AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-09-08, 22:04   Link #81
Skaddix

U mean make two team members shine....I am not sure what the third one does whatsoever.

One is a brilliant politician and tactician with military experience on land, the other is martial arts master, merchant with military experience on the sea and the other....
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-09, 11:47   Link #82
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Abiriga is ridiculously OP. As for Kiros, I'm still wondering what his role in their merry party will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
So clearly the animation just can't handle Balaban's magnificence, he looked pretty terrible throughout... Also, what's going on with that poor tiger?
I actually thought the tiger was some sort of a rug at first, then he blinked and it creeped me the fuck out. It was drawn so oddly.
Old 2017-09-09, 14:52   Link #83
Skaddix

It reminds me of watching DBZ and thinking why even bring the humans to the fights they wont do anything.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-20, 05:06   Link #84
The 48th Ronin
EISAI HARAMASUKOI

How many chapters will be adapted?

GRAND SPONSOR NO TOKYO BAY, OH CHRISTMAS
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-20, 19:47   Link #85
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Does anyone know if this is 2 cours or 1?
Old 2017-09-20, 21:59   Link #86
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It's two cours.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-22, 11:51   Link #87
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I assumed it was two cours as well, but as of today, MAL lists the series as only being 12 episodes long. Are they right?
Old 2017-09-22, 12:10   Link #88
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Wasn't it listed as two cours all along, though?

Sounds like a MAL screwup to me. If not, some record companies gonna be pissed.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-songs/.120452

Last edited by LKK; 2017-09-22 at 13:32. Reason: posts merged. don't post multiple times in a row; use Edit button instead.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-22, 17:47   Link #89
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This news leaves no doubt in my mind. Even more so after watching the latest episode, no way they can end this arc in only one ep. It has to be two cours.
Old 2017-09-29, 16:53   Link #90
AntonKutovoi

Great voice acting aside, this episode was pretty embarrassing. So incredibly rushed and so badly drawn... It supposed to be a climax of the cour and yet it looks like this. I admit most of the recent shows with a focus on army vs. army (Samurai Warriors, Arslan, Vanadis, Aldemarin) hardly looked super-great, but they were still better in climatic battles than this (well, with exception of Vanadis, perhaps).
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-30, 14:05   Link #91
kuromitsu

Correction: this entire show is embarrassing. Maybe if I didn't love the manga so much I'd find it entertaining in a "look at this dumpster fire" way, but Altair would have deserved so much more it's not even funny. I'm not looking forward to another cour of cringey visuals, stupid meddling with characterization, and blaring bgm. (There's going to be a naval battle. I'm already dreading it.) Even the translation continues to be weird.

At least Balaban and Bayazid got some decent character work even through the changes (we had a rare example of changes/additions that actually worked, although not in context of the manga's timeline), and the voice acting was great. Poor Balaban, finally he's out of this mess...
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-30, 17:57   Link #92
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I actually kind of wish this had been only one cour so this show could be put to rest already

Depending on how many shows I end up watching this Fall, I'll probably end up dropping this one. I don't think it's that bad, but it's just not good either. If I had to describe it in one word, it would be "bland". It really sucks because the setting was rather refreshing.
Old 2017-09-30, 18:12   Link #93
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
Great voice acting aside, this episode was pretty embarrassing. So incredibly rushed and so badly drawn... It supposed to be a climax of the cour and yet it looks like this. I admit most of the recent shows with a focus on army vs. army (Samurai Warriors, Arslan, Vanadis, Aldemarin) hardly looked super-great, but they were still better in climatic battles than this (well, with exception of Vanadis, perhaps).
Drifters was the most recent case that worked.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-01, 01:44   Link #94
Applehell

Quote:
Correction: this entire show is embarrassing. Maybe if I didn't love the manga so much I'd find it entertaining in a "look at this dumpster fire" way, but Altair would have deserved so much more it's not even funny. I'm not looking forward to another cour of cringey visuals, stupid meddling with characterization, and blaring bgm. (There's going to be a naval battle. I'm already dreading it.) Even the translation continues to be weird.

At least Balaban and Bayazid got some decent character work even through the changes (we had a rare example of changes/additions that actually worked, although not in context of the manga's timeline), and the voice acting was great. Poor Balaban, finally he's out of this mess...
I'm a big fan of manga myself, so I've paying special attention to your posts in particular to see if the show have improved after rather very lackluster early episodes from a manga reader perspective. Hearing all this from you and the rest of posters in this thread only makes me relieved about my decision to shelve it for the time being and frustrated about how butchered the adaptation is from sheer mediocrity. I'll probably just going to drop it and save myself the heartache. Thanks for taking one for the team and I mean that in best way possible.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-01, 18:39   Link #95
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
I'm a big fan of manga myself, so I've paying special attention to your posts in particular to see if the show have improved after rather very lackluster early episodes from a manga reader perspective. Hearing all this from you and the rest of posters in this thread only makes me relieved about my decision to shelve it for the time being and frustrated about how butchered the adaptation is from sheer mediocrity. I'll probably just going to drop it and save myself the heartache. Thanks for taking one for the team and I mean that in best way possible.
I probably won't be able to keep up for long either... I wanted to see this one arc through, but I'm not sure my heart could take any more.

By the way, I just realized but they changed the scene where Mahmut beheads a soldier in battle to Balaban doing the same. Why, though? Are they afraid to show Mahmut doing such things? That would be pretty hilarious, considering what happens the next time Mahmut appears in the manga.
Spoiler for spoiler I guess:
Old 2017-10-01, 19:16   Link #96
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
By the way, I just realized but they changed the scene where Mahmut beheads a soldier in battle to Balaban doing the same. Why, though? Are they afraid to show Mahmut doing such things? That would be pretty hilarious, considering what happens the next time Mahmut appears in the manga.
Spoiler for spoiler I guess:
WOW. That's, uh... Not sure which version I prefer, but that's quite the difference, lmao.
Old 2017-10-01, 19:35   Link #97
kuromitsu

^Just to clarify, this should happen in the anime too... although at this rate it probably won't! Maybe he'll wave the poor tiger's tail around or something. But Balaban's death happens the save way it did in the anime.
Old 2017-10-01, 19:44   Link #98
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Ah, I get you now. That'll be quite a sight if it happens!
Old 2017-10-01, 22:16   Link #99
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

To all the manga reader in this thread, I salute you all if you persisted until the end.

I gave up after episode 6.
Although I am against the anime following the manga panel by panel, by in this I case, I really hoped the anime could have done that instead.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-01, 22:23   Link #100
iko_uwais

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
To all the manga reader in this thread, I salute you all if you persisted until the end.

I gave up after episode 6.
Although I am against the anime following the manga panel by panel, by in this I case, I really hoped the anime could have done that instead.
Honestly, the only reason I'm following this to see just how much the director and his crew will screw up everything. It always cracked me up, seeing all the dumb changes he made
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote