AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-04-20, 03:51   Link #2341
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marly View Post
From what I know, I haven't come across anything other than her laugh. I'll tell you if I come across something like it.
Dang. I was hoping for there to be a drama CD somewhere, but I don't even see any of that around.

Quote:
Just out of curiosity though, what do you exactly like about the character?
Aside from the obvious and simple reasons (hawt), my big draw-in is I'm definitely a big fan of her aggressiveness, both with Shidou and on the battlefield, so much so that I don't even mind her psycho-ness. Actually, I find that part to add to her charm. Say what you will about masochism. (not quite the correct word, but you know what I mean )
Old 2013-04-20, 03:59   Link #2342
Marly
>AS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Dang. I was hoping for there to be a drama CD somewhere, but I don't even see any of that around.
I have never seen a case where Drama CDs were released before the anime finished airing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
my big draw-in is I'm definitely a big fan of her aggressiveness, both with Shidou and on the battlefield, so much so that I don't even mind her psycho-ness.
Another question. By any chance, do you ever self-insert as the main character? (in this case, as Shidou?)
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 04:01   Link #2343
Ramen00

Spoiler for Popularity Vote:
Ramen00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 05:01   Link #2344
malason13
Forsaken

Who is at rank 6 and 10?

The Beloved Occult Research Club

malason13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 05:14   Link #2345
Ultragunner

Gooo!!! Kurumiiii!!!! ^^
Old 2013-04-20, 05:18   Link #2346
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by malason13 View Post
Who is at rank 6 and 10?
6 is Mana and amusingly I think 10 is Shidou
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 05:23   Link #2347
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
6 is Mana and amusingly I think 10 is Shidou
Actually I think 6 is Shori(Shidou) and 10 is Mana. I guess people really love traps.

Tohka is number 1, all is right with the world!!XD
Old 2013-04-20, 05:57   Link #2348
holybell84

To think that the twins lost to a trap.... It's gonna be a serious blow to their feminity lol.
Old 2013-04-20, 06:26   Link #2349
Ramen00

6 is Shiori and 10th is Mana xD
Ramen00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 09:07   Link #2350
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
I have never seen a case where Drama CDs were released before the anime finished airing.
I have, sometimes drama CDs are released before the series as a lead-in to the series. I think Nagasarete Airantou was one such example; I remember wishing Yukari Tamura had stayed on to keep voicing Ayane.
Pandora hearts is another I believe, because in that one I remember wishing Yukari Tamura had stayed on in that one as well to keep voicing Alice. (who was recasted with Ayako Kawasumi, so I guess that turned out okay )

Quote:
Another question. By any chance, do you ever self-insert as the main character? (in this case, as Shidou?)
*spew* *cough*

Actually I never really considered that before....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramen00 View Post
Spoiler for Popularity Vote:
Shiroi almost making the top 5......wow.

I can see Touka making number one over Kurumi, but was this poll taken after the early-airing of episode 3 last week, by any chance? Because then I'd definitely see how Touka beat the polls. (they really moe-fied her there)
Old 2013-04-20, 10:09   Link #2351
XFire
150% done

Quote:
I personally think the spacequakes and how helpless people are against them express the scope of spirits' danger well enough. It's really already been established that spirits are a threat in quite a scale, so I don't see the need for it need to re-express it.
It's not that they need to express it again, but that they failed in the first place. The fact that the AST, and Origami in particular, cannot kill a spirit, is a big part of the plot.

The anime makes it seem like Origami could have fought back if she wasn't depressed over Shidou. The whole point of Ratatoskr is that they knew they couldn't fight the spirits and needed another way, in this case sealing them.

Origami's obsession with "killing" a spirit for real instead of annoying it enough that it leaves is nearly equal to her obsession with Shidou. It drives a number of the more reckless acts she takes later on, like stealing AST equipment to gain more power.

Kurumi in facts make use of this fact by purposely allowing Mana to kill her over and over, then reappearing in order to break her with her own helplessness. this wouldn't make much sense if it were possible to kill a spirit for real.

Yoshino, a spirit far weaker than Tohka, has her initial character based around the fact that she is desperately containing her power in order to keep the AST safe. That loses a bit of impact if the AST can survive an all out assault by a stronger spirit.

Basically, the difference in strength between humans and spirits is actually important to the plot, not just something thrown in so we ca get off to the one-sided beatdowns.
Old 2013-04-20, 10:54   Link #2352
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I am quite surprised Yoshino made it up so high.
Also Miku is a little lower than expected.

I think there might be a bit of a boost in popularity due to the airing of the anime. Either way Kurumi you did well *pats head* .
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 10:56   Link #2353
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

From the anime thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Shido not dying when killed makes me think he's a spirit (but they're probably all pretty girls, right?) or at least has the powers of one.
There is an explanation for this for sure.

Unless the author plans on crossdressing Shidou .
Oh, how I wish I wasn't spoiler blocked from making specific comments on this in the anime thread...........

Good one, Birdway.
Old 2013-04-20, 10:59   Link #2354
Marly
>AS

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
It's not that they need to express it again, but that they failed in the first place. The fact that the AST, and Origami in particular, cannot kill a spirit, is a big part of the plot.
How did they fail in the first place? It's already been established that no one can really stop the spacequakes from happening (hence the mass evacuation), which is the main reason the AST are after the spirits in the first place.

Quote:
The anime makes it seem like Origami could have fought back if she wasn't depressed over Shidou. The whole point of Ratatoskr is that they knew they couldn't fight the spirits and needed another way, in this case sealing them.

Origami's obsession with "killing" a spirit for real instead of annoying it enough that it leaves is nearly equal to her obsession with Shidou. It drives a number of the more reckless acts she takes later on, like stealing AST equipment to gain more power.
Yes, but how does this actually affect the storytelling? Restating those points really doesn't include anything new as far as character development/plot is concerned. The viewers know that Origami is obsessed and that she was already powerless against Tohka as seen in episode 2 when she got wrecked in a single slash. Besides, by that same logic- It could also be seen as Tohka being too depressed over Shidou to fight Origami properly.

Quote:
Basically, the difference in strength between humans and spirits is actually important to the plot, not just something thrown in so we ca get off to the one-sided beatdowns.
Thematically, maybe. Personally I believe the whole difference in strength is just re-emphasizing the power spirits have over humans since spacequakes are already a thing, so I don't see how it serves as anything more than a redundant expression.
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 11:45   Link #2355
endarion88

for now i like the anime, yes they skipped some funny moment but that was obivious form the start and yes i admit they should have made tohka crush origami in a second but still they haven't torn apart the story so far and that's the important thing to me
Old 2013-04-20, 12:17   Link #2356
Birdway
Banned

From my POV they are trying to not make sudden mood switches since the novels has a lot of them.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 13:05   Link #2357
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

DO you think the PS3 character will be canon to the LNs, I mean, we never heard any mentions about Shidou's osana najimi in the LN.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 13:32   Link #2358
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
DO you think the PS3 character will be canon to the LNs, I mean, we never heard any mentions about Shidou's osana najimi in the LN.
Considering that Mana apparently isn't in the game at all, I assume it will be a storyline alternate to the novels. That, and clearly we're going to get romantic routes with each of the heroines, so I don't see how that could be canon witht he novels.
Old 2013-04-20, 13:35   Link #2359
Birdway
Banned

Basically a World without DEM.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 13:58   Link #2360
Algester

considering the title its a pocket dimension created by Rinne... hence Rinne no Utopia and I hope it remains that way and then everything else was but a dream... in an eroge simulator... actually... let's just call it the eroge animus
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy