AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-12, 02:10   Link #41
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Episode 7 Preview:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Oh my god did Rikka turn a dog into Cerberus

(See? Hairs grow back in no time)
Old 2012-11-12, 07:24   Link #42
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Episode 7, Reminiscing of....Paradise Lost, previews:
Site:
Yuuta, Isshiki, Shinka, Kumin, and Dekomori accompany Rikka as she heads to her parents' house. They take in their hospitality and swim/bake their skin at the nearby beach. It was supposed to be your clichéd high school summer vacation, but Rikka doesn't look happy to be going to her grandparents' house. Yuuta notices that she seems different than usual. Could he be over-thinking things?
Was there a reason the sisters live separately from their grandparents? Was that hidden? Unknowingly, Rikka's past is revealed.

BS11:
Together with their partners in the "Far East Black Magic Napping Society of Summer," Yuuta and Rikka arrive at the "Source of Life" (the ocean). They are supposed to find a healing place there, but black haze floats around inside Rikka's soul. Worried about her, Yuuta accompanies her as she tries to find the Ethereal Horizon.

Script: Junki Hanada, Direction/Storyboards: Kazuya Sakamoto, Animation Director: Hiroyuki Takahashi

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2012-11-14 at 16:06.
Old 2012-11-12, 12:08   Link #43
Warm Mist

Wait, is it the parents' house, or the grandparents' house?
Old 2012-11-12, 12:13   Link #44
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post
Wait, is it the parents' house, or the grandparents' house?
Welcome to my world. The magazine scan specifically said "祖父母の家" (Grandparents' house), but the site's preview said "実家" which is used for referring to one's parents' house. I asked myself "Which one should I go with?" and chose to go with parents for this one. The website's previews tend to be a tad more accurate, so hopefully that's the correct one. If not, my bad.

Old 2012-11-12, 12:27   Link #45
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Episode 7 Preview:

YouTube
cannot wait to see touka :3

Old 2012-11-14, 12:57   Link #46
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Translated [episode summaries from Newtype]:
Spoiler for episode 8:
Tokyo MX has put up their version of this episode's summary and it's slightly different. Here's what it says:
Spoiler for episode 8:

Also, my bad. It was Rikka's grandparents house like I originally said.

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2012-11-14 at 16:06.
Old 2012-11-14, 21:00   Link #47
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

It seems that Kyoani is trying to give Isshiki his own romance sidestory. At this point (ep7) he is clearly infatuated with Kumin.
From episode6 it appears that Kumin likes Isshiki, though she is probably too much of an airhead to even think about romance. I wonder if they'll ever make any progress or if Isshiki is going to be NTR'ed by Kumin's pillow forever.

At the same time episode7 put a lid over whatever hint of romance between Yuuta and Shinka existed before. From the time she revealed her true self, Yuuta doesn't seem to care anymore about her. On the other side Shinka is aware that there's something going on between him and Rikka, and she approves that. There's absolutely no hint of jealousy at all.

By contrast she doesn't seem to approve a possible relationship between Isshiki and Kumin, but personally I think it's more because she thinks Isshiki is just a hungry wolf looking for a prey, and she doesn't want Kumin to be taken by such a jerk.
I don't really see jealousy, but who knows, maybe I'm wrong.

Meanwhile Shinka and Sanae keep getting closer to each other. The way Shinka is forced to take care of Sanae in spite of their continous bickering kinda reminds me Himawari and Sakurako from Yuruyuri, but maybe it's just me. I don't think Kyoani will go that far, but they're bound to become heterosexual life partners at the very least.

After all, when you consider RikkaxYuuta and KuminxIsshiki, what remains is SanaexShinka.

Old 2012-11-14, 21:47   Link #48
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I wouldn't think too much on it- I have a feeling Chunibyou is no more a romance story than Hyouka is one.

That is to say, it's NOT like it's NEVER going to happen, but I think it's more like a tease-you-to-death kinda of thing
Old 2012-11-14, 21:58   Link #49
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I wouldn't think too much on it- I have a feeling Chunibyou is no more a romance story than Hyouka is one.

That is to say, it's NOT like it's NEVER going to happen, but I think it's more like a tease-you-to-death kinda of thing
Hyouka was classified as a "mystery" series. Chuunibyou has always been termed a "romantic comedy." Two different types of genres. Expect romance.

Old 2012-11-14, 21:59   Link #50
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Hyouka was classified as a "mystery" series. Chuunibyou has always been termed a "romantic comedy." Two different types of genres. Expect romance.
Ah I see, then disregard what I've said and carry on
Old 2012-11-14, 22:16   Link #51
Ridwan

Shinka X Sanae would be the kind of yuri that I can approve. May it be canonical.
Old 2012-11-14, 23:45   Link #52
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Translated:
Spoiler:
The summaries posted on 2ch from the latest Newtype left out the usual katakana phrase for the episode, resulting in that horrible episode title for episode 9. Here's the correct title:
Spoiler:

Old 2012-11-15, 17:37   Link #53
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

This last episode just made me realize that if Rikka has a reason for being a Chuu2, then Shinka, Deko and Yuuta should also have one. I'm intrigued as to what Shinka's reason is. I consider Deko being too smart and thus being isolated, but Shinka?

Yuuta... I have no idea

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-11-15, 17:44   Link #54
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

You don't need necessarily need a reason to be that way. I'm pretty sure Yuuta, Shinka and Dekomori have none. That's especially true for Yuuta and Shinka since they have already "recovered" from chuuni, meaning that even if something was plaguing them in the past, it isn't anymore.
Old 2012-11-15, 18:02   Link #55
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

However Shinka reverted to her chuuni unwillingly a couple of times (episode 4, when she realized deko has more copies of her rants online)

Yuuta does it willingly. In any case, if something was making them escape reality through their chuuni, it has long gone, but it's still a reason.

Rikka seeing reality rather than sheltering herself in delusions will only make her come out of her state.

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-11-15, 19:56   Link #56
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
However Shinka reverted to her chuuni unwillingly a couple of times (episode 4, when she realized deko has more copies of her rants online)

Yuuta does it willingly. In any case, if something was making them escape reality through their chuuni, it has long gone, but it's still a reason.

That's like asking why do people play video games and watch Animes- How many of us have deep-seated, borderline traumatic reasons?

About them reverting once in awhile... Old habits die hard.
Old 2012-11-16, 14:13   Link #57
ele-ene-ene

Shinka’s Chuuni isn’t a regular chuuni. Mori Summer is a leader, her mabinogion is the holy word that guide their many followers.

Maybe some circumstances forced Shinka to hide her natural dominant personality under the mask of kindness, and Mori Summer was a relief for this suffocated personality.
Eliminated these circumstances, Shinka leads her school class, and Mori Summer is no longer necessary.

Moreover, it's a threat to Shinka’s new status.

For Yuuta, perhaps, chuuni comes from his relationship with his own father, who is alive but absent in Jakarta, literally across the ethereal horizon.

This may be help him to understand rikka’s chuuni

Last edited by ele-ene-ene; 2012-11-16 at 14:24.
Old 2012-11-19, 02:04   Link #58
rulfo

Episode 8 preview

YouTube
Old 2012-11-19, 02:30   Link #59
Warm Mist

At first glance, it seems much more lighthearted than what the synopsis hinted at.

There's also a cap that implies they're going to animate the fight; that relieves me, what with Kyoani and skipping awaited parts.

Let's see how the newbie team fares with this episode, for now it looks like it will at least be really gorgeous.
Old 2012-11-19, 04:12   Link #60
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I'm actually very glad they're keeping it somewhat lighthearted rather than going TOO serious... let's just hope they balance it much better than last week.
Closed Thread