AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-01-09, 09:23   Link #1721
Justin_Brett

Quote:
Personally, I blame the fanbase.

The sheer uproar about Touma being a guy and the main character of Force is probably what caused a lot of the problems with his development so far.
Pretty much. They could probably easily make him as interesting as all the girls, but oooooooh no, the fans won't like that! Same reason he and Lily have so much subtext - otherwise how do you know he won't suddenly throw Nanoha and Fate to the ground and violate them, right?

Quote:
Sounds to me like a lot of people are assuming they know Touma's personality based on simple summaries and not the chapters themselves, as we're so far behind with the translations.
Considering he's not really acting any differently from the beginning of the story, and the summaries mentioned everything important...

Quote:
Exactly. I find it double standards as Nanoha was sympathathic to Fate and the two are in turn sympathathic to the Wolken
If the Huckebein were the same villains as those two, they wouldn't inspire as many arguments on here.

Last edited by Justin_Brett; 2012-01-09 at 10:10.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 11:42   Link #1722
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Things we learned from Gears of Destiny
  • Nanoha has a thing* for the silent yet cool type (Fate, Einheart, Stern)
  • Original Fate can laugh as a loli.
  • Hayate has her priorities straight (see nicknaming the killer loli)
  • Reinforce no longer angstssssss
  • The Wolkenritter are badasses (Needs to be said because of someone *nods*)
  • Chrono is still Chrono
  • Precia and LinithThe Testarossa family: TT_TT
  • The Liese Twins and the wolkies don't get along (as it should be)
  • Yuuno can hold his own on a battle offensevily speaking (gotta smash that shield)
  • Arf is in the same tier of importance that Yuuno is.
  • Amitie Is Badass
  • Kyrie is a god damn tease as expected
  • Vivio was adopted by Nanoha because she remembered a half forgotten dream resist the temptation to write fic about it
  • Einheart is still a battle maniac, just more subdued
  • Thoma has PTSD and is also pretty mature. He just has the bad luck of having Hayate as a commander =V
  • Stern is love
  • Dearche is entertaining and probably Tsun (Maybe some dere for Yuri)
  • Yuri/U-D is moe (as it will be seen in Sequence X)
  • And, most important of all, Levi is the Best

*Romantical or not depends on interpretation
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 11:48   Link #1723
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
Good night man. Sorry about this, but I forget to add that Stern actually creates a new system to purify water.
Something I've found ironic since the first time it was mentioned, what with her affinity for Fire.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 11:54   Link #1724
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith View Post
Arf is in the same tier of importance that Yuuno is.
Give or take.

Arf appears in a two sets of CGs, but only because she's with Fate and another character (Levi or Linith). Yuuno appears in none.

However, Yuuno had two cameo appearances in StrikerS, whereas I don't remember seeing Arf even once. Maybe she appeared in the second one.

I keep hearing about how it's a mixed blessing that you can't fight Yuri with Yuuno, but what about Arf? If Zafira can do it, can't she?

Quote:
Thoma has PTSD and is also pretty mature. He just has the bad luck of having Hayate as a commander =V
Hayate's not a bad commander; it's Tohma who was a bad soldier. Anyone has to be disciplined for carelessly wrecking military equipment.

Which makes me wonder what sort of punishment Hayate, Nanoha and Fate recieved for the damage they caused to the Main Office in the manga.
Old 2012-01-09, 12:01   Link #1725
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

They are humoristic representation of facts presented on the game Sunder, don't take them too seriously. (Also Yuuno gets the swimsuit while Arf only has her normal outift I think so that beats the CG)
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 12:16   Link #1726
Sunder the Gold

Arf gets no swimsuit? Blasphemy!
Old 2012-01-09, 13:15   Link #1727
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Things we learned from Gears of Destiny
  • The Wolkenritter are badasses (Needs to be said because of someone *nods*)
...don't forget to add that Tohma considers Signum a neesan xD.

Quote:
  • Stern is love
...and cool, and badass, Stern is plain AWESOME xD!

We also learned that Eclipse energy isn't magic. Also that Arf and Vita are the funniest duo of hotheads in the Nanohaverse xD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
And of course, I'll be making some more updates to past chapters as well as a general info and comments posts. :3
Yay! this makes me a happy man! Still waiting patiently for the Wolkenritter's dialogue while facing U-D xD!

...8 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 18:37   Link #1728
rxrx

Whatever punishment the three aces receive, I doubt it would be as bad as Touma's. Remember the grand scene where Tia was shot by Nanoha? Add Vita and Hayate into the equation and have it occur frequently and you can understand why the guy has PTSD. Kind of ironic as the aces also break equipments frequently and they will never receive as servere punishment as the poor guy and his two wives have.

Speaking of this. I want to say how I hate Hayate's character now. I used to like her in A's where her maternal instincts were shown as the main personality. Let's just say her personality and competence took a huge blow in my opinion in STS and Force. Of course, I sympathize with Regeis but still......
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 18:41   Link #1729
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Speaking of this. I want to say how I hate Hayate's character now. I used to like her in A's where her maternal instincts were shown as the main personality. Let's just say her personality and competence too a huge blow in my opinion in STS and Force.
Good to hear i'm not the only one unsettled by Hayate's behavior in Force.

...8 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 20:22   Link #1730
Sunder the Gold

What was wrong with her in StrikerS and Force?
Old 2012-01-09, 20:29   Link #1731
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
What was wrong with her in StrikerS and Force?
I think it's the hypocrisy of the fact that Hayate's punishing Touma, Lily and Isis pretty hard while she never got ANY punishment for all the devices she broke between A's and StrikerS.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 20:30   Link #1732
rxrx

The method she used for setting up Riot Force 6? It is not done by her achievements but by backings of other high ranking officals. Also, the setting up worsen the relationship between the two different sections in TSAB and caused more inner conflict? Man, the whole thing seems like a school girl project than to be taken seriously.

Force? Calling back people from different sections to deal with a deadly threat by all are her close friends? Waste of resources. Seriously, calling two game keeper to deal with Eclipse?

It butchers her character and she isn't really good in commanding and planning as well. She is outsmarted by Jail and Caren and can't even fight properly. Not wanting to sound sexists, but she is much better acting as a mother in A's than the 'commander' in StS and Force.
Old 2012-01-09, 20:33   Link #1733
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
I think it's the hypocrisy of the fact that Hayate's punishing Touma, Lily and Isis pretty hard while she never got ANY punishment for all the devices she broke between A's and StrikerS.
I might be missing something, but when did she break any training devices?

and how certain are you that she didn't have to drop down or run a few laps because of that?
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 20:34   Link #1734
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
To be fair...

She flat-out admits that she's not too good as a commander post-StrikerS to Genya.

As for the eclipse thing... Hayate only started making calls after things happened...

Teana and Fate were already on a case that led them to the Eclipse.

Signum and Vita were apparently working with her on this one...

Subaru, Nanoha and Erio had to be called in to work on the strike force for that mission.

My guess, Hayate didn't really make any calls, she was asked/ordered to do this by the Bureau itself.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 20:35   Link #1735
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Last I checked, Hayate wasn't the one who ordered the reformation of Riot Force 6 for the Huckebein Incident.
Old 2012-01-09, 20:38   Link #1736
rxrx

Yeah, I know I'm being a bit harsh on her here, but the implied corruption and inability of the TSAB really fustrates me. Treating one side better than another is also just terrible.

Also, even if Hayate have to run laps, it is nothing compared to being beaten down to pulp regulary by the Aces. It's more like Touma and wives are being treated as punching bag to vent fustrations than actual training. Note how he is terrified of Hayate yet respects Signum. He is only afraid of Vita as she is a tough drill sergent and he respects her as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Last I checked, Hayate wasn't the one who ordered the reformation of Riot Force 6 for the Huckebein Incident.
I guess I get the facts wrong for Force here then. Sorry about this.
Old 2012-01-09, 20:48   Link #1737
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
The method she used for setting up Riot Force 6? It is not done by her achievements but by backings of other high ranking officals. Also, the setting up worsen the relationship between the two different sections in TSAB and caused more inner conflict? Man, the whole thing seems like a school girl project than to be taken seriously.
She had to take an SS exam to get the rank and thus, attention from people at the top. She had to use her connections to get the Saint Church to cooperate. And what's wrong with networking? That the most important skill to have when finding a job.

Also, Inter government faction rivalries have always existed, so whatever she did, it would create tension. Also see: CIA and FBI.

And in StrikerS context it can't be helped anyway since Regius was working with JS.

Quote:
Force? Calling back people from different sections to deal with a deadly threat by all are her close friends? Waste of resources. Seriously, calling two game keeper to deal with Eclipse?
Well, calling Subaru was rather weird since she in the rescue ops. That's like calling a firefighter to be part of counter terrorist ops. Regardless, do you know any other competent named characters? Would you prefer new characters?

Quote:
It butchers her character and she isn't really good in commanding and planning as well. She is outsmarted by Jail and Caren and can't even fight properly. Not wanting to sound sexists, but she is much better acting as a mother in A's than the 'commander' in StS and Force.
You're disappointed because she's not acting the way you would, had you been playing this strategy game. And yes, that does sound a tad sexist.
Old 2012-01-09, 20:55   Link #1738
rxrx

Quote:
And yes, that does sound a tad sexist.
Yeah, I know that comes out wrong somehow. But seriously, she has not shown any of her fighting capabilities so far and she got stab when she tries. I dunno, but Nanoha, Fate and the other females fight just fine so perhaps she can get Zaffy back out to act as a shield when she prepare her spell? I mean, if Zaffy manage to get stab in Hayate's place, she might sill be able to fire the spell off.

Quote:
Well, calling Subaru was rather weird since she in the rescue ops. That's like calling a firefighter to be part of counter terrorist ops. Regardless, do you know any other competent named characters? Would you prefer new characters?
But Erio and Caro? I mean it is good to see them but they are rangers protecting wild life. Getting rangers and firemen to fight terrorists? What?
Old 2012-01-09, 20:58   Link #1739
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

They were called in because they are trained and talented mages with experience in dealing with anti-magic opponents. They were among the first to get dedicated anti-magic tactical training. It makes sense to have them on board to help deal with a new anti-magic threat.
Old 2012-01-09, 21:07   Link #1740
Key Board
Carbon

Hayate has always been a glass cannon/tactical nuke launcher

despite what the PSP games tell you, I'm pretty sure she can't handle close range dogfights at all in the canon timeline

by her own own admission, she says she would lose to Erio and even Caro, circumstantially, in StrikerS

Hayate: long range bomber
Nanoha: air superiority fighter

that's the difference