AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 29 29.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 30.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 11.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.00%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-13, 15:48   Link #21
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Step 1 complete in having an anime original ending complete. Let the Yoshida love begin!

I'm glad that it doesn't look like they're going to leave the ending at a cliffhanger. Considering it'd be something like a year or two long wait for S3, and I really am tiring of Shana, it would be good if they just conclude it.
If they happen to leave a cliffhanger, but conclude the relationship and drops out Yoshida from it, would you drop the series?

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2008-03-13, 15:52   Link #22
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
If they happen to leave a cliffhanger, but conclude the relationship and drops out Yoshida from it, would you drop the series?
Well, first I'd cry. Then I'd probably cry some more. Then I'd write another fanfic about Yoshida winning. Then I'd wait, and continue to watch the next season, cursing JC Staff for being so cruel.
Old 2008-03-13, 16:04   Link #23
HayashiMugen
(O_O;)

Send a message via AIM to HayashiMugen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnaiyus View Post
Come see little teasers for yourself here people =D

EDIT: Weee, the episode is up on NicoVideo (you need to register) here
They removed the video.
Old 2008-03-13, 16:07   Link #24
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Well, first I'd cry. Then I'd probably cry some more. Then I'd write another fanfic about Yoshida winning. Then I'd wait, and continue to watch the next season, cursing JC Staff for being so cruel.
Assuming that Ike manages to confess to Yoshida by the end of the season, and the previous conditions still hold true, would you gear toward to Yoshida x Ike instead?

Personally, I don't mind Season 3; but I just hope it's better than this season. This season isn't bad, but it hasn't been done as well as I had wanted and expected.

I'm gonna still be optimistic and hope for a godly studio picking Shana up (maybe KyoAni), or a J.C.Staff studio reform, when it turns to becoming a godly studio.

In any case, the title for the last episode (on anidb) is "Things To Protect." To me, it sounds like there are a lot of openings there. Personally, I see a Season 3 coming... Of course, title doesn't mean a lot, but I'll continue to keep my hope up, assuming a J.C.Staff reform will come. (their other anime, Hayate no Gotoku, is pretty good, though. )

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2008-03-13, 16:10   Link #25
Mukki

Send a message via AIM to Mukki
Of course, there is still the last character that has yet to be revealed for the Balle Masque on the SnS page. Maybe...?
Old 2008-03-13, 16:11   Link #26
Toreno
すごい!

Quote:
If they dropped out Shana from it, that would be cruel.
Old 2008-03-13, 16:15   Link #27
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
Assuming that Ike manages to confess to Yoshida by the end of the season, and the previous conditions still hold true, would you gear toward to Yoshida x Ike instead?

Personally, I don't mind Season 3; but I just hope it's better than this season. This season isn't bad, but it hasn't been done as well as I had wanted and expected.

I'm gonna still be optimistic and hope for a godly studio picking Shana up (maybe KyoAni), or a J.C.Staff studio reform, when it turns to becoming a godly studio.

In any case, the title for the last episode (on anidb) is "Things To Protect." To me, it sounds like there are a lot of openings there. Personally, I see a Season 3 coming... Of course, title doesn't mean a lot, but I'll continue to keep my hope up, assuming a J.C.Staff reform will come. (their other anime, Hayate no Gotoku, is pretty good, though. )
Maybe "Kazumi, you are my precious thing. Without Shana here, there is nobody but me. And I will protect you for eternity!"
Old 2008-03-13, 16:38   Link #28
Machina

I'd watch an endless number of Shana seasons. As long as it had Margery and Marco.
Old 2008-03-13, 16:47   Link #29
gabbytay
Banned

F8CK THIS SHIT , Mail bomb JC!
This are the reasons why almost all their show s*ck!
Old 2008-03-13, 16:53   Link #30
piku
Wilhelmina Carmel my love

Send a message via MSN to piku
nice drawing style. generally good script, but not so satisfactory on the part of
Spoiler for episode 22:
these 3 parts should be more focus on character's emotion rather than just tell the viewers that these facts are essential for the story development.

otherwise this episode is above average. .
Spoiler for episode 23 and the final:

little opinion on too many untagged novel spoiler in this thread... it may be terrible to those who has never read the original before and looking forward for the story's progress.
Old 2008-03-13, 16:53   Link #31
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

You guys are adorable.
Old 2008-03-13, 17:02   Link #32
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbytay View Post
F8CK THIS SHIT , Mail bomb JC!
This are the reasons why almost all their show s*ck!
Whoa, whoa... I haven't watched this episode yet but was it really that bad? I think J.C.Staff have done an alright job, just not good or great...

Also, not all of their shows are bad. I personally enjoy Shana, Zero no Tsukaima I, and Hayate no Gotoku...

Of course, I'd be pretty mad if J.C.Staff were to leave Yuji dead and end this season like that... but the chance of them doing that is pretty slim (or hopefully so).

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga

Last edited by teachopvutru; 2008-03-13 at 17:32. Reason: spelled mad as made... =.=
Old 2008-03-13, 17:02   Link #33
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoExecutor View Post
Bel Peol has got quite a bustline. Did Dantalion pump more estrogen into her body or something?

Not to be combat-obsessive, but did Yuji get ambushed or was he just wasting time standing there while Hecate extracted the Reiji Maigo out of him? Unless he's hindered from moving, he could've just chanced things and acted in almost the same manner as he did against Zarovee. But then again, the subs aren't out so I don't what his situation is.
Who knows but then again, Yuji did have sharp senses. Pity the rule "action first, questions later" doesn't apply to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoExecutor View Post
By the way, any chance that Kazumi's younger brother could get some screentime?
No, because Ken Yoshida isn't important at the moment and no one cares about him.
Old 2008-03-13, 17:12   Link #34
Arnaiyus
Golden Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by retake09 View Post
They removed the video.
Fixd =D. You can't stop fans that easily lol.
Old 2008-03-13, 17:17   Link #35
Crisano

Ouch, a lot of people here are joining the JC hate wagon. I'm personally not going to make any judgments until the end of the series; even if the show doesn't follow the novel, I won't let that effect my final judgement and my enjoyment of the show.
Old 2008-03-13, 17:25   Link #36
Kyuusaisha

To top what happens in the novels, JC must have gotten an abnormaly huge boost in writing skills what with how the Konoe arc played out, which means the chance of an ending that doesn't suck is very very low.
Old 2008-03-13, 17:26   Link #37
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
I'm of the opinion that this is just a bit of an overreaction from most of the people... Seriously. I'm not at all bothered by this turn of events, though it does screw things up for me. At least this is nowhere near as terrible as say Nanoha StrikerS or ZnT2.
Old 2008-03-13, 17:40   Link #38
Arnaiyus
Golden Justice

Hold your guns people. Many of you are forgetting this. One missing character in Bal Masqué's side...if it isn't the Silver (which couldn't be anyways, they showed him like 5 times and I don't see why he would be placed there anyways), the placement STRONGLY suggests that it will be SnH...let's see how it plays out before screaming bloody murder. Don't forget that the storyline isn't complete yet on the novel side, J.C has to find a way to finish this season and leaving an opening for a third one to finish things properly.

Last edited by Arnaiyus; 2008-03-13 at 17:40. Reason: spelling ftl
Old 2008-03-13, 17:44   Link #39
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnaiyus View Post
Hold your guns people. Many of you are forgetting this. One missing character in Bal Masqué's side...if it isn't the Silver (which couldn't be anyways, they showed him like 5 times and I don't see why he would be placed there anyways), the placement STRONGLY suggests that it will be SnH...let's see how it plays out before screaming bloody murder. Don't forget that the storyline isn't complete yet on the novel side, J.C has to find a way to finish this season and leaving an opening for a third one to finish things properly.
GOGO Arnaiyus. He's thinking straight here. He's got a good point.
Old 2008-03-13, 17:45   Link #40
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
I'm of the opinion that this is just a bit of an overreaction from most of the people... Seriously. I'm not at all bothered by this turn of events, though it does screw things up for me. At least this is nowhere near as terrible as say Nanoha StrikerS or ZnT2.
Well, I can understand how people could be annoyed.

An anime original ending is just going to cause the same issues as this time around. (filler plotlines at the beginning of season, confusion in terms of character motivations, ruins certain elements of the pacing) And since Bal Masque probably won't be eliminated after this, it's just going to feel like a cliffhanger again. (certainly not the degree of some ways they could have done it, but let's face it, as long as they can make money, there will be a season 3, and thus they're going to need villains.)

The episode itself isn't that bad, it has some nice relationship moments (though I feel like they mishandled the Shana and Wilhelmina fight completely. >_< ...in a way this material really deserved 2 episodes. but that is a trivial matter.), it's just a lot of the things it represents are rather questionable.
Closed Thread