AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2017-03-26, 10:32   Link #221
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Well, it's always a bit jarring when on-screen characters differ even a bit from their traditional/long-standing appearances/designs, like Aquaman not being blond but a long-haired dark guy (which is more in line with the "Greek roots" aspect of his character -- he's a lot more Poseidon-ish now).

That said,
1. I hope Cyborg has more of these Transformer-like covers, flaps and straps because those limb joints look like they're easier to snap than a bootleg GI Joe figurine from the 1980s.

2. Some of the scenes were so busy the action was a bit hard to discern, especially with Flash and all the lightning bolts flying around. The viewer's eye is literally dancing all over the screen trying to absorb all these elements rather than being focused on the subject of the scene itself. Sure, you can tell Flash is dodging shots almost point-blank, but I'd have preferred a bit more clarity and space? There comes a time when too much SFX kills the SFX.

3. Easy on the slow-mo and bullet time, Snyder. Easy...

4. I'm a bit nervous about introducing all these different characters without them having had their own "origins" movie first (except, of course, for the upcoming Wonderwoman), it'd help cut down on the time needed to introduce each and everyone. Unless Synder makes their coming together the focal point of JL rather than the fight with the big bad.

5. "I am rich."
Eh, reminds me of Batman's deadpan answer in Justice League Dark:
"Your life is a patchwork of blackness with no time for joy. How do you cope with it?"
"I have a butler."
Never change, Bruce.

6. A freakin' mecha? Oh, I'm having bad flashbacks of Batman Unlimited: Mechs vs. Mutants...
Old 2017-03-26, 14:39   Link #222
Wandering Soul

The more I see, the more I'm convinced that Aquaman will steal the show.
Old 2017-03-26, 14:56   Link #223
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well it definitely isn't the Super Friends era Aquaman.

It might be the gritty Aquaman that get a harpoon for a hand at some point.

Or it could be a stop towards the Giant Ham Aquaman of Batman: Brave and the Bold days.
Old 2017-03-27, 01:18   Link #224
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
2. It's only one brief moment, but this new Commissioner Gordon looks and sounds great! Definitely important coming so soon after Oldman's performance in the role. At least, I'm pretty sure that was Gordon talking to Batman in one brief dialogue exchange.
It's Gordon. Yet again being played by an Oscar-caliber actor (only this one actually won one). How much geek cred do you get for nailing J. Jonah Jameson so perfectly they've refused to even go back to the character, then playing the the most badass non-superhero in the DCU?
Old 2017-03-27, 03:26   Link #225
Fairy Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post

"What's your superpower?"
"I'm Rich."
Funny batman is not very funny for my taste. I would prefer a sarcastic or more original answer.

And they left out GL on this. So who is going to bickering with Batman now?
At this point, I decide I won't spend money on this movie and probably watch it out of boredom someday.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-27, 22:17   Link #226
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
Funny batman is not very funny for my taste. I would prefer a sarcastic or more original answer.

And they left out GL on this. So who is going to bickering with Batman now?
At this point, I decide I won't spend money on this movie and probably watch it out of boredom someday.
I think Bruce was being honest rather than funny. His equipment are made using his money.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-22, 18:06   Link #227
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Well, news came out that Zack Snyder's daughter killed herself in March. And because of this Zack has decided to leave remainder of post production to Joss Whedon.
Frankly most of Justice League is done at this point so I don't expect it to affect the final product. But I suspect that Zack is done with the DCEU. He said he wants to spend time with his family, and it is likely that he doesn't want to dedicate any more time on it now.

I had been critical of his works in the DCEU but no one deserve to lose a family member to suicide. I just didn't expect Zack to leave DC in such sombre circumstance.

Well, it's all up to Joss now. Not for Justice League, which is already done. What Joss will bring in the future.
Old 2017-05-22, 18:56   Link #228
Chosen_Hero

Zack Snyder Exits Justice League After Family Tragedy; Joss Whedon to Finish Film http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/...o-finish-film?

Well, those of you that wanted him to leave just got your wish, I hope you are happy.

Be careful what you wish for.

May she rest and peace and my condolences to the family.
Old 2017-05-22, 19:15   Link #229
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

That is horrible. Condolences to the Snyders for the lose of their daughter.
Old 2017-05-22, 22:24   Link #230
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

My deep condolences to the Snyders for the death of their daughter.
Losing a child due to suicide is a horrible thing to experience. What was the cause of the suicide, I wonder….?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Well, those of you that wanted him to leave just got your wish, I hope you are happy.
Well, not like this. Those who wished for Snyder’s departure didn’t want anybody to die for it. At least I know I didn’t.

I still stand by my post in the previous page that Snyder would’ve been perfect for the gritty Flashpoint Paradox adaptation, not the man who oversees Justice League & the entire DC properties. Thomas Wayne's Batman would've been perfect for Snyder's taste. Anyway, the damage has been done. Joss Whedon can only do the finishing job of someone else’s work now AFAIK. Let's hope he can bring out the best of it.
Old 2017-07-22, 19:58   Link #231
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Nobody posted this yet?:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2017-07-23, 00:11   Link #232
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Looking forward to seeing this thing. Thought it was a good trailer. Liked the nod to the fact that the Green Lanterns exist though still unlikely to see any in this movie.
Old 2017-07-23, 00:16   Link #233
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well it looks like they're taking the lessons as to why BvS was so divisive. The inclusion of some slight campiness for me is a good thing IMO.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-23, 08:15   Link #234
Galaxian

Jeremy Jahns pointed out that one of the scenes, Wonder Woman fighting criminals, was in previous trailer but with a brown filter over it. Apparently they finally realize that color can be a good thing for your superhero movie.

I hope that the person at the end of the trailer is not Superman, Alfred's reaction didn't fit a resurrection, but instead Shazam.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-23, 08:40   Link #235
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Jeremy Jahns pointed out that one of the scenes, Wonder Woman fighting criminals, was in previous trailer but with a brown filter over it. Apparently they finally realize that color can be a good thing for your superhero movie.

I hope that the person at the end of the trailer is not Superman, Alfred's reaction didn't fit a resurrection, but instead Shazam.
I'm actually thinking perhaps Steppenwolf found the Batcave.
Old 2017-07-23, 10:30   Link #236
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I'm actually thinking perhaps Steppenwolf found the Batcave.
Then why would Alfred say "Let's hope you are not too late."?
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-23, 10:40   Link #237
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Huh... did not hear Alfred say that for some reason.
Old 2017-07-23, 13:25   Link #238
Chosen_Hero

In the trailer, look closely at the scenes with the airship, in the first there is a green glow in the front of it, then it moves to one of the wings in another scene. Also, Alfred's words can be directed to two of more people not just one.
Old 2017-07-23, 14:30   Link #239
Wandering Soul

Nice to see how they finally realized that it's not wrong to have fun with superheroes.

My biggest gripe with the trailer is that all the stuff about Superman being a beacon of hope and letting people see the best part of themselves seem really forced and undeserved.
Old 2017-07-23, 18:44   Link #240
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Nice to see how they finally realized that it's not wrong to have fun with superheroes.

My biggest gripe with the trailer is that all the stuff about Superman being a beacon of hope and letting people see the best part of themselves seem really forced and undeserved.
I overall like where they are going with this movie. But yeah that's just total bull about Superman being a beacon of hope .

What movie did that happen in that I didn't get to see? He only barely showed up in the public eye at the end of Man of Steel. Sure there was a time gap between MoS and BvS. But people during that time just varied between fearing him and treating him like a literal deity. And then he died in a fight no one saw. No beacon of hope to be found there.

Besides them trying to rewrite history, this was a good trailer. They at least appear prepared to let superheroes be enjoyable. Not going to go overboard, but at least they seem ready to try and make these characters likable.