AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-07-13, 15:57   Link #1021
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

We have a collector, I see.

I wouldn't go as far as keeping the entire line myself as I got tired of the slowpokes that were the Standard-type superdreadnoughts (and the predecessors thereof); I only keep from the NC up to the Montana (including the Missouri and Alabama, that already makes me a lot of USN BBs and I only have nine or so free port slots - I know I can get more from the daily crates by choosing the "consumables" option, but I'm prioritizing signals and camos right now). I intended to keep more ships on the IJN BB side (from the Fuso to the Yamato), with the exception of the Izumo...but now that WG is planning to increase the latter's plating to 50mm, I'm slowly but surely reconsidering that decision. I'm not in a hurry to get that aesthetic anathema back into my port, though.

Anyway, with 5.7M in the bank (up from barely 100K since my last post) I'm well on track to get the Minotaur before my premium time fizzles out (selling the Neptune with all mods and upgrades will yield a financial springboard of 11.6375M).

To my surprise, I actually completed all 26 Indy missions on their first day. I'm kind of impressed I went that far without skipping anything...I guess I couldn't resist the thought of getting American crates for free.

Oh, and USS Alaska is confirmed as a T9 premium, though it is for now not known whether it'll be an Arsenal exclusive or a FXP ship (I hope for the latter, since it'd make it a good counterweight to the Kronshtadt). Devs already announced its ballistics (esp. the ricochet angles) would be equivalent to the Des Moines 203mm AP rounds'.
Old 2018-07-14, 01:38   Link #1022
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

So I recently got my Worcester. I think it's been about... 7 days now that I've had it? Hmmm, maybe 8. I don't exactly remember. It's fun, if extremely squishy. Very much high-risk, high-reward. Heavy on the risk side. However, the amount of hurt you can put on other ships is ridiculous. With HE or AP. Obviously the 152mm caliber + IFHE like I use invites you to spam HE, but considering the 12-gun broadside combined with the 4-sec reload (lower under Adrenaline Rush effects), AP salvos are tremendous. I did 83k damage to a broadside Montana who was about 3/4 HP and also into his stern as I got SUUUUPER close (I almost accidentally rammed him... there were probably mere inches between us) and he overpenned as I circled around him. I almost killed him and would have if he hadn't been healing at the time, but literally one salvo before I finished him his back guns caught up to me and blew me up (I was only about 1/2 total HP). But I finished that game with about 165k total damage. I think my damage split for that game IIRC was 83k AP damage, 62k HE damage, and about 20k fire damage. The AP is no joke if you have a broadside target. And that AP damage had been done without a single citadel hit. It was all on the casemate armor, above the belt armor and below the deck. Just imagine what that kind of firepower would do to cruisers.

That is, assuming you're not being targeted, of course. A Minotaur the following game absolutely annihilated me. I tried to broadside citadel him before he could react, but he was good and angled right as I fired, most of my shots bounced, and his return volleys citadel'd me to death before I could also angle. The Worcester has to show almost all of its side to get its full DPM on a target, which could be fatal if you're not paying attention. Take caution, this ship is not forgiving of misplays. But I love it. The raw firepower this ship brings is terrifying, and the AA is amazing. Even with ZERO AA mods or skills other than the AA signal flag, I still have a 98 AA rating, lol.

Also, Akizuki, Kitakaze, and Harugumo 100mm guns will be getting a buff to a 1/4 HE pen rating instead of a 1/6 HE pen like it is currently, though as a result the Akizuki will be getting a nerf to its concealment and maneuverability (IIRC I think the rudder shift, specifically). Not sure why Akizuki needs to be nerfed as it was already a bit unwieldy at its tier, but I personally don't care too much. It's still better than when the Shiratsuyu got nerfed into irrelevancy. I do not know if the Harekaze will be included in that 100mm HE pen buff or not, though considering the dev notes did not mention it, I assume it will stay as-is, which I am also fine with. I don't mind having to run IFHE. On the plus side, the 1/4 pen means that the 100mm guns can be buffed with IFHE to pen values of ~33.25mm, meaning the new 100mm HE will be able to defeat 32mm armor plating when you use it in conjunction with IFHE. Which is what all high-tier BBs have for bow and stern armor. Topkek. I'll take a slight Akizuki nerf in exchange for that any day, especially when I get to the Harugumo and get another turret.

If Harekaze DOES get the buff (and if it does, also assuming it is not subsequently nerfed) it will probably be the best overall IJN DD due to its general features. Since it's basically a stock Kagero with Akizuki guns mounted instead of the shitty IJN 127mm guns. Tied with Kagero for best-in-class concealment, decent guns, decent torpedoes, decent speed, low HP (though it can be helped by Surv. Exp.), but the better version of Torpedo Reload Booster.
Old 2018-07-16, 22:10   Link #1023
Psyco Diver

I'm struggling to motivate myself with this game again.....
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-17, 09:53   Link #1024
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Got my Minotaur a couple days ago and instantly had the urge to go dillydally elsewhere...even revisit old games published during the past decade. I excessively grinded the Alabama in order to get those missing credits and went through a series of matches that seriously made me question the average IQ of the playerbase. I'm by no means a Unicum or a rocket scientist and therefore have no (cerebral) high ground to stand on, but when you have friendly DDs that do NOT cap or scout and merely hide behind an island (thereby leaving his cruiser allies -yours truly included- to be spotted and designated by the enemy DD) in hopes of surviving the first cap contest AND several BBs that go around a cap-bordering island (trying to flank, I know what they were trying to do) but essentially leave you completely without support (as they were hidden by the island's mountain), you just get the overwhelming impulse to pass your fist through your monitor and legitimize last-century theories about eugenics.

As a result, I haven't even tried my new Mino yet. Odds are, I'll wait more than a little bit until I have gathered enough credits for the mods (6.875M worth of modifications, total) before sailing this little spitfire. I'm just a bit exasperated right now, on top of courting another instance of gaming burnout.

Summer sales are in full swing, but I don't think there's a ship I want to buy. I might be tempted by the Giulio Cesare (which is OP for its tier) but that urge is barely registering. I'll probably pass.
Old 2018-07-18, 15:21   Link #1025
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Well.

So...I've been a bit remiss about the Halsey permanent campaign, as I've been grinding ships below Tier 8 (mainly to get IFHE for my Atlanta). I finally managed to convince myself to play WOWS today (premium expires in three days, so I gotta make the most of it) and completed Task 10 of Mission 3 (out of 5). The reward was two supercontainers.

I open the first one and...

SURPRISE, MOTHAF___A

I think I just expended my good luck allowance for both July and August, given how utterly unlucky I am with lotteries and whatnot.
Old 2018-07-18, 17:19   Link #1026
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Well.

So...I've been a bit remiss about the Halsey permanent campaign, as I've been grinding ships below Tier 8 (mainly to get IFHE for my Atlanta). I finally managed to convince myself to play WOWS today (premium expires in three days, so I gotta make the most of it) and completed Task 10 of Mission 3 (out of 5). The reward was two supercontainers.

I open the first one and...

SURPRISE, MOTHAF___A

I think I just expended my good luck allowance for both July and August, given how utterly unlucky I am with lotteries and whatnot.
You suck lmao, next I've ever given had been s couple SC with the special flags
Old 2018-07-22, 19:47   Link #1027
Psyco Diver

Currently grinding up my bank account again, I'm also keeping a close eye on the current summer ship sale WG, my wife said it's ok to buy 1 ship so I'm watching out for Roma, Alabama and Kii. I like the Roma and I tend to do well with quirky ships, Alabama cause I like her and Kii because I really need a good IJN trainer. What ever comes first I'll buy
Old 2018-07-23, 02:47   Link #1028
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

I'm officially on hiatus now, but I'm still keeping an eye on the final ships of the summer sale. So far, nothing really caught my eye and I don't think I'll buy anything.

As for your three ships:

Roma: just be prepared for some really frustrating dispersion. I've watched some gameplay videos and observed some friendly Romas fighting alongside myself...and that ship seems to be rather frustrating. Sure, it looks really good and offers alluring trajectories/ballistics (a lot of overpens IIRC), but I'm not sure I want a ship that seems to be a living embodiment of the nope.gif meme, with many shots missing their mark, even at distances where they shouldn't.

Alabama: extremely good ship, essentially a NC with more agility (excellent for torpedo beats) and better torpedo reduction rate. One of my personal faves, as it is also the first ship that ever gave me a Kraken. Easily a top pick in T8 premium suggestions.

Kii: an Amagi with better AA, gimmicky torpedo launchers...and no torpedo belt and slightly worse main gunnery. If you're very comfortable with the Amagi, the Kii should be right up your alley.
Old 2018-07-23, 11:19   Link #1029
Pen3

If you want an IJN premium, the Ashitaka is not bad, especially with the main gun buff for 7.7. I actually bought myself the Z-39 a few days ago and it is a blast to play, i highly recommended.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-23, 20:02   Link #1030
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
If you want an IJN premium, the Ashitaka is not bad, especially with the main gun buff for 7.7. I actually bought myself the Z-39 a few days ago and it is a blast to play, i highly recommended.
I thought about it also but the sale is over for it, so its a no go
Old 2018-07-23, 21:25   Link #1031
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Roma: just be prepared for some really frustrating dispersion. I've watched some gameplay videos and observed some friendly Romas fighting alongside myself...and that ship seems to be rather frustrating. Sure, it looks really good and offers alluring trajectories/ballistics (a lot of overpens IIRC), but I'm not sure I want a ship that seems to be a living embodiment of the nope.gif meme, with many shots missing their mark, even at distances where they shouldn't.

Alabama: extremely good ship, essentially a NC with more agility (excellent for torpedo beats) and better torpedo reduction rate. One of my personal faves, as it is also the first ship that ever gave me a Kraken. Easily a top pick in T8 premium suggestions.

Kii: an Amagi with better AA, gimmicky torpedo launchers...and no torpedo belt and slightly worse main gunnery. If you're very comfortable with the Amagi, the Kii should be right up your alley.
Kinda why I'm looking at those 3, I like and do pretty well in the Dunkerque which is another ship with derpy high velocity high penetration guns, it's why I think I will do well with her

I love my NC and I see the 'bama as a better in most ways ship I would enjoy

I also love the Amagi, its my go-to PTS ship and I do need a solid captain trainer for the IJN ships
Old 2018-07-24, 00:11   Link #1032
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Well, you got your wish. Today's special offer seems to be the Alabama (-30%, 30.78€ instead of the usual 43.97€).

Enjoy her, she's a really easy ship.
Old 2018-07-24, 06:02   Link #1033
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Well, you got your wish. Today's special offer seems to be the Alabama (-30%, 30.78€ instead of the usual 43.97€).

Enjoy her, she's a really easy ship.
Yea I saw but I was hoping for 50% off, not 30%. I noticed the last couple days they went from 50% to 30%which sucks if they hold this for the rest of the sale
Old 2018-07-24, 09:52   Link #1034
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

For high-tier (read: T8) BBs and CAs, the price reduction will always be in the 30% area, I'm afraid...especially if the ship is popular. That's how WG guarantees its influx of kopeks.

That means the next one on the list, either Tirpitz, Kii or Roma, will also be -30%.

EDIT: with 7.7 Ashitaka and Roma will be available for purchase in the in-game tech trees.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2018-07-24 at 10:27.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-29, 22:02   Link #1035
Psyco Diver

WG sent a rental Arizona to my other account and I'm in love, this ship is amazing. I thought I liked the NM but this ship with its sigma boost makes a huge difference in this ship. I am going to have to buy this ship
Old 2018-07-29, 23:31   Link #1036
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
WG sent a rental Arizona to my other account and I'm in love, this ship is amazing. I thought I liked the NM but this ship with its sigma boost makes a huge difference in this ship. I am going to have to buy this ship
It is a good ship, but i tend to stay away from USBB till tier 8 just due to the speed and firing range alone. Too often you get closer to the meat of the battle and the enemy turns and run. There is no helping it and it gets really irritating, i rather play battlecruisers for those tiers. I got the AZ and Texas from the Christmas secret Santa and i don't think they are worth it if you are paying full price.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-30, 05:01   Link #1037
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
WG sent a rental Arizona to my other account and I'm in love, this ship is amazing.
Rental? For which occasion?

Sorry, I haven't played in more than a week already and I haven't kept up with the news and upcoming events. The only rentals I ever heard of were the T10 clan rentals.

And, yes, for its tier, the Arizona is a fantastic ship, only hampered by the typical slow speed of the Standard-types.
Old 2018-07-30, 06:26   Link #1038
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Rental? For which occasion?

Sorry, I haven't played in more than a week already and I haven't kept up with the news and upcoming events. The only rentals I ever heard of were the T10 clan rentals.

And, yes, for its tier, the Arizona is a fantastic ship, only hampered by the typical slow speed of the Standard-types.
She hasn't logged into her account in about 6 months, they were giving away Guilo Ceasars for players that haven't logged in a while. I guessed it worked a little too well

I don't mind the 21 knot speed, my most played ships are USN BB line so I have a pretty good handle on how to make the most of them
Old 2018-07-30, 10:06   Link #1039
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Wait, is it a rental or a permanent gift? Last I checked, those Cesares or De Grasses were permanent incentives (including a boatload of FXP and credits) to come back to the game.

If that's the case, I might have to consider staying away from WOWS a bit longer.
Old 2018-07-30, 11:52   Link #1040
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Wait, is it a rental or a permanent gift? Last I checked, those Cesares or De Grasses were permanent incentives (including a boatload of FXP and credits) to come back to the game.

If that's the case, I might have to consider staying away from WOWS a bit longer.
It is a rental, plus 10 million credits, 20k fxp and 20 of each flag

Tags
naval warfare, warships