignorable amount in D2 (seeing that Act 2 - 4 you had mostly non-"bleeding" enemies).
The female barbarian looks very ugly for me, as if they just used the male model and "feminised" it, for a lack of better words. The german Demon Hunter VA sounds quite nice, though.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 12:21   Link #1956
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
The female barbarian looks very ugly for me, as if they just used the male model and "feminised" it, for a lack of better words. The german Demon Hunter VA sounds quite nice, though.
She may not be easy on the eyes, but it is a somewhat more realistic portrayal of a musclebound, physically strong female warrior, instead of the super-supermodels that's been dominating in media for a while now. Note that the physically strong female characters in DIII are visibly muscular as with the Barbarian and Monk, whereas the ones who aren't expected to be as physically fit are the ones who get to look sexy, ex. Wizard and Demon Hunter.

And while we're at it, have some fanart I found:

Spoiler for Demon Hunter:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-05-24 at 14:38.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 12:31   Link #1957
DuoRanger
Banned

maybe im getting old, or my gaming preferences changed over these years....

but i know that diablo 3 its a good game, but im seeing only as a WoW Hack n' Slash.

or my eternal rage against everything that blizzard did after Wotlk and SC2 is doing this.
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 12:32   Link #1958
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^ cool lol, I did have a bad ass male DH fanart but who gives a shit about that right? XD actually I can't upload it for some dumb reason.
Old 2012-05-24, 12:39   Link #1959
Nixl

As far as difficulty, I do not think normal being too easy is as much as a problem as the leap from normal to nightmare, which might surprise people, especially the added magical effects.

One thing I definitely do believe Blizzard did right was to create a much more prominent risk/reward in regards to loot. Bosses are the safest route, but do not provide the greatest payout compared to champion/rare packs at times. Rare packs and champion mobs are far more unpredictable and risky at times than bosses, especially when you have to deal with other creatures in the zone as well.

Furthermore, the treasure goblin, although goofy, rewards players that can pull off killing it amidst whatever the goblin runs into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoRanger View Post
maybe im getting old, or my gaming preferences changed over these years....

but i know that diablo 3 its a good game, but im seeing only as a WoW Hack n' Slash.

or my eternal rage against everything that blizzard did after Wotlk and SC2 is doing this.
Can you explain what makes it look WoW to you? I am rather curious.

Because if it is the color palette, I am pretty sure all Blizzard games from Starcraft 1 and Warcraft 1/2 had exaggerated color schemes. The cartoony vibe is not new and in cases allows them to let their current games run on shit computers that shouldn't be running anything.
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 12:47   Link #1960
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Furthermore, the treasure goblin, although goofy, rewards players that can pull off killing it amidst whatever the goblin runs into.
Aaaah the treasure goblin. Players go gaga when they see them and then chase after it, damned be anything that get in the way of getting their loot!

... only to run across a Champion Invulnerable Minions/Molten/Electrified mob along the way and get totally and utterly slaughtered

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler