AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 106 40.93%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 63 24.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 12.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 6.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 5.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 2.32%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.39%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 1.54%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 17 6.56%
Voters: 259. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-29, 16:37   Link #81
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

haven't look at spoilers on pg 1 or 2 yet, and haven't sited the aria or gundam ep discussion yet. so i partially held to my promise..
Old 2008-03-29, 16:40   Link #82
Rembr

What's a good place to see a hiromi vs noe warfare?
Old 2008-03-29, 16:41   Link #83
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rembr View Post
Omni's blog, I suppose, but there are plenty of other anime forums which usually have much bigger shipping drama than here (Thank god...).
Old 2008-03-29, 16:43   Link #84
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Yeah, I can believe that theory!
Seems very plausible from the scene from the 8 minutes mark as well as the obvious one later when she visits her flat.
Old 2008-03-29, 16:50   Link #85
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rembr View Post
4chan is always good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Also @ tun I lol'd at your ending scene version, and oh props for the script, reading now!
Thanks
Old 2008-03-29, 16:56   Link #86
LeviathanDarkly
ℳℴℯ❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by tun View Post
4chan is always good
NOT

Wanted Noe ending ;_;
Now this show is just meh
Hope there will be an OVA, I want to see happy ending for Noe :')
Old 2008-03-29, 17:16   Link #87
vio5555

Wow; I want to add something I just noticed that might explain a big part of Shin's mom, Shin's dad, and Hiromi's mom's drama:

Spoiler for 13 Shin and his Dad's Exchange:

I expanded on this in my later post.

Last edited by vio5555; 2008-03-29 at 19:23.
Old 2008-03-29, 17:25   Link #88
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I'm happy that track 30 played during the hookup scene. I always thought it would be used for a Hiromi & Shin hook up since the ost was ripped on the 27th of feb and I'm glad to see I was right.
I watched that scene several times and they played track 32 (omoi wo oitekite - leave behind those feelings) instead of track 30. Track 32 started when Noe was walking away from Shin and he 'sang' out the part about Yuasa Hiromi. They continued playing track 32 through the end of the next scene with Shin and Hiromi.

I guess they chose track 32 to show Shin and Noe leaving their feelings for each other behind. As for Hiromi, she could finally leave behind her feelings of sadness that she's had for a long time now that she is finally together with Shin. I think it was appropriate that it started snowing at the end of that scene since Hiromi can now associate snow with her new joyful feeling instead of her previous bad association with snow. It was snowing back when Shin's mother told her that lie which was painful to her because it made her think they could'nt be together.

I was hoping to hear track 30 as well but I guess the director felt track 32 was more appropriate. Track 30 has the more uplifting 'triumphant' feel to it in the 2nd half but track 32 is a bit more subdued which matched the actual scene they showed. I thought Hiromi was cute when she made him work a little by saying no twice to his requests for her to go out with him. She should have made him work more though for the way he neglected her the previous two episodes.

Last edited by cloudninja; 2008-03-29 at 20:17.
Old 2008-03-29, 17:30   Link #89
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-29, 17:41   Link #90
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
She says it takes stamina/strength to wait. Hence bringing something to eat.

Shin's mother's turnaround has been a bit of a confusion for me the entire series. I've developed a secret theory that she sees herself in Hiromi, because Shin's dad was in a similar situation when they were younger, with Shin's mom as Hiromi, and Hiromi's mom as Noe, only Shin's mom never broke free of her resentment.
Ah thanks. Had a bit of a feeling she may have said that which also leads me to believe like you said went through the same thing that Hiromi is going through waiting for the person you love to choose between her or someone else.

Anyways Shin will know he choose wisely once he sees Hiromi do this:

Spoiler for O_O:

Shin she's doing it for you, be thankful you lucky bastard!
Old 2008-03-29, 17:46   Link #91
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Spoiler for O_O:

Shin she's doing it for you, be thankful you lucky bastard!
I was thinking the same thing earlier but thought better about posting that thought, did'nt want to give the impression I was having dirty thoughts

She did mention to him that she had done the splits when Shin caught up to her.
Old 2008-03-29, 18:00   Link #92
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
I was thinking the same thing earlier but thought better about posting that thought, did'nt want to give the impression I was having dirty thoughts

You know that the only purpose of that scene was to be able to capture Hiromi's pained face to fool all the Noe and Hiromi fans.
Old 2008-03-29, 18:19   Link #93
totalnet

God, that was the fastest subbing job I have ever seen.
Old 2008-03-29, 18:26   Link #94
atividia

score

Spoiler:

Last edited by atividia; 2008-03-29 at 18:32. Reason: spoilertagged because I forgot to when I posted this originally. oops
Old 2008-03-29, 18:54   Link #95
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalnet View Post
God, that was the fastest subbing job I have ever seen.
To be honest I could have released it around 4PM EST but I wanted to go through it before I let it loose.
Old 2008-03-29, 19:23   Link #96
vio5555

So the biggest revelation of the series is perhaps that True Tears (current story of Shin/Hiromi/Noe) mirrors the (past story of Shin's dad/Shin's mom/Hiromi's mom), from what is being said.

Hiromi played the role of Shin's mom, which explains why Shin's mom didn't understand her at first since she thought Hiromi was playing the role of Hiromi's mom, and that explains her past bitterness since Hiromi's mom originally caused Shin's dad's heart to waver. Around episodes 8-9 Shin's mom begins to understand that (Hiromi is probably doing all the same things she did 30 years ago; i.e. trying to date a random guy to not stir the boat) and does a "180" since she now understands that Hiromi is actually filling in her role. It also explains her line in ep 13; that the "waiting is hard" for Shin/Shin's dad to go and talk to Noe/Hiromi's mom. Thus, the behavior of Shin's mom towards Hiromi is consistent under this interpretation of the past.

Noe plays the role of Hiromi's mom which is that she's the one who Shin/Shin's dad wavers towards..., and probably the reason why Hiromi's resentment to Noe mirrors Shin's mom's resentment towards Hiromi's mom.

Shin plays the role of his dad, which is obvious to some extent, and the fact of course that he asks his dad when a man cries true tears, which is when of course, "his heart wavers", so we know his dad went through this same kind of drama with Shin's mom=Hiromi, Hiromi's mom=Noe.

I think this kind of interpretation completely serves as the answer to the general criticism leveled over the treatment of Shin's mom and her relationship with Hiromi. We can pretty much completely conjecture based on the hints dropped after that, that the parallel to the past should clear up all of Shin's mom's original feelings in eps 1-9 that she thought Hiromi was like her mother, but in 10-13 she understands that Hiromi is actually like her.

Either way, I have to give solid props to the series for managing to deal with everything that was raised over the previous 12 episodes in the final episode, since most of my questions have been answered with solidly dropped hints (although I still think Shin should have said something to Hiromi before running off to Noe at the end of 12...).
Old 2008-03-29, 19:25   Link #97
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post

It's going to be used the way it's intented to be used... that's why she mentioned it to Shin heh. I'm surprise Shin didn't tell her that he wants to see it in action it's not like there's anyone their to stop them in Hiromi's apartment. I have a feeling that Hiromi is the type of girl that won't hold back look at that cup seen between her and Shin! She tends to release her tension and stress with basketball but now that she has Shin she'll be doing other things to relieve of her stress... Like I said Shin is one lucky bastard.

Anyways wow there's 7 votes with a score of 1 out 10 doesn't take much of a guess as to why they voted that way. Lots of bitter tears for them.
Old 2008-03-29, 20:07   Link #98
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
yes! I haven't watched ep yet, but the suspense on who he would pick in the end was too suspenseful.
Old 2008-03-29, 20:17   Link #99
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555 View Post
Either way, I have to give solid props to the series for managing to deal with everything that was raised over the previous 12 episodes in the final episode, since most of my questions have been answered with solidly dropped hints
Agreed completely.

Spoiler for Episode 13:
I'm sure I'll have more to say after I let it sink for a bit.
Old 2008-03-29, 20:41   Link #100
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Anyways wow there's 7 votes with a score of 1 out 10 doesn't take much of a guess as to why they voted that way. Lots of bitter tears for them.
the sad thing is that people KNOW what the poll is intended for, Still they rate the episode in such way out of bitterness.
Closed Thread