AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-05-14, 09:41   Link #13501
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Ikki himself generally fights with killing intent and willpower though. It's just that now he's also a Desperado and can control fate. He just has to think outside the box because due to his low mana pool, he has to use trickery and/or strategy to defeat stronger opponents.

@AP24: Agreed.
Old 2018-05-15, 09:56   Link #13502
AP24

Even without trickery or strategy, Ikki is already overwhelming to most Blazers. Seasoned C-rank Blazers like Sirius are completely hopeless in front of him. Ikki probably can beat any normal Blazer now, though there are still some Desperados who are stronger than him. He's going to need some strategy to beat Iris who has a very powerful ability.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-15, 10:33   Link #13503
DragonOsman
Dragon King

He might be able to beat Ouma and other A-rank Blazers as a Desperado, but he had some trouble against Ouma before he became a Desperado, back in their sparring match in Volume 9. He had to use trickery against Ouma then.
Old 2018-05-17, 11:07   Link #13504
AP24

We overestimated Or-Gaule's strength. It's because he is a Desperado and the main villain of the arc that we assumed him to be very powerful. But it turns out he's said to be no match for Iris, Xiaoli and the current Stella. I suppose it's understandable since he is not suitable for direct combat. But even so, it feels stupid if Stella defeats Or-Gaule without much difficulty. Ikki and Stella are equals so it would be better if Or-Gaule is as strong as Iris. The only way I can see this happen is if Or-Gaule reaches Excessive Awakening.
Old 2018-05-17, 11:46   Link #13505
Vinkin

Make me wonder, how smart is Or-gaule is? he is controlling an army and is like a general.
Vinkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-17, 15:18   Link #13506
Rosiero

We haven't just been overestimating Or-Gaule's strength, but his menace. I mean, his first act without hiding behind a puppet was to make a guy kill his friends and commit necrophilia. Kinda setting the bar high there, and the proof is in how readers were terrified he was going to do something horrible to Stella. But he hasn't really done anything nearly as horrifying since then, so he doesn't feel like that big of a deal.
Rosiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-17, 15:51   Link #13507
DragonOsman
Dragon King

We found out pretty early on that he wasn't strong in direct combat but was still powerful because of his ability. But the main thing is that he's an incredibly powerful puppet master. If you take away his puppets, and don't let him create more, what's left? His menace is fine, though; right now he's in danger so he can't really show much of it (can he?).
Old 2018-05-18, 21:29   Link #13508
longdaica09vna

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
We found out pretty early on that he wasn't strong in direct combat but was still powerful because of his ability. But the main thing is that he's an incredibly powerful puppet master. If you take away his puppets, and don't let him create more, what's left? His menace is fine, though; right now he's in danger so he can't really show much of it (can he?).
I wonder if he know he isnt strong in direct combat, why he still aggre 5v5 battle. Even with promise Luna made with him , he should know his team cant win against Vermillion. I think he must have a plan if he wants his team win
longdaica09vna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-19, 09:37   Link #13509
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdaica09vna View Post
I wonder if he know he isnt strong in direct combat, why he still aggre 5v5 battle. Even with promise Luna made with him , he should know his team cant win against Vermillion. I think he must have a plan if he wants his team win
The League had sent their forces earlier than expected so Or-Gaule probably thought he had better chance of getting Cradleland by agreeing to Luna's term. He probably believed that Nene, Yui and Ikki would be taken care of by his teammates and that he can handle Iris and Stella. Unfortunately, it turns out that he's no match for Iris and Stella has gotten much stronger.
Old 2018-05-22, 08:42   Link #13510
Alterdream
Dreamer

At the end of the last chapter, when Iris is about to face Ikki, she is said to a "kenki" or "sword spirit". Is that a name for the ability that Desperados have or just a generic intimidation thing?
Alterdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 10:27   Link #13511
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alterdream View Post
At the end of the last chapter, when Iris is about to face Ikki, she is said to a "kenki" or "sword spirit". Is that a name for the ability that Desperados have or just a generic intimidation thing?
That's just a generic thing swordsmen have. It's basically fighting spirit. First time I heard the term was when I read Rurouni Kenshin.
Old 2018-05-25, 14:33   Link #13512
longdaica09vna

I wonder if blazers dont manifeste their device, can they use their abilities as good as they manifeste?
Old 2018-05-26, 12:37   Link #13513
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I don't think they can. They seem to need their Device manifested to use their abilities.
Old 2018-06-11, 13:04   Link #13514
DragonEye

So, any news regarding next volume or something?
DragonEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-13, 13:50   Link #13515
longdaica09vna

My country published vol 4. It has some different from English version, which make me confused
Old 2018-06-19, 05:54   Link #13516
AP24

Vol 15 is not on list of GA Bunko August release. If it comes out in October then it's safe to say Rakudai volumes are currently being released every half a year. It's going to be at this pace for a while since the author's other series is not ending anytime soon.
Old 2018-06-19, 06:41   Link #13517
tuckersister

Other series?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-20, 21:24   Link #13518
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Other series?
Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu! — another isekai novel.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-23, 17:23   Link #13519
BobJosh

Anyone else despises shizuku?
Like she is such an annoying cockblocker bitch is unbearable.
Who the fuck even loves their sibling in a romantic way... specially when he is taken. Disgusting.
Im glad ikki doesnt give a fuck about her tho.
BobJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-23, 18:56   Link #13520
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
So many things wrong with your post. Oh where to begin.........

Tags
action, comedy, couple, drama, ecchi, harem?, not-harem, romance, school, supernatural