AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-09-18, 05:39   Link #581
blewin

Just finished watching this anime. Although there're many confusing bits, at least they aren't too confusing like that in Noein, so I could keep watching. And the dark and melancholic atmosphere is executed nicely throughout the series. Characterisation is also pretty good, as well as the animation and music.

I especially like ep 24, where they devote more time to showing the childhood of the characters.

It's a shame that Ryou has to die at the end, but I'm just glad that Shin isn't left alone. He's such a tragic character.

Overall, I'd give this series a 8/10.
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 05:55   Link #582
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
Just finished watching this anime. Although there're many confusing bits, at least they aren't too confusing like that in Noein, so I could keep watching.
You found Noein confusing? Sure it had its moments, though everything was explained and made sense in the end. Same goes for this series actually. People complained about it, and still are doing though for me it all made sense in the end, and i can see it under a different light.
Old 2008-09-19, 05:35   Link #583
blewin

yeah.. I get the multiple possibilities thing in Noein, but there seems to be more that I didn't get. Been a while since I watched it, that's the impression I have of it now.

I agree. Watching the series twice would probably make it more understandable, now that all mysteries are revealed. I really like the atmosphere of PERSONA, the action and everyday life are nicely balanced. Too much action might take away the finer points in character development, one reason that I can't stick with Kaze no Stigma.

forgot to add, it's so sad that Yuki could have been saved but Ryu was tricked into signing her life away!
Old 2008-09-19, 08:44   Link #584
RamzaOwns
GUN道奥義 「賢者の舞」

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
yeah.. I get the multiple possibilities thing in Noein, but there seems to be more that I didn't get. Been a while since I watched it, that's the impression I have of it now.

I agree. Watching the series twice would probably make it more understandable, now that all mysteries are revealed. I really like the atmosphere of PERSONA, the action and everyday life are nicely balanced. Too much action might take away the finer points in character development, one reason that I can't stick with Kaze no Stigma.

forgot to add, it's so sad that Yuki could have been saved but Ryu was tricked into signing her life away!
hmm i thought he was saying the truth when he said that she cant be saved
RamzaOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 18:00   Link #585
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamzaOwns View Post
hmm i thought he was saying the truth when he said that she cant be saved
well... it was in ep 26 when Shin was fighting with his brother and got a piece of his memory about Ryou talking with the doctor (forgot his name) and suspecting how Yuki could have been saved.
Old 2008-11-08, 05:05   Link #586
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Looks like a good anime... will check it out

Last edited by CuXe; 2008-11-08 at 05:27.
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 20:21   Link #587
tyciol
*Artist

Hey guys, this series is a spinoff of Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3, right?

Trinity Soul's 26 episodes may be licensed, but I just found out that there were other anime produced previously also based on the SMT series. It doesn't look like they are licensed, but it doesn't seem like they were worked on...

http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/S...nsei:_DeviChil
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Me...Children#Anime

According to this, a 50 episode anime ran in 2000 called Devil Children. There is no tracker for this, I don't know what it means.

In 2002, a 2nd 52 episode season ran called Light and Dark. This has a tracker:
http://animesuki.com/series.php/1545.html

Someone has done the first episode of it, but I'm not sure if I should watch it because it seems like you'd have to see the first DC anime before watching LaD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ei_media#Anime
lists Digital Devil OVA from 87 which was licensed
http://animesuki.com/series.php/573.html

I am thinking, since LightDark and DigitalDevil do not have forums to link to, could we perhaps link their trackers' forum links to this existing thread?

There is also a "Shin Megami Tensei: Tōkyō Mokushiroku" from 1995 which like the original Devil Children, has no tracker. So if we ever find that someone has subbed them, I hope any created trackers can link here.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-22, 01:56   Link #588
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
A bit of necro, but NIS America announced already that the series will be dropped from their lineup, so it's unlicensed at the moment.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-03, 21:57   Link #589
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...etJn2o9z0o91vg

Dunno if anyone's up for rewatching with analysis on each episode. I binged it at one night and finished a minute before 12 midnight.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, supernatural