Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-04-28, 06:25   Link #741
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERERABBIT View Post
You're just jealous.
Jealous of you? Stop overestimating yourself too much.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 06:32   Link #742
Twi

Behave children. Go to the corners of the room and count until you calm down. Then you can come back and talk about proper topics.
Old 2018-04-28, 08:27   Link #743
Tenzen12

Youngsters these days truly lack any manners. In my young days we had much more respect to each other....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Goblin's father: It's not what you did, son, that angers me so. It's who you did it to.

Goblin's son: Who? That fucking nobody?

Goblin's father: That "fuckin' nobody"... is Goblin Slayer!

Goblin's son: Oh...

Goblin's father: Goblin Slayer is a man of focus, commitment, sheer will... something you know very little about. I once saw him kill a goblin champion in a cave... with a nail, with a fucking nail. Then suddenly one day he raids one of our most heavily defended bases. It's over a woman, of course. The bodies he buried that day laid the foundation of what we are now, living in a fear. And then my son, a few days after he brought his wife to the hospital for labour, you went to steal his cows, kill his fucking dog and burn his fucking house.
Wait! When did Goblin Slayer find time get own cows?I am pretty sure he wouldn't take them with him all over continent into ancient ruins and mage towers where he did get dragged by his wife until recently, right?

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2018-04-28 at 12:10. Reason: grammar
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 11:30   Link #744
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Youngsters these days truly lack any manners. In my young days we had much more respect to each other....

Wait! When did Goblin Slayer find time get own cows?I am pretty sure he would take them with him all over continent intoancient ruins and mage towers wherehe would get dragged by his wife until recently, right?
For me, Cow girl's cows are GS's cows.
Old 2018-04-28, 20:42   Link #745
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

John Wick flashbacks.
Old 2018-05-18, 20:48   Link #746
Wheeljack83

I'm not going to say people should be OK with the unsettling, disturbing content or imagery in Goblin Slayer, but I'm glad the author and illustrators don't shy away from it.

Just because it's a subject matter that makes people uncomfortable doesn't mean forms of media should shy away from it or not depict it.
Wheeljack83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-19, 14:02   Link #747
Millennium Dude

I do like that Goblin Slayer is in love with his job more so wanting to be in a actual relationship with one of the girls. But since most of the girls (if not all) are interested in him, the author should have made one of them his GF, like Cow Girl. It would be a breath of fresh air to see a MC in a relationship at the beginning of a series rather than the end of it.
Millennium Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-19, 14:18   Link #748
Tenzen12

Major point of this work is Goblin Slayer rehabilitation and his integration into society. If Orcbolg were able connect with other people (girls included), it would be completely different kind of story and probably not better and definitely less fun.
Old 2018-05-19, 15:51   Link #749
Millennium Dude

It's fine that Goblin Slayer remain single, if it wasn't for the fact that the author made most (if not all) of the females in love with him. Before that battle with the Goblin Lord, most of them didn't know what he looked like and when his face was revealed (save for his eyes) they pretty much blushed at his handsome face. The only reason why I suggested a relationship with Cow Girl is because of what I've seen between the two of them so far.

It would have been better to start him off alone and not have people associated with him to make his obsession more believable but there's clearly enough people in his life who are concerned for his well being long before his party even joined him. And since he's known Cow Girl, her uncle, and Guild Girl for years, it's weirder that he hasn't already started to recover from his obsession. I don't think it would be too much different from the current story.
Millennium Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-19, 23:27   Link #750
Tenzen12

It doesn't matter how many girls are interested (which in most cases here is not equal love) in him when he is practically asexual. If they were into trees or companion cube result would be same. Girls here more or less know it and just trying get his marbles together. That's premise story. There is no shuraba and no dating anytime soon. Goblin Slayer has romantic and harem elements, but they simply aren't relevant.

Before he rescued Priestesses he had exactly one close acquittance and that's CG. Thanks to her he didn't went nuts completely. With GG it was mostly professional relationship (from his side).
Old 2018-05-19, 23:47   Link #751
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium Dude View Post
I do like that Goblin Slayer is in love with his job more so wanting to be in a actual relationship with one of the girls. But since most of the girls (if not all) are interested in him, the author should have made one of them his GF, like Cow Girl. It would be a breath of fresh air to see a MC in a relationship at the beginning of a series rather than the end of it.
For me, I think the relationship should happen at the end of it. GS was too damaged as an individual in the beginning, and he needs time to sort himself out. At this point of the manga, you can see that he was starting to get softened up.
Old 2018-05-20, 05:22   Link #752
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

The guild also has a right to reject the quest taken by the adventurers. The receptionist even reject GS quest of slaying goblins even he want to, since he need to rest for a while before continue as the receptionist order. Guild do care for the adventurers since any conditions that sees the adventurers won't fit to take the job will be rejected by the receptionist.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-24, 11:49   Link #753
AP24

Spoiler for Ch 24:

GS finally did it, he raped the priestess. So goblins are not allowed to rape the priestess but the slayer can?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-24, 11:51   Link #754
Tenzen12

i would believe it, if it was HEA after drinking night. Though I am not sure thhat out of two, she would be victim

Speaking of Priestess, she really should get some meat on her bones. How can someone so malnourished even be adventurer?
Old 2018-05-24, 11:55   Link #755
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Spoiler for Ch 24:

GS finally did it, he raped the priestess. So goblins are not allowed to rape the priestess but the slayer can?
GS: I won't let anyone roll the dice to get Priestess unless it is me.
GoD: Ok.
Old 2018-05-24, 11:59   Link #756
Twi

Quote:
Speaking of Priestess, she really should get some meat on her bones.
To be fair, I think her church takes a vow of poverty and she donates the majority of what she earns.
Old 2018-05-24, 12:06   Link #757
Tenzen12

I guess so, but even if she is basically just portable barrier she still need some stamina. If she wants follow GB as pupy she should take better care of herself. After all all She will not be able donate anything if she colapse en route.
Old 2018-05-24, 14:12   Link #758
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
i would believe it, if it was HEA after drinking night. Though I am not sure thhat out of two, she would be victim

Speaking of Priestess, she really should get some meat on her bones. How can someone so malnourished even be adventurer?
I think that either the artist made a mistake, or it's part of the reason why the two of them are naked in bed together.

Because I remember from the bath house illust a few chapter back that she isn't that skinny. In fact, this bodyline is more along the line of HEA I think.
Old 2018-05-24, 19:12   Link #759
Twi

Well, she did get a chunk bitten out of her and magic is a thing. I'm guessing the fact that she's not dead means whatever magic was used took from body mass?
Old 2018-05-25, 00:12   Link #760
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Well, she did get a chunk bitten out of her and magic is a thing. I'm guessing the fact that she's not dead means whatever magic was used took from body mass?
For some reasons...I always forgot that GS world has magic and supernatural entity.

Don't know why I keep having the impression that GSverse is just a medieval world without a superpower.

Tags
dark fantasy, harem, mature content, tragedy