AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2013-02-23, 12:15   Link #10661
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
^ I can't see Jura being defeated by anyone lower than a guild master and, even then, very few among them. I would be pretty disappointed if he lost to Laxus.
well, in Laxus' defense... He's the grandson of a member of the 10 wizard saints
also, I think he's a candidate for being the next Guild Master of Fairy Tail

but, yeah... I still can't see Laxus ever beating Jura this time around. Maybe in another timeskip or so

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 12:28   Link #10662
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Not to mention that, technically, Earth has been strong against lightning.

Also, we know Jura is now #5. We know the top 4 aren't human. But what about 6 thru 10? We know Makarov is supposed to be one (unless he lost his spot with the time skip). So if Jura is defeated here, we'll have less of an impression of 6 thru 10, which you know they are going to run into sooner or later. Probably before 1 thru 4.

Edit: Another possibility occurred to me.... Jura is pwning Laxus mostly (although Laxus still gets in a hit or two here and there), but Laxus keeps getting up after getting smacked down, saying over and over again how he won't let Fairy Tail down now. Jura, impressed with this, decides that, while he can technically defeat Laxus, he can't beat the man's soul and drive. And perhaps because of that, and respect, he decides to voluntarily surrender. Or perhaps call it a draw. That way, Laxus doesn't lose, and neither does Jura, and it takes them both out of the game. And it keeps Jura as a respectable member of the Wizard Saints.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 12:29   Link #10663
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
Natsu ate Etherion and that's not Dragon Slayer Magic. He ate another thing from the Nirvana arc, I forgot what it was though. Additonally, God flame ain't no Dragon Slayer Magic either. The only time Natsu ate another Dragon Slayer magic was when Laxus infused Natsu his Lightning Dragon Slayer Magic. I don't think it's just Dragon Slayer magic they can eat, but I'm not so sure either since we originally thought it was impossible to eat something else other than their original element

anyway, I doubt Laxus is capable of doing it. Remember, he's not a natural Dragon Slayer. It's the Lachryma Dragon Slayer thing which was artificially created... remember Cobra?
Plus, your point about Jura manipulating earth is another thing I guess?

and since we're on this topic. Natsu ate Lightning from Laxus and Gajeel ate Shadow from Rogue, it makes me wonder if Wendy will do something similar. She seriously needs a power-up, She can't be a healer forever
With Natsu and Etherion, I betcha the only explanation people would say to that is, ETHERION HAS TO BE PYRO-RELATED!, even though we have no idea if it is or not-v-;;, as for Gajeel's case, well, he IS nicknamed Black Steel, so apparently that gives him the advantage of all things black, including shadows-v-;;....yeah I got nothin-v-
Old 2013-02-23, 12:39   Link #10664
DarkRaven
GOD

Gildarts vs Jura i wonder who would win lol
DarkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 13:53   Link #10665
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
I really don't think 6-10 will make an appearance, and if they do, they'll be taken out of the way fast, just like the executioners. Mashima has already more characters than he can handle, imo (I'm still waiting for a nice surprise to revitalize this manga, but, meh).
Not in this arc, obviously. 1-4 ain't showin' up in this arc. It's called "Foreshadowing." True, Mashima has a lot of characters... this arc. He's said as much. But they are possible antagonists for future arcs where we are dealing with future characters.

Quote:
There is no need to put an end to some of this. And he's just adding fuel to the fire anyway.
When the same posts keep popping up, over and over, and add nothing new to the discussion, it simply annoys the majority of the posters who come here. I've seen it happen in many other fandoms. There are always those that whine and whine and whine, and people get tired of it. The fans then leave for other forums. I'd rather not see that happen to AS.

I'll make my own prediction, and bet you anything that after the next chapter, we'll have at least one or two posts that go, "Man, Fairy Tail is sucking so much. It's so predictable." Even though no one outright stated predictions before the chapter! The only predictions we have, is that Laxus will win or tie. Considering the possible outcomes are win, lose, or tie, they've essentially hedged their bets by giving themselves a 67% chance. Hell, I'd be tempted to make bets like that, too! A true prediction would say "I predict he is going to win." That is a 33% chance, based on possible outcomes, and is actually a gutsy prediction.

And that just covers the bare bones win/loss aspect of one single fight; hardly grounds for calling the entire story predictable! Like I said before. Wake me when someone has a bit more of a detailed prediction. If FT is so predictable, then it should be child's play to predict how the plot is going to play out.

TL;DR: It's whining, and it's non-constructive at best, and annoying at worst.
Old 2013-02-23, 13:53   Link #10666
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
Natsu ate Etherion and that's not Dragon Slayer Magic. He ate another thing from the Nirvana arc, I forgot what it was though. Additonally, God flame ain't no Dragon Slayer Magic either. The only time Natsu ate another Dragon Slayer magic was when Laxus infused Natsu his Lightning Dragon Slayer Magic. I don't think it's just Dragon Slayer magic they can eat, but I'm not so sure either since we originally thought it was impossible to eat something else other than their original element
Well your right they can eat something besides Dragon Slayer Magic they can also eat there own element the Etherion was composed of several different elemental magics that's why Natsu got powered up and later got sick because of it, Nirvana arc he ate Flame of Rebuke and the god slayer magic he ate was fire magic. It was told to us back when Natsu ate the Etherion that eating another element than there own makes a DS sick Dragon Slayer magic seems to be an expection to that rule.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 14:26   Link #10667
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Natsu said there was a 'trick' to eating the God Slayer magic, which is pretty much based off the same concept as the Dragon Slayer magic. It's pretty much the same as bypassing the protection on a CD/DVD. Laxus lifted the 'protection' off of his magic, allowing Natsu to copy it in a more permament fashion, while Gajeel just straight ripped it off of Rouge/Raios. Seems that to be eaten, it must 1) have their base element within it or 2) be of a similiar magic type.
Old 2013-02-23, 15:12   Link #10668
bigdeal000
malefic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Not in this arc, obviously. 1-4 ain't showin' up in this arc. It's called "Foreshadowing." True, Mashima has a lot of characters... this arc. He's said as much. But they are possible antagonists for future arcs where we are dealing with future characters.
I agree with this. The only problem I see is that this arc has a "there's little of the story left" feeling to it, so Mashima has to wrap it up soon, so I dunno how much more he can add. Of course I could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
When the same posts keep popping up, over and over, and add nothing new to the discussion, it simply annoys the majority of the posters who come here. I've seen it happen in many other fandoms. There are always those that whine and whine and whine, and people get tired of it. The fans then leave for other forums. I'd rather not see that happen to AS.

I'll make my own prediction, and bet you anything that after the next chapter, we'll have at least one or two posts that go, "Man, Fairy Tail is sucking so much. It's so predictable." Even though no one outright stated predictions before the chapter! The only predictions we have, is that Laxus will win or tie. Considering the possible outcomes are win, lose, or tie, they've essentially hedged their bets by giving themselves a 67% chance. Hell, I'd be tempted to make bets like that, too! A true prediction would say "I predict he is going to win." That is a 33% chance, based on possible outcomes, and is actually a gutsy prediction.

And that just covers the bare bones win/loss aspect of one single fight; hardly grounds for calling the entire story predictable! Like I said before. Wake me when someone has a bit more of a detailed prediction. If FT is so predictable, then it should be child's play to predict how the plot is going to play out.

TL;DR: It's whining, and it's non-constructive at best, and annoying at worst.
Well, as much as they add nothing to the topic, neither do you. You just complain about complaining and add to the annoyance. If they answer, they will defend their opinion making even more posts on the topic, which we don't need. And think about it, what have you changed? Did any of the people you talked to changed his/her opinion? Nope, they still think fairy tail is predictable. The only result is that they consider you annoying now. And frankly, replying to every post with the word predictable in it like you did for some time now, is annoying. At least they make one post per chapter, maybe two, but you do one for each and everyone of them? I really have no solution to this, but I don't think that the way you do it is right.
bigdeal000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 16:06   Link #10669
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
I agree with this. The only problem I see is that this arc has a "there's little of the story left" feeling to it, so Mashima has to wrap it up soon, so I dunno how much more he can add. Of course I could be wrong.
Mashima has said he has enough material for at least 3 more arcs, if I recall correctly. There could be more, as he isn't putting a hard and fast limit on it.

Quote:
Well, as much as they add nothing to the topic, neither do you. You just complain about complaining and add to the annoyance. If they answer, they will defend their opinion making even more posts on the topic, which we don't need. And think about it, what have you changed? Did any of the people you talked to changed his/her opinion? Nope, they still think fairy tail is predictable. The only result is that they consider you annoying now. And frankly, replying to every post with the word predictable in it like you did for some time now, is annoying. At least they make one post per chapter, maybe two, but you do one for each and everyone of them? I really have no solution to this, but I don't think that the way you do it is right.
You have a bit of a point, but I've seen people like this destroy fandoms and forums before. I merely highly the absurdity of it, which while it will do nothing to convince those few people, it does point it out to everyone else.
Old 2013-02-23, 16:31   Link #10670
Casshern

Not too keen on the idea of Jura curbstomping Laxus. First, if Jura beats Laxus easily then it means he probably won the tournament, since noone else should be a challenge. Not very likely imo.

This is just speculation, but if Laxus is comparable to Jellal (as Mystogan's counterpart), then he should be a pretty good match for Jura. As I recall, Jellal was about to give Jura a very bad day if Ultear hadn't interfered. I wouldn't sell Laxus short on his own merits either, considering he even fought Hades alone.

I'm wondering if Sting might try to land a cheap shot on Jura for the 5 points, and whether Laxus could end up learning Sting's light DS magic.

I'd rather see Laxus win tbh.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 19:35   Link #10671
kitten320

^If Laxus gives Jura a good beating, he will be weakened down so he won't be much of a match anymore.
Besides I personally would find it refreshing to see someone else dominating apart from FT at least once.

Laxus didn't have second origin open in him as others so his power level should be weaker than Jellal's now.

Jura is 4th great Saint now what means Jellal is below him in power what puts Laxus even lower.
I expect Laxus to give him a hard time but winning is too much. But then again how easy most of FT wins were I will be more surprised if Laxus does lose.
Old 2013-02-23, 19:51   Link #10672
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Jura is 4th great Saint now what means Jellal is below him in power what puts Laxus even lower.
I expect Laxus to give him a hard time but winning is too much. But then again how easy most of FT wins were I will be more surprised if Laxus does lose.
Well we don't know where Jellal ranks at he was stripped Wizard Saint titled because of his crimes not because stronger mages emerged and like wise would have been excluded from future consideration because he was a wanted criminal.

I'd be surprised too if Laxus lost since it'd pretty much guarantee they'd lose the fighting tourment and it's pretty rare for the main castes group to lose those.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 20:07   Link #10673
Jellal
Anime Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Well we don't know where Jellal ranks at he was stripped Wizard Saint titled because of his crimes not because stronger mages emerged and like wise would have been excluded from future consideration because he was a wanted criminal.

I'd be surprised too if Laxus lost since it'd pretty much guarantee they'd lose the fighting tourment and it's pretty rare for the main castes group to lose those.
Frankly, ever since mystogan vs laxus
It's clear that there equals. Only difference here, was that jellal had 7 years to train
and so did Jura. Before TS, Jura was ranked the weakest saint.
In Jura vs Jellal, it's was seen that they were equals, up until Jellal had to pull his trump card, 'Star Destruction'.
Unfortunately, we never saw the result, but Jura's facial expression was an indication he was doomed to lose.

Right now, the Jura fight can go either way.
Laxus still hasn't shown his 'Ultimate DS Art'.

Also, Its disappointing that Makarov is ranked less than Jura now.
In the new FT movie, all the guild masters and counsel members were shown.
Maybe, a few saints were present too?
Jellal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 20:18   Link #10674
kitten320

Well that's the main thing, Jura and Jellal are seven years ahead of Laxus who didn't even have second origin open in him.

And as I said, if Laxus gives Jura hard time, Jura won't be able to put much of a fight so others can easily take him down.

Otherwise with such thinking FT is doomed anyway since there is still fresh Sting while everyone else are worn out.
Old 2013-02-23, 20:31   Link #10675
Casshern

The wizard saints aren't necessarily the 10 strongest in the world. Gildartz wasn't one pre-timeskip yet both Jura and Jose Porla were.

Also, iirc Jellal wasn't a match for Jura at the start of their fight because he was imitating Mystogan's magic. When he started using his own magic Jura was in trouble. I think Jellal is probably stronger than Jura.

I think the difference in power due to the timeskip is practically nullified at this point. It was only important immediately after the main cast returned and probably wont come into play again. Even Makarov wont be affected by the timeskip since he was already at his full power before it happened.

Not bothered with Jura ranking higher than Makarov. If Jura wrestles Acknologia with bare hands I'll be impressed
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 00:54   Link #10676
Jellal
Anime Critic

Spoiler for Limit Text:

Well, it's unclear whether Laxus had his second origin unlocked or not.
Most who trained aside from Team Natsu, its unknown what they gained, during those 3 months of training. If Laxus is near Gildartz level, as it's believed (Hades remark), one would think he would of long had it. Still, as Gildartz mentioned to natsu in the Tenrou arc, there still something Natsu needs to gain before he reaches the top of the magical world. Only weird thing, is that Erza clearly didn't have it and she's a FT S class.

Right now, I see it as Lightning vs Earth. Earth alone nullify's lightning right?
Meaning, Laxus needs to go melee entirely to decimate him or catch Jura offguard to use a nuke. Unless it turns out Jura is using stone armor, like in Gaara's case in naruto.

Spoiler for Less Text:

The title of saint is just an honorific in the world of Fiore. Something just to show respect, in terms of the wielders power or accomplishments. Anyone with S class level should easily have the title, given the right commendations. e.g. Erza when she 'died'.

I think your right on the TS. It was solely meant to advance everyone else, aside from FT - from their previous tiers to higher. At this point in time, I'm most curious about Ultears prominence. Aside from the whole gray fiasco, it's clear she's OP, given her skill set!

You have a good point regarding Makarov!Atm, I feel Jura is too hyped.
I just wish it ends in a draw. If Laxus ends up winning, it'll ruin every single power level scale to date. Making Laxus > than even Gildartz.
Jellal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 06:36   Link #10677
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
I think the difference in power due to the timeskip is practically nullified at this point. It was only important immediately after the main cast returned and probably wont come into play again. Even Makarov wont be affected by the timeskip since he was already at his full power before it happened.
Now that's just a sad fact, it makes whole time skip completely pointless. With such thinking they could have spent the last 7 years training on the island, would be more of satisfaction and believable than having random power up Bleach style.
Old 2013-02-24, 08:34   Link #10678
MechR

Quote:
With such thinking they could have spent the last 7 years training on the island, would be more of satisfaction and believable than having random power up Bleach style.
While I hate Second Origin as much as the next guy, I also hate main-character timeskips, and am glad FT didn't go that route. 7 years is a hella-long time to miss out on.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 10:59   Link #10679
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Now that's just a sad fact, it makes whole time skip completely pointless. With such thinking they could have spent the last 7 years training on the island, would be more of satisfaction and believable than having random power up Bleach style.
the reason mashima does a timeskip not was to "train", but to "refresh the content", now he can add new enemies, new plots a fresh content like:
- lumien story
- the 4 top saint wizards
- more lore about acnologia past
- a new barlam alliance
- tartaros being the top in the alliance
- the remain of the grimoire heart
- new darkguilds
-aged all others guild members to give then more relevance specially romeu

he does the time skip because:
- oracion six defeated
- gromoire heart defeated
- already showed acnologia
- already showed zeref

the missins ones things:
- natsu and gajeel past
- year 777
- if lucy mother have connection with the 777
- where the dragons

i think who mashima does the time skip because he started to run out of "content"(ak enemies, arc plots and dont want ending too soon the manga), a way to extend the manga give more freshing content like he is showing on this arc, he showed many news future sub plots.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 16:16   Link #10680
Krono

Quote:
Believable other than the massive plot hole that they'd have no reason to live on the island for seven years leaving everyone thinking they were dead, and huge chunks of time would be required for obtaining food.

Really, the point of the timeskip was not to reduce the power of all the characters so that they'd suddenly have to be crawling back up the power tiers. As ellessarr said, it was to refresh the content. Seven years have passed, things have changed, new issues have cropped up, new enemies and rivals have appeared, etc.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen