AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

View Poll Results: Kannagi - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 26 30.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 29.76%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 23.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.19%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-24, 11:08   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Kannagi - Episode 4 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kannagi, Episode 4.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2008-10-24, 14:10   Link #2
Solafighter
Hige

Cant wait, cant wait.
Old 2008-10-24, 15:58   Link #3
Westlo
Lets be reality

I know it was short but I wasn't really feeling Hanazawa Kana's performance of Zange at the end of last episode, hopefully she can sell me on her this episode. From only reading the manga I liked Zange better than Nagi but Tomatsu Haruka's stellar performance as Nagi has put her ahead with the anime.
Old 2008-10-25, 01:08   Link #4
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I know it was short but I wasn't really feeling Hanazawa Kana's performance of Zange at the end of last episode, hopefully she can sell me on her this episode. From only reading the manga I liked Zange better than Nagi but Tomatsu Haruka's stellar performance as Nagi has put her ahead with the anime.
Aye... Nagi's VA has really upped the bar so I'd think there is a lot of pressure on Hanazawa-san to create an equally dynamic "kami" personality.
Old 2008-10-25, 02:55   Link #5
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Aye... Nagi's VA has really upped the bar so I'd think there is a lot of pressure on Hanazawa-san to create an equally dynamic "kami" personality.
yah, i actually kinda liked nagi's voice, it's not high-pitched and it's kinda full/whole
Old 2008-10-25, 10:39   Link #6
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Arererere? Is it just me, or did the amount of snacks in the fridge increase in the anime? Wasn't there less in the manga...?

Spoiler for ep4:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-10-25, 13:51   Link #7
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

No worries about Hanazawa Kana. She seems to be working from Zange's fake-nice voice outwards, so she can start where she's comfortable. I have no problem with the voice, since I haven't read much of the manga. But it does make me wonder if maybe they originally planned to have Kana-chan do Nagi and Tomatsu do Zange -- their voices would seem more suitable that way -- but were knocked out by Tomatsu at the audition and switched them. There was apparently a rumor that it took a long time to cast this show.

Perhaps I wasn't quite as bowled over by this episode as by previous ones, but still enjoyed it a lot. In this ep, I felt a sudden breath of wonder at Sawashiro Miyuki's performance in the last few minutes of the ep. Really great. Tomatsu slipping back and forth from natural testy kami to ojousama there was a trip, too.

I note that in the final credits, there are only eight key animators named. Whereas there were over twenty for ep3. That might explain the comparative simplicity of the animation. Not as simple as most shows, but simpler than we have become used to in this one.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-10-25, 13:53   Link #8
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep4:
Spoiler for Ep4:
Old 2008-10-25, 13:57   Link #9
anselfir
Style Über Alles

that delicious little nun
Old 2008-10-25, 17:47   Link #10
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I forsee a lot of yuri or threesome doujin materials out from that shed scene. Hehehehehe

To be serious, Nagi's twin is quite conceited. She is almost exact opposite of Nagi and I don't get it, why is she competing for Jin?
Old 2008-10-25, 19:40   Link #11
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
I forsee a lot of yuri or threesome doujin materials out from that shed scene. Hehehehehe

To be serious, Nagi's twin is quite conceited. She is almost exact opposite of Nagi and I don't get it, why is she competing for Jin?
She said why this episode, it's what both her and Hakua want
Old 2008-10-25, 20:08   Link #12
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Hmmmmm, so it is for whimsical reason that she decided to hit on him.
Old 2008-10-25, 20:14   Link #13
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Hmmmmm, so it is for whimsical reason that she decided to hit on him.
Hakua knows Jin from somewhere
Old 2008-10-25, 20:40   Link #14
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Finally got to checked the manga... As I thought, Zange didn't go so far as to say
Spoiler for ep4:

in the manga...
I wonder if this will lead to anime-original material?

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-10-25, 20:47   Link #15
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Finally got to checked the manga... As I thought, Zange didn't go so far as to say
Spoiler for ep4:

in the manga...
I wonder if this will lead to anime-original material?
Didn't she just mean she's staying over for the night?
Old 2008-10-25, 21:19   Link #16
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I knew it would happen soon. Kannagi has just passed Toradora as the most posted-about new show (i.e., not a new season of an old show) on 2channel. It's approximately 200 posts ahead: just into its 32nd thread while Toradora's just ending its 31st (i.e., about 31,100 posts to 30,900).

Toradora had its 4th episode last Wednesday, Kannagi's just aired less than twelve hours ago. Toradora was several threads ahead early in the season, but Kannagi has been catching up. Here is my blog post giving 2channel popularity of fall season shows as of several days ago.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-10-25, 21:31   Link #17
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
It is natural. After all Kannagi is made much better than Toradora (even from only VA and animation views), so it is not that big of surprise. Better animes may start slower due to initial popularity lack, but will surpass the not so good ones (can't say taht Torodora is a bad one, but definitely Kannagi is much better)
Old 2008-10-25, 22:18   Link #18
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Didn't she just mean she's staying over for the night?
No, I believe she said that she would be staying there from this night on (konya kara).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I knew it would happen soon. Kannagi has just passed Toradora as the most posted-about new show (i.e., not a new season of an old show) on 2channel. It's approximately 200 posts ahead: just into its 32nd thread while Toradora's just ending its 31st (i.e., about 31,100 posts to 30,900).
Fuh, as expected of Kannagi.

Old 2008-10-26, 00:32   Link #19
Ottocycle

End shot. Hinoue Itaru?! They sure are pulling out the stops, but LB!-ish Nagi isn't really to my taste...
Old 2008-10-26, 01:15   Link #20
Falkor

Quote:
may god bless these doujins...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post

Toradora had its 4th episode last Wednesday, Kannagi's just aired less than twelve hours ago. Toradora was several threads ahead early in the season, but Kannagi has been catching up. Here is my blog post giving 2channel popularity of fall season shows as of several days ago.
Kannagi defied the odds by getting a sub-forum...

so it shouldn't be that surprising if the show is slowly becoming more popular among the denizens of 2ch--given the overall quality, the animation, the characters, the voice acting, the dynamics, etc, etc... It's only here on AS where I don't really see Kannagi as popular--or attracting as much fuss--but that may change very soon...

some short impressions

+ a conflict starts to take shape
+ a “dangerous” relationship develops between Zange and Jin.
+ hopefully no more girls are going to join Jin’s harem, geez…
+ still listening/watching the opening/ending sequence…
+ guys, that’s too much sauce on your food.
+ guys, get a better diet already; it’s not that healthy.

short impressions on Zange

+ sister cosplay is a huge plus.
+ awesome licking skills.
+ eating cake was never this fun.

What was going on inside of Jin’s head after opening the “forbidden door” to the gym storage room?

quick inspection of the setting…

+ Nodody else is inside the room expect for those two.
+ Two people he knows seem to be the only ones in there.
+ They didn’t expect him to enter the room—actually, they didn’t expect anybody to enter the room.
+ Seems to be a “private” business.

conclusion: he is interrupting…

quick inspection of the facts…

+ Nagi is one of the people inside, while Zange is the one with her.
+ they are sisters—based on what Nagi told him.
+ they are alone.
+ Nagi was looking for Zange.
+ they’ve recently met, but due to some circumstances, they’ve not been able to talk with each other again, not until now.

conclusion: he is interrupting a scene of sisters’ love.

quick inspection of the situation…

+ Nagi is on the floor.
+ Zange is on top of her, I mean, stepping on her.
+ Nagi has her hands tied behind her back.
+ Nagi is screaming, sort of…

A few conclusions out of the situation:
+ incest definitely a scene of sisters’ love
+ not a normal way of showing affection for each other.
+ they are doing bondage playing with each other no matter how you look at it.
+ the game is called “dominance and submission” a slight variation of physical contact.

final conclusion:

+ those two are not normal.
+ he shouldn’t be interrupting.
+ something doesn’t feel quite right.
+ it’s better to leave the place as soon as possible, and let those two continue alone whatever they were doing, but…

Nagi wants him to join, I mean, to come back… let’s just say to return, so he can help them her out.

I'm not sure, but my mind was playing me tricks in this scene. But this level of suggestive ecchi-ness is always good...

Oh, I'm really loving this show... I haven't been this excited to watch something ever since Minami-ke--the first season, of course (the second one never existed, in my opinion ). I should say something more serious, but I can't bring myself to do it...

Let's see, everything seems to point out that the show is slowly becoming into a harem. The girls just keep coming, and all of them seem to have something for Jin--let's not discard here that one is living under the same roof with him; the other one is an osana najimi who pays him a visit every now and then; and the last one introduced has a special interest in him. I don't really consider Kannagi a harem show in the complete sense of the word--far from that--but the premise itself doesn't help at all... three is just the perfect number, and hopefully no more girls will come.
Closed Thread