AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-08-17, 15:20   Link #101
Ayame
Inuzuka Kiba Glomper

o_o right, back to Naruto couples. Who do you guys think are good couples?
I think KibaxHinata and ShikamaruxIno are good couples
Ayame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 16:29   Link #102
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
I like you, Ayame. (those are my favourite pairings)

Oh, and that episode title isn't "Shikamaru Impressed!" It's "Shikamaru Stumbles!"
As in, he messes up, and/or is a lazy bastard who doesn't want to fight.

I do think that there's a possibility for either pairing, though there are way more ShikaIno hints than ShikaTema, IMO. People just don't realize them. It seems to me to be amore one sided, though. That Shikamaru likes Ino, but maybe he'll start to like Temari, making Ino jealous, ect. Giving up on Sasuke, who is an evil bastard.
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 16:42   Link #103
Dalavita
Jounin

Eh sorry some guy wrote Shikamaru impressed and I was to lazy to find out for myself (just like Shikamaru).
Dalavita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 16:45   Link #104
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidoriShinobi
I do think that there's a possibility for either pairing, though there are way more ShikaIno hints than ShikaTema, IMO. People just don't realize them.
Where are these ShikaIno hints of yours?
Old 2004-08-17, 17:18   Link #105
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
Where are these ShikaIno hints of yours?
I'm pretty sure I've listed them way back in the begining of this thread, but the biggest one is after Shikamaru's match, when Ino is cheering for Sasuke, and he thinks to himself "He actually tried hard, and she's already moved back on to Sasuke.. Poor Shikamaru.." I hardly see how him half-smiling at Temari is a bigger hint than that. Also, when Ino smiled said he looked cute in the chuunin vest, he blushed. He never blushed when Temari smiled at him.
Old 2004-08-17, 17:48   Link #106
Dalavita
Jounin

And the time when Ino admires Shikamaru while talking to Chouji when Shikamaru is battling Temari. You can see her eyes sparkle.

Episode 64 05:17 - 05:46 might be a good example. (anbu&aone version)

I'm sure there are plenty more but I can't think of any now. I'm going to write down any pairing hintings I can find when I start my Naruto marathon when Naruto reaches episode 100.

Oh, and I want to see Shikamarus 16 hit combo that Ino mentions 2 times :P It sounds kickass. I can imagine him kicking people's ass tekken style
Dalavita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 18:57   Link #107
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidoriShinobi
I'm pretty sure I've listed them way back in the begining of this thread, but the biggest one is after Shikamaru's match, when Ino is cheering for Sasuke, and he thinks to himself "He actually tried hard, and she's already moved back on to Sasuke.. Poor Shikamaru.."
Shikamaru would never be that selfish! It's Chouji who says that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalavita
I'm sure there are plenty more but I can't think of any now. I'm going to write down any pairing hintings I can find when I start my Naruto marathon when Naruto reaches episode 100.
Great! We'll also do one after Naruto reaches 130, seeing as Temari has only just been introduced.
Old 2004-08-17, 21:02   Link #108
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
Shikamaru would never be that selfish! It's Chouji who says that. Great! We'll also do one after Naruto reaches 130, seeing as Temari has only just been introduced.
Crap, I meant to write that Chouji thinks to himself. >_>;; Sorry, that was a typo. It's still a hint, though!

Oh, and Temari wasn't "just introduced".. where have you been? She just wasn't focused on, and neither has Ino, unless you count the Sakura/Ino flashbacks, but I think those were more for Sakura's sake.. and yeah, I think when Ino is saying how "sometimes, he really lets himself get hot about some things!!" and her eyes are sparkling. I think she likes guys who are ambitious, like Sasuke. X3

Last edited by MidoriShinobi; 2004-08-17 at 21:17.
Old 2004-08-18, 05:07   Link #109
Rotweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayame
I know I know, It's just on this fanfiction site, a lot of Naruto fanfictions are /male/male or female/female fanfics, I just think that is weird o_o.
Ugh, no it's not. Have you forgot that you're actually watching/reading a series that promotes tolerance to everyone regardless of what they are? Naruto has always been prosecuted by the people in his village because he is different. At the end of the day, the series always show that the fact he's different from others shoud not be an issue. At the end of the day, what counts is his action towards others. Not what you are or your sexuality, for that matter.

Not to mention that the series does often feature some elements that suggests the relationship are mentioned above on top of the usual het relationship. The fact is, for some of these characters, their 'most important person' (which in Japanese term often means their loved one), are often people who have the same gender as the person who have that feeling. And Kishimoto clearly intended the extent of that feeling to be as ambiguous as possible for some of the characters.

To me, even if some of the characters are revealed to have sexual preference that is different than mine, that does not make them any less great. Try to grow up and judge characters (and real people) not by what they are but what they do. If you can't be mature and handle something as complicated and complex as human feelings, then it's your decision. But you have to wonder whether or not your ideal conflicts with that of the series, which clearly promotes tolerance as one of its main story.

Last edited by Rotweiler; 2004-08-18 at 09:30.
Rotweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 09:53   Link #110
SanttuH
Don't you *beep* with her

Wouldn't the shadow clone go "boof"?
SanttuH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 11:37   Link #111
Kinjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanttuH
Wouldn't the shadow clone go "boof"?

Well you dont have to beat the crap out of your partner or am I wrong?
Kinjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 11:40   Link #112
kakash1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanttuH
More or less, we did stay on the topic. Whether you like it or not some people like yaoi/yuri pairings, and there isn't a thing you can do to it. As someone said, you'd probably be all "GAME ON HELL YEAH!" if you saw two girls doing it, but then when there is twice the manmeat... well, we just saw the result.

I'd really like to see you to actually answer to one of our posts with something else than "omfgbbq u r soooooo gay imma outta heeere!"
Eh, one can always dream, aye.
Lol Santtuh sorry, didnt think anyone would get angry. Iwas just joking about that. Oh well sorry to anyone who i offended.
kakash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 11:51   Link #113
gangsta905_04
AnimeSuki's #1 criminal

Send a message via MSN to gangsta905_04
last nite me sakura, and temari had a 3some...oh man its was amazing :P
gangsta905_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 18:21   Link #114
Voltage
若い雷

Send a message via AIM to Voltage
When the big hand touched the little hand huh?
Voltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 19:10   Link #115
yinstro

ehh its all well and nice to say we should love the charachters inspite of their sexuality but really most the charachters in the series have either shown no interest for either, or clear interest in non gay pairings. So while its fine to joke about gay encounters, when someone says they would go illll at a gay pairing and would alter the show for them, its really not shocking, and after all the show they have chosen to watch has not represented this.

and some of your pairings are pretty hmmm how to say.. cross culture? i mean if you seriously think a 13 year old and a 30 year old are apt pairings... at least conceed the possibility that people will be like wtf...

as far as the manmeat ves lesbian angle, ill admit im biased. You see im attracted to women so more women equals more fun. Not attacted to guys so man meat = at best complete lack of interest.

But this is just my 2 cents people will do as they will
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 13:13   Link #116
Mika

Quote:
Originally Posted by SajberToent
Hey, for like 90 eps anime and 223 chaps manga we've seen

"Hi, I'm naruto and I will become Hokage! If I can believe in myself anything is possible!"

and "I'm Sasuke, I have to get strong to kill my brother!!"

... and quite frankly, I'm getting a bit sick of it.. Soo - I was wondering if there was a possibility for maybe a little romance in Naruto? Hmm, could there be something going on between Temari and Shikamaru? My guess is that if we get to see -any- romance at all it would proberly be something with thoose two.. . Considering that Naruto is a baka and Hinata-chan is shy we proberly won't see anything between thoose two until I hit my fourties (17 now)...

How likely do you guys think it is that we'll see some romance in Naruto? And have you got any theories on who we would see together? Hmm, I'm still convinced that we'll see Naruto and Sasuke as a couple within' the near future..

(Think about it, Sasuke's first kiss? They're always squabbling like an old married couple, Sasuke sacrificed himself for Naruto when they were fighting Haku - and by doing that he was also sacrificing what to him matters the most *or does it?* - his revange on Itachi. Btw - who can resist that Naruto smile? It's not like Jiraya's, but still... unrestistable.. )

I know this is an old post but you do know that it is a shonen series right...fighting, honour and all that jazz...its not a freakin romance novel.
Mika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 14:59   Link #117
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Relax. She didn't say she wanted the entire focus to shift to romantic relationships. Besides, most shounen series have some bit of romance in them anyway. Naruto is such a character driven series that there will probably be some sort of couple down the line.

I'm in the TemaShika boat. There was an awful lot of foreshadowing and focus before the
Spoiler:
on the way Shikamaru feels about women. I'd like to see a debate between them.
Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 15:13   Link #118
Ayame
Inuzuka Kiba Glomper

You know, I haven't seen an single ShikaxTemari hint. I saw some ShikaxIno hints though. I have no idea how you all come to the idea of ShikaxTemari.
Temari sucks by the way, but that's not the reason I don't like ShikaxTemari o_o
Ayame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 15:29   Link #119
Mika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas
Relax. She didn't say she wanted the entire focus to shift to romantic relationships. Besides, most shounen series have some bit of romance in them anyway. Naruto is such a character driven series that there will probably be some sort of couple down the line.

I'm in the TemaShika boat. There was an awful lot of foreshadowing and focus before the
Spoiler:
on the way Shikamaru feels about women. I'd like to see a debate between them.

I think that Jiayia should get some .. as for a love plot I think Naruto should hook up with Hinata...shes so cute
Mika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 23:17   Link #120
yaoi_witchchan
GO Pr0n!!!!

Send a message via AIM to yaoi_witchchan
First off, NaruHina is a no-no for me.

And if my name doesn't say ot, Yaoi is GREAT!!!!!11111

I like most pairings that would go great with each other. SasuNaru/NaruSasu is not one of them. That one sucks.

Kotetsu and Izumo, for example, works.

Het works, too.

But that's all fan, that won't work for main characters. Only side characters that we have basically no idea about. (Like Kotetsu and Izumo)

What could be cannon is Kurenai and Asuma.

While:

Spoiler:
yaoi_witchchan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
official pairings