AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-04-09, 19:32   Link #41
Cerilla

Well played, Hai-Furi. Even the title itself is a ruse. Not GG level fake-out, but still didn't expect it go that way. This is pretty much no-hold-barred Girls und Panzer with real danger, the story going to interesting direction.
Old 2016-04-09, 20:47   Link #42
rladls2121

So, the main character, her dream just became a nightmare in a short time after she joined the navy along with her comrades and subordinates, is it?

No joke, their ship views from the opposing sides became like a pirate ship now.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-09, 20:57   Link #43
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernietheracefan View Post
Yes, she is..
Awesome, and thanks. What a time to catch up with love live This girl also seems like the shy, soft kind, so it fits, though the fact she has twintails gives me ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
So, the main character, her dream just became a nightmare in a short time after she joined the navy along with her comrades and subordinates, is it?
Well, no one is seriously hurt, so I'd say not quite yet, its still in the "pinch" territory.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-09, 21:16   Link #44
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So now highschool girls command naval ships now Well it started out a little annoying but it got better
Old 2016-04-09, 21:18   Link #45
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
If nothing else this show has the curiosity level raised. How far will they go with this? Are they just going to resolve this in a couple episodes or will this really be the show? This crew in a small ship being hunted down and perhaps trying to clear their names along the way? Although if that's really the case then they wouldn't go the route of the best friend hunting down the MC. This is something you'd call in the pros for, not students.

Not sure I care that much for the cast itself. It's just the surprise factor that has me curious.
Old 2016-04-09, 21:30   Link #46
Kamieichi

Maybe this thread name should be changed? Looks like they pulled off the similar thing as Ga-Rei Zero. The title was fake to deceive viewers and make them think it was moe slice-of-life (a.k.a Manga Time Kirara) anime.
Kamieichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-09, 22:06   Link #47
Cerilla

Lets summarize what we know so far. Hope that I didn't miss anything.

• The school our characters in is a training facilities to become Blue Mermaids.
  • As of this moment both Musashi and Harekaze is late and haven't reached the rendezvous point.
  • Harekaze is late mostly because of "engine malfunction"
  • Sarushima successfully baited Harekaze to attack her and in the process frame Harekaze's action for treason while conveniently omit the fact that she attacked first.
  • The school principal is relative to the XO of Harekaze Shiro-chan (Sisters?).

There are still a lot of holes to fill, but the variables are there. I really looking forward to the next episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
If nothing else this show has the curiosity level raised. How far will they go with this? Are they just going to resolve this in a couple episodes or will this really be the show? This crew in a small ship being hunted down and perhaps trying to clear their names along the way? Although if that's really the case then they wouldn't go the route of the best friend hunting down the MC. This is something you'd call in the pros for, not students.

Not sure I care that much for the cast itself. It's just the surprise factor that has me curious.
I guess Musashi will end up on the run just as Harekaze. Whether it is due to aiding Harekaze (the captains are friends ffs) or baited as well, we'll see it later.
Old 2016-04-09, 22:09   Link #48
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

Only the Musashi and Harekaze is late, that means they will likely meet up and make a team against a coup or might just be a realistic scenario training in the end. Either way, i expected something just fun to watch and fill my Saturday, but this looks pretty good for a first episode.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-09, 22:11   Link #49
Requiem-x
The slacking one

From the guys at 4chan, who were also pretty surprised by this first episode, comes this translated list on who's who and who does what aboard the ship, so prepare to memorize names, because Mayoiga wasn't enough, apparently.

Spoiler for Crew list:

Last edited by Requiem-x; 2016-04-09 at 23:58.
Old 2016-04-09, 22:35   Link #50
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-09, 23:22   Link #51
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
From the guys at 4chan, who were also pretty surprised by this first episode, comes this translated list on who's who and who does what aboard the ship, so prepare to memorize names, because Mayoiga wasn't enough, apparently.

Spoiler for Crew list:
Do you have bigger image?
Old 2016-04-09, 23:46   Link #52
Irenesharda

An interesting premise and I'm surprised at where it went, I expected your usual classroom antics but with a naval edge, not full on battle experience!

So the Blue Mermaids are like some merger of the WAVES and the SPARS, and now our girls are stuck in some weird position where they are being considered mutineers? I'm wondering what is up with their instructor and where this story is going to go. How serious will it get?

Not what I was expecting, but I'm game.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-09, 23:53   Link #53
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

It looks like things will be more serious than anticipated. On an unrelated note, this will be the second anime of 2016 that wound up having Misaki and Mashiro as two of the characters' given names (Aokana, anyone?).
Old 2016-04-10, 00:05   Link #54
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Do you have bigger image?
Here you go.

Spoiler for Crew list Mk2:

Once again, I appreciate everyone in the crew having a distinct look. Regardless of the path this series takes, you couldn't have that "the crew is like family" mantra if everyone besides the bridge team looked like generic, disposable nobodies.
Old 2016-04-10, 00:28   Link #55
Ernietheracefan

I'll be damned if in the next episode they'd be congratulated by the teacher for surviving the friendly "pranks"..

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 00:41   Link #56
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I'll be damned if in the next episode they'd be congratulated by the teacher for surviving the friendly "pranks"..
The instructor shot them with live ammo. That was no prank.
Old 2016-04-10, 00:42   Link #57
Nork22

I expected cute girls driving big ships. Got that and then I got more. This was a big surprise and I'm hoping for more naval action that's a bit more "realistic" but exciting nonetheless. Props to them showing Musashi and the scale of those guns.
Old 2016-04-10, 00:43   Link #58
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
The reaction across forums and boards would be something to behold, though. And we'd still have a comfy slice of life show with a colorful cast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
The instructor shot them with live ammo. That was no prank.
Also, the whole japanese navy seems to be up in arms about the incident. But still, weirder/dumber things have happened in anime before so one can't help but be a bit cynical...
Old 2016-04-10, 00:46   Link #59
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
The reaction across forums and boards would be something to behold, though. And we'd still have a comfy slice of life show with a colorful cast.

By the way, it seems the haifuri manga acted more like a prequel, or rather, it takes place before the girls board the ship, so there was no way of telling this was going to happen.
It'd be a shame if they tossed the most interesting aspect of this show out the window though.

Think it'll be a much stronger route if they do keep it going as it appears at this point. The teacher setting them up for some reason, only firing at them to get them to fire back and thus claim they mutinied. Why? I have no clue, but be fun to find out.
Old 2016-04-10, 00:55   Link #60
Marina2

So can any ship expert around here tell me which ship model does Harekaze destroyer base on?

I googled Harekaze destroyer but look like there is no ship with this name (only found Harukaze).

I wonder how Japanese think of this show?

Tags
school life, sea battles, ship girls