AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-10-03, 04:35   Link #21
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Chapter 35:
Old 2010-11-13, 07:57   Link #22
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Anyone who's reading Aoi Hana, read chapter 36 now. Oh my that last page, the build up to it, the dialogue. Beautiful.
Old 2011-01-22, 05:52   Link #23
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

wow,i didn't know this thread exists. LOL.

oh, btw, I WANT TO READ CHAP 37 TRANSLATED ALREADY!! what's taking the translators so long? L0L. i guess it's school. XD

mah,in the end, it's patience-is-a-virtue still..XD
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 11:23   Link #24
tezu

Does anyone have an explanation what Akira's dream in ch37 meant? And what it had to do with ch36's
Spoiler:

I was shocked when I read ch38, though :P I was like: WHUT is this Aoi Hana I am reading? I do worry about the two of them, though...I don't think it will work out between them at least not how things are right now...
tezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 14:10   Link #25
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

This is the first time i'm going to thank alcohol . Chapter 38 was just so good.
Old 2011-05-16, 04:49   Link #26
tezu

No Fumi and Ah-chan goodness, but:
Spoiler for chapter 39:

EDIT:

Chapter 42 is quite interesting and indicates that perhaps Ah-chan's perception of her relationship with Fumi is slowly changing. Though to what conclusion will she cone?

Is her relationship with Fumi just a passing fad?
Or is she starting to understand what love really means?

And while Ah-chan's still in the process of finding herself, Fumi falls in love with her even deeper.

You gotta love Shimura's storytelling. So calm and simple, but every line bears powerful emotions.

Last edited by tezu; 2011-11-24 at 17:35.
tezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 18:27   Link #27
Sound of Azure
...Is that so?

Fumi seems to have just the right amount of boldness and gentleness when it comes to Ah-chan.
Sound of Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 16:20   Link #28
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Oh, so we do have an Aoi Hana manga thread. Kinda wondered. Either way, I guess I'll have to settle with /u/ for much activity.

Akira's really trying so hard. She shouldn't push/rush herself. Even if she isn't sexually attracted to Fumi*, that she's willing to go this far with Fumi (and I don't mean just chapter 44) makes a compromise relationship reasonable, right? Still a couple. She shouldn't put so much pressure on herself to match what she thinks a girlfriend should be like and just enjoy being with Fumi.

*And that's an "if"--I'm not ruling that out as a present or future possibility, certainly not in a yuri manga; it's just that things are still really awkward in that category, and there's her reflection in this chapter, too...

I had been hoping they'd talk this out at some point, at least a little bit more, but not this chapter, and it looks like Akira will be asking that teacher for advice before anything else. That ought to put more light on how Akira feels.

Still a nice chapter.

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2012-03-29 at 16:31.
KaneDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 18:25   Link #29
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Got a Facebook account? Then vote for Aoi Hana so it'll have a better chance of getting licensed by Vertical!

https://www.facebook.com/questions/1...13/?qa_ref=ssp
Old 2012-07-26, 05:05   Link #30
tezu

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Oh, so we do have an Aoi Hana manga thread. Kinda wondered. Either way, I guess I'll have to settle with /u/ for much activity.
Kind of sad that AH gets so little attention here. But I also have to admit that the two months wait between the chapters dampens the excitement considerably.

I have trouble understanding the purpose behind Yassan's backstory. She was obviously never meant to be a fleshed out character (her backstory in ch 46 didn't change much for me) so why waste so many pages on her? (these pages could've shown Ah-chan asking Hinako-sensei for advice instead, for instance)
Nevertheless, I'm kind of glad Pon-chan's play is going to be incorporated into the plot. It's such a nice parallel to Fumi's and Akira's story.
Old 2013-01-06, 17:50   Link #31
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Just read through all of it yesterday.

Am I the only one who doesn't want Akira and Fumi to stay together? I liked them much more when their relationship was platonic.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 07:48   Link #32
SidVicious
Anime addict

Aoi Hana/Sweet Blue Flowers Yuri Manga to End in July

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...to-end-in-july

Old 2017-09-11, 08:43   Link #33
Verso Sciolto
Banned

It has been mentioned in a few places recently, including on ANN, but Viz Media have a re-release scheduled for this manga, translated as "Sweet Blue Flowers" in English. In about a week they'll publish a first volume of a print edition, as their debut, to be followed by a second volume in December. (400 pages each book)

Also taking the opportunity to post a quick note, in this re-opened manga thread, about Ohta Books, the Publishing company's site, giving access to chapters from 青い花 (Aoi Hana) in Japanese as a web comic.

A digital edition in English is reportedly offered by Digital Manga but I have no experience with them and although the search results show the first volume in a April 2014 blog entry on their site, the link in that entry doesn't currently take me to the actual first volume. Archive link from April 2016.
I may be overlooking something or it may be regional issues because the "Wayback Machine" informs that the linked Free Preview on the saved page is available on the web. The "Online Viewer" is there and all the online reader's buttons can be pushed to function, but no pages, no images from this particular manga are displayed when doing so.

Last edited by Verso Sciolto; 2017-10-08 at 22:10.
Verso Sciolto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-08, 00:21   Link #34
Verso Sciolto
Banned

... the first of the four omnibus volumes in English translation has since been published by Viz.

Edit Oct. 10. 2017: Based on this:
Quote:
"Finally finished the Shimura piece. So many thanks to everyone who shared their thoughts!"
, from a more recent Tweet, the request below is now outdated.

Relaying a request posted by Rachel Matt Thorn - "Associate Prof. in Faculty of Manga, Kyoto Seika University. Translator, shōjo manga scholar, feminist"- on Twitter:
Quote:
"If you're a woman who loves women (in *that* way*), and have read Sweet Blue Flowers, I would love to hear your thoughts on it."
Another link, with additional contact info.

[Side note: Thorn didn't translate "Sweet Blue Flowers" but her credits do include translating Shimura's "Hourou Musoko" manga into English. Published as "Wandering Son" by Fantagraphics.]

Last edited by Verso Sciolto; 2017-10-10 at 05:53.
Old 2017-12-16, 23:31   Link #35
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Viz Media: Sweet Blue Flowers - Official Manga Trailer.
Via Erica Friedman, Okazu.
Old 2018-01-27, 11:40   Link #36
Verso Sciolto
Banned

https://twitter.com/yuri_fair/status/957192510048165889

http://yuriten.com/2018/creators/creators-14/

Last edited by Verso Sciolto; 2018-04-26 at 22:32.

Tags
yuri