AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2015-07-03, 06:24   Link #6201
tshamo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Spoiler for about 125 raw:
tshamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 10:43   Link #6202
Calca
Expressionless
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Incognito
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshamo View Post
Spoiler for about 125 raw:
Do you have to pay expenses for labor, material costs, employee help, etc etc? Because the bottom line for Soma is not very much in this case.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 06:41   Link #6203
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
An anime-related comment that's more suited for the manga thread...

I'm not a particular fan of how Kurokiba was shown to be among one of the 'earlier' finishers of the 200 plates, since it immediately already implies that he's top-tier, since the fact that he was able to score 93 points in the Autumn Election was supposed to be somewhat of a shock moment.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 07:12   Link #6204
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
An anime-related comment that's more suited for the manga thread...

I'm not a particular fan of how Kurokiba was shown to be among one of the 'earlier' finishers of the 200 plates, since it immediately already implies that he's top-tier, since the fact that he was able to score 93 points in the Autumn Election was supposed to be somewhat of a shock moment.
I find it to be a fascinating move. The hint on the headband is the bigger surprise but thats not the most interesting part about this last one. They showed Hayama too.

Whats more fascinating is that based on the fact his father is introduced in the next episode means they're skipping the hometown arc (that'll piss off some of the fans of the childhood friend). I always wondered how they'd do the whole prelim arc and now the answer is clear.
__________________
Trinity seven social group

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 07:51   Link #6205
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Whats more fascinating is that based on the fact his father is introduced in the next episode means they're skipping the hometown arc (that'll piss off some of the fans of the childhood friend). I always wondered how they'd do the whole prelim arc and now the answer is clear.
I don't even care about the childhood friend, but I'm still annoyed that they're seeming to skip it. That's probably my favorite arc, but whatever. It's not like it's time dependent really, so they could easily put it in later if they get a second season.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 08:08   Link #6206
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I don't even care about the childhood friend, but I'm still annoyed that they're seeming to skip it. That's probably my favorite arc, but whatever. It's not like it's time dependent really, so they could easily put it in later if they get a second season.
When u consider it introduced the 9th seat it is. The question is what are they gonna do. If i'm a betting man they'll come back Soma with Erina and they'll discuss the autumn election stuff. Its gonna be an interesting few days though.
__________________
Trinity seven social group

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 08:17   Link #6207
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 32
Introduced him and did nothing with him. The only thing they do is hint that he may have rigged the top 8 bracket to make sure the copycat stalker faced Souma with sufficient means of pushing him (taking Takumi's Luna). But even that didn't really mean anything to the 9th seat's character.

But as said, if they skip it they can still easily put it in after the elections or even DURING the stagiaire period.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 10:13   Link #6208
Sixth
Mushroom Princess
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I don't even care about the childhood friend, but I'm still annoyed that they're seeming to skip it. That's probably my favorite arc, but whatever. It's not like it's time dependent really, so they could easily put it in later if they get a second season.
Depends on how they do that.

In fact, the hometown arc can be used as the first introduction arc for the season 2(if they got one. )

But of course, it also depends which point that the season 1 will ended at.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 10:17   Link #6209
Wandering Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post

Whats more fascinating is that based on the fact his father is introduced in the next episode means they're skipping the hometown arc (that'll piss off some of the fans of the childhood friend). I always wondered how they'd do the whole prelim arc and now the answer is clear.

They can simply rearrange things and make that arc occur later. Although it will Eizan's attempts to mess up Souma come off as a weird.
__________________
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 10:25   Link #6210
Dysprosium
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: P | [T]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Whats more fascinating is that based on the fact his father is introduced in the next episode means they're skipping the hometown arc (that'll piss off some of the fans of the childhood friend). I always wondered how they'd do the whole prelim arc and now the answer is clear.
Nope, I don't think so. Rather than skipping it, its most likely a reshuffle of arcs, before the Elections commences.

Bear in mind there's no way for them to finish up the entire Elections in this cour, so it makes little to no sense to skip the Karaage arc, whereby the introduction of the 9th seat is vital, in that aspect.

Btw, next week's episode will be a recap special, so normal service will resume 2 weeks later (with a new OP/ED by then, hopefully).
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 17:05   Link #6211
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 30
Well the Karaage arc would take at least 2 Episodes, so i guess that is why they decided to skip it and put in more important material.
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Twitch
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 17:09   Link #6212
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Read My Sig :)
they will pull off cliffhanger ending right before the tournament. called it now.
karage is the final arc of season just for eizan introduction before tournament
__________________
~Anime Songs Chord~
latest update 1 September 2016
ninjastarforcex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 19:48   Link #6213
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
I just saw chapter 125. It looks like Souma plans to sale around the whole Totsuki and not just on that place. Maybe when Kuga's shop is open he will face it head on but after it close. he will roam around. Having a moving cart helps that way. It can also attract costumers from different places.
__________________
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 20:03   Link #6214
Oberstein
Mein Kaiser!
 
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I just saw chapter 125. It looks like Souma plans to sale around the whole Totsuki and not just on that place. Maybe when Kuga's shop is open he will face it head on but after it close. he will roam around. Having a moving cart helps that way. It can also attract costumers from different places.
that pretty trick but its something Souma could pull off
come to think again there is no any rule apply in Tootsuki to restrict you cant move the cart to different place
Oberstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 22:40   Link #6215
Shlugo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Souma getting off to a bad start? Who could have guessed? Kuga has such an overwhelming advantage that I can't imagine any plausible way for Souma to breach it. He seems to have a plan, but still.

I'm interested in the top 3 stalls thing. I wonder what will be the significance of that.
Shlugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 22:50   Link #6216
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Im Lost
iirc, the castle behind the booth of Tsubasa is where Sensaemon lives, right?
__________________
DOmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-05, 03:52   Link #6217
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I just saw chapter 125. It looks like Souma plans to sale around the whole Totsuki and not just on that place. Maybe when Kuga's shop is open he will face it head on but after it close. he will roam around. Having a moving cart helps that way. It can also attract costumers from different places.
I think he's going to move everywhere to create an impression of scarcity. Make it so people seeing his cart will think "I have to buy now, because I may not be able to buy it later".

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2015-07-05 at 04:54.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-05, 04:50   Link #6218
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
the problem is i dont think he can do that. I'm pretty sure you have to stick to one spot and u cant move around that defeats the purpose of the stalls.
__________________
Trinity seven social group

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-05, 05:53   Link #6219
Breimn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
He should have moved somewhere he can intercept clients before they see the chinese booth .So closer to entrance? Well that whole zone near sempai is almost void because no one wants to be near chinese club booth.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-05, 07:38   Link #6220
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Well, the plot device that's familiar in situations like this is the "luck" of stumbling across a famous food critic or whoever, whom manages to convey the greatness of Souma's dish to pull a crowd.

But for some reason, I'm a bit skeptical that this will be the approach, because even if Souma manages to scrap through that way, it feels kinda cheap and doesn't highlight any actual ingenuity on Souma's part to overcome the challenge of "convincing customers to try his food."
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cooking, echii, food porn, foodgasm, licensed, moe, school, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.