AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-04-05, 14:18   Link #13461
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
Sounds like we agree on quite a bit now then, including how Moka and Tsukune are likely to look like later on although Im going to avoid peeking inside your spoiler!

Another thing that makes me think outer Moka is actually part of the true Moka's more repressed side of the personality is if you noticed that during the episode where Inner Moka spent the day 'on the outside', the others commented whilst spying on her that when she's not fighting/acting agressive, I.Moka is actually a surprisingly nice/kind person (again lending some credibility to the two personalities are part of one whole personality theory), they almost seem to have this whole Ying and Yang thing going on, where both are part of one whole, and although we dont see it so often, both possess factors we usually attribute to the other.
See: http://www.onemanga.com/Rosario-Vampire_II/26/15/
I think a lot of people missed the importance of that comment, considering the really 'outer' moment she had later on after Tsukune ate the pie, and then next chapters comment from Tsukune about how he wishes the two would become one.

You know Im almost surprised the mangaka hasn't had the idea of a halloween chapter back in the human world...if Tsukune and his friends were to visit during halloween, they could probably get away with blue murder around his parents, if they pretended they were in costume.

Well...unless something went wrong, and his family realised they weren't actually costumes. Would also be a SLIGHTLY easier way to break the news to his parents, turn up looking more vampiric with the hair, eyes and teeth, as though it was a costume, then drag his parents aside and speak to them/demonstrate before he is about to leave.
A Halloween chapter could be *brilliant*.
Well that might be one way to break the news to Tsukune's parents about his condition. Although if you remember how Tsukuine's mother acted after Moka and the rest of the girls showed up in Tsukune's home ... they would probably still ... get the shock of their lifetime.

Well, getting back to the discussion I think that Tsukune's vampire form is going to be reveled to Tsukune's family ... in a more serious and dramatic fashion then what you proposed tyranuus. At least that's my suspicion on this topic.

Regarding Moka's ... "duel" personality, well there are still a lot we don't know about the Rosario and how both personalities came into existence ... or rather where the aspects of Moka's Outer personality came from to be definitely sure about our own theories on this topic ... but, as you have mentioned tyranuus there are hints that suggest that Outer Moka's personality came from some hidden aspects of Moka's "true personality" which after Moka's power's where sealed by the Rosario where split up into her Outer and Inner personality.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 14:30   Link #13462
shaselai

does Moka only have Khalua as a real sister? I guess Moka's father has a lot of wives so she has many step sisters?
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 14:37   Link #13463
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post

Moppy haired daughter, still like mother like daughter.
I prefer their manga counterparts over the anime ones. Not sure if we seen it yet, but I wouldn't mind seeing Tsurara with her hair down...

Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 14:50   Link #13464
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaselai View Post
does Moka only have Khalua as a real sister? I guess Moka's father has a lot of wives so she has many step sisters?
Well I don't remember if it has been completely explained in the manga yet ...

Spoiler for Moka's siblings - chapter 29 spoilers:
Old 2010-04-05, 15:02   Link #13465
shaselai

From wiki it states kokoa and kalua share same last name shuzen which doesnt make sense if the newcomer also shuzen and Akashiya is Moka's last name? I would not be surprised if moka's mom was banished/killed because she was an obstacle to fairy tail
Old 2010-04-05, 15:05   Link #13466
Chris38

Quote:
From wiki it states kokoa and kalua share same last name shuzen which doesnt make sense if the newcomer also shuzen and Akashiya is Moka's last name? I would not be surprised if moka's mom was banished/killed because she was an obstacle to fairy tail
That might be possible ... though I think that she was rather banished ... for some reason, rather then killed. In any case it might be possible that we will get an answer to that soon, so it's probably best to wait and see what happens in the manga next.
Old 2010-04-05, 15:12   Link #13467
shaselai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
That might be possible ... though I think that she was rather banished ... for some reason, rather then killed. In any case it might be possible that we will get an answer to that soon, so it's probably best to wait and see what happens in the manga next.
yeah hope there's no break coming up... It would be nice in the end for only one moka with the looks of the inner moka because she looks so much better
Old 2010-04-05, 15:15   Link #13468
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
Well that might be one way to break the news to Tsukune's parents about his condition. Although if you remember how Tsukuine's mother acted after Moka and the rest of the girls showed up in Tsukune's home ... they would probably still ... get the shock of their lifetime.

Well, getting back to the discussion I think that Tsukune's vampire form is going to be reveled to Tsukune's family ... in a more serious and dramatic fashion then what you proposed tyranuus. At least that's my suspicion on this topic.
To be fair I don't disagree, the halloween idea is about the most light hearted way I've thought of it could happen so far, I do agree it'll happen somehow, at least it's likely to, and to be fair I think there's just as high a chance its either going to happen when either someone acts directly against his family/moka/friends, OR try to kill him in front of them (sorry, I'm not dead...RRRRRRAAARRRRR!!!!! Kinda like what happened when he got face pounded by Mizore's harrasser...just much more dramatic and violent)

Some pretty awesome cinematic potential in the reveal me thinks, as Im sure it's going to happen at a pretty big story point in the series, it could also be the moment that marks a permanent change in his appearance, as befitting almost a change of perspective or his situation, as well as another step in the growth of his power.

Its not going to be easy for his family, in fact the one Im most interested in the reaction from will be his cousin; we know she at least has an idea of what he's surrounded by, and it makes me wonder whether at some level she knows he's not perhaps entirely human anymore.

Edit: I did actually explain some possible scenarios elsewhere...I'll see if I can find them.

Ah here we go, it was actually a few pages back directly in response to you Chris!

Quote:
E)I think thats a definate possibility, and like you I think they'll come to accept it (I think his cousin may have lot easier time accepting it than his parents though given what she has already seen or knows!), I just think its got the potential to be a pretty cool moment in the series when it finally happens, so I hope the potential of a really cool full page drawing etc isn't missed.
Personally I think some of the best wow moments they could get out of it would either be:

A- When they think he's just been killed whilst with them/in front of them, so they're upset, and then he full on vamps out up to one of strongest forms/experiences seen so far (perhaps even with full on Moka-esque change to voice to represent that whilst he is still Tsukune, he is also not 'just' Tsukune...but without the split personality cause by the Rosary), basically full on Vampire without the weaknesses mode, and beats the crap out of whoever did it.
B-About to kill his family/and Moka in front of him, and he goes absolutely beserk but without the ghoul-esque loss of self, again similar sort of thing as A, just slightly different scenario.

We've seen before now he seems to hit his higher strength periods when he's more emotional or really willing to let go/risk everything, not to mention he's done a LOT of training since some of his earlier transformations, so I think either of these moments could result in him transitioning to quite a powerful state, possibly to near unrestricted Moka levels, but again without the weaknesses, who knows, we'll need to wait and find out.

Another thing that would be quite cool to accompany this 'reveal' would be his appearance changing slightly on a more permanent basis (be it his hair colour, his eyes, or perhaps his teeth), almost a visual allegory to the fact his family now know, he is entering a new stage in his life, and he is no longer the same Tsukune he once was. Either way, looking forward to it...lots of 'cinematic' power and possibility to the event.
Im certainly looking forward to seeing how the reveal is pulled off, could definately be a powerful moment.
Reading: None at the moment

Last edited by tyranuus; 2010-04-05 at 15:25.
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 15:16   Link #13469
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
yeah hope there's no break coming up... It would be nice in the end for only one moka with the looks of the inner moka because she looks so much better
Am I the only one who likes the way both Moka's look and the way the characters come across?
Old 2010-04-05, 15:16   Link #13470
Ged
Legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I prefer their manga counterparts over the anime ones. Not sure if we seen it yet, but I wouldn't mind seeing Tsurara with her hair down...

O.o Mizore doesn't look like herself at all... and yes it would be interesting to see Tsuraras hair all down... hard to say how long it would be tho
Ged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 15:34   Link #13471
Johnny
Working the bags...

Yeah, that's an old pic where she just cut her hair after Tsukune's smackdown of Kotsubo...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 15:41   Link #13472
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Regarding Moka's ... "duel" personality, well there are still a lot we don't know about the Rosario and how both personalities came into existence ... or rather where the aspects of Moka's Outer personality came from to be definitely sure about our own theories on this topic ... but, as you have mentioned tyranuus there are hints that suggest that Outer Moka's personality came from some hidden aspects of Moka's "true personality" which after Moka's power's where sealed by the Rosario where split up into her Outer and Inner personality.
Wouldn't that make Moka a potential tsundere?
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 15:46   Link #13473
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Quote:
Tsukune's hair also goes silver in this mode, so its possibly just a more vampiric trait rather than related to Moka's dad (who Im guessing is who everyone is refering to as Daddy Starbucks...guessing thats an american reference ).
Well, that not just an american reference if there are Starbucks Coffee shops in Europe as well. Though I will say those are practically everywhere here in the states, but surely there's some of the franchise that's international.

But yeah the whole idea of nicknaming Moka's father "Daddy Starbucks" is because of the coffee shop selection for the names of the 3 younger daughters being named for coffees or chocolate drinks. And even now, this eldest daughter continues the trend of drinks or liquid naming as well too.

Quote:
All the sisters are probably half-sisters with their father as the common parent, with the possible exception of the eldest, but we probably won't know "her" story for sure until chapter 30.

Oh, and Tyranuus, just so you know, when posting, do try to keep from double posting. If you happen to be the last person to post and have an afterthought you want to add, please edit your latest post to add that information, IF someone else hasn't posed behind you yet. Just a little rule of thumb we follow around here.
Old 2010-04-05, 16:04   Link #13474
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
Well, that not just an american reference if there are Starbucks Coffee shops in Europe as well. Though I will say those are practically everywhere here in the states, but surely there's some of the franchise that's international.

But yeah the whole idea of nicknaming Moka's father "Daddy Starbucks" is because of the coffee shop selection for the names of the 3 younger daughters being named for coffees or chocolate drinks. And even now, this eldest daughter continues the trend of drinks or liquid naming as well too.

Oh, and Tyranuus, just so you know, when posting, do try to keep from double posting. If you happen to be the last person to post and have an afterthought you want to add, please edit your latest post to add that information, IF someone else hasn't posed behind you yet. Just a little rule of thumb we follow around here.
Ah right, Starbucks is over here, but I'd figured that was some sort of pop culture reference, advert or something, rather than just because they're named after Mocha, Cocoa and Kahlua (what next for the older sister, Latteh after Latte?). If the dad comes out with some silly name like Whiske or some other strong drink...I think I'll be slightly depressed.

No worries on the double post thing, too used to other forums where it happens all the time I guess, will try to remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000
Don't get me wrong, my fully understanding some of these terms isn't perfect, but as I understand Tsundere, Im not sure if it really counts if they're currently operating as two seperate personalities!
I suppose it might be possible if they merge and she stays like this, but I figure if both personalities merge she'll probably be a bit more direct over her feelings, O.M is head over heels and admits it, and I.M is on the verge. I get the feeling a merge of those two might be a bit more possessive of Tsukune, and might act a little more directly is it deredere [is that the right word?]
Old 2010-04-05, 16:32   Link #13475
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, my fully understanding some of these terms isn't perfect, but as I understand Tsundere, Im not sure if it really counts if they're currently operating as two seperate personalities!
I suppose it might be possible if they merge and she stays like this, but I figure if both personalities merge she'll probably be a bit more direct over her feelings, O.M is head over heels and admits it, and I.M is on the verge. I get the feeling a merge of those two might be a bit more possessive of Tsukune, and might act a little more directly is it deredere [is that the right word?]
You can be direct with your feelings but still be a tsundere if you tease/put down the main guy or get really angry and overjealous (Sheryl or similar characters). Heck even Horo does fall under tsundere category even if she is very docile but she still is a considerably tsundere even if she almost never uses violent approach on her love interest.

I think that ife they want to empathize on the change they might want to bring I Moka more than outer one because otherwise it would bring back us to the status qou anyway.

Tsundere doesn't have to deny her feelings to be a tsundere, heck some do not, they just have it problem on expressing that or being nice/kind to their love interest even when they express their love.
Old 2010-04-05, 16:37   Link #13476
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Moka was a tsundere from the beginning. Ura-chan is the tsun part and Omote is the dere part. It's just now, in Season 2, that Ura-chan started exhibiting more of the dere qualities of Omote. This is also why some of us believe that Omote and Ura-chan's personalities would eventually merge.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 16:47   Link #13477
microgamer
Inventor of Tapping

So I was at Sakuracon this past weekend and I thought I would post the R+V cosplays I saw. Some were alright, others...

Here are the pics:
Spoiler for Mizore:

Spoiler for Kurumu:

Spoiler for Moka:

I wish the male characters from R+V would be more fun to cosplay, otherwise I'd be on top of that. Given that it is a harem series, it's understandable. Still, I think R+V has a special place in my heart and I'd like to represent it somehow.
microgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 16:49   Link #13478
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post
Moka was a tsundere from the beginning. Ura-chan is the tsun part and Omote is the dere part. It's just now, in Season 2, that Ura-chan started exhibiting more of the dere qualities of Omote. This is also why some of us believe that Omote and Ura-chan's personalities would eventually merge.
Not exactly. Tsundere needs to be one person and so far both Moka's are not the same person so she was not a tsundere. I havent seen on any groups that like Tsundere's to call Moka a tsundere. She is not unless the I.Moka takes control over and displays some soft (dere features) or they merge and still keep the bipolar of the personalities in one persona
Old 2010-04-05, 17:15   Link #13479
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Heh, thats pretty much what I was trying to say back to you!

Personally I think if they do merge, the new Moka personality will show aspects of both, perhaps even to the same extremes (this is the same person after all), but it'll be a more rounded manner, rather than the bipolar nature we've seen at points from I/O.Moka.

Arguable given the explanations, and judging them seperately, as of Season 2, I.Moka has been somewhat Tsundere as of late (or perhaps even since early on going by the recap/memory shown in Ch40 of season 1,which was meant to be set fairly shortly after he joined the school), Outer Moka on the other hand has been all the way and obvious for quite some time (I could be wrong but didn't she even say "I love you" quite early on, during the Birthday/painting/medusa chapter)

And those cosplays... to nick the phrase "did not want..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgamer
I wish the male characters from R+V would be more fun to cosplay, otherwise I'd be on top of that. Given that it is a harem series, it's understandable. Still, I think R+V has a special place in my heart and I'd like to represent it somehow.
Could always do vampiric Tsukune over normal Tsukune... get some contact lenses, bit of facepaint, shirt, trouser and shoes etc etc. Probably quite easy and still recognisable if you could find appropriate contacts.
Old 2010-04-05, 17:18   Link #13480
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Not exactly. Tsundere needs to be one person and so far both Moka's are not the same person so she was not a tsundere. I havent seen on any groups that like Tsundere's to call Moka a tsundere. She is not unless the I.Moka takes control over and displays some soft (dere features) or they merge and still keep the bipolar of the personalities in one persona
That depends on how you see Moka. Tsukune considers them as one person. I tend to see Ura-chan and Omote as two sides of the same coin as well. To me, they are one person.

The tropers on TVtropes also think that Moka falls under the tsundere classification: here and here.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire