AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-06-04, 04:16   Link #1
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

[PS4/PSV] Super Robot Wars V

for 2017, also has an Asian English version.
Some very notable and surprising series.
Old 2016-06-04, 04:34   Link #2
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

OMG that rooster!!

REALLY hope this real, and also I hope they start the series plot from the beginning! Ah and english ver. too!? Another OMG!!!
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-04, 04:52   Link #3
charles883

Space Battleshop YAmato !!!!???? That not even robot show.(I kinda a glad)
Cross Ange as well. Embryo and his mana world, you going to have your sorry ass Kicked HARD
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-04, 05:31   Link #4
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=18otfdWJlLI

Recycled assets...
Old 2016-06-04, 05:42   Link #5
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Recycle sprites but new awesome animations are no problemo for me

Even if just some attack that got this treatment, I'm still excited because of the rooster + ENGLISH VER. MAIN SRW?! WOW!
Old 2016-06-04, 05:44   Link #6
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Not like I expected much from looking at the cast list, but I still feel disappointed when I saw FMP is still the same shit.
Old 2016-06-04, 05:56   Link #7
Dragon_Slayer_X

I am a bit sad that there is not Majestic Prince or Star Driver in the case. I was really hoping for them to make it in a SRW game. MJP would fit in perfectly.........
Dragon_Slayer_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-04, 06:02   Link #8
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Oh my god, it's real! IT'S REAL!!!! YAMATO IN SRW!!!!!. That thing's stats had better be geared for combat, 'cause I'm putting it on my front lines when I play the game!

ZZ, Cross Ange, Might Gaine, and the Crossbone series too? Color me HYPED. I see lots of commenting on the Norma's pilot suits from the rest of the cast coming....

And they may have reused the sprites from the Z series, but the attack animations are all new.
Old 2016-06-04, 06:22   Link #9
charles883

FMP animation look a lot better
Old 2016-06-04, 06:38   Link #10
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles883 View Post
FMP animation look a lot better
Sorry but it still looks janky as shit to me. I love FMP and I think it deserves a much better treatment than this.
Old 2016-06-04, 07:02   Link #11
charles883

Patient, it still preview, not complete product. Also they follow anime
Old 2016-06-04, 08:51   Link #12
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

If Yamato is already joinin SRW, I'm eagerly waiting the day Captain Harlock joins the fun
Old 2016-06-04, 11:03   Link #13
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Now I wonder what mech will Kincaid use if Tobia already take X-1 Skull Heart?

Also I heard that Eva:Q, Hathaway's Flash, Mazinger Zero, Crossbone Steel 7 only have mechs and no story.
Old 2016-06-04, 11:30   Link #14
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yamato? They have one mech, but that's Analyzer with a power suit. Or the Gamilas robot soldiers.

But Yamato 2199 has a lot of awesome ships and planes as an alterative to the traditional humanoid mecha. The shock cannons are plenty powerful. But what of the wave motion gun?

That and Yamato 2202 will be coming out in 2017.
Old 2016-06-04, 12:30   Link #15
YF19EX

Cross Ange and Gundam Seed. Tusk meet Kira. That should be entertaining.

And heck ya for 2199. Yamato will probably be a mothership to carry all your mecha. Hopefully it will be useful in direct combat. My brother used to play lot of the older SWRs. I remember watching him use the Macross, Battle 7, Nadesico, and Archangel battleships to great effect in the respective SRW games.
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-04, 21:42   Link #16
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by YF19EX View Post
Yamato will probably be a mothership to carry all your mecha. Hopefully it will be useful in direct combat.
- Just for the English players out there: "Wave Motion Gun". EG a cannon that can vaporize a floating island the size of Australia. Even a Colony Drop in Gundam could only wipe out Sydney and the surrounding areas. Yes, I think "useful" would be a very downplayed description of what the Yamato can do for you.

In all seriousness, the Yamato would probably be a lot like the Nadesico in terms of gameplay function.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-04, 22:12   Link #17
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

While everyone (including me) is HYPED over the inclusion of Yamato, I must be the only one here that's pleasantly surprised at the inclusion of Yuusha Tokyuu Might Gaine, which afaik is the first Brave series to be introduced in SRW that's NOT Gaogaigar. I guess they saw that they can use Noboyuki Hiyama for it since he's done GGG for SRW previously.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-04, 23:05   Link #18
Cyblaster
Lurker

I'm just sad that it's moving on away from the PS3. It was inevitable, but I don't have either the PS4 or Vita.
Cyblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-04, 23:50   Link #19
YF19EX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Just for the English players out there: "Wave Motion Gun". EG a cannon that can vaporize a floating island the size of Australia. Even a Colony Drop in Gundam could only wipe out Sydney and the surrounding areas. Yes, I think "useful" would be a very downplayed description of what the Yamato can do for you.

In all seriousness, the Yamato would probably be a lot like the Nadesico in terms of gameplay function.
From what I remember the Nadesico's Gravity Blast was pretty decent weapon. SWRs have over powered or nerfed ship weapons though over the iterations.

I forgot which SWR my brother was playing at the time, but it had DYRL and the Macross, but he had Heero and Gundam Wing Custom so built up, he sent it right into the middle of the Zentradi Fleet and wiped out most of the enemy with Customs Map Cannon. From there he proceeded to replay DYRL ending by having Hikaru finish off Bodolza's fortress. When you do, you get that scene with Hikaru saying mission accomplished and Misa's "Delta 1 youkai".

One of the things I love about SWR is the ability to play out your favorite scenes in the various anime series or change destiny by saving characters who were meant to die in that particular scene recreation.
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-05, 00:49   Link #20
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
While everyone (including me) is HYPED over the inclusion of Yamato, I must be the only one here that's pleasantly surprised at the inclusion of Yuusha Tokyuu Might Gaine, which afaik is the first Brave series to be introduced in SRW that's NOT Gaogaigar. I guess they saw that they can use Noboyuki Hiyama for it since he's done GGG for SRW previously.
I already pointed out how I'm hyped for Might Gaine's inclusion too. It's my favorite of the Brave Saga after Gaogaigar.

Tags
mecha