AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-12-18, 05:43   Link #581
magnuskn

Nice, S2 approved (hopefully another full cour) and some movies as well.

I can only hope that Loid and Yor can get a real relationship on one of those days. They are so sweet together, when Loid turns off his analytical mind for a damn minute.
Old 2022-12-18, 07:11   Link #582
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I'm a bit concerned that the movie will be just another "anime-original penned by author" like it is popular nowerdays. They tend to be hit or miss. I would have preferred adaptation of one of big arcs instead, like the current one or Cruise arc.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2022-12-18 at 08:29.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-18, 08:00   Link #583
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
I'm a bit concerned that the movie will be just another "anime-original penned by author" like it is popular noverdays. They tend to be hit or miss. I would have preferred adaptation of one of big arcs instead, like the current one or Cruise arc.
I'd rather it be an anime original story (and it already has been confirmed that's the case) than a canon one though, since we ordinary folks have to wait a year for those movies to come out in Blu-ray. That's the reason I'm always bummed when the continuation of anime I like is announced to be a movie.
Old 2022-12-18, 08:29   Link #584
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

They receive screenings more often nowerdays. But yeah, good argument.
Old 2022-12-18, 13:53   Link #585
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
I'm a bit concerned that the movie will be just another "anime-original penned by author" like it is popular nowerdays. They tend to be hit or miss. I would have preferred adaptation of one of big arcs instead, like the current one or Cruise arc.
I can't wait for anime original girl/boy who is central to the plot .
Old 2022-12-18, 18:23   Link #586
Wandering Soul

Season 2 is no surprise but the movie is a bit of one. I wonder if it will be anime original or a an adaption of an upcoming arc.
Old 2022-12-18, 18:50   Link #587
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
This is the biggest commercial blockbuster in animanga since TR got adapted, so a movie or three was inevitable.
I'm wracking my brain on what "TR" could possibly stand for and coming up with nothing.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-18, 19:12   Link #588
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
I'm wracking my brain on what "TR" could possibly stand for and coming up with nothing.
I actually have no clue either

Biggest commercial blockbuster in animanga would be Demon Slayer.
Old 2022-12-18, 19:29   Link #589
Frontier

Tokyo Revengers ?
Old 2022-12-18, 19:41   Link #590
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'd rather it be an anime original story (and it already has been confirmed that's the case) than a canon one though, since we ordinary folks have to wait a year for those movies to come out in Blu-ray. That's the reason I'm always bummed when the continuation of anime I like is announced to be a movie.
I'm in agreement there. We are seeing some anime movies getting a limited theatrical release over here, but it's not that common. I still get uneasy when anime movies are announced for ongoing shows I'm enjoying. But if it's an original story then it doesn't matter when I get to see it and can look forward to season 2 without concern.
Old 2022-12-18, 20:40   Link #591
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Tokyo Revengers ?
Well, yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I actually have no clue either

Biggest commercial blockbuster in animanga would be Demon Slayer.
Yes. And Tokyo Revengers (and JJK for that matter) both had adaptations start later, TR most recently. It was #1 in terms of manga/anime direct revenue generation of anything which premiered after JJK, and SxF is #1 of anything that’s premiered after TR (yes, bigger than Chainsaw Man).

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2022-12-20 at 08:54. Reason: Please use the “edit” button to add content to your post instead of double posting.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-19, 01:25   Link #592
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I can only hope that Loid and Yor can get a real relationship on one of those days. They are so sweet together, when Loid turns off his analytical mind for a damn minute.
Not unless they come clean with each other first about what they are (which is very hard considering their jobs & who they work for). Having a relationship or romantic moments based on lies won't get them anywhere genuine. It'll only lead to surface-level amusement.
Old 2022-12-19, 05:08   Link #593
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Gad Dem!
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-19, 06:43   Link #594
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I guess the author isn't trying to give the main cast an actual romantic relationship considering they are still making gags after 24 episodes. Kinda like Gintoki who ended forever alone after 70+ volumes
Old 2022-12-19, 10:33   Link #595
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Not unless they come clean with each other first about what they are (which is very hard considering their jobs & who they work for). Having a relationship or romantic moments based on lies won't get them anywhere genuine. It'll only lead to surface-level amusement.
I think it's fair to say that despite the fact that the Forger Family is all keeping big secrets from each other, the genuine familial love and bond between the two of them is growing by the episode .
Old 2022-12-19, 12:38   Link #596
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
I think it's fair to say that despite the fact that the Forger Family is all keeping big secrets from each other, the genuine familial love and bond between the two of them is growing by the episode .
Yor is still a, apparently state, assassin and currently not willing to quit, despite there no longer being any necessity, given the reason she started.

Loid on the other hand wants to stop bloodshed from happening to begin with.
And frankly, I can totally see her next job being "assassinate Loid Forger" or "assassinate Twilight.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-19, 13:45   Link #597
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Yor is still a, apparently state, assassin and currently not willing to quit, despite there no longer being any necessity, given the reason she started.

And frankly, I can totally see her next job being "assassinate Loid Forger" or "assassinate Twilight.
Without spoilers, let's just say Yors situation was addressed in the manga later.
Old 2022-12-20, 14:21   Link #598
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
As is the power of money because holy crap, booking an entire store for the whole day? How rich you gotta be for that? And I bet that store made more money due that one Becky visit then they do in a whole week of normal business. xD
Loid and company rented an entire amusement park in season one, episode five just to keep Anya amused.

Quote:
The family scenes are the best part of this show for me.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-21, 15:09   Link #599
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post

Seems like there is plenty of necessity still. Her motivations may have started to provide necessary funds to keep her brother alive, but she obviously picked up additional reasons as time went on. Hardly seems like she just enjoys killing so much that she can't quit the job. Or that she fears being hunted down if she left. Not when she was unconcerned about taking on what she thought was the secret police.

Said herself in episode 3 that she believes the work she does helps the people of that city. So at the very least she seems certain her work is helping keep the peace. Loid and Yor seem to have very similar intentions. Just that her job always leads to bloodshed while his job only sometimes leads to bloodshed. Both seem very willing to do whatever it takes.

Yor's situation is interesting since it hasn't been explored very deeply. We don't really have a great grasp so far on the organization she's working for. Are they connected to the government? Are they just working under their own authority seeking to protect the state from "traitors?" Honestly, I don't know.

I don't expect she'll be sent after Loid anytime soon. Though it could happen near the end of the story for dramatic tension. No reason for Loid to be targeted by secret police or shadowy assassin organizations. Gives the appearance of a pretty normal and well liked psychologist. And Yor seems (from what we've seen) to be sent after concrete targets at specific locations. When no one can get a grasp on Twilight's identity or location she's probably not going to be sent after a mysterious spy called Twilight in the near future.
Old 2022-12-21, 20:03   Link #600
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yor's situation is interesting since it hasn't been explored very deeply. We don't really have a great grasp so far on the organization she's working for. Are they connected to the government? Are they just working under their own authority seeking to protect the state from "traitors?" Honestly, I don't know.
If they were connected to the government, Yor wouldn't need to worry about the Secret Police arresting her. It's very possible Yor has been brainwashed/tricked into thinking what she's doing helps the country and she's actually working for the mob. I doubt she does much research on her targets, she just uses the information provided to her.

Tags
action, bondman, comedy, espionage, james bond, secret agency