AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 15 18.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 25.61%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 28.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 19.51%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 4.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.22%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.22%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-08-03, 18:45   Link #181
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Everyone underestimates Slaine, except the main bad guy. Probably because Saazbaum had some sort of relationship with his father?
He said ironic that Slaine is going against them. Maybe Slaine's father help the martian with their Aldnoah technology or hates Terran.

With the emperor not below on being racist? of martian vs terran. I can't see any reason for Slaine and his father being still alive and not get killed if they are not usefull. At least his father would know something or be of use which let them to live with the martians.
Old 2014-08-03, 18:49   Link #182
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
He said ironic that Slaine is going against them. Maybe Slaine's father help the martian with their Aldnoah technology or hates Terran.

With the emperor not below on being racist? of martian vs terran. I can't see any reason for Slaine and his father being still alive and not get killed if they are not usefull. At least his father would know something or be of use which let them to live with the martians.

...The Emperor is a Terran (as in he spent most of his life in Earth), but this propaganda-bs he started to give Vers national pride went a bit too far.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-08-03, 18:57   Link #183
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
I don't think Saazbaum had anything to do with Dr. Troyard's death. From his tone, it seemed like the irony was that Slaine's father was against the UFE, and Slaine is going against his efforts by supporting it.
Did he mention anything about the UFE? And what would Troyard have had to do with the UFE? As of 2009, the war had been on hold for a decade. However, Saazbaum does seem exactly the type to kill a researcher who had either found something that the Count wanted, or researched too deep and found out about the his plots. It's awfully convenient that a man who is smart enough to get himself and his son all the way to Mars during the time of chaos after Heaven's Fall, only to die less than 5 years later. I think Saazbaum might have killed him and that's why he says it's ironic that he will have to kill Slaine as well, who has found himself in the same position as his father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious View Post
I am surprise of the amount of people that keep saying this show is horrendous, trash, and will drop this. Yet you see the same people keep coming back again next episode. Tsundere much

Anyway, I like Inaho so far as an MC in a mecha show no less. All the whimpering of the other mecha MCs bleed my ears. And I did drop them without coming back to the show thread for more complaining.

The girls in this show demonstrate that they actually have brains and guts. That is a big plus in my book. Just wish there will be more show like this that has an MC with a functional brain, and operational emotion control system.
Some people may not care all that much for a show, but they are still curious as to how it will end, or there might be something that hooks them in to at least see the next episode and so they watch on an episode-by-episode basis, and before they know it, they've gotten through a majority of the series so they might as well finish it. That's what happened with me and Captain Earth. I think that series that lackluster, boring, and beyond repetitive, and yet every week something would happen that would have me coming back the next week to find out what happened. I did this for weeks until I realized I was already halfway through the series, so I might as well finish it.

As for Aldnoah, I love it so far. I do think it's in danger of also becoming repetitive, and Inaho needs a lot more development. He's getting a little, but he needs more! Hopefully that changes in the future though, as we have no more underling counts (unless Cruhteo is running a sub-knight orphanage out of his castle ) and with Cruhteo being the only knight in the area, unless he's going to come out himself, we might be ending the knight-of-the-week formula hopefully for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Saazbaum was only able to figure that out because he's the one behind the meteor bombardment & did tell Trillram about it beforehand. the fact that Trillram didn't escape on time gave him the impression that someone or something stopped him before the bombardment. ie. Saazbaum was able to figure everything out because he possesses insider information.

Cruhteo's in a different boat, he's an outsider in this case, so he wouldn't be able to deduce anything to that degree. Its not a matter of being dense, but rather a matter of who possess more info to work with.
Saazbaum is a pretty smart guy. While he still thought of Trillram as an imbecile, he still thought that the guy was smart enough to get out of a situation he just warned him about. So, he actually took time to investigate. And not only did he investigate, but he quickly put everything together regarding Slaine being the one who killed Trillram, as well as the reason why Slaine would do such a thing, and then figure out what Slaine would do next and have a plan in place to turn that to his advantage.

As for Cruhteo, I think he's pretty smart too, but he seems to be so oblivious that he ends up missing everything important. Because he's missing key details, and he can't see the obvious evil right in front of him, he won't get very far in any sort of investigation.

Also, since Saazbaum has pretty much figured out that Slaine killed Trillram, it would be very easy to pin a murder charge on the boy, and combine that with being a Terran spy and saboteur that "dared" to come into the Emperor's presence and lie to him, he could legally have him taken out that way. And nobody would believe anything Slaine had to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
...The Emperor is a Terran (as in he spent most of his life in Earth), but this propaganda-bs he started to give Vers national pride went a bit too far.
I think his propaganda got to the point that even he believes it. Despite his fair perusal of the UFE and Slaine, that official statement he sent out regarding the armistice, still says that it's pretty much standard that everyone on Mars believes themselves superior to Terrans including the Emperor himself.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-08-03, 19:24   Link #184
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Aldnoah.Zero V. Phantom of the Emperor

It asserts in the raw that as a species we become elated with foolishness over things such as race, purity, position, etc. that can be turned into bs speeches to incite more stupidity in us, thus blinding us of the doom ahead of us.

Of course, there's still to see Terran factions back in Earth plotting and conspiring irrationally and stupidly just like the Martian Orbital Knights are doing right now. What's getting out of control more than the war is their irksome air of superiority attempting to impose their supremacy and so-called species's superiority on the Terrans inciting an extended Holocaust at the short-term.

I'm glad that the people in the ship survived unscathed that vengeful knight's assault thanks to Naho deploying for the battlefield, although I felt down that actually Naho was just the only one whom saved everyone unlike the two previous episodes when everyone available participated in battle.
Still, Naho relies and uses intellect, cunning, putting his experience in the real world, and observing his environment in order to win survival victories, IMO.
Old 2014-08-03, 20:53   Link #185
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Well, his propoganda is irrelevant. Whatever gets him the most support from the Vers people, he'll do it. It's as simple as that.

It's incredibly simple here, really. Slaine's statements were supposed to expose the atrocity behind the Orbital Knights' action and condemn them for their crimes. However, he arrived late to the show, and since his actions and words apparently follows exactly as Sazaburn said, the Emperor is persuaded to believe that Earth really did assassinate his daughter (or grand daughter? I don't remember), that they're now trying to cover it up and get away scot free with cheap tricks.

So obviously he's pissed and believes that the actions by Orbital Knights, despite going against his orders, are correct.
Old 2014-08-03, 22:44   Link #186
MeggieMay

Just so everyone knows why I'm about to disappear, as of this episode I'm out for a while. I can't get through watching it (not sure why) but reading the spoilers (which I read because I can't make it through the episode) are just ticking me off about this show on some level. My plan is to take a few episodes off, check out the spoilers, and come back when the plot settles down more. I want to make it clear I don't think Aldnoah is a bad series and I'll probably be back later but I can tell from past experience when I feel this way about about a TV show it's time to take a break Plus it may not even be the shows fault - my offline life is very stressful right now and it may just be a good time to stop watching first run stuff and wade through some backlog.
Old 2014-08-04, 01:18   Link #187
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Honestly, to you and all of the other Inaho defenders - Do you guys have something against human emotion? Do you think human emotion is a bad thing? Do you think it's good for a lead character to have all the charisma of a wet doormat?

I like being entertained when I'm watching entertainment. And that includes watching characters with reasonably entertaining and interesting personalities.

So Inaho is anything but "wonderfully refreshing", in my view.
The tone of your comments is uncalled for. You have specific things in a character you like and others have different aspects of a character they like. To each their own.

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Last edited by PreSage; 2014-08-04 at 01:31.
Old 2014-08-04, 06:03   Link #188
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
The tone of your comments is uncalled for. You have specific things in a character you like and others have different aspects of a character they like. To each their own.
I agree with you he/she seem to got a litle mad.
Old 2014-08-04, 08:08   Link #189
kyp275
Meh

Reading some of these comments, you'd think Aldnoah has worse writing than the Transformer movies. Tropes that are common place in mecha animes are suddenly capital offenses in Aldnoah, despite them usually abused far more in other shows.

Say what you will about Inaho being OP, I certainly find his fights so far more entertaining than Kira Jesus Yamato going seed mode and beam spams everyone from this side of the galaxy cluster to the next.
Old 2014-08-04, 08:20   Link #190
Trogdor Jube
Back at it again

Hmmm, I honestly think the main problem with Inaho is that he doesn't seem to have any flaws or to be more exact, his flaws don't effect him or the world around him in any significant way.

You can say that his flaw is that he's expressionless or he doesn't say the right things at the right time but that doesn't really effect anything and it seems to mostly be played for laughs. He still has tons of friends, everyone seems to trust him just fine even going as far as to rely on the guy in life or death situations. For supposed flaws, nobody including him seem to be treating them as well....flaws.

In the end what we get is this guy that seems to be seemingly perfect.
He never lets his emotions get the best of him
He carefully plans out the situation
He executes the plan
He beats the bad guy
He's got friends that rely on him
He has the trust of the Princess of Mars

Really where is there to go with this guy? He's already at end game. I'm sure it's possible to take this character somewhere but they aren't doing a very good job at getting me involved with his situation. There's no real challenge for him to overcome. He doesn't have work on his flaws or anything and overcome himself to become a better person, the enemies he fights are idiots so that's hardly anything.

Inaho at the moment just seems to come off as an INTJ power fantasy. Like he's all the positives of an INTJ without the negatives.

Looking forward to more Slaine though.
Old 2014-08-04, 08:28   Link #191
Ryuga

The way I see it, Inaho's simply a soldier, a tool and he knows it. He does what he does and gets the job done, no time wasting. That's part of the appeal of his character for me. I do agree that currently, there's no good reason or explanation as to why he's so excellent, but I can overlook that because him slapping the Martians around and making them look stupid is highly entertaining (well, at least for me anyway).
Old 2014-08-04, 08:48   Link #192
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor Jube View Post
Inaho at the moment just seems to come off as an INTJ power fantasy. Like he's all the positives of an INTJ without the negatives.

Looking forward to more Slaine though.
he is gary stu, dream of all INTJ, the biggest anime watcher personality group.
im E group, i cant relate and dont like this inaho kind of character, go slaine!
Old 2014-08-04, 10:25   Link #193
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Reading some of these comments, you'd think Aldnoah has worse writing than the Transformer movies. Tropes that are common place in mecha animes are suddenly capital offenses in Aldnoah, despite them usually abused far more in other shows.
Worse than the Transformer movies? Try Battlefield Earth, then you'll get an idea of the image some people are giving of Aldnoah Zero. I don't think even Mahouka have a comparable hype backlash.
Old 2014-08-04, 11:35   Link #194
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

meanwhile, even with all the hate (or possibly because of it), Aldona still has more discussion than the other sub-forums... (well aside from the upcoming F/SN thread maybe)
Old 2014-08-04, 11:43   Link #195
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
meanwhile, even with all the hate (or possibly because of it), Aldona still has more discussion than the other sub-forums... (well aside from the upcoming F/SN thread maybe)
because this anime is promising and has a lot of potential
Old 2014-08-04, 11:54   Link #196
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Let's not compare a franchise that have already have a big and dedicated fanbase with one original that is just starting, jesus. On a more meta level, I am believing that the hype backlash is what's happening when the Code Geass magic wear off. So you have people all like, "Hahahah, I got fooled by the lolz of CG, I will NOT let Aldnoah fool me just because it have Urobuchi slapped on it!"
Old 2014-08-04, 12:25   Link #197
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
The tone of your comments is uncalled for.
No, the tone was not uncalled for. Personally, I have found most of the Inaho fans/defenders to be pretty pushy and dismissive towards those who have been critical of his character. In fact, you yourself are doing that right now by refusing to address the actual substance of any of my points against Inaho (not just what you quoted, but plenty more besides).

I admittedly find it a bit frustrating that most of the Inaho fans don't seem to be even trying to understand where those critical of him are coming from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Let's not compare a franchise that have already have a big and dedicated fanbase with one original that is just starting
Why shouldn't viewers do this when the President of A-1 Pictures himself did it?

Key Excerpt:

The president of A-1 pictures ― Masuo Ueda ― did an interview in Anime Expo and some part of it is :

Rivera: What's the strongest combination?

Ueda: We formed the strongest party around with Aniplex and A-1 Pictures.

Rivera: What’s the next stage?

Ueda: The next stage of our development is to make something that would supersede Gundam. I think we need digital technology to achieve that. At A-1 we’ve experimented with a couple of 3D animation technologies. Let’s take a look at a couple of those.

------------------------------------
(bold and underline emphasis mine)

If the production staff is going to openly talk about aiming to "supersede Gundam" then neither they, nor the fans of the show they produce, should be at all surprised when the show gets compared to Gundam and/or other prominent anime mecha shows.

So if people want to know why the show is getting a hype backlash? This is a big part of the reason why.

To the best of my knowledge, Mahouka's production staff wasn't openly talking about "superseding Sword Art Online" or "superseding Ore no Imouto" or anything like that.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2014-08-04 at 12:43. Reason: Adding in reply to Sheba
Old 2014-08-04, 12:52   Link #198
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

It's called advertising your show. A lot of people in the industry had done that in the twenty years past, I am old enough to remember it. But the way you are overreacting over the tropes used in the show makes it sound like those are heinous crimes toward storytelling and turns the anime into the Worst Show Ever. Which is NOT. You really need to take a deep breath and relax a bit because the atmosphere is becoming a little more toxic each time a new episode is released.
Old 2014-08-04, 12:57   Link #199
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Well it definitely "supersede" Gundam Age that for sure.
Old 2014-08-04, 13:01   Link #200
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
It's called advertising your show.
And people generally want advertisements to be at least close to the truth. Otherwise, they consider it false advertising, which most people aren't fond of, and tend to react negatively towards.

Quote:
A lot of people in the industry had done that in the twenty years past, I am old enough to remember it.
Such as?

Quote:
But the way you are overreacting over the tropes used in the show...
Where have I overreacted to the tropes used in this show?

In any event, if a company basically tells people they are aiming to make the next Gundam then they're asking to be held to a high standard. Period.