AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-12-01, 20:57   Link #41
Zero_Kami
RAWR!

True on Ichigo. But they are both good in terms of fighting.

Last edited by Zero_Kami; 2010-12-01 at 21:10.
Zero_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 11:09   Link #42
wing 00

True but atleast Natsu dosent die in every fight like ichigo dose am i right
Old 2010-12-02, 20:45   Link #43
Zero_Kami
RAWR!

Yeah! That part does hold true
Zero_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 10:51   Link #44
Nite-Wing

Spoiler for manga spoilers:

Hes hardly the strongest character in the manga which is why I guess he doesn't feel like the most important character.
Old 2011-02-26, 07:04   Link #45
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Lol, I've found a real life version of Natsu:

Karyū no Kagitsume
/

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 23:09   Link #46
ForteAnly

Quote:
Originally Posted by wing 00 View Post
True but atleast Natsu dosent die in every fight like ichigo dose am i right
God that is true. Natsu gets his ass kicked from time to time but at least it's not as bad as Ichigo.
ForteAnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 04:43   Link #47
sho87
Banned

Ichigo gets his ass beat because his opponents are 1000+ year old monster fighters who mastered their spiritual powers, and is just a rookie with a shinigami + hollow power. Natsu just fights guild masters with easy access to his dragonforce and eats a flame power up and wins with ease and also has crappy fighting tatics. Also Ichigo is easily the most relative of the two protagonist. Natsu is just to simple, immature and wild to be as relatable as Ichigo.
sho87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 23:34   Link #48
pampz21
ShipCore

Natsu X Lisanna keep out Lucy !!!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 22:08   Link #49
Yukihiro

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Natsu X Lisanna keep out Lucy !!!
true there !! xD lisanna's a lot hotter and cuter !xD and i prefer lucy x loki

in my opinion both natsu and ichigo's fights are somewhat booring.. Natsu's fights are alright but its too short ! not natsu's fault, its the directors fault lool. and ichigo, the guy's one heck of a emo anime character. always talking while fighting ! dude get over it ! the bad guy won't listen to u unless u beat the crap out of him first. one thing natsu has that goku and luffy doesn't is natsu doesn't force the enemy to surender or talk with him with what's wrong or not, besides his fight with laxus cause laxus was still a good guy in his eyes being in the same guild xD

sorry for my grammar and english. im japanese so there ! lol xD

Yukihiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 08:25   Link #50
luffychan

FTvOP

check this video out it helps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy4lkLVBWzk
luffychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 14:35   Link #51
White Silver King
The Isley

Natsu is a cheap imitation of Luffy. I can't stand him.

Edit: Somebody didn't like this comment lmao.

Last edited by White Silver King; 2012-01-06 at 15:50.
White Silver King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 04:17   Link #52
sergel02

I really like how Natsu used his head a bit more in his latest fight with Sugarboy, by overloading that blob.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 14:24   Link #53
Ukeasan

LOL Natsu has the least amount of discussion in this topic.
Ukeasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 00:02   Link #54
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

That's because there's nothing much to say about this guy whose only talent is barging into fights head on
Old 2013-01-28, 15:16   Link #55
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
He uses fire. He's hot headed because of that (talking from Mashima's POV). That also makes him a typical shonen hero. Although I do wish he'd showcase some development, I can at least console myself that everyone elsr does.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-01, 22:03   Link #56
Zarati

Natsu is the best the dragon slayer and he is a cheerful guy and his words when he fights for whats right are so inspiring
Zarati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 13:21   Link #57
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

Well now that we're at that point in the manga where we finally got some insight into Natsu's past, I'd just want to say, his major development really took a long time to arrive. We've been kept in the dark for ages as to what Natsu's background is, ever since the first few arcs where all the major character's backgrounds were explored. Huh, I guess it was worth the wait
Old 2016-02-08, 11:17   Link #58
dmasterxd

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
Natsu is a cheap imitation of Luffy. I can't stand him.

Edit: Somebody didn't like this comment lmao.
No. Nastu is way better. He's actually a good character...Not to mention the two are nothing alike aside from liking to eat...

Anyway to the forum topic in general, Natsu is the best shounen MC I've ever seen. He usually doesn't try to talk his opponents to death and change their ways, and in the rare case that he does, he'll still beat the crap out of them first, then talk (this is where Natsu far outclasses the likes of Luffy and anyone similar). And there are even cases against certain villains where he'll go into unforgivable rage territory (Oracion Seis, Tenrou Island, Grand Magic Games, and Tartaros, all come to mind.) Is actually lovable with his idiocy, most of those come off as annoying more than lovable imo. Always makes it unclear whether he is chaste/oblivious or not XD. And for the cherry on the sundae, he realizes how stupid the heroic sacrifice thing is.

All of this makes Natsu one of my favorite FT characters, second only to Wendy.
dmasterxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 17:58   Link #59
Shonensucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmasterxd View Post
No. Nastu is way better. He's actually a good character...Not to mention the two are nothing alike aside from liking to eat...
Hi, nice to meet ya, but I'm gonna have to disagree here. Cookie Cutter Generic Shonen hero and a tribute to Goku no less(the author did say he and oda worked under him), Natsu is annoying and one dimensional and like Luffy is basically a non-character and a copy of Goku's more superficial traits.

Quote:
Anyway to the forum topic in general, Natsu is the best shounen MC I've ever seen. He usually doesn't try to talk his opponents to death and change their ways, and in the rare case that he does, he'll still beat the crap out of them first, then talk (this is where Natsu far outclasses the likes of Luffy and anyone similar).
Nothing new that any shonen hero hasn't done basically? And who has talked his opponents to death in a shonen manga, like you say. Luffy? And basically what your saying is basically what Goku and Luffy have also done as savage blood knight heroes but Goku is far more savage than Natsu will ever be. remember him wrecking the RR, killing Tambourine, beating Daimaku by using his body as a proyectile, beating Piccolo with his arms and legs broken and a hole in his chest, sacrificing himself against Raditz, going KKx4 when x2 could be deadly against Vegeta, his training in the travel to Namek, the way he crushed Freezer's pride, predicting the outcome of the entire Cell Game and putting Gohan in the center stage, threatening Kaioshin, killing Boo with the Genkidama and wishing him back to fight some more, stoping Beers from destroying earth, causing the multiversal tournament... he just went and put a hit on himself just to fight the best assassin in the multiverse again.

Natsu talks about sissy stuff like friends powering him up and being able to do anything because his friends, it's never about his own sense of self progress or joy of being a warrior.

Quote:
And there are even cases against certain villains where he'll go into unforgivable rage territory (Oracion Seis, Tenrou Island, Grand Magic Games, and Tartaros, all come to mind.) Is actually lovable with his idiocy, most of those come off as annoying more than lovable imo.
Same ol Same ol, you know who I like over all of them though Izuku Midoriya from My Hero Academia, it's slightly refreshing that we don't have another shonen MC whose main personality quirk is being a rambunctious moron (Naruto, Luffy, Natsu, Gon, Yusuke, Goku in Super). That said I'm gonna be blunt when I say this, he's a total pussy and not really a fun character like the others. Plus he kind of became the person everyone in the class looks up to a little too early in the series imho.
Still . . .

When he's running around half dead,
His broken arms flopping around in the wind,
Still trying to do everything he can to save folk,
Thinking up crazy shit like luring Beserk Tokoyami into hostile territory,
Winning over the hearts of loveable bad guys like Spinner and Toga,
And the entire time, his face looking like a slice of pizza that was dropped on the floor

. . . I can't help but think:
X
"That's my MC"

Quote:
Always makes it unclear whether he is chaste/oblivious or not XD. And for the cherry on the sundae, he realizes how stupid the heroic sacrifice thing is.
I think he's poorly written to appease kids in being highly innocent and blunt like them with a devious side.

I prefer Souma (Shokugeki no Soma) and even more so as a protags in comparison. He's far from a complete simpleton and has a lot more personality than your typical wind of the mill Shounen protag. His troll side is more of a bonus.

Souma isn't an idiot by any means

He's just a smartass/troll. There's enough to place him as marginally above average by shounen standards from a quality and entertaining viewpoint.

Quote:
All of this makes Natsu one of my favorite FT characters, second only to Wendy.
I'm sorry but I just don't see the appeal, especially the way he does these things which is typical cookie cutter shonen heroes cliches and he's poorly one demensional and too try hard to be edgy like Goku, Yusuke or even like I said Souma(who does it way better). He's just another brain dead hippy like luffy or goku sharing their simple/childlike traits like only really caring about battles and their reckless happy go lucky nature like going with the flow and consequences be damned, his over the top stubbornness etc

Oh and his catch phrase is the lamest empty recycled thing I've ever heard an acton hero utter to symbolize how cool he is. Thats what Natsu is, empty and hollow, barely even a plot device like Touma Kamijou, just a recycled lazy as hell cliche storm that has no substance or usefulness to him.
Shonensucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 18:23   Link #60
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonensucks View Post
Hi, nice to meet ya, but I'm gonna have to disagree here. Cookie Cutter Generic Shonen hero and a tribute to Goku no less(the author did say he and oda worked under him), Natsu is annoying and one dimensional and like Luffy is basically a non-character and a copy of Goku's more superficial traits.

Nothing new that any shonen hero hasn't done basically? And who has talked his opponents to death in a shonen manga, like you say. Luffy? And basically what your saying is basically what Goku and Luffy have also done as savage blood knight heroes but Goku is far more savage than Natsu will ever be. remember him wrecking the RR, killing Tambourine, beating Daimaku by using his body as a proyectile, beating Piccolo with his arms and legs broken and a hole in his chest, sacrificing himself against Raditz, going KKx4 when x2 could be deadly against Vegeta, his training in the travel to Namek, the way he crushed Freezer's pride, predicting the outcome of the entire Cell Game and putting Gohan in the center stage, threatening Kaioshin, killing Boo with the Genkidama and wishing him back to fight some more, stoping Beers from destroying earth, causing the multiversal tournament... he just went and put a hit on himself just to fight the best assassin in the multiverse again.

Natsu talks about sissy stuff like friends powering him up and being able to do anything because his friends, it's never about his own sense of self progress or joy of being a warrior.

Same ol Same ol, you know who I like over all of them though Izuku Midoriya from My Hero Academia, it's slightly refreshing that we don't have another shonen MC whose main personality quirk is being a rambunctious moron (Naruto, Luffy, Natsu, Gon, Yusuke, Goku in Super). That said I'm gonna be blunt when I say this, he's a total pussy and not really a fun character like the others. Plus he kind of became the person everyone in the class looks up to a little too early in the series imho.
Still . . .

When he's running around half dead,
His broken arms flopping around in the wind,
Still trying to do everything he can to save folk,
Thinking up crazy shit like luring Beserk Tokoyami into hostile territory,
Winning over the hearts of loveable bad guys like Spinner and Toga,
And the entire time, his face looking like a slice of pizza that was dropped on the floor

. . . I can't help but think:
X
"That's my MC"

I think he's poorly written to appease kids in being highly innocent and blunt like them with a devious side.

I prefer Souma (Shokugeki no Soma) and even more so as a protags in comparison. He's far from a complete simpleton and has a lot more personality than your typical wind of the mill Shounen protag. His troll side is more of a bonus.

Souma isn't an idiot by any means

He's just a smartass/troll. There's enough to place him as marginally above average by shounen standards from a quality and entertaining viewpoint.

I'm sorry but I just don't see the appeal, especially the way he does these things which is typical cookie cutter shonen heroes cliches and he's poorly one demensional and too try hard to be edgy like Goku, Yusuke or even like I said Souma(who does it way better). He's just another brain dead hippy like luffy or goku sharing their simple/childlike traits like only really caring about battles and their reckless happy go lucky nature like going with the flow and consequences be damned, his over the top stubbornness etc

Oh and his catch phrase is the lamest empty recycled thing I've ever heard an acton hero utter to symbolize how cool he is. Thats what Natsu is, empty and hollow, barely even a plot device like Touma Kamijou, just a recycled lazy as hell cliche storm that has no substance or usefulness to him.
ok to just avoid a big wall of text and after read all your wall i gonna say i "really disagree with you" and the only thing i see in your post is more like a "flame bait" whatever.

each shounen mc is good on his own way, i like goku or at last used to like goku(the old kid goku the current adult goku is more like a jerk and i really start to dislike him for his currently "battle are the only thing matter in world personality), i don't read one piece then i can't speak for luffy but he looks like a likeable character aswell, overal shounen mcs are supposed to be exactly like goku, like luffy, like natsu and "many different normally gettin on 2 zones or they are terrible mcs or are very good(in most harem cases is more common the first than the later you have terrible boring generic protakuns but this is another topic), what make a character terrible nowadays for what i see is more the "amount of hate/dislike peoples having toward him than his own personality.

Tags
character discussion