AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Re:Zero

Notices

Old 2018-02-27, 05:57   Link #2461
tuckersister

Seeing this spin-off novel starts to make sense in how the rest of the Witches of Sin get back to the living world. Looking forward to meeting them again later in the web novel. I wonder how the rest of the witches will physical show up (only Echidna has a actual body). Maybe they will take advantage of Subaru's abilities. Who knows.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-27, 18:08   Link #2462
Roxanne
メンバー

FINALLY! I found cover of vol 16 in facebook

@Applehell woman on cover of vol 16 is Emilia's aunt? Because she look like Fortuna
Roxanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-28, 02:24   Link #2463
Applehell

Hard to say right now. Otherwise the cover looks really nice, Sirius looks scary and creepy as hoped.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-28, 04:21   Link #2464
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

I'm a fan of Sirius's design. Very creepy
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-01, 18:09   Link #2465
Applehell

Clearer cover (you even see the tower in the background!):

Old 2018-03-02, 05:02   Link #2466
Roxanne
メンバー

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Clearer cover (you even see the tower in the background!):

what is mean?
Roxanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-02, 12:26   Link #2467
Applehell

It's building where Sirius appears and attacks from which gives clues to WN readers where this volume will end.

Either at Theater of Malice (Ch 19) or Resolution of Ice and Fire (Ch 24) if not a little latter. Meaning vol 16 would cover about 25 chapters give or take.

Last edited by Applehell; 2018-03-02 at 12:37. Reason: expanding
Old 2018-03-04, 22:58   Link #2468
Used Can

Question: This probably has already been asked several times already, but I read the last 20 pages or so, and didn't find anything, but does Emilia ever start doing anything relevant?

Plotwise, she seems to be there for Subaru to protect her, but does she ever become her own character and affect the plot through her own actions?

I did read in this thread she had some character development in Arc 4, and that's nice, but how about some plot relevance? Not as far as Subaru goes, but as far as her own character goes. Does she ever get any good development in that regard?
Old 2018-03-05, 14:07   Link #2469
Applehell

Synopsis for vol 16 and final cover

Quote:
"I will pass on the words of my mistress, Anastasia-sama, to Emilia-sama" One year after the battle at "Sanctuary", the camps are reunited, and Subaru Natsuki's days are full. Those peaceful days are brought to a close by a single letter brought by a messenger. An invitation to Priestella, the Water Gate City -- that was the contents of the letter sent to Emilia by Anastasia, one of the Royal Candidates. Heading straightway to Priestella after receiving the invitation, Subaru's group begin by once again seeing Anastasia's familiar face in the city of water. Renewing unusual old friendships, Subaru's group passes the time peacefully. -- Without realizing the beginnings of sinister intent behind it. The popular web novel, reunions and fresh starts in volume 16. -- The start of a new arc! Gather, ye stars that write history.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Question: This probably has already been asked several times already, but I read the last 20 pages or so, and didn't find anything, but does Emilia ever start doing anything relevant?

Plotwise, she seems to be there for Subaru to protect her, but does she ever become her own character and affect the plot through her own actions?

I did read in this thread she had some character development in Arc 4, and that's nice, but how about some plot relevance? Not as far as Subaru goes, but as far as her own character goes. Does she ever get any good development in that regard?
She was already doing plot relvant stuff before arc 4.

If weren't for her decison to save him he would probably be dead. The only reason Subaru, Felt and Rom was able to last against Elsa in the last loop of arc 1 was because she was there doing most of fighting before Reinhard came, otherwise it have gone save as the 2nd loop. She provided a lot emotional support for him in Arc 2 and fought the cult in Arc 3. I don't how she wasn't relvant. She herself actually never really relied on him for anything which itself becames a key issue in Arc 4. Instead he gets involved on his own. She only just had less screentime in the midpoint of the 3rd arc because wasn't around Subaru who acts as the POV character. Even then Subaru is just caught up in her story abit willingly.

Moveover Subaru is too weak to protect Emilia directly. She stronger than he is even without magic and is only ever able to help her through knowledge of things he shouldn't know about. Basically, you overselling him and he does the samething for every other character despite everyone being better than him in one way or another. He's ultimately more of an enabler. His main benefit to her is that he can watch her back and give insights or perspective on things.

Her development is separate issue, but she does indeed get it in Arc 4 as part of it deals with her past.

Last edited by Applehell; 2018-03-06 at 02:28.
Old 2018-03-06, 19:45   Link #2470
Used Can

Quote:
She was already doing plot relvant stuff before arc 4.

If weren't for her decison to save him he would probably be dead. The only reason Subaru, Felt and Rom was able to last against Elsa in the last loop of arc 1 was because she was there doing most of fighting before Reinhard came, otherwise it have gone save as the 2nd loop. She provided a lot emotional support for him in Arc 2 and fought the cult in Arc 3. I don't how she wasn't relvant. She herself actually never really relied on him for anything which itself becames a key issue in Arc 4. Instead he gets involved on his own. She only just had less screentime in the midpoint of the 3rd arc because wasn't around Subaru who acts as the POV character. Even then Subaru is just caught up in her story abit willingly.

Moveover Subaru is too weak to protect Emilia directly. She stronger than he is even without magic and is only ever able to help her through knowledge of things he shouldn't know about. Basically, you overselling him and he does the samething for every other character despite everyone being better than him in one way or another. He's ultimately more of an enabler. His main benefit to her is that he can watch her back and give insights or perspective on things.

Her development is separate issue, but she does indeed get it in Arc 4 as part of it deals with her past.
That's good. Thanks.

Anyway, by relevant I didn't mean "she does one or two important things", but relevant as in "she is fleshed out the way a main heroine should, gets plenty of focus said focus involve her doing things that are interesting and her actions are constantly affecting the plot".

Mind you, the impressions I get are not necessarily from the best sources, but I've read Emilia is pretty much a damsel in distress. For example, I read that in the volume after she completed her trial (which Subaru apparently couldn't), she got kidnapped and had to be rescued.
Old 2018-03-06, 21:47   Link #2471
Applehell

Quote:
That's good. Thanks.

Anyway, by relevant I didn't mean "she does one or two important things", but relevant as in "she is fleshed out the way a main heroine should, gets plenty of focus said focus involve her doing things that are interesting and her actions are constantly affecting the plot".

Mind you, the impressions I get are not necessarily from the best sources, but I've read Emilia is pretty much a damsel in distress. For example, I read that in the volume after she completed her trial (which Subaru apparently couldn't), she got kidnapped and had to be rescued.
Let me guess. You probably got that from /a/? Please don't take anything from there beyond a grain of salt, it's probably best not go there at all. That place is known notoriously distorting facts due to bias (unlike other places the Rem fanboys there are just unbearable) and Re:Zero threads are especially bad. It was the last straw made me leave that place 2 years ago since the discourse was so bad. Not somewhere for fair minded person to be.

But yes Emilia definitely gets her dues and quite fleshed out by the end of the arc after overcoming some of her inner demons. This kind of common thing with Tappei's major characters and he wouldn't single out anyone in this area his favorite character least of all. Anyone who tries to tell you otherwise has actually read the story. Her past is particularity important in series for a lot of reasons. Yes, she does get into trouble but so does 90% of cast including Subaru himself. Nobody in the story is infallible except Reinhard.

And since you didn't get any context for why that happened I'll give a light spoiler:

Spoiler for Arc 5:

Other strong characters get in similar predicaments, so this also pure hypocrisy.

Last edited by Applehell; 2018-03-06 at 21:59. Reason: forgot tags
Old 2018-03-06, 23:46   Link #2472
Used Can

Quote:
Let me guess. You probably got that from /a/? Please don't take anything from there beyond a grain of salt, it's probably best not go there at all. That place is known notoriously distorting facts due to bias (unlike other places the Rem fanboys there are just unbearable) and Re:Zero threads are especially bad. It was the last straw made me leave that place 2 years ago since the discourse was so bad. Not somewhere for fair minded person to be.
/a/ and Reddit actually.

Quote:
But yes Emilia definitely gets her dues and quite fleshed out by the end of the arc after overcoming some of her inner demons. This kind of common thing with Tappei's major characters and he wouldn't single out anyone in this area his favorite character least of all. Anyone who tries to tell you otherwise has actually read the story. Her past is particularity important in series for a lot of reasons. Yes, she does get into trouble but so does 90% of cast including Subaru himself.
I see, that's good.
I haven't read the WN or LN, but in addition to what I had read on the Internet, I assumed Emilia never got developed enough considering how insanely popular Rem is - I've seen some Japanese polls, and Rem takes more than 50% of the votes every time. I mean, I understand a side character being really popular, but the difference in popularity is massive - but well, Rem is also much more popular than Subaru and the rest, not just Emilia.

Quote:
Nobody in the story is infallible except Reinhard.
I wonder if he'll ever get humbled. The best thing about OP characters like his are to eventually seem them get wrecked badly.

Quote:
And since you didn't get any context for why that happened I'll give a light spoiler:

Spoiler for Arc 5:

Other strong characters get in similar predicaments, so this also pure hypocrisy.
Ah, I guess that makes sense. She found herself caught between a rock and a hard place.
Old 2018-03-07, 05:37   Link #2473
Applehell

Quote:
/a/ and Reddit actually.
Unfortunately, some of those guys usually come from /a/ to Reddit despite bashing the site to hell. It's thanks to no "waifuwars" rule usually that holds them in check. The occasional disinformation does happen sadly.

Quote:
I haven't read the WN or LN, but in addition to what I had read on the Internet, I assumed Emilia never got developed enough considering how insanely popular Rem is - I've seen some Japanese polls, and Rem takes more than 50% of the votes every time. I mean, I understand a side character being really popular, but the difference in popularity is massive - but well, Rem is also much more popular than Subaru and the rest, not just Emilia.
That's why comparing Rem to any individual character based on popularity is pointless. There is no character she isn't more popular than. Furthermore it's not based on her being more fleshed out than anyone else other than Subaru anymore since nearly half the major characters which includes new ones likes Garfiel are either developed just as much or more than her. It's more timing and circumstances for why she blew up now that put her over everyone. Even then her notoriety doesn't mean other characters aren't well liked anyway and Emilia who is the 2nd most popular character in the series has her fans for a reason. It's just targeted misinformation. Anyone trying to single out Emilia is usually just doing for agenda and being bitter.

Quote:
I wonder if he'll ever get humbled. The best thing about OP characters like his are to eventually seem them get wrecked badly.
The problem with that is... he is already very humble. I usually hate OP characters at very least if they are the protagonists but Reinhard works surprisingly well in the story. Tappei seems to be carefully n how writes in any scenario he's in. While he's one of most powerful characters in the series it's starting show even he has own personal problems and some of that related to how strong he is.

Quote:
Ah, I guess that makes sense. She found herself caught between a rock and a hard place.
On top of that Emilia is one of the more powerful characters in the series and one of the few members of cast who can hold their own against OP villains like the Archbishops head to head. The fact a dirty trick (even if is valid in what is a street fight) and resulted of happened should not reflect badly on her at all. This calling one of other characters in the story who gets poisoned in one battle useless becasue she was outwitted despite her performance prior.

Last edited by Applehell; 2018-03-07 at 22:39.
Old 2018-03-07, 20:06   Link #2474
Used Can

Thanks
One last question, and I would appreciate a full spoiler for this, how much information have the WN and LN shed on whatever connection there is (if any) between Emilia and Satella? By information I don't mean just blatant developments, but hints and the like.
Old 2018-03-07, 23:16   Link #2475
Applehell

Quote:
Thanks
One last question, and I would appreciate a full spoiler for this, how much information have the WN and LN shed on whatever connection there is (if any) between Emilia and Satella? By information I don't mean just blatant developments, but hints and the like.
Spoiler for Emilia & Satella:

Hope that helps.
Old 2018-03-09, 10:33   Link #2476
Applehell

New vol 16 illustration: Priestella

Old 2018-03-10, 08:59   Link #2477
Applehell

Arc 6 WN update.

Spoiler for Chapter 36 Summary:
Old 2018-03-15, 08:27   Link #2478
Applehell

Designs of Joshua and Sirius officially unveiled:

Joshua Euclius

Sirius, the Archbishop of Wrath
Old 2018-03-15, 11:21   Link #2479
Applehell

Vol 16 Preview is up:
http://bc.mediafactory.jp/files/d000...d.html#/page/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table of Content
  • Chapter 1: The Beginning is Always with a Visitor
  • Chapter 2: Water Gate City Priestella
  • Chapter 3: An Unusual Reunion, An Unavoidable Reunion, An Unintentional Reunion
  • Chapter 4: Deafening Silence
  • Chapter 5: Theatrical Malice
This volume's sample illustrations:

Last edited by Applehell; 2018-03-15 at 11:36.
Old 2018-03-16, 09:17   Link #2480
Applehell

New Arc 5 character designs:

Liliana Masquerade

Heinkel Astrea

For new page:

Quote:
Designs of Joshua and Sirius officially unveiled:

Joshua Euclius

Sirius, the Archbishop of Wrath

Last edited by Applehell; 2018-03-16 at 11:30.

Tags
alternate world, not harem, reborn, thriller, time travel, webnovel