AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of... > Tales of the Abyss (Archive)

Notices

Old 2008-10-12, 08:38   Link #741
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm just happy to see that Jade lives upto the awesomeness that i've heard about him for so long. I've said it once, and i'll say it again --- he's a perfect example of a Takehito Koyasu character.
Jade was awesome in the third episode. Really. I'm looking forward to see his awesomeness in the next episodes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I just sent you a PM, Narona.

For such extremely sensitive spoilers, maybe that should be done from now on.
Thanks again, I replied to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
This is why we need a forum. ;p
Yup, seriously :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
I warned you about luke's personality before I told you pick up the show didn't I?

I think I told you that too.

Didn't mention that.

Well I told you he was kind of an asshole
Haha, yeah, but he will become a great guy, right? :O
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 08:41   Link #742
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm just happy to see that Jade lives upto the awesomeness that i've heard about him for so long. I've said it once, and i'll say it again --- he's a perfect example of a Takehito Koyasu character.

Also i was just wondering, do you guys think the previews they have during the ED show just a bit to much? Sure me being not a game player doesn't know what order these scenes are going to go in, though the preview for episode four shown a hell of a lot.
Jade was relatively conservative in this episode. Then again, he shines best when he has more people to make fun of.

The preview shows a lot indeed, but at the same time, without narration, it does look relatively disjointed. It gives quite a lot of 'what-to-expect' from the next episode, though, I'll admit.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 09:19   Link #743
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

I just saw ep 3 and Luke is a whimp but I don't dislike him for that. His character is well made I would have had problems with other characters but not with his. Since he was under house arrest for the last years he does not know the world he lifes in.
He does not want to hurt or kill people (yet?) so it is normal to act like that.

How many episodes has this show? I hope that it will be 24 or 26

Last edited by xris; 2008-10-12 at 09:21. Reason: This is an anime thread, not a game thread
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 09:24   Link #744
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres View Post
How many episodes has this show? I hope that it will be 24 or 26
26 is what's being said around the net. Looks to be true.
Old 2008-10-12, 09:25   Link #745
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Blu-Ray and DVD release confirmed:

http://www.tv-toa.jp/news/index.html

Seems like they are going to include some bonus like Drama CD, booklet about TOA and some audio commentaries. (Hmmm... Is that a PV I see on the list?)

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 09:31   Link #746
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
OT (since theres really nowhere else to talk about this...)
Except there is

Please remember, this is the discussion thread for the anime, not the game.

If anyone wants to discuss the game, then please post in the Tales of the Abyss thread located in the Games forum. We have no objection if you wish to discuss the game but please do so in the correct thread! Recent posts concerning the game have now been moved to the appropriate thread.

To avoid receiving Infractions, please read and follow the Spoiler Policy we have.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 09:32   Link #747
vspirit
...huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Abyss had a terrible cast of characters, none were likeable.
I assume that's only your opinion, of course.

I find myself loving Jade's character even though his personality is absolutely abominable. Just the kind that a lot of people hate to love but end up loving anyway. His sort is a rarity in Japanese animedom and gamedom.
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 11:09   Link #748
Scarlett_Rain55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

Might end up be a little disappointed if you want a 'light-hearted action series.' It's not as light-hearted as it looks, as episode 3 itself is somewhat grim.

Hehee. I played the game, and it's not at all dark. How could you say it's not light hearted? The cast is so colorful and hysterical.
Scarlett_Rain55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 12:54   Link #749
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
Hehee. I played the game, and it's not at all dark. How could you say it's not light hearted? The cast is so colorful and hysterical.
That's not to say there aren't some darker moments to it as well. Just that both end up being fit into this series along the way.

A pretty good episode and just shows the difference between fighting monsters and people. At least the clear distinction that existed in Luke's mind at the time. Managed to expand on some of my thoughts on this.
Old 2008-10-12, 13:05   Link #750
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
Well the story line is a bit grim though not as emo as FF7. Ep3 is mostly actions so far and a bit more development for Luke but nothing for the rest of the party yet. Jade being awesome as usual but his combat skill is merely the tip of the iceberg of his charm
Old 2008-10-12, 13:10   Link #751
zalem

This series is ok so far. I'm not familiar with the game at all, so it's new to me. I think this will be fun to watch, but feels like it won't be very memorable in the end. I'll see, I guess...

So far I like Tear and Jade quite a bit. Can't stand Luke though, but I assume he will be one of those characters that is unbearable in the beginning but get better with time.
Old 2008-10-12, 13:11   Link #752
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Well the story line is a bit grim though not as emo as FF7. Ep3 is mostly actions so far and a bit more development for Luke but nothing for the rest of the party yet. Jade being awesome as usual but his combat skill is merely the tip of the iceberg of his charm
There certainly is plenty to Jade below the surface. But he is a pretty interesting personality even before that kind of stuff is revealed.

Though it was only for a short while was nice to have Asch appear on the scene.
Old 2008-10-12, 13:13   Link #753
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks View Post
Nevertheless, are we no longer allowed to compare the game and anime in this thread?
I would assume that comparisons with the game and the anime are fine as long as you're discussing things that have already happened in the anime, so the discussion would be relevant to the anime and not just to the game.

But I wouldn't know.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 13:28   Link #754
LKK

I would say that this is the relevant part of the spoilers policy with regards to game discussion within an anime thread.

Quote:
Spoilers are permitted in limited circumstances, provided that they are posted under clearly marked spoiler tags. These exceptions include:
  • Answering specific questions about past or current events using knowledge of the source material. (We strongly encourage posters to discuss any spoilers via PM, rather than in the work's discussion thread.)
  • Comparing events in an adaptation to the way they were presented in the source material or other adaptations. (Discussions about the source material itself, or extended comparisons should be directed to the appropriate manga/novel/game thread.)
The policy is quite clear in my opinion. Game discussions that compare events that correspond to events in episodes that have been subbed can take place in this thread provided the game discussion is under a labeled spoiler tag. Discussion of game events that take place beyond the latest subbed episode should be restricted to answers of specific questions and ideally should be answered in PM rather than on the board. All other games discussions belong in the game thread.

I am not a mod, but that is how I interpret the rules. If I am wrong, I apologize and ask for further clarification from the mods.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2008-10-12 at 13:29. Reason: added link to spoilers policy
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 13:45   Link #755
vspirit
...huh?

*o.O; at the number of deleted posts*

Hm, does this mean that those really curious ones who didn't play the game should refrain from asking spoilerish questions in here, thinking that the ones who did play the game would gather in here to discuss the events under spoiler tags? Well, it's kinda hard to stop people from asking, but I suppose this means they won't be getting their answers...if people can stop themselves from answering, that is. -.-;
Old 2008-10-12, 13:48   Link #756
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by vspirit View Post
*o.O; at the number of deleted posts*

Hm, does this mean that those really curious ones who didn't play the game should refrain from asking spoilerish questions in here, thinking that the ones who did play the game would gather in here to discuss the events under spoiler tags? Well, it's kinda hard to stop people from asking, but I suppose this means they won't be getting their answers...if people can stop themselves from answering, that is. -.-;
If they want to ask questions on what will happen next or what will happen to a character, they can just go to the game thread to ask.
To be honest, it isn't all that pleasant to come into this thread and see every other post having a tag that says ENDING or BIG SPOILER or the such.
And there are times where people temporarily forget to put tags, like that one about the lyrics of Karma...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 13:52   Link #757
Scarlett_Rain55

So much is happening in the episode 4 preview.

There's like 3 different fight scenes in 1 episode.
Scarlett_Rain55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 13:59   Link #758
vspirit
...huh?

Hm, I do see your point about the ending spoilers (especially the kind that leaves no room to the imagination) leaving a not-so-great taste in the mouth, especially so early on in the airing of the anime.

Yoshi! I wanna stay in this thread, and I want people to enjoy TotA for the great story that it is (and if they enjoy it enough, they may even want to play the game ^_^) so I'll do what I can to stay on par with the anime.

Can we discuss stuff in the game that the anime has overlooked though? Cos there's bound to be some funny or interesting things in between that the anime has to overlook in favor of progressing with the story (given that they have to wrap everything up in 26 episodes and all). Or are all things about the game, spoilery or not, not to be discussed in here?
Old 2008-10-12, 14:19   Link #759
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Blu-Ray and DVD release confirmed:

http://www.tv-toa.jp/news/index.html

Seems like they are going to include some bonus like Drama CD, booklet about TOA and some audio commentaries. (Hmmm... Is that a PV I see on the list?)
That's cool. I wonder what the box set set up is going to be like. A Miu plushie or a Tear figurine to probably be included. Hmm...
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 14:23   Link #760
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
That's cool. I wonder what the box set set up is going to be like. A Miu plushie or a Tear figurine to probably be included. Hmm...
Kinda doubt it, since they already have quite a bit of figures out for Abyss. There was already a 1/8 for Tear and Natalia, one coin figures for the whole party + Ion-sama, and they're coming up with some very cute ones in the near future.
Asamidori is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy