AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-14, 15:42   Link #21
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
a repeated piercing salvo,
^Yeah I can see some girls making some interesting use of his bankai. For those of you who still don't get it, try wrapping something rubbery and soft around Gin's bankai. Does that help with the imaging?

Back on track, so it seems like the general public seems to agree that Gin is and has been acting awfully suspicious? Would've been pretty lulzy to see gin just push aizen into that sweeper guy before aizen got a chance to blow it up haha
Old 2010-12-14, 17:24   Link #22
sayde

So apparently Aizen has gained yet another power-up he doesn't need. Urahara and Isshin go down without using Bankai, and Yoruichi goes down without...well...showing off anything new at all. I mean at least Urahara used a new shikai ability and Isshin revealed he too can use Getsuga Tenshou. Ichigo's lack of resolve seems pretty frustrating, but is understandable. As if sensing the difference between his own power and Aizen's wasn't enough, he just witnessed the man effortlessly decimate his peers, teachers, and mentors. So it's got to feel pretty demoralizing.

Seriously, the difference between Ichigo and Aizen at this point seems so incredibly astronomical that for one training session/power-up to be able to close the gap between them sounds ludicrous (to say the very least), I don't care what the power-up is. Baring that in mind, who here would raise an eyebrow if Ichigo came out from this training session significantly stronger than Aizen? Better yet, who would call BS if Aizen gained even more power-ups prior to their fight, and Ichigo *STILL* manages to become even stronger than him though one training session?
Old 2010-12-14, 18:43   Link #23
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Seriously, the difference between Ichigo and Aizen at this point seems so incredibly astronomical that for one training session/power-up to be able to close the gap between them sounds ludicrous (to say the very least), I don't care what the power-up is. Baring that in mind, who here would raise an eyebrow if Ichigo came out from this training session significantly stronger than Aizen? Better yet, who would call BS if Aizen gained even more power-ups prior to their fight, and Ichigo *STILL* manages to become even stronger than him though one training session?
It does seem kinda strange that one training would be able to stop someone like Aizen that was able to decimate so many people alone. But something is odd, why did Isshin wait until he noticed that cleaner was gone in order to teach Ichigo the final stage of Getsuga Tensho? If the cleaner was still there, would he have never taught Ichigo the move?
Old 2010-12-14, 18:48   Link #24
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Nah... that's Kubo's way to save explanations about any plothole...
I bet the only reason he had the cleaner destroyed because he ahad no use for it at the time but he'll bring it back randomly when he needs it
Old 2010-12-14, 19:01   Link #25
Lumir

Ridiculous Ichigo screen time. It was almost painful to see him like he was after all he has been through. He forgot about everything and everyone he was fighting for just because something crazy has happened to Aizen. And poor Gin has the duty of trying to get ichigo to realize something as he is seriously trying to do something to ichigo that even Aizen asks Gin what hes doing.

And whats this? The final getsuga? It better be something amazing because so far it sounds lame.

For those thinking if ichigo gets to be on par with the "new' Aizen from some training in the "Cleaning Train realm" that would be lame, think of it like this... Hes learing the final getsuga and its not his current form that will be fully utilizing it IMO. We all should know by now that he will be going all out against Aizen in his "undead hallow" form. And that form I gander is on par with the form Aizen has achieved, even without this new ability.

As for Gin he better watch out even Aizen is suspecting him now. Its only a matter of time before Ichigo remembers what he is fighting for and brings his full strength to the surface.

Youruchi, Isshin, and "sandal hat" disappointed me... No bankai's, and only fail combination's that where so predictable even I knew what was ganna happen next (EXCEPT that awesome benihime ability that ensnared Aizen and then exploded, looked awesome). I hope their role is either done, or they have something serious to bring to the fight or they will just be a waste of screen time IMO.

And lets not forget Rangeku-San. Whats she going to do? Whats driving her so... Is it just Gin? Or is it that she has to be the one that finishes him?
Old 2010-12-14, 19:50   Link #26
shtanimerocks
he who pwns all
*Author

i found the episode to be good but its rlly random at that point and time to teach Ichigo The final getsuga and i rlly dont think it will be that useful unless he's in his full crazy powerful hollow form which pretty much pwns everything but he cant control it when hes in that form he goes ape sht and destroys everything

you're all f@#$%& now!!
Old 2010-12-14, 20:20   Link #27
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
But something is odd, why did Isshin wait until he noticed that cleaner was gone in order to teach Ichigo the final stage of Getsuga Tensho? If the cleaner was still there, would he have never taught Ichigo the move?
He explained that the time stops in that place, and the train was there to kick people off. So now that the train is gone I think Ichigo can stay a thousand years practicing and then go back to soul society before Aizen has done anything.
Old 2010-12-14, 21:08   Link #28
secretzfan
*Fansubber

All for the plot did he destroy the cleaner just like central
Old 2010-12-14, 21:54   Link #29
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
We all should know by now that he will be going all out against Aizen in his "undead hallow" form. And that form I gander is on par with the form Aizen has achieved, even without this new ability.
Which wouldn't make any sense IMO. Aizen's base power without the Hogyoku (and without so much as activating Bankai) was in a league of his own in comparison to Ichigo (in bankai with his mask on). So it's not very plausible for his "undead hollow" form to suddenly surpass Aizen now that he's achieved his own massive power up. If that form were to match Aizen's base strength, that alone would be more than enough. But for it to equal or surpass Aizen now that's he's gained 2 power ups sounds stupid. And if the form manages to fight on par w/ Aizen should he gain even more power-ups, then things go from stupid to downright retarded.

Last edited by sayde; 2010-12-14 at 22:04.
Old 2010-12-14, 22:33   Link #30
Lumir

Quote:
Which wouldn't make any sense IMO. Aizen's base power without the Hogyoku (and without so much as activating Bankai) was in a league of his own in comparison to Ichigo (in bankai with his mask on). So it's not very plausible for his "undead hollow" form to suddenly surpass Aizen now that he's achieved his own massive power up. If that form were to match Aizen's base strength, that alone would be more than enough. But for it to equal or surpass Aizen now that's he's gained 2 power ups sounds stupid. And if the form manages to fight on par w/ Aizen should he gain even more power-ups, then things go from stupid to downright retarded.
Welcome to Anime. Ichigo is in a league of his own as he is something so far in the anime no one else is. Hes a human, shinigami, and hallow. As for what I was getting at about Ichigo's undead hollow form being on par with Aizen, I was merely speculating that they are on similar lvls in terms of capabilities from what we have seen... Ichigo dominating in his form and the same with Aizen. Also Aizen reached his limits against Isshin while still in his shinigami form. Id would go as far as to say Isshin was on a higher lvl then Aizen as shinigami.

If we compare the two there is one seriously noticeable difference. One is completely in control and the other is not. I suspect if ichigo can control and master that undead hallow form he will be something unlike anything on a level no one else that we know about is at or will ever be at. Remeber ichigo is unique in that he has all 3 types. Aizen IMO is someone who feels he got the short end of the stick when he reached his limits as a shinigami and devised all methods and ways he could to go beyond them in any means. His method happening to be using the hyogoukou, or is it using him O_o?
Old 2010-12-15, 00:23   Link #31
Pookatooka

I think the major thing to take away from this episode is that Ichigo is just as powerful as Aizen. Urahara, Isshin, and Yoruichi could not sense Aizen's power because of how much it surpassed their own. Isshin asks Ichigo if he can sense Aizen's power, to which Ichigo says yes.
Old 2010-12-15, 00:56   Link #32
sayde

Quote:
Welcome to Anime.
Plenty of anime contain tiers, power-ups, and rates of growth that make much more sense than this.

Quote:
Ichigo is in a league of his own as he is something so far in the anime no one else is. Hes a human, shinigami, and hallow.
Until we learn of why being part human makes Ichigo so special, his unique spiritual make-up alone doesn't put him in a league of his own nor does it help to further explain his potential. For all we know, the only special thing about being human is that it allowed Ichigo a natural method to achieve hollow powers on his own.

Quote:
If we compare the two there is one seriously noticeable difference. One is completely in control and the other is not. I suspect if ichigo can control and master that undead hallow form he will be something unlike anything on a level no one else that we know about is at or will ever be at. Remeber ichigo is unique in that he has all 3 types. Aizen IMO is someone who feels he got the short end of the stick when he reached his limits as a shinigami and devised all methods and ways he could to go beyond them in any means. His method happening to be using the hyogoukou, or is it using him O_o?
We'll have to agree to disagree. Because your statements don't help me understand exactly how and why his "undead hollow" form (controlled or not) should make Ichigo's power increase to the *exponential* level it would take to catch up to where Aizen is now. Especially since the series has yet to explain how being part human is even remotely relevant to his rate of growth in comparison to the rest of the vizards and arrancar.

Right now, being human barely seems to give Ichigo's shinigami + hollow power combination the advantage against a single captain level opponent. On the other hand, Aizen's shinigami half alone has proven to be multiple times more powerful than captain level. So why should one new hollow power-up eliminate the gross disparity in strength between (shinigami+hollow) Ichigo & (shinigami + hollow) Aizen, when Ichigo with both halves of his power can't even hold a candle to one side of Aizen's power (much less the both of them combined)? Simply because he's human as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookatooka View Post
I think the major thing to take away from this episode is that Ichigo is just as powerful as Aizen. Urahara, Isshin, and Yoruichi could not sense Aizen's power because of how much it surpassed their own. Isshin asks Ichigo if he can sense Aizen's power, to which Ichigo says yes.
If Ichigo is just as powerful as Aizen, then why would he be afraid of him or need another training session right now?

Last edited by sayde; 2010-12-15 at 01:23.
Old 2010-12-15, 02:15   Link #33
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
2) So what's the deal with that space that isshin and ichigo are in? He says he'll teach him the final getsugatenshou, but how exactly do they have the time to do that? Is it something like a hyperbolic time chamber (DBZ? where like 1 year spent there is the equivalent of a day) or something like that?
it's kinda a throwback to the Soul Society Arc, time works differently there and you can be tossed into another time as well if you don't escape the pain train
Old 2010-12-15, 05:32   Link #34
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
If Ichigo is just as powerful as Aizen, then why would he be afraid of him or need another training session right now?
Rather than just as powerful as Aizen, I'd say Ichigo is in fact stronger than his three seniors, but only barely into the threshold of power that Aizen is currently dominating.
Old 2010-12-15, 07:48   Link #35
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Rather than just as powerful as Aizen, I'd say Ichigo is in fact stronger than his three seniors, but only barely into the threshold of power that Aizen is currently dominating.
Yeah, i think Pookatooka used the wrong words.

Ichigo being able to sense Aizen, when others can not does say something about Ichigo and his potential.

The question is, what kind of transformation will unfold when Ichigo trains with Ishin in that "Hyperbolic Time chamber". His Father did say something about a Final Getsuga Tenshou, so i asume it will be something with the Zanpaktou.
Old 2010-12-15, 08:23   Link #36
Mr. Anon-san

Enjoying Gin having his way with Ichigo. He really put a lid on his "shonen hero" jar of power.
Also... brace for teh Mullet.

(btw, first post, nice to be here )
Old 2010-12-15, 08:33   Link #37
Falrish
Anime Wallpaper Lover

Send a message via AIM to Falrish Send a message via MSN to Falrish
This episode was a great one. It shows that Ichigo is actually what he is...part human. It is the fact that he is part human, part shinigami and part hollow that makes him so unique.
He lost his nerve when facing Gin because he was being talked to by a snake. We all know that Gin speaks with a serpents tongue, it has been shown in many other episodes.
I liked the battle scene with Urahara, Isshin, and Yoruichi because it showed a lot of different uses of the characters moves. It also had Isshin use his Getsuga Tenso which was HUGE to say the least.
Another thing that I noted is that Isshin had lost his powers for twenty years and has now gained them back. Makes one think.

I read the manga so I am a bit further ahead than the episodes so I will not say anything else except that I am very much looking forward to next weeks episode 302!
Old 2010-12-15, 11:47   Link #38
Lumir

Quote:
Plenty of anime contain tiers, power-ups, and rates of growth that make much more sense than this.
True but i was mearly stating this is anime as anime can go from making sense to making none almost instantly.

Quote:
Until we learn of why being part human makes Ichigo so special, his unique spiritual make-up alone doesn't put him in a league of his own nor does it help to further explain his potential. For all we know, the only special thing about being human is that it allowed Ichigo a natural method to achieve hollow powers on his own.
On the other side of the coin so to say it makes him special and on his own level because we dont know what being part human implicates in this world/universe. As far as ichigo's potential, that goes without saying. This guy is new, maby 15/16 while Aizen and the rest are centuries old having had maby a millennium to research and train. If you wanna talk potential there is no comparison when it comes to ichigo. The guy progresses so fast its scary! It even made Byuakkuga upset when ichigo started talking about his bankai, and Byuak-sama was saying it takes centuries to gain complete control over ones bankai, yet it took ichigo what? 3 days??!?!!?

Quote:
We'll have to agree to disagree. Because your statements don't help me understand exactly how and why his "undead hollow" form (controlled or not) should make Ichigo's power increase to the *exponential* level it would take to catch up to where Aizen is now. Especially since the series has yet to explain how being part human is even remotely relevant to his rate of growth in comparison to the rest of the vizards and arrancar.
That statement wasnt ment to help you understand but to simply put out there, we dont know the capabilities of eithers form. From what we saw they were dominant with unique abilities that far exceeded anything we have seen thus far. We are unable to gauge scientifically or through the all famous "power levels" each of their forms potential. We just know as much as the author wants us to know right now, and thats is that they are both in a league of their own.

Quote:
Right now, being human barely seems to give Ichigo's shinigami + hollow power combination the advantage against a single captain level opponent. On the other hand, Aizen's shinigami half alone has proven to be multiple times more powerful than captain level. So why should one new hollow power-up eliminate the gross disparity in strength between (shinigami+hollow) Ichigo & (shinigami + hollow) Aizen, when Ichigo with both halves of his power can't even hold a candle to one side of Aizen's power (much less the both of them combined)? Simply because he's human as well?
Once again ill state that ichigo is seriously scary because he is only 15/16, Has surpassed some of the greatest hallows/captains/and the list goes on in the shortest amount of time comparable. Ichigo is unique in just his being and the entire series has proven it. Now if we look at Aizen, the guy has had centuries to get to where he is, while ichigo has had what? Maby 2-4 years since he got mixed in the whole mess of shini/hallow?

As it stands that hyper bolic time chamber that isshin and ichigo are in right now could possibly be the greatest asset to them in the entire series, especially at the rate ichigo grows and becomes stronger.

Quote:
The guy is still a pre-adult, no one just ups and becomes a solid hardened soldier/fighter/warrior even at those ages unless they have been through those circumstances all their life. And in anime its very common to see such fear from our main characters with the supporting cast having to help him become the fearless hero we all want to see.

Also a thing to think about is, Ichigo had no recollection of what transpired after he went undead crazed hallow form. He does not have the experience or feeling of that form to combat Aizens new form in his mind. He was IMO unconsciously comparing his hollowfied shinigami form to Aizen's.

Anyways it is all speculation on my part as that form could just turn out to be a flux or plot hole. What I have expressed is my sole opinion based on what I presume to be the future.
Old 2010-12-15, 17:14   Link #39
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Wait, if some of you are claiming that Ichigo is just as, if not more, powerful than Aizen, then why can people sense Ichigo's spiritual force? By that logic, everyone else should not be able to sense Ichigo's power either...
Old 2010-12-15, 17:23   Link #40
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Wait, if some of you are claiming that Ichigo is just as, if not more, powerful than Aizen, then why can people sense Ichigo's spiritual force? By that logic, everyone else should not be able to sense Ichigo's power either...
He isn't right now maybe after the power up, but the only reason they can't hit Aizen is because his insides were empty