AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-11-09, 00:16   Link #4461
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
How would you come down to that conclusion, if he took a chance to harm her soul?
I have confident that he will never ever think about taking a chance of harming Athena's soul, but I want to state whether I want him to or not if he were to choose a path taking the ending into consideration.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 00:26   Link #4462
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
I think, either way, he'll look like a douche. If he chooses to protect Athena, then he'll fail to protect Nagi's inheritance. On the other hand, if he chooses to protect Nagi's inheritance, he'll fail to protect Athena.

But, all the same, I want him to choose, even if that's not the path he ends up taking, and he ends up protecting both things somehow. Any choice is okay, as long as he makes it. Seriously, I'm dead tired of his indecisiveness. I don't know if him being indecisive is another trait the Japanese fans like, but at this point, I find it quite vexing.
Well, Hayate stated himself that he's not good with girls. This is a difficult choice on Hayate's perspective like you said, but I think there's always option 3 when it comes to mangas like this, its a cliche.

This is a harem manga. If he chooses a girl right off the bat, Hata wouldn't be able to write this story and keep his money rolling in. Actually, I think Japanese find it entertaining to see a male character baffled about the female characters around him.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 00:27   Link #4463
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
I want to state whether I want him to or not if he were to choose a path taking the ending into consideration.
Yes, but how would him attempting to harm Athena's soul lead to an Athena end? That'd make no sense in my opinion, and on top of that, it'd be hypocritical taking into account Hayate's actions.

I think him breaking the stone (which has as high chances of happening, as him attempting to harm Athena's soul) would have higher chances of an Athena end, than the other choice. He'd have to explain Nagi why he did that. That explanation would involve Athena, and Hayate, being who he is, probably would state his feelings for her. Well, this would lead to an awkward situation, since he'd have to take care of Nagi if she indeed loses the inheritance.

Anyway, I think chances for any of these scenarios to take place are almost zero. So, I wonder how will Hata solve this issue. As I've said before, I'd rather it not involve something too corny, but alas, that may happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya_Kame_13 View Post
I think there's always option 3 when it comes to mangas like this, its a cliche.
I know, that's why I think Hata shouldn't have made things more complicated, and that he should have ended this issues in a simpler way.

Quote:
I think Japanese find it entertaining to see a male character baffled about the female characters around him.
I do too, but sometimes I like something different, you know, like development of an official couple. But, all the same, I may be looking for it in the wrong place. I guess I'd just better enjoy the ride.
Old 2009-11-09, 00:30   Link #4464
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

I think he gonna take the 0.1% route, there are multiple reason why i think it be.
1. He owes Nagi so he just can't break the stone
2. He definitely want to save Athena without hurting her
BTW, did you guys notice that even with his terribly bad luck, he managed to live.
That because he actually used up all his luck on his survival. (My Observation)
Old 2009-11-09, 00:34   Link #4465
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Yes, but how would him attempting to harm Athena's soul lead to an Athena end? That'd make no sense in my opinion, and on top of that, it'd be hypocritical taking into account Hayate's actions.

I think him breaking the stone (which has as high chances of happening, as him attempting to harm Athena's soul) would have higher chances of an Athena end, than the other choice. He'd have to explain Nagi why he did that. That explanation would involve Athena, and Hayate, being who he is, probably would state his feelings for her. Well, this would lead to an awkward situation, since he'd have to take care of Nagi if she indeed loses the inheritance.
Not attempting, but taking a risk. It is not certain whether her soul will be disrupt or not. I was kinda thinking that those who suffer more will have a better ending later.

Explanations can be done to Nagi. But how will he repay Nagi for what he did, making her lost the right to the inheritance? Unless having to stay with her and work for her, maybe for life, taking his personality into account.

If choosing Athena and then having a higher chance of ending up with her, I could not be more satisfy. Break that stone!!!!

Last edited by zodanhko; 2009-11-09 at 00:55.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 00:35   Link #4466
Koroshiya_Kame_13

To me his bad luck is just a gag used by Hata to create humor. I would say he's actually quite lucky, getting adopted (quite literally) by a super rich ojou-sama and being able to go to a first rate high school with fees covered by the master, not to mention he's surrounded by girls. You don't see a guy with bad luck with this kind of condition often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
He LIES!!!!!!!!He had been deceiving us all!!!

If he is bad with girl, how did he ever make someone like Athena, who's practically perfect, fall for him. Bastard!!! Acting innocence and such. Do not believe his words!!!
He's actually good with girls, but he's just too dense to realize it and with the thought "A girl this perfect can't like someone like me", of course he wouldn't think he's good with girls.
Old 2009-11-09, 00:37   Link #4467
Wolfnagi

So he actually have a good kind of bad luck??
Old 2009-11-09, 00:39   Link #4468
Used Can

Quote:
getting adopted (quite literally) by a super rich ojou-sama
And this has happened TWICE.
Old 2009-11-09, 00:42   Link #4469
kuhz

ah... hayate bad luck is just cover..
actually, he's damn lucky man, lol.
kuhz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 00:42   Link #4470
Wolfnagi

when was the second time?
Old 2009-11-09, 00:43   Link #4471
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfnagi View Post
when was the second time?
I'm not really sure which one Used Can was referring to, but it should either be being saved by Athena, then Nagi, or being saved by Nagi, then bought by Isumi.
Old 2009-11-09, 00:46   Link #4472
Used Can

Yes, first time was Athena, and the second was Nagi. But now that you mention it, Isumi did adopt him for a while, and technically speaking, Hina did it too.

Lucky fucker, if that's bad luck then give me some.
Old 2009-11-09, 00:47   Link #4473
kuhz

i think the first is by athena, then second by nagi
Old 2009-11-09, 00:49   Link #4474
Wolfnagi

then it supposed to be 4 times right.
4 times adopted. wow
Old 2009-11-09, 00:52   Link #4475
Himegami Akane

How can this be called bad luck??

Staying in Nagi/Hina's house is already a big luck, so if this is bad luck what he thinks that is a good luck??
Himegami Akane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 00:56   Link #4476
Wolfnagi

I think that would be:
1. Always been beaten like hell many times
2. Always create misunderstanding.
the only bad luck that is bad for him is money.
Old 2009-11-09, 00:57   Link #4477
kuhz

get a house 3LDK??
Old 2009-11-09, 01:00   Link #4478
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfnagi View Post
I think that would be:
1. Always been beaten like hell many times
2. Always create misunderstanding.
the only bad luck that is bad for him is money.
1. He could've avoided if he wanted to, but his chivalry lands himself in trouble (ie helping Isumi and then gets chased by her bodyguards).
2. Hata made him into a genius of causing misunderstandings to create humor. Not just him, many characters around him misunderstands alot too.
He doesn't really need money, since he lives with Nagi who covers all of his expenses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuhz View Post
get a house 3LDK??
The living standard Hayate seeks are extremely low thanks to his parents.
Old 2009-11-09, 01:01   Link #4479
Wolfnagi

@kuhz
what do you mean by that??
If you mean by his dream then, it still does't make sense about his luck??

@Koroshiya kame 13
The main reason why he was adopted by Nagi and Hina is actually because of money.
That's why he have such a bad luck in money.
Old 2009-11-09, 01:02   Link #4480
Himegami Akane

Well, just like Klaus and Mikado said before: "He's the type of man with a poor face that will never get any luck with money"... i guess that's the only one bad luck of him, and i don't guess he's caring so much about it anyways...

Well, his dream of getting a 3LDK probably for him is a "BIG" dream... but i guess if he want it he can buy one with the money he receives from Nagi and his work at the Coffee (which he works with Ayumu,Nagi and sometimes Hina)...
Himegami Akane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen