AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2007-06-04, 17:07   Link #1981
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelshock View Post
what information did they not include about Yuji's powers? I'm guessing it was information told in the novels. (Being in Canada sucks )
Well except the fact that Yuji can't die from his torch dissapearing, i really don't know
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 06:01   Link #1982
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
Well except the fact that Yuji can't die from his torch dissapearing, i really don't know
Spoiler:

I think that's all for now. What's really impressive about him is that he took his death in stride after a day of terrible shock, and the fact that despite knowing that he might die out as a Torch in the earlier episodes, he continued to help Shana defeat Friagne. If that's a pansy, I don't know how brave you will have to be to stand up to just facing otherworldly beings.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 06:41   Link #1983
Anant

Just come to post image and go.

Wilhelmina ?

Spoiler:

By the way, where is Alastor?

Spoiler:
Anant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 07:41   Link #1984
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
Spoiler:

I think that's all for now. What's really impressive about him is that he took his death in stride after a day of terrible shock, and the fact that despite knowing that he might die out as a Torch in the earlier episodes, he continued to help Shana defeat Friagne. If that's a pansy, I don't know how brave you will have to be to stand up to just facing otherworldly beings.
Winner !
Most characters would go either Emo or panzer/berserk. but in Yuuji's case, he accepted his fate, and was able to do what he thinks right, not only for his sake, but for others too.
His devotion and resolute will were pretty awesome after Friagne's defeat, when he was apparantly about to disappear for the first time.
he looked a bit weak and whiney, but he actually takes his role as support for shana quite seriously, and wasn't slacking off like a sitting duck. (he wasn't passive, but rather actor in the battles)

i never felt him as a pansy really : the truth about his death didn't trigger either breakdown, or fantasy. and from there, he's just pilling up good points. (at least for me)

and the other good thing : he isn't the usual dense hero. he actually thinks about others feelings (Kazumi and Shana, so to speak), and he isn't acting like "oh, so in this scene, i'm suddenly feeling uncomfortable, and just have the urge to kiss her from nowhere".

he just need wielding casually blutsauger, and he will be one of the best human hero in recent series

Quote:
what information did they not include about Yuji's powers? I'm guessing it was information told in the novels. (Being in Canada sucks )
lots of people were wondering how the heck Yuuji could display some powers from nowhere.
in fact, J.C Staff skipped a detail.

When Sydonay was rapi... i mean, assaulting yuuji, the scene was different in the novel : IIRC, shana interfered, and slashes Sydonay's arm, while he was still playing some UFO catcher with Reiji Maigo in yuuji's body.
it appears to be an irrelevant detail, but in fact, Sydonay's chopped arm was absorbed by Yuuji, and triggered some latent Mistes powers.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-06-05 at 07:57.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 09:00   Link #1985
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

I just saw a trailer for an upcoming movie version of Shakugan No Shana, and they hinted (okay, they flat out SAID) that there will be a second season as well, coming this fall.

Also, I'm hungry. "Grilled Beef Set"
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 16:01   Link #1986
Hazelshock
Touch the bread and die

I just rewatched the episode that told well.. pretty much nothing about Silver and i was wondering if there was any info about him/her in the novels I'm just a little curious =p
Hazelshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 18:26   Link #1987
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
seriously its a dam shame that Wilhelmina doesnt get enough screen time...she even says so herself O_o heres hoping that she will get a bigger role in season 2

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 19:56   Link #1988
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Well, yeah, since she probably isn't going to try to kill Yuji anymore. Beside that, she's one of my favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anant View Post
Just come to post image and go.

By the way, where is Alastor?

Spoiler:

I'm amazed how he keeps getting lost at different places

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 19:03   Link #1989
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
I don't know if this has been posted, but is it possible to find scans for this manga
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 19:54   Link #1990
Hazelshock
Touch the bread and die

Yes you can find scans for Vol. 1 for all i know but it will take a while to find em, but their out there since ive downloaded em once sadly don't remeber the source sry =(
Old 2007-06-06, 20:16   Link #1991
overthere!

Send a message via AIM to overthere! Send a message via MSN to overthere! Send a message via Yahoo to overthere!
Does the manga continue on after where it ends in the anime?
overthere! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 20:30   Link #1992
Devard

Quote:
Originally Posted by overthere! View Post
Does the manga continue on after where it ends in the anime?
No, the manga is meant to be an adaptation of the light novels. So it starts from the beginning.
Devard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 22:44   Link #1993
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofus Maximus View Post
I just saw a trailer for an upcoming movie version of Shakugan No Shana, and they hinted (okay, they flat out SAID) that there will be a second season as well, coming this fall.
I just watched that too. While the official statement that there will be a season two in Fall 2007 was great to hear, I was rather dissapointed in the movie trailer.

From that trailer, it looks like the movie is just a retelling of the first season of the anime. The voice over said "The all-new Shakugan no Shana rewrites the beginning story on a grand scale" and all the scenes they show look like the could have come from the TV series. Same charactres, same villians, same fights. Hardly anything to get excited about as far as I am concerned. I was expecting something new.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 18:23   Link #1994
Hazelshock
Touch the bread and die

Yea i was a little dissapointed 2 when i heard it was a remake of the beginning but when i heard about season 2 i went crazy so i guess we'll just have to be patient
Old 2007-06-08, 22:41   Link #1995
blahdida

anyone who have seen the movie, plz post a picture of Alastor, i heard his true form was shown in the movie. Im speculating its true form is a lizard?
blahdida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 20:58   Link #1996
Hazelshock
Touch the bread and die

Anyone know if the movie has been subed yet or when it will be cuz i wanna check it out
Old 2007-06-11, 21:19   Link #1997
Devard

Quote:
Anyone know if the movie has been subed yet or when it will be cuz i wanna check it out
I don't think it will be for a while unless someone actually brought a camera into the theatres. The DVD will be released on September 21st, so you may be in for a wait.
Devard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 02:32   Link #1998
Shana-tan
Uruchai Uruchai Uruchai

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahdida View Post
anyone who have seen the movie, plz post a picture of Alastor, i heard his true form was shown in the movie. Im speculating its true form is a lizard?
I always thought he was more like a fire golem, or a phoenix (in one of the images in tendou kyo there's a kind of "bird" devouring torches...) and when Shana get the yogasa Alastor said something like "part of my wing" .... maybe I'm wrong

Uruchai! Uruchai! Uruchai!

Last edited by Shana-tan; 2007-06-12 at 02:38. Reason: I hate my english...
Shana-tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 03:10   Link #1999
Robotnik
Not a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana-tan View Post
I always thought he was more like a fire golem, or a phoenix (in one of the images in tendou kyo there's a kind of "bird" devouring torches...) and when Shana get the yogasa Alastor said something like "part of my wing" .... maybe I'm wrong
I could have sworn Alastor's true form is seen in the flashback arc and at the end of the series, like a huge winged dragon-like form of fire. I'm not confusing it with Marchosias' true form, am I? (Must rewatch now...)
Robotnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-16, 10:44   Link #2000
Ratix

Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
Hm, anyone tried the DS/PS2 game? How close does it go with the novel? Im sure it certainly doesn't follow the anime, how about the novel? See some pretty unfamiliar characters(Like maw etc) poping up <_<.

Like... This

Last edited by Ratix; 2007-06-16 at 11:06.
Ratix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, j.c. staff, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsundere