AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-13, 19:32   Link #1
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Fan made live action Sonic the Hedgehog movie, or ITT...

...Sonic fans weep while everyone else lols.

Old 2013-01-13, 21:18   Link #2
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

That was pretty awful, but I think Sonic fans have already lowered their standards far enough.

At least it had people like James Rolfe, Doug Walker and Egoraptor.
Old 2013-01-13, 21:25   Link #3
MAX_COLA_POWER!

If it was me, I would've just clobbered the E-100 series with, THIS IS THE MOST ANNOYING SONG IN THE WORLD!, while the Es would yell, WHAT IS THIS!? WHAT IS THIS!?....WHAT IS MY LIFE!?
Old 2013-01-13, 22:05   Link #4
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
That was pretty awful, but I think Sonic fans have already lowered their standards far enough.
ROFLMAO

Obviously you've never been a member of a Sonic fan community.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 22:27   Link #5
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
ROFLMAO

Obviously you've never been a member of a Sonic fan community.
That's a bad thing? I'm content with my Genesis cartridges of good Sonic without being part of the mindless fandom, thanks.
Old 2013-01-13, 22:47   Link #6
Tokkan

Quote:
That's a bad thing? I'm content with my Genesis cartridges of good Sonic without being part of the mindless fandom, thanks.
I think you mixed it up, the standards of Sonic fans are not lower than their yours. They're much MUCH higher than yours. Almost to ridiculous levels. The truth is, any dislike you could feel for any recent Sonic game, an actual Sonic fan is likely to have 30x the amount of dislike for it. And this is not hyperbole.
Old 2013-01-13, 22:57   Link #7
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
I think you mixed it up, the standards of Sonic fans are not lower than their yours. They're much MUCH higher than yours. Almost to ridiculous levels. The truth is, any dislike you could feel for any recent Sonic game, an actual Sonic fan is likely to have 30x the amount of dislike for it. And this is not hyperbole.
Ah, so they're adept enough to tell when something's bad. I mean, it's fair isn't it? They've been desperately pushing out Sonic '06, Sonic-Kart and Sonic and the Black Knight; who wouldn't be disgusted by it?

I just don't personally care, I guess that's why I'm not a modern-day Sonic fan. While people rage about the next Sonic game, I'm busy doing shit like this.
Spoiler for IT'S OVER 9000000!:
Old 2013-01-13, 23:04   Link #8
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Sonic fans weep
But can they outweep Jaleel White?

Old 2013-01-13, 23:07   Link #9
Tokkan

Quote:
Ah, so they're adept enough to tell when something's bad. I mean, it's fair isn't it? They've been desperately pushing out Sonic '06, Sonic-Kart and Sonic and the Black Knight; who wouldn't be disgusted by it?

I just don't personally care, I guess that's why I'm not a modern-day Sonic fan. While people rage about the next Sonic game, I'm busy doing shit like this.
Spoiler for IT'S OVER 9000000!:
Sonic and All-Stars Racing is actually good from what I've heard (haven't played it).

Also, no. What you're doing (playing old games) is exactly what they're doing. Except they also play hacks of the old games too.
Old 2013-01-13, 23:38   Link #10
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I tried Sonic and All-Stars Racing; to be honest it's just a Diddy Kong Racing competitor (it's closer to that than Mario Kart, in my opinion). It's enjoyable yes, but I suppose the idea of Sonic losing his proper fast speed on foot (ergo, his origin storyline) makes it feel sour in a way.

In your opinion, what would be the most collected group of what you describe as "Sonic fans" on the net? I'm going by what I always see popping up on my Facebook.

P.S. What could you possibly hack on the old Sonic games? I didn't get that score by hacking, after all.
Old 2013-01-13, 23:44   Link #11
Tokkan

Quote:
P.S. What could you possibly hack on the old Sonic games? I didn't get that score by hacking, after all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWE7EvrXonw How about a hack that combines Sonic 1 and 2 into a single game and gives you the ability to play as Sonic, Tails and Knuckles all at once.
Old 2013-01-13, 23:53   Link #12
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Oh neat-o, that looks pretty nice. In my case I just got a few shivers after the nightmares Tails caused me in those bonus levels. Better have additional players to control those characters.
Old 2013-01-15, 12:16   Link #13
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

Quote:

At least it had people like James Rolfe, Doug Walker and Egoraptor.
Oh they've got standards alright, when it comes to games, they're always demanding quality and complaining about little things. For instance, Sonic 4 wasn't really well received among the Sonic community.

I frequent the Sonic section in SEGA forums I should know.

Hate to be that person, but I think the cameo's were there just to get people to watch it, they all felt forced, if you know what I mean.

Edit: You mentioned not being a modern Sonic fan, but have you played Unleashed, Colors and Generations? They're pretty solid games.

Last edited by Celestia Ludenberg; 2013-01-15 at 13:55.
Celestia Ludenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 13:39   Link #14
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionette Cherry View Post
Edit: You mentioned not being a modern Sonic fan, but have you played Unleashed, Colors and Generations? They're pretty solid games.
Unleashed would be more fun if it didn't have those Werehog segments.

I will agree on Colors and Generations though. I also agree that the Sonic fanbase is fairly divided. Some want Genesis Sonic gameplay, some want Adventure gameplay... it's impossible to make them happy.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 13:41   Link #15
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Unleashed would be more fun if it didn't have those Werehog segments.

I will agree on Colors and Generations though. I also agree that the Sonic fanbase is fairly divided. Some want Genesis Sonic gameplay, some want Adventure gameplay... it's impossible to make them happy.
Meh, I didn't find the Werehog stages too bad, most people say they spend half an hour on them, I spend ten tops, they're less linear and corridor heavy than the day stages.

About gameplay, next game Iizuka said they're going to change it up again, yay! now it's divided into quarters.
Old 2013-01-15, 15:06   Link #16
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Unleashed had amazing day levels and slightly sub-par nighttime ones. Colors was okay, but the gimmicks weren't to my liking. Generations was my favourite of the three, but even that had flaws, like some of the level choices and just how much the game holds your hand with dash attack opportunities and boost pads. They're solid games, but I'm not a big fan. I do keep Generations around but it's criminally short.
Old 2013-01-15, 16:45   Link #17
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

Makes me wonder why they didn't just support that game with DLC for a few years. As if they didn't expect people to ask for new levels to be re-imagined as DLC. The one big issue I have with it is the amount of city levels in the game.

Rooftop run could have been Cool edge or whatever the Unleashed level is called
And Speed Highway could have been Hot Shelter.
Old 2013-01-15, 20:11   Link #18
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionette Cherry View Post
Makes me wonder why they didn't just support that game with DLC for a few years. As if they didn't expect people to ask for new levels to be re-imagined as DLC. The one big issue I have with it is the amount of city levels in the game.

Rooftop run could have been Cool edge or whatever the Unleashed level is called
And Speed Highway could have been Hot Shelter.
No... keep the DLC away. We don't need another Ca$hcom.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 11:35   Link #19
Kudryavka

Oooh, I had so much hope for this movie. And I hoped it would at least be eons better than Richard Kuta's diaper shit Sonic movie. It's good, but not that good... at least Robotnik was good and Jaleel White is good (though extremely outdated).

At least this got Naka's support, though after the fact.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 04:15   Link #20
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Although the effects were less-than-impressive, to say the least, JW voicing Sonic and the depiction of Robotnik were pretty good.

I wonder when Sega will be smart and start to adapt the Archie comic series. Despite it's many inconsistencies between the different spin-offs and such, imo it remains the most interesting rendition of Sonic since Sonic 3(and S&K) for the Genesis.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote